Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The New Coffee Room. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Corporate profits surged under Obama; Hooray for Obama's pro-business policies
Topic Started: Oct 30 2010, 06:49 PM (771 Views)
Axtremus
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
(hat tip Daniel)

In the 18 months since Obama took office, private sector corporations' profits have climbed a whopping 62%, "faster ... than during any other 18-month period since the 1920s."

Article: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1010/44268.html

Who ever says Obama's policies are anti-business, the data so far are rebuking that claim.

Obama is doing great by American corporations. :thumb:

Posted Image Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Copper
Member Avatar
Shortstop

If that was true he would probably blame Mr. Bush.
The Confederate soldier was peculiar in that he was ever ready to fight, but never ready to submit to the routine duty and discipline of the camp or the march. The soldiers were determined to be soldiers after their own notions, and do their duty, for the love of it, as they thought best. Carlton McCarthy

Larry
Member Avatar
Mmmmmmm, pie!
I never cease to be amazed at the sheer stupidity of a liberal.
Of the Pokatwat Tribe

John D'Oh
Member Avatar
MAMIL
Larry
Oct 30 2010, 07:21 PM
I never cease to be amazed at the sheer stupidity of a liberal.
I never cease to be amazed that conservatives appear to be totally incapable of recognizing that they're equally stupid.

Posted Image

Happy Halloweens!
What do you mean "we", have you got a mouse in your pocket?

Larry
Member Avatar
Mmmmmmm, pie!
Thanks for proving my point, John. If you actually listen to what the woman has to say instead of listening to all the leftwing personal attacks, you'll find the woman is far from stupid.

But then, liberals can't think for themselves, so I'll leave you to the usual liberal method of arriving at a conclusion.
Of the Pokatwat Tribe

John D'Oh
Member Avatar
MAMIL
Larry
Oct 30 2010, 07:43 PM
Thanks for proving my point, John. If you actually listen to what the woman has to say instead of listening to all the leftwing personal attacks, you'll find the woman is far from stupid.

But then, liberals can't think for themselves, so I'll leave you to the usual liberal method of arriving at a conclusion.
You're right of course. I'm far too stupid to understand the type of sophisticated arguments put forward by the likes of Ms. O'Donnell. When I watch her on one of your television channels, I'm reminded in many ways of the first time I opened a book on Einstein's theory of General Relativity. I speak roughly the same language that she speaks, and I recognize some of the words she uses - but the concepts. Oh my God, the concepts she speaks of. I begin to question my own humanity. Can this person, this thinker, this GODDESS really be the same species as me? Can she too walk upon two legs?

It's almost as if the human race has experienced a quantum leap to the next level of existence, and I'VE BEEN LEFT BEHIND.

TEACH ME, MS. O'DONNELL - SHOW ME YOUR WISDOM! TEACH ME TO PRONOUNCE THE WORD CON-STIT-TUSION!

Rainman
Member Avatar
Fulla-Carp
What does "hat tip Daniel" mean?
:confused:

OperaTenor
Member Avatar
Pisa-Carp
Rainman
Oct 30 2010, 08:04 PM
That means Daniel posted it elsewhere first, and Ax, having copied it, is giving him credit.

Larry
Member Avatar
Mmmmmmm, pie!
Quote:

TEACH ME, MS. O'DONNELL - SHOW ME YOUR WISDOM! TEACH ME TO PRONOUNCE THE WORD CON-STIT-TUSION!

So...... you're more concerned with whether they say the word right than you are in whether or not they know what's in it....
Of the Pokatwat Tribe

John D'Oh
Member Avatar
MAMIL
Larry
Oct 30 2010, 08:09 PM
Quote:

So...... you're more concerned with whether they say the word right than you are in whether or not they know what's in it....
No, I'm more concerned whether she's a freaking moron. And let's face it, she is, every bit as much as Obama is a worthless used-car-salesman.

The only difference between you and me is that you can't accept that the Republicans are a bunch of freaking idiots too.

John D'Oh
Member Avatar
MAMIL
Rainman
Oct 30 2010, 08:04 PM
Normally it means 'Hey guys, this is a load of sh!t you're just not gonna believe!'

Axtremus
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
Uhm ... re: "hat tip Daniel," it just means I saw the news in one of Daniel's post. Daniel's take on the same news is quite different from mine, and is quite harsh on Mr. Obama. Surely none of you think my presentation of the same news is "harsh" on Obama. :whome:

Larry
Member Avatar
Mmmmmmm, pie!
Quote:

The only difference between you and me is that you can't accept that the Republicans are a bunch of freaking idiots too.

You're correct. I don't see the republicans as being as big a bunch of freaking idiots as I do the democrats. Some of them, certainly. But it's a matter of percentages - the number of democrats who can't find their ass is much, much greater than the number of republicans who suffer the same problem. It's really quite easy to figure out which one is a freaking moron, regardless of party - if they're liberal by today's definition of liberal, they are a freaking moron and are unfit to be in office.

Now - apply that standard to them all and once you've weeded out the freaking morons the democrat party no longer exists, and there's still enough republicans left to run congress...
Of the Pokatwat Tribe

ivorythumper
Member Avatar
I am so adjective that I verb nouns!
Axtremus
Oct 30 2010, 06:49 PM

Who ever says Obama's policies are anti-business, the data so far are rebuking that claim.
Not necessarily, his policies might well be anti business but business people are smarter than him and have figured out how to game his policies. :lol2:
The dogma lives loudly within me.

Luke's Dad
Member Avatar
Emperor Pengin
Axtremus
(hat tip Daniel)

In the 18 months since Obama took office, private sector corporations' profits have climbed a whopping 62%, "faster ... than during any other 18-month period since the 1920s."

Article: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1010/44268.html

Obama is doing great by American corporations. :thumb:

Posted Image Posted Image
In the 20's? Yeah, that's when I would have guessed, too.

It's amazing what happens to profit when you cut payroll by about 10% of your workforce, freeze wages and cut benefits for those you have left, and start divesting yourself of assets cut reinvestment into the business until you see the way things are going. That's what happens when things fall to hell and a handbasket.
The problem with having an open mind is that people keep trying to put things in it.

Luke's Dad
Member Avatar
Emperor Pengin
Example: Local Furniture Company

4 stores, 15 employees per store, with each store averaging 2 million in sales during good times. Making about 60,000 profit per store.

Economy tanks, sales drop over a couple years to 1.2 million per year. Stores cut costs. Stores now losing money, roughly10-15k per year. Still the owner holds on to see what's going to happen. The day after Obamacare passes, he says time to cut it down. Closes 2 stores down. Gets an immediate increase in sales for several months because of the store closing sales. Once they do close down, he sells off the locations and the fixtures. Plus the two remaining stores each capture 20-30% of the business the other two stores were getting. Now instead of writing 1.2 million, they are writing 1.4-1.5 million each, and posting a modest profit. 2 stores making a small profit, is a hell of a lot more percentage points profitable than 4 stores losing money...

Net result, well over $1,000,000 less furniture is sold. 30 people are unemployed, and the owner gets a short term influx of cash from the selling of the assets, but it still represents a long term sacrifice on the owners long term return on investment.

Yeah, woohoo. You go Obama.

The problem with having an open mind is that people keep trying to put things in it.

jon-nyc
Member Avatar
Cheers
Actually LD, corporate revenues are up too.

In my defense, I was left unsupervised.

Copper
Member Avatar
Shortstop
Axtremus

Mr. Obama is probably the one saying that the loudest.

During his presidential campaign the anti-Wall Street rhetoric was repeated constantly.

He hates business and makes no bones about it.

If it was up to him the government would own them all.

He will, of course, not succeed as the posted results show.
The Confederate soldier was peculiar in that he was ever ready to fight, but never ready to submit to the routine duty and discipline of the camp or the march. The soldiers were determined to be soldiers after their own notions, and do their duty, for the love of it, as they thought best. Carlton McCarthy

John D'Oh
Member Avatar
MAMIL
Larry
Oct 30 2010, 08:33 PM
It's really quite easy to figure out which one is a freaking moron, regardless of party - if they're liberal by today's definition of liberal, they are a freaking moron and are unfit to be in office.
So, by inference you believe that anybody who isn't a liberal is automatically more intelligent than someone who is?

I'm afraid that an objective examination of the data available would lead to a somewhat different conclusion.

Jolly
Member Avatar
Geaux Tigers!
John D'Oh
Oct 30 2010, 08:14 PM
Larry
Oct 30 2010, 08:09 PM
Quote:

No, I'm more concerned whether she's a freaking moron. And let's face it, she is, every bit as much as Obama is a worthless used-car-salesman.

That dog don't hunt.

In a two-party system, one party is going to have better ideas than the other party. One party will generally have better candidates than the other party. Depending on those two variable and the whim of the public, one party will govern better than the other party.

At this time, I like what the Tea Party folks have done to the Republicans. They have brought focus and a raft of new faces.

My prediction is +51 on the House side and +8 on the Senate side. Dems retain control of the Senate, but it ain't gonna be fun.
The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States.- George Soros

Axtremus
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
Copper
Oct 31 2010, 06:07 AM
He hates business and makes no bones about it.
If he hates business, then he is remarkably ineffective at turning that hate into policies that hurt business.

Yeah, may be I should have emphasized his ineffectiveness at hating business instead of highlighting the effect of his policies that led to corporations' big, historic profits surge.

Perhaps I can go with Mik's favorite "amateur hour" motif:

"Amateur Hour: Ineffective Obama, while hating business, unwittingly helped corporations make huge profits instead."

:D

Larry
Member Avatar
Mmmmmmm, pie!
Quote:

So, by inference you believe that anybody who isn't a liberal is automatically more intelligent than someone who is?

Did I only infer that? I apologize - let me state it more clearly then.....

Hell yes. Anyone who can look at what's happening to this country and still have the nerve to call themselves a liberal needs to be committed.
Of the Pokatwat Tribe

apple
one of the angels
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20020015-503544.html
it behooves me to behold

Larry
Member Avatar
Mmmmmmm, pie!
Quote:

If he hates business, then he is remarkably ineffective at turning that hate into policies that hurt business.

I'm reminded of the saying "accountants are those who after the battle has been fought, rush out to bayonet the wounded".
Of the Pokatwat Tribe

Axtremus
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
Who are the accountants?
Who are the wounded?
Who wounded the wounded before the accountants rush out with their bayonets?
:blink:

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The New Coffee Room · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: