Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The New Coffee Room. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
A Politician Larry Can Love
Topic Started: Mar 27 2009, 10:46 AM (834 Views)
QuirtEvans
Member Avatar
I Owe It All To John D'Oh
Mikhailoh
Mar 28 2009, 12:49 PM
Renauda
Mar 27 2009, 01:21 PM
This talk of a immanent revolution in the USA is hysterical nonsense.

A more plausible scenario would be a military coup along the lines of Julius Caesar that leaves the trappings of an elected and effective legislative branch and independent judiciary intact.
Y'know, Ren - that is one thing I do worry about, although I don't lose sleep over it. For the first time in my life I feel like we have a president who, if he gave an order the military deemed unwise, might be disobeyed.
Never, ever happen.

Because he's picked people the military respect in his command structure, and because Powell and Shinseki are on his side.

It would be unwise to underestimate what large groups of ill-informed people acting together can achieve. -- John D'Oh, January 14, 2010.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mikhailoh
Member Avatar
If you want trouble, find yourself a redhead
I suspect if it did happen, we would not hear about it for many years. But I disagree with you that it could never happen. The poor guy has walked into a pretty precarious perch.
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there's a gun around, I want to be controlling it." Clint Eastwood, Pink Cadillac

Larry
Member Avatar
Mmmmmmm, pie!
QuirtEvans
Mar 27 2009, 11:23 AM
[Response to Larry, because I agree with Red Rice]

At the end of the day, it's a democracy. We are a nation of laws, and of rules.

You and others felt this way before the election, and you screamed it at the top of your lungs. The majority felt otherwise, and elected Obama, despite your concerns. It's awfully hard to square your views about "domestic enemies" with a democracy ... I could just as easily have said that I felt Dick Cheney was a domestic enemy. At some point, the one who wins a validly-held election can't be treated as a domestic enemy.

Either we respect our system of government, or we don't. If we don't, I wonder if anyone will like the next form better.
Brought back up for posterity.....

Especially his last sentence, considering how he's singing the opposite tune now...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA
Of the Pokatwat Tribe

« Previous Topic · The New Coffee Room · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: