Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The New Coffee Room. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
The Peggybank totals; (fund for Noah, Adam and Nathan)
Topic Started: Jan 20 2008, 09:39 AM (4,308 Views)
jodi
Member Avatar
Fulla-Carp
Pledges total so far is at least $8695, although some were in other than US dollars, so it may be a bit more than that.

(could somebody please pin this thread?)

Thanks!

:) Jodi
my artlog ~ todayatmydesk.weebly.com
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Luke's Dad
Member Avatar
Emperor Pengin
That's a wonderful start! Now it's time to start getting those corporate sponsorships. I'm glad to say that 89th key just announced that he will match and double all donations between now and 1:00 PM EST if we hit a goal of $500 between now and then!

The problem with having an open mind is that people keep trying to put things in it.

jon-nyc
Member Avatar
Cheers
Its a start.... we'll do better than that, though. We haven't even started shaking the trees yet!
In my defense, I was left unsupervised.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

RosemaryTwo
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
It is a great start, yes. I think Jon's right, too, we can shake some more trees.

Peggy will be so touched.

I would be.

:thumb:
"Perhaps the thing to do is just to let stupid run its course." Aqua

George K
Member Avatar
Finally
Jon, you've done this before - fundraising that is. What's the actual "collection vs. pledge" percentage, usually?
A guide to GKSR: Click

"Now look here, you Baltic gas passer... "
- Mik, 6/14/08

Nothing is as effective as homeopathy.

I'd rather listen to an hour of Abba than an hour of The Beatles.
- Klaus, 4/29/18

jodi
Member Avatar
Fulla-Carp
Updated total:

$9460 (this is ballpark, several of the pledges were not in US currency, and I haven't calculated that part out)

I will answer all your PM pledges soon, I promise. I have some family stuff to attend to at the moment.

:) jodi

The 89th Key
Member Avatar

This thread is now pinned.

jon-nyc
Member Avatar
Cheers
George K
Jan 20 2008, 01:00 PM
Jon, you've done this before - fundraising that is. What's the actual "collection vs. pledge" percentage, usually?

If the collector is known to the pledgee its damn near 100%. That's why I've been single minded and obnoxious insistent about using Jodi as the collection point. ;)

***musical princess***
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
I just donated but it's in british pounds so it'll need sorting

x
x Caroline x

jon-nyc
Member Avatar
Cheers
MP - I'll PM you now.

Mikhailoh
Member Avatar
If you want trouble, find yourself a redhead
This is outstanding - but I know we can do better!!!!

If we were to raise, say as little as $30K - we could provide a fund for current expenses of $10K, and provide an investment account for the boys' education that would be around $70K each by the time they went to college.

Think about how difficult it would be for single parent to amass that kind of nest egg. These kids had a very brave mother who thought to protect them first, then tried to outwit her abductor. Her efforts rate ours.
Once in his life, every man is entitled to fall madly in love with a gorgeous redhead - Lucille Ball

Optimistic
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
Mikhailoh
Jan 20 2008, 06:26 PM
This is outstanding - but I know we can do better!!!!

I think this is a great amount for a cause that was only started a few hours ago, and I think as people get a chance to see the message and talk with spouses we could see an amount like what you're aiming for, Mik. :smile:
PHOTOS

I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week, sometimes, to make it up.
- Mark Twain

We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
-T. S. Eliot

Mikhailoh
Member Avatar
I agree wholeheartedly Optimistic. The online piano community is literally thousands of people who are registered and more still who just hang around. A lot of them have registered just to express condolences.

Once in his life, every man is entitled to fall madly in love with a gorgeous redhead - Lucille Ball

jodi
Member Avatar
Fulla-Carp
Updated total pledges:

$11,510

Mikhailoh
Member Avatar
WHOOO HOOO! You guys ROCK!

Let's keep it going now!

(And Jodi REALLY rocks for doing all this work.....)

Aqua Letifer
Member Avatar
ZOOOOOM!
jodi
Jan 20 2008, 07:56 PM
Updated total pledges:

$11,510

Rock on.

Special thanks for the group putting this together, and for jodi for taking care of it all.
I cite irreconcilable differences.

katie
Fulla-Carp
Good.
People are generous.
I want to see $15K!

All of you are doing a good job coordinating this.

Piano*Dad
Member Avatar
Bull-Carp
jon-nyc
Jan 20 2008, 03:25 PM
George K
Jan 20 2008, 01:00 PM

If the collector is known to the pledgee its damn near 100%. That's why I've been single minded and obnoxious insistent about using Jodi as the collection point. ;)

:lol:

I suspect we'll have a very low "slippage" rate.

When will we get marching orders on the fund?

Jack Frost
Member Avatar
Bull-Carp
Piano*Dad
Jan 21 2008, 10:14 AM

When will we get marching orders on the fund?

We hope it will be no later than tomorrow morning.

jf
Quote:

Let it be said by our children's children that when we were tested we refused to let this journey end, that we did not turn back nor did we falter; and with eyes fixed on the horizon and God's grace upon us, we carried forth that great gift of freedom and delivered it safely to future generations.

jodi
Member Avatar
Fulla-Carp
Updated total pledges:

$12,320

I had hoped to be able to reply to everybody's pledge by now, but I've had 86 private messages so far from the four forums combined, and I haven't been able to do much more than answer the ones that had questions. I will PM everybody with where to send the money as soon as we figure out the logistics of everything. Thanks so much for your generosity so far - you guys are awesome! Keep it up!!

Mikhailoh
Member Avatar
Over TWELVE THOUSAND DOLLARS in a couple days. Outstanding. We are going to make a real difference in these boys' lives.

Do I hear $15K?

Frank_W
Member Avatar
Resident Misanthrope
Jodi, why not make another sticky for where people can send their donations, so that this doesn't just fade out? If people are unable to donate much right now, maybe they will, or want to donate at a future date, or people who wish to donate more than once... I think it would be a good thing to be made public. Then again, if it's your personal address, I can see why you probably wouldn't want that to be public...
Anatomy Prof: "The human body has about 20 sq. meters of skin."
Me: "Man, that's a lot of lampshades!"

Mikhailoh
Member Avatar
Frank, it won't be her address. It will most likely be Jack's office, with the checks made out to the trust name. I think I know the name, but I don't want to say anything until it is filed and official. No checks will be made out to a poster personally.

But let's see if we can hit that $15K mark this week!

The 89th Key
Member Avatar

I told Jodi that I will pin a LOCKED thread with the donation instructions once it's established. :)

Mikhailoh
Member Avatar
Mikhailoh
Jan 21 2008, 02:40 PM
Frank, it won't be her address. It will most likely be Jack's office, with the checks made out to the trust name. I think I know the name, but I don't want to say anything until it is filed and official. No checks will be made out to a poster personally.

But let's see if we can hit that $15K mark this week!

I misspoke. It may in fact be Jodi's address, or a PO box she can access.

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Important Topics · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: