Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The New Coffee Room. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
It's time to help one of our own.; Justme and Family
Topic Started: Jan 19 2008, 07:06 PM (4,830 Views)
George K
Member Avatar
Finally
As some of you already know, an unimaginable tragedy has happened to one of our own.

Peggy, who you all know as Justme, moved to the Northport, Florida a couple of years ago to be near her family and grandchildren. As you may have seen on the national news, her daughter-in-law.. her grandchildren’s mother .. Denise Amber Lee was kidnapped from her home and murdered Thursday. You can read more about the family, the crime and her fight to stay alive at this link and the various links on the bottom of that page.

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20080...AKING/624076310

Peggy has been around these forums since day one. She has always been respected. As a former piano dealer she has been a source of information and wisdom for piano shoppers, and always a voice for compassion for everyone here. In all these years we have never, ever seen anyone who did not like her.

This is the stuff that happens to other people - not people we know. But it did. Noah, 2, and Adam, 6 months, are left without their mother and Peggy’s son, Nathan without his wife. They will not remember their mother - a sadder circumstance we cannot imagine.

These kids and Nathan are going to need a lot of help in the coming days and years. We have an opportunity here to help take care of our own. We are starting a fund to both help this family with today’s expenses and hopefully also an education fund for the boys. This will include at least Piano World, The New Coffee Room, the Well Tempered Forum and Piano Facts.

We will work on the legalities of the fund tomorrow with the attorneys who are members of the various fora and Peggy’s close friends, in order to assure proper collection, handling and distribution of all funds. Details will be available.

[size=7]What we ask of you now is not to send a check yet, but to PM your pledge amount to jodi, who is present by that name in all the forums, and to post that you have pledged in this thread.[/size]

You need not include the amount in this thread and no list of who gave how much will ever be published. We are asking for this pledge in advance of the check so that we can figure out the appropriate vehicle for the collection of funds. We want you to post a quick response in this thread once you've PM’ed Jodi so that we can gauge how close we are to hearing from everyone who's expressed an interest to help out - again the idea is for us to know approximately how much we'll collect beforehand so we can set up the collection facility accordingly. We will post details of where to actually send checks in the coming days.

Our sincere hope is that we can collect enough to help the boys today and in the future, to ease the burden on their father today, and to take advantage of the power of time to help with their education in the coming years.

We ask that you help with what you can, however big or small. The online piano community has an amazing diversity in people’s location, age and circumstance, so every donation is a godsend, one you should be proud of. We cannot bring Denise back to her children - but with hundreds, maybe thousands, of current active posters and readers we can work a miracle where one is surely needed today.

Sincerely,

Mikhailoh
Jon NYC
George K
Larry
Jack Frost
Jodi
et al

(We would love but for space and time to list ALL of you... everyone who has expressed their support, prayers and compassion. Despite our disagreements on here, we ARE a community, and we would challenge you to find one better.)

Updated by 89th: Here are the links/info found below, but I thought I should put them here for easier access:

How to PM jodi:

Just follow the link in any of these forum profiles:

TNCR: http://z10.invisionfree.com/The_New_Coffee...php?showuser=69
WTF: http://well-temperedforum.groupee.net/eve/...le&u=3060035433
PW: http://www.pianoworld.com/ubb/cgi-bin/ulti...profile/11.html
PF: http://www.armleg.com/forum/profile.php?mo...forum=pianosinc
A guide to GKSR: Click

"Now look here, you Baltic gas passer... "
- Mik, 6/14/08

Nothing is as effective as homeopathy.

I'd rather listen to an hour of Abba than an hour of The Beatles.
- Klaus, 4/29/18
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jon-nyc
Member Avatar
Cheers
I've pledged - Jodi check your PM.
In my defense, I was left unsupervised.

George K
Member Avatar
Finally
I'm in as well. Jodi, start the calculators!
A guide to GKSR: Click

"Now look here, you Baltic gas passer... "
- Mik, 6/14/08

Nothing is as effective as homeopathy.

I'd rather listen to an hour of Abba than an hour of The Beatles.
- Klaus, 4/29/18

jon-nyc
Member Avatar
Cheers
George K
Jan 19 2008, 10:10 PM
I'm in as well. Jodi, start the calculators!

Hopefully her calculator will get a stack overflow...

Mikhailoh
Member Avatar
If you want trouble, find yourself a redhead
I'm in too.
Once in his life, every man is entitled to fall madly in love with a gorgeous redhead - Lucille Ball

DivaDeb
HOLY CARP!!!
done

Jack Frost
Member Avatar
Bull-Carp
Jack and kathyk are pledged.

jf
Quote:

Let it be said by our children's children that when we were tested we refused to let this journey end, that we did not turn back nor did we falter; and with eyes fixed on the horizon and God's grace upon us, we carried forth that great gift of freedom and delivered it safely to future generations.

CTPianotech
Member Avatar
Fulla-Carp
PM sent

jon-nyc
Member Avatar
Cheers
Making it easy to PM her...

Here's the link to her profile:

http://z10.invisionfree.com/The_New_Coffee...php?showuser=69

Theres a link there to send a PM.

DivaDeb
HOLY CARP!!!
Jon, since Jodi's having dinner guests this evening and the PM boxes aren't unlimited in space, maybe post a link to her PM box in Piano Facts, WTF and PW as well...just in case somebody gets the "full" message?

jon-nyc
Member Avatar
Cheers
also as a reminder PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE reply here once you pledged to jodi - we really need to gauge when the pledges are more or less in so we can start figuring out the proper collection vehicle...

jon-nyc
Member Avatar
Cheers
DivaDeb
Jan 19 2008, 10:26 PM
Jon, since Jodi's having dinner guests this evening and the PM boxes aren't unlimited in space, maybe post a link to her PM box in Piano Facts, WTF and PW as well...just in case somebody gets the "full" message?

Great idea:

THis is her WTF profile:

http://well-temperedforum.groupee.net/eve/...le&u=3060035433

THis is her PW profile:

http://www.pianoworld.com/ubb/cgi-bin/ulti...profile/11.html

and this is her PF profile:

http://www.armleg.com/forum/profile.php?mo...forum=pianosinc

Pianolicious
Senior Carp
I pledged and PM'd Jodi at WTF.
Sit tibi vita longa et omnia bona!!! -- Dr. Spock

BeeLady
Member Avatar
Middle Aged Carp
Done
"My wheel shall sing responsive to my tread,
And I will spin so fine, so strong a thread
Fate shall not cut it, nor Time's forces break"
"Distaff and Spindle: Sonnets by Mary Ashley Townsend" 1895

Dewey
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
Pledge sent.
"By nature, i prefer brevity." - John Calvin, Institutes of the Christian Religion, p. 685.

"Never waste your time trying to explain yourself to people who are committed to misunderstanding you." - Anonymous

"Oh sure, every once in a while a turd floated by, but other than that it was just fine." - Joe A., 2011

I'll answer your other comments later, but my primary priority for the rest of the evening is to get drunk." - Klaus, 12/31/14

jon-nyc
Member Avatar
Cheers
NOTE TO OUR CANUCK NORTHERN NEIGHBORS.

and anyone pledging EUR or GBP...

Please PM your pledge to Jodi in CAD, GBP, or EUR. AND POST HERE, mentioning that your pledge was in non-USD currency. Once we have all the pledges, I will work with all of you to get the money here efficiently.

John D'Oh
Member Avatar
MAMIL
Done.
What do you mean "we", have you got a mouse in your pocket?

Jane D'Oh
Member Avatar
Fulla-Carp
John PM'd for us. Edit: Sorry, his post didn't show for me.
Pfft.

taiwan_girl
Member Avatar
Fulla-Carp
I have also sent a PM to Jodi.

The 89th Key
Member Avatar

I've pledged.

Riley
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
jon-nyc
Jan 19 2008, 10:49 PM
NOTE TO OUR CANUCK NORTHERN NEIGHBORS.

and anyone pledging EUR or GBP...

Please PM your pledge to Jodi in CAD, GBP, or EUR. AND POST HERE, mentioning that your pledge was in non-USD currency. Once we have all the pledges, I will work with all of you to get the money here efficiently.

Pledged.

With a USD money order, the conversion is done on this end.

The 89th Key
Member Avatar

FYI to those organizing this effort in various forums: I have updated the initial post in this thread to not only highlight the "action" item, but also provide the links to Jodi's profile in various forums.

PLEASE NOTE THAT the links I have put there are CORRECT. I say that because it seems some of "Jodi's profile" links in this thread and in other forum threads were incorrect with the URL. Please update.

Thanks for your coordinating effort, very much appreciated.

Jeffrey
Senior Carp
Pledge sent in another forum.

Thanks to those who are organizing this.

ivorythumper
Member Avatar
I am so adjective that I verb nouns!
MS and IT responded.
The dogma lives loudly within me.

kluurs
Member Avatar
Fulla-Carp
Done