Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The New Coffee Room. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Those lying jerks at MoveOn...; ...caught again...
Topic Started: Nov 30 2005, 08:30 AM (1,238 Views)
Jolly
Member Avatar
The Truth is out there.
http://michellemalkin.com/archives/004007.htm
The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States.- George Soros
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Larry
Member Avatar
Mmmmmmm, pie!
Good article. Only a fool would pay any attention to what Moveon has to say.

Speaking of...... Kathy, since you get most of your information from Moveon, I thought it would be good for you to practice some of that "open minded intellectual curiosity" you claim to have...

Here is a website for you to read:

http://moveamericaforward.org/

Of the Pokatwat Tribe

Aqua Letifer
Member Avatar
ZOOOOOM!
Quote:

Good article. Only a fool would pay any attention to what Moveon has to say.

Well, any website with a .org URL should clue one in to the idea that maybe they're not as independent and objective as they claim to be...

Partisan news sources are fine with me, but if someone claims to be fair and balanced, you'd better check their sources to make sure.
I cite irreconcilable differences.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The 89th Key
Member Avatar

Hahaha....man, I feel bad for the liberals. Theire party is being stained on by those like MoveOn, Moore, and Murtha... :no:

kathyk
Member Avatar
Pisa-Carp
FOR THE LAST TIME, WOULD YOU GET IT RIGHT, LARRY (you shameless purveyor of urban myths)!

I do not get most of my information from Moveon. Moveon is a political activist group that wages specific campaigns. Moveon is not a place to get news. I have not even logged onto to Moveon.org for months.

The source of much of my information is Truthout which is a clearing house for articles from the mainstream media.

Blogging in Palestine: http://kksjournal.com/

QuirtEvans
Member Avatar
I Owe It All To John D'Oh
Do you really expect him to let the truth get in the way of a perfectly good diatribe, Kathy?
It would be unwise to underestimate what large groups of ill-informed people acting together can achieve. -- John D'Oh, January 14, 2010.

Larry
Member Avatar
Mmmmmmm, pie!
Quote:

The source of much of my information is Truthout which is a clearing house for articles from the mainstream media.

I want that enshrined so you can't deny you said it later on. Truthout is *not* a "clearing house for articles from the mainstream media". It is a leftwing nutbob website that seeks out articles that supports their agenda, and that writes editorials spewing the typical trash of the Left. Thank you for admitting that this pathetic website is where you get all your information from, though. It makes it easier for people to understand why you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground.

Of the Pokatwat Tribe

The 89th Key
Member Avatar

I just checked out Truthout for the first time, and what do you mean by "a clearing house". Seems pretty biased if you ask me.

If you want fair and balanced news, you know where to go. ;)

Larry
Member Avatar
Mmmmmmm, pie!
The Truth about Truthout

When President Bush stepped onto the presidential landscape in 2000, the Left had only just started to show their true colors concerning their psychopathic hatred for him – especially those in the Far Left auspices of the elite media, who still prove daily to be further aiding and abetting America’s enemies. Undeniably, Bush seems to have brought out the voracious fury of the Left in ways no other U.S. president has done since the late great former President Ronald Reagan won his 40-year battle over Communism, which Far Left media propagators still pine after to this very day.

Although leftist propaganda portals such as CNN, MSNBC, the ABC-CBS-NBC cabal, the Associated Press, Reuters, NPR, the New York Times, the Los Angeles Times and the Washington Post, just to name a few, have done their part to advance the Left’s agenda, ultra-leftist extremists have already infiltrated the New Media of cyberspace – spewing out their own kind of caustic venom at the Bush administration.

One of those Web sites that has morphed itself into a veritable cyber Trojan horse of the Far Left is Truthout.org, which disturbingly paints an extremely distorted picture of the Bush White House as “neo-conservative fascists”; the U.S. military as “invaders” and “occupiers”; America as an “imperialist” “police state” and Islamic terrorists as “victims” of “U.S.-led aggression,” which Truthout.org blames for the Sept. 11 attacks. But, at the same time, they dismiss Bill Clinton and Al Gore’s utter cowardice in confronting the six separate terrorist attacks that occurred on and off U.S. soil from 1993-2000.

While claiming to represent America and purportedly seeking to “get the truth out” about President Bush’s so-called “deception,” and ignoring the actual corruption that has been lurking in the Far Left wing of the Democratic Party, Truthout.org inauspiciously conceals who they really are: A cyber cesspool of anti-American, anti-Semitic, pro-Palestinian sentiment that also functions as a virtual landfill of hatred for Bush, conservative Republicans and the U.S. military.

In a nutshell, Truthout.org’s primary purpose for its existence on the Web – alongside their hatred for America and Israel – is to dump anti-Republican, Bush-hating rhetoric into their own private black hole on the Internet for anyone desperate enough to listen to their toxic pontifications.

What’s more, as a chartered member of the Blame-America-First, Bush-hating media cabal, Truthout.org is a treasonously feeble attempt to weaken America’s resolve in the war on terrorism, while trying to thwart the spread of democracy around the world through disinformation (much like CNN’s willingness to become Saddam Hussein’s mouthpiece, as it still pushes Communist-Marxist propaganda for Fidel Castro out of its Havana bureau) in its efforts to lovingly embrace, support and defend Communist regimes.

As an analysis, a quick glance at the articles posted on Truthout.org reveals its immediate goal: To politically assassinate the character of President Bush and his administration, and undermining the U.S. military, while providing aid and comfort to America’s enemies. Truthout.org’s anti-U.S., anti-war message speaks volumes about the traitorous corruption of those on the Far Left, who care more about defending murderous despots than protecting our country from them.

Truthout.org’s managing editor, William Rivers Pitt, a Far Left anti-Semite and pro-Palestinian sympathizer, has authored three leftist, enemy-appeasing tomes: Our Flag, Too: The Paradox of Patriotism, The Greatest Sedition is Silence and War on Iraq: What Team Bush Doesn’t Want You To Know.

The latter was written from an interview with Scott Ritter, a former Clinton administration weapons inspector – which is all the more telling. In fact, an Amazon.com book review of War on Iraq claimed Ritter “dismantles the myths” surrounding Saddam Hussein’s weapons systems, despite the fact that Dan Rather’s close friend had been given 12 years and 17 resolutions to come clean about his WMDs.

In the book, Pitt and Ritter desperately try to plead Hussein’s case and rationalize why that monster should still be in power – despite Pitt feigning glee that he was gone. Pitt and Ritter theorized that Hussein never actually posed a real threat to our national security, since he supposedly destroyed all of his WMDs. (This is yet another trait of the Far Left: Trusting a lying, murderous despot more than the U.S. military and its current commander-in-chief, who used the same exact arguments for taking out Hussein as did Bill Clinton, Al Gore, Ted Kennedy, John Kerry, Carl Levin, Nancy Pelosi, etc.)

Ritter admitted in a softball interview with Time magazine’s Massimo Calabresi (Sept. 14, 2002) that in 1998, while on a weapons inspections trip to Iraq, he deliberately turned a deaf ear to the blood-curdling cries of screaming children that Hussein and his two psychotic sons had locked up in their prisons and torture chambers.

In other words, Ritter claimed that he found absolutely no evidence of Hussein’s weapons systems in Iraq, but couldn’t bring himself to tell anyone that Hussein and his equally maniacal sons were torturing children before his very eyes and, like CNN, refused to report it!

Instead of stepping up and saying something about Hussein’s brutality, which mostly occurred on Bill Clinton’s watch, Ritter said nothing – possibly to protect Clinton from having to confront Hussein as Clinton claimed in 1998 before the entire nation that he would do.

Like Jordan, Ritter elected to play the enemy-appeasing Clintonite who apparently opted for “waging peace” with a murderous madman by gutlessly remaining silent.

“It was a horrific scene,” Ritter told Calabresi. “Actually I’m not going to describe what I saw there because what I saw was so horrible that it can be used by those who would want to promote war with Iraq, and right now I’m waging peace.”

But Ritter later confessed to hearing these children’s deafening screams as they threw cups and utensils out of the prison windows in a concerted cry for help. Again, like CNN’s Eason Jordan and his Baghdad correspondents and producers, who remained silent for 12 years about Saddam Hussein’s atrocities until April 2003, Ritter remained silent.

This would have been all the intelligence evidence Ritter needed to obtain for America to go to war with Hussein during the Clinton years, aside from the mass graves, plastic shredders and Uday Hussein’s murder plot against his two brothers in-law that also CNN’s Eason Jordan knew about but never reported. But, apparently, Pitt wasn’t too ashamed to collaborate with Ritter in writing their anti-U.S. manifesto as a manual to try to help America’s enemies continue to slaughter innocent people, while they remain in power.

TRUTHOUT.ORG MIRRORS TODAY’S OUT-OF-CONTROL “DEMOCRATIC” PARTY

Moreover, Truthout.org’s home page reads like a Democratic Party press release – offering no point-counterpoint analysis; no balanced news articles; no proper substantiation or source citation for the outrageous and scurrilous claims their embittered fellow Democrats have leveled against Bush and other Republicans; and no honest or open discussions with those of us who wish to refute Truthout.org’s dishonest and defamatory charges.

For instance, a brief scan of Truthout.org on Aug. 11 (2003) alone yielded the following articles and editorials, which express unconscionable angst towards America, Israel, Bush and our U.S. troops (who daily risk their lives to protect the freedom of speech that Pitt refuses to afford anyone else):

· Soldiers’ E-mails: Bring Us Home

· Family Shot Dead by Panicking U.S. Troops

· Basra Protests Continue for Second Day

· Terror Group Seen as Back Inside Iraq

· Powell’s Battle Cry Fails Test of Time

· Depiction of Threat Outgrew Supporting Evidence

· Pentagon Office Home to Neo-Con Network

· Protest Groups Planning for Republican Convention

In addition, Truthout.org’s Aug. 9 (2003) edition included an anti-Semitic article from the London newspaper, The Independent, headlined: “Israeli attacks on militants leave families homeless.”

Not surprising, these articles are submitted by none other than the Left-leaning “Democratic” Party house organs of the New York Times, the Washington Post, Reuters, the Associated Press, the Los Angeles Times, and the extremely Far Left, Salon.com and The Nation, which has supported Castro, Mao, Alger Hiss, Stalin and, like Truthout.org, continues to show sympathy towards Saddam Hussein and other enemies of the U.S.

It should also come as no surprise that Truthout.org uploads leftist propaganda from neo-Marxist Bill Moyers, as well as several anti-U.S. French newspapers and al-Jazeera, which is practically the sister network of CNN.

Rife with anti-American and anti-Semitic sentiment, Pitt’s columns are also featured on the leftist Web site, Palestinemonitor.org, and the politically partisan, Bushwatch.org.

In March 2003, Pitt wrote about former public defender Andrew O’Connor of Santa Fe, N.M., who was arrested for saying in an Internet chat room that “Bush is out of control.” According to Pitt, Secret Service agents later arrested O’Connor in a public library for threatening Bush.

Apparently, Pitt isn’t afraid of getting arrested or being investigated for his out-of-control anger for Bush either.

PITT IMPLODES IN BUSH-HATING EDITORIAL TIRADES

In typical leftist fashion, Pitt was practically hyperventilating as he inveighed in a follow-up column about O’Connor’s arrest:

“George Bush is out of control. I’ll say it again. George Bush is out of control. I’m waiting for the black government cars to come squealing up in front of my house, for the thump of the leather on my stairs, for the sound of knuckles on my door, for the feel of steel braceleting my wrists, for the smell of urine in some dank Federal holding cell as I listen to questions from men who no longer feel the constricting boundaries of constitutional law abutting their duties.”

On Aug. 10 (2003), Pitt was also the keynote speaker at the Veterans for Peace National Convention (in San Francisco), which is primarily made up of embittered Vietnam vets, who had bought into the viciously anti-American propaganda that Walter Cronkite, Dan Rather and other media minions were shoveling out.

In his opening address, Pitt described his father’s hardships when he “volunteered” for the Vietnam War in 1969 (as opposed to being drafted like everyone else back then. But as Pitt suggests, Bush is somehow twisting everyone’s arm to join today’s military).

Pitt went on to describe his father’s supposed disillusions about the reason for the Vietnam War, and then proceeded to go into the following Bush-hating tirade:

“If the American people fully knew what this war in Iraq was really about, if they fully knew what it means today to be a soldier in that part of the world, they would tear the White House apart brick by brick. If the people had but a taste of the horror and the lies, they would repudiate this administration and all it stands for. They don’t know, because they have been fed a glutton’s diet of misinformation and fraud. Changing that is why we are here…”

After listing a montage of alleged reasons for why Bush supposedly shouldn’t have gone to war with Iraq, Pitt cited a Washington Post article (big surprise!) titled, “U.S. Shifts Rhetoric On its Goals in Iraq.” (It’s important to point out here that the Post, along with the Times, has been stridently against taking military action in Iraq to topple Saddam Hussein. In fact, they have used their front pages to push their doomsday war predictions that, of course, in the end, were proven to be totally wrong.)

As usual, when those in the leftist media refuse to substantiate any allegations against the Bush administration with credible facts and sources, the Post, like the Times, resorts to quoting “unnamed sources,” as they did with “this (unnamed) aide” of Richard Perle, who became one of ‘60 Minutes’’ many media darlings when he openly criticized Bush and the war in Iraq.

“I bet you all the money in my wallet that this “source” was a man named Richard Perle (chairman of the Defense Policy Board, an advisory panel to the Pentagon) – who outlined the newest reasons for our war over there. “That goal is to see the spread of our values,” said this (unnamed) aide, “and to understand that our values and our security are inextricably linked.”

CLINTON PIVOTAL TO PITT’S WEAK POSITIONS ON IRAQ

What Pitt and other leftists fail to comprehend is that if Bush allegedly lied (which he didn’t), then so did Bill Clinton, who again feigned a commitment to war with Iraq in 1998, using the same arguments as Bush did. The only difference is Clinton never sought congressional approval to validate his Wag-the-Dog bombings; Bush already had the backbone to confront Hussein – and with congressional approval. But where was the outrage on the Left over Clinton’s Wag-the-Dog wars? Hollywood leftist Janeane Garafalo had hypocritically claimed that criticizing Clinton “wasn’t in style” at the time.

But exposing Clinton as the real liar at least should exonerate Bush from the Left’s many lies they’ve told about his administration and Iraq. (To read about Clinton’s use of WMD claims in Iraq, go to: http://www.nationalreview.com/levin/levin.asp.)

Another lie that Pitt perpetuated was the Bush administration purportedly nurtured a “neo-conservative” presence at the White House.

Building on the infamous “vast right-wing conspiracy” scare tactic the Left uses since they can never effectively nor intelligently debate the issues, Pitt posted an article by the Inter Press News Agency (IPS), which is a leftist “news” clearinghouse “recognized by the United Nations” and linked to several leftist groups who sponsor Third World countries.

According to ISP’s Jim Lobe, the Bush administration allegedly employs conservative think tanks to advice him on foreign policy issues. (Oh, there’s a shocker! Bush surrounds himself with like-minded individuals and all of the sudden that’s bad? But Clinton does the same thing for eight years with even more definitive plans for going to war with Iraq and no one on the Left cares, simply because Clinton isn’t a Republican?)

CLINTON USED LEFTIST GROUPS AS EXCUSE TO AVOID CONFRONTING SADDAM HUSSEIN, OSAMA BIN LADEN

While Bush does seek advice from fellow conservatives in the administration, Clinton, on the other hand, perused many ultra-leftist groups to apparently help him avoid military confrontations with Hussein and Osama bin Laden. But Bush, in turn, became Clinton’s fall guy when Clinton lacked the moral spine to start, let alone finish, the job in Iraq.

(It’s similar to Clinton denying his initial ties to Enron, Global Crossing, WorldCom, Tyson and a myriad of other corporate scandals that were birthed on Clinton’s watch, even though Bush has been unjustifiably taking the fall for those as well.)

As William Bacon of FrontPagemag.com (May 15, 2003) observed concerning the Clinton’s involvement in leftist organizations such as the Tides Foundation that have actually financed terrorist groups:

“Hillary Clinton spoke of a “right-wing conspiracy,” yet few people realize how large the neo-Communist Web is. The American people deserve to see the truth, for lack of the truth may yet set us in chains.”

Lobe also cited Iran (as if it’s a credible source) in a deliberate attempt to undermine Bush’s military successes, while ignoring Clinton’s culpability and dereliction of duty in not preventing terrorism when he passed up at least three opportunities to capture Osama bin Laden from 1995-2000.

“Iran recently said it was prepared to turn over five senior al-Qaeda figures, including the son of Osama bin Laden, who are currently in its custody if Washington permanently shuts down an Iraqi-based Iranian rebel group that is listed as a terrorist organization by the State Department,” Lobe wrote.

PITT THINKS ROGUE STATES MORE LEGITIMATE THAN U.S.

By posting these kinds of articles on Truthout.org, Pitt seems to be endorsing rogue states as legitimate news sources to be believed and supported.

What Pitt and his devoted readers fail to grasp is that by taking an extremely Far Left stance against Bush and this country, they’re doing exactly what they have falsely accused Bush of doing: hate-mongering, even though those on the Far Left are the most contemptible, incredulous, vile, vicious, mean-spirited, hate-filled, callous and miserable individuals to ever abuse the privileges of freedom of speech and press.

(Just visit Truthout.org and find out just how intellectually-challenged and venomous they really are.)

In short, Truthout.org is part of the anti-American vitriol of the Far Left that’s absolutely intolerable of conservative opinions, much less the free marketplace of ideas that even remotely deviate from their leftist agendas.

But if you’re a conservative Republican or your last name just happens to be “Bush,” in their leftist minds, you’re already considered Public Enemy #1, as Daniel J. Flynn pointed out in his book, “Why the Left Hates America: Exposing The Lies That Have Obscured Our Nation’s Greatness.”

“Clearly, it is the Left that represents the greatest threat to free speech in America today. At the same time progressives indignantly censor others, they confuse – deliberately, perhaps – any criticism of their program with censorship. It is the height of hypocrisy that people who exercise their free speech right to run down this country then cry censorship when they are criticized for their irresponsibility.”

What’s even more disturbing is Pitt was once a Boston high school teacher teaching English and (gulp!)… journalism. These young impressionable students were most likely subjected five days a week to Pitt’s Far Left ideology that more than likely permeated his syllabus, especially when writing about Bush’s foreign policies.

For example, although the TV series, Boston Public, is fictional, it nonetheless illustrates the oftentimes radically out-of-control views of teachers who have literally become surrogate parents who protest with their students and are being supported by equally subversive school administrators. Therefore, it would come as no big shock if Pitt expressed his Far Left rhetoric in his classroom.

PITT PREFERS TO “WAGE PEACE” WITH TERRORISTS

Moreover, Pitt bills himself as a “political analyst” for the Institute for Public Accuracy, a Far Left “think tank”; he’s also a member of the anti-war group, Veterans for Peace, whose motto is: “Veterans Working Together for Peace & Justice Through Non-violence. Wage Peace!”

So, in Pitt’s mind, savage killers like Saddam Hussein are not the ones promoting violence by slaughtering innocence people, but the U.S. is the “violent” one?

Such is the twisted mindset of anti-American leftists like Pitt, who has apparently – and consciously – chosen treason over truth.

In the end, Truthout.org is nothing more than a Marxist-Leninist, French-adoring, U.N.-worshipping, anti-U.S., Bush-hating virtual gripe fest for U.S. traitors. Those who frequent Truthout.org undoubtedly fuel their overt hatred for Bush with anti-American leftist propaganda, as Truthout.org masquerades itself as a bastion of news credibility.

Since Far Left Web sites like Truthout.org already know they have lost the debate in the free marketplace of ideas, they now have to take their anti-American crusade to the Internet: The only place where they feel the safest – and where they never have to be challenged face-to-face with any of their outrageously scurrilous claims.

After all, the Left wouldn’t be raising such a ruckus – much less, even care – if they didn’t feel so threatened by the New Media of Fox News, talk radio, and Matt Drudge, Newsmax.com, CNSNews.com and Worldnetdaily.com, who equally seek out their constitutionally protected right to be heard and expose the Left’s lies and distortions that the elite media always ignore.

LIKE CNN, TRUTHOUT.ORG CODDLES AMERICA’S ENEMIES

If Truthout.org genuinely wanted to “get the truth out” as they claim on their Web site, they would be exposing the lies and distortions of the Democratic Party, as well as America’s other enemies, instead of covering them up.

But why doesn’t Pitt post such straightforward news items about Democrats on his Web site – especially since he claims to want to “get the truth out”? It’s because Pitt seems to be completely incapable of being honest with himself, much less about anyone else.

What Truthout.org needs to understand is that truth involves getting at the whole truth – not just cherry-picking what they want to be the truth in order to fulfill a political purpose. It involves exposing all lies – not what they want to twist into lies.

If Truthout.org really desired to “get the truth out,” they’d stop promoting the blatant lies and fabrications of the Democratic Party – and al-Qaeda, start exposing them and stop distorting every single word Bush says.

But that’s not likely to happen anytime soon – especially considering the tantrums Pitt has thrown when confronted about his blatant lies about Bush, the U.S. military and America, of which Pitt has failed miserably to provide any intellectually honest response.

Copyright © 2003, 2005 by Doug Schmitz. All Rights Reserved.

-----------

This is the pathetic antiAmerican Leftwing fruitcake website you soak your brain in, Kathy.
Of the Pokatwat Tribe

The 89th Key
Member Avatar

In the words of Larry....

BWWWAAHHHHHHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA! :lol:

I guess if Kathy wants to go to a place that supports her argument...truthout is the place to go. :rolleyes:

Larry
Member Avatar
Mmmmmmm, pie!
Quote:

Ritter admitted in a softball interview with Time magazine’s Massimo Calabresi (Sept. 14, 2002) that in 1998, while on a weapons inspections trip to Iraq, he deliberately turned a deaf ear to the blood-curdling cries of screaming children that Hussein and his two psychotic sons had locked up in their prisons and torture chambers.

In other words, Ritter claimed that he found absolutely no evidence of Hussein’s weapons systems in Iraq, but couldn’t bring himself to tell anyone that Hussein and his equally maniacal sons were torturing children before his very eyes and, like CNN, refused to report it!

I just wanted to repeat this part for you Kathy, so you could think about it while you read your post blaming Americans for the little girl who got hit by shrapnel. Maybe, if you ever figure out that the people you get all your information from are propagandists, you'll be able to figure out that the shrapnel wouldn't have been an issue if there weren't TERRORISTS TOSSING BOMBS.....

Of the Pokatwat Tribe

kathyk
Member Avatar
Pisa-Carp
Where'd you lift that pathetic piece of propgandistic poop, Larry? The lies and distortions are too many to even address. At least when I post articles, I post the source. :rolleyes2:

And even if a single word of that piece of trash was to be believed, is still doesn't address my initial beef - i.e. you continue to claim that I get all my news from Moveon. Man, you are the king of disingenuity, arent' you?

Larry
Member Avatar
Mmmmmmm, pie!
Moveon, Truthout, either one - both are antiAmerican propaganda outlets catering to the idiot Left. You can call the article "poop" if you want to - it simply further proves your ignorance. It pegs Truthout for exactly what it is. And by your own admission, this is where you get all your information. It's easy to see why you're an antisemite, however. You just soak up whatever they tell you to believe, and you lack the intellectual curiosity to question what they tell you to believe.

In short, a brain dead leftist.

Of the Pokatwat Tribe

Horace
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
All this discussion and sharing of information going on for years between two intelligent people and you guys still don't agree? It's almost as if the human condition is fundamentally flawed.
As a good person, I implore you to do as I, a good person, do. Be good. Do NOT be bad. If you see bad, end bad. End it in yourself, and end it in others. By any means necessary, the good must conquer the bad. Good people know this. Do you know this? Are you good?

DivaDeb
HOLY CARP!!!
Horace
Nov 30 2005, 09:31 AM
All this discussion and sharing of information going on for years between two intelligent people and you guys still don't agree? It's almost as if the human condition is fundamentally flawed.

:wink:

kathyk
Member Avatar
Pisa-Carp
Editorial Note: Okay, I am officially done defending myself here or anywhere else from Larry's continuous onslaughts. I've made my point about Moveon and Truthout, and what's more, is it really doesn't matter. It's another one of Larry's assinine Conversational Terrorism attempts. I don't even have to appear in a thread, and he's blasting me with his twisted "truths." I am sick to death of seeing perfectly good threads getting derailed by such nonsense. So, go for it Larry. Demean, libel, slander, blaspheme away - sticks and stones, I'm stone and you're paper - you''re a pathetic pile of pixels and I am officially blotting you out of my consciousness; you no longer exist in my cyber world. Bye bye. :wave2:

Now, back to the thread. I actually took the trouble to download an updated version of Quicktime so I could view the ad. It's schmaltzy, I'll give you that. Is it biased? Yes. Is it propaganda? Well, I suppose you could say so - it's a political ad, trying to reach a wide audience to make a political point. I think the left has learned some valuable lessons on the power of propaganda from the Bushwhacks. (remember the Swift Boat ads?) Is it a scandalous lie? Hardly. It looks to me like the Truthout folks inadvertently took a photo of Brit troops rather than US troops (Giving the jazzed GI the benefit of the doubt). So, they probably realized their mistake and took the unfortunate step of putting pants on the Brit solider. Disingenous, perhaps, but hardly a distortion of the truth. After all, it would have been just as easy to get a nice shot of a good looking bunch of US troops messing out. It doesn't change the message - US troops are languishing in Iraq over the holiday season because of this crazy war.

I think what this guy was really jazzed over is that his wife posed for the ad. Boy, betcha she gets a good beating when he returns home. :rolleyes2:

Jolly
Member Avatar
The Truth is out there.
Inadvertantly?

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Just a few small points...

1. British uniforms are different.

2. British weapons are different.

3. British combat vehicles are different.

4. Bristish rank insignia are different.

5. British soldiers patrol a different section of Iraq, than do American troops.

6. British Tommys do not sound like they hail from Topeka.

In a blatant attempt to distort reality, the MoveOn guys screwed the pooch.

Of course, there is very little reality at MoveOn, anyway. At least you would think Soros would insist upon at least the good fake stuff.....
The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States.- George Soros

Larry
Member Avatar
Mmmmmmm, pie!
Quote:

It's another one of Larry's assinine Conversational Terrorism attempts. I don't even have to appear in a thread, and he's blasting me with his twisted "truths." I am sick to death of seeing perfectly good threads getting derailed by such nonsense.

Oh - you mean like the way you took your last potshot at me without me even having posted in *that* thread?

You're a hypocrite, Kathy. You can dish it out, but you can't take it. The only thing you've proven about Moveon and Truthout is that you can't think for yourself, and depend on radical Leftwing nutbob websites for your "news". You are "blotting me out" because I've just kicked your ass and you'd rather run than admit it.

Good.

Of the Pokatwat Tribe

Larry
Member Avatar
Mmmmmmm, pie!
Quote:

It doesn't change the message - US troops are languishing in Iraq over the holiday season because of this crazy war.

Unspeakable ignorance! I suppose you didn't see the news stories showing the massive feast the troops were fed on Thanksgiving day, huh? Sheesh....

Of the Pokatwat Tribe

kathyk
Member Avatar
Pisa-Carp
Jolly
Nov 30 2005, 10:00 AM
Inadvertantly?

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Just a few small points...

1. British uniforms are different.

2. British weapons are different.

3. British combat vehicles are different.

4. Bristish rank insignia are different.

5. British soldiers patrol a different section of Iraq, than do American troops.

6. British Tommys do not sound like they hail from Topeka.

In a blatant attempt to distort reality, the MoveOn guys screwed the pooch.

Of course, there is very little reality at MoveOn, anyway. At least you would think Soros would insist upon at least the good fake stuff.....

Hey, it was probably produced by a bunch of liberal, peace-loving weenies like me who can't tell a tommy from an Uzi.

Again, my point is, so what? Granted, it was a sloppy mistake, but it's not some attempt to cloud the truth.

Jolly
Member Avatar
The Truth is out there.
Truth is not sloppy.

Aqua Letifer
Member Avatar
ZOOOOOM!
Quote:

Where'd you lift that pathetic piece of propgandistic poop, Larry?

That's an awfully aggressive, astounding (and adequately alliterative) assertion, Kathyk!
I cite irreconcilable differences.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Larry
Member Avatar
Mmmmmmm, pie!
It is most definitely an attempt to cloud the truth. The point was to portray American soldiers, as you say, "languishing about on Thanksgiving". The point was to show those poor, mistreated US soldiers with no Thanksgiving to eat, no concern for them on a special day. The problem with that is that it is a bare assed lie, and the morons at Truthout used a forged picture of the wrong soldiers to support their lie. Then, fools come along and believe it.

Of the Pokatwat Tribe

kathyk
Member Avatar
Pisa-Carp
Aqua Letifer
Nov 30 2005, 10:19 AM
Quote:

Where'd you lift that pathetic piece of propgandistic poop, Larry?

That's an awfully aggressive, astounding (and adequately alliterative) assertion, Kathyk!

Why thank you. :smile: Yours is not so bad, either.

Axtremus
Member Avatar
HOLY CARP!!!
DivaDeb
Nov 30 2005, 01:36 PM
Horace
Nov 30 2005, 09:31 AM
All this discussion and sharing of information going on for years between two intelligent people and you guys still don't agree?  It's almost as if the human condition is fundamentally flawed.

:wink:

Of course, that comment would not apply to the Diva who is without flaw. ;)

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The New Coffee Room · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: