Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The New Coffee Room. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Flooding in New Orleans could reach lake level
Topic Started: Aug 30 2005, 09:32 AM (203 Views)
The 89th Key
Member Avatar

http://www.wwltv.com/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

plays88keys
Pisa-Carp
I've been watching events in NO and Miss. unfold on CNN. It's getting worse every minute.

I'm imagining the house in the Garden District where my great-grandmother was born, grew up and married, and where my grandfather was born, as being half underwater, or destroyed. :trumpet: :sad:

Poor Wynne -- I hope he and his mother are somewhere safe. She has problems with mobility and uses a walker. I wonder if they will have homes to return to?

We suffered through Isabel two years ago, so I do empathize with the misery -- lack of water, no power, no ice to be found, food spoiling all around you, trees everywhere, fires burning out of control because there was no power to run the city water pumps...I swore then that I would never again shrug off what happens in a hurricane that didn't affect me personally. My heart goes out to every citizen down there.
You can never get enough of what you don't need to make you happy.

apple
one of the angels
mine too... it's so sad
it behooves me to behold

« Previous Topic · The New Coffee Room · Next Topic »
Add Reply