Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The New Coffee Room. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The thread about nothing
Topic Started: Aug 27 2005, 10:01 PM (158 Views)
jgoo
Member Avatar
Administrator
I accidentally double posted my thread about ReactOS, so I'm editing this one to be the thread about nothing. :sombrero:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

phykell
Member Avatar
Senior Carp
A friend of mine commented that a fly is useless, they shouldn't share the earth with us and, "what's the point of them anyway". He then commented on the fact the fly was appearing to fly in a non-descript patterns, circling the lamp at the centre of the room, but with no apparent purpose.

I watched another fly this morning and thought that it's an incredible piece of engineering. For a start, it can fly! It's capable of independent thought, reactions, it can can reproduce, it's even capable of refinining itself through generations and evolving. There's a thousand other amazing things about it probably, but the most crucial one I suppose, is that we're not even nearly close at producing anything like it. I must tell my friend this :)
The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it's animals are treated. - Ghandhi

Evil cannot be conquered in the world. It can only be resisted within oneself.

Remember, bones heal and chicks dig scars

ivorythumper
Member Avatar
I am so adjective that I verb nouns!
I suspect that without the fly the whole food chain would collapse.

"God in his wisdom made the fly
And then forgot to tell us why"

--Ogden Nash
The dogma lives loudly within me.

« Previous Topic · The New Coffee Room · Next Topic »
Add Reply