The BBxRae Shrine
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The BBxRae Shrine: Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Ravagers; Discussion thread for the comic series
Topic Started: Apr 9 2012, 11:58 PM (3,970 Views)
dl316bh
Member Avatar

Honorary Members
Spoiler: click to toggle

• First issue of a new series spinning directly out of "THE CULLING!"• FAIRCHILD, brother and sister THUNDER and LIGHTNING, the monstrous RIDGE, BEAST BOY and TERRA are being pursued by ROSE WILSON and WARBLADE, who want them dead at any cost!• No one's survival is certain each month in THE RAVAGERS!

Color/B&W:
Color
Page Count:
U.S. Price:
On Sale Date:
May 30 2012

• Starring FAIRCHILD, THUNDER, LIGHTNING, RIDGE, BEAST BOY and TERRA!

• Trying to hide in the “real world” while on the run from N.O.W.H.E.R.E. and its agents proves difficult for teen metas who stand out in a crowd!

• If they’re going to survive, these young heroes had better be ready to fight!

Written by:
Howard Mackie
Art by:
Ian Churchill
Norm Rapmund
Cover by:
Ian Churchill
Norm Rapmund
Color/B&W:
Color
Page Count:
U.S. Price:
On Sale Date:
Jun 13 2012

Spoiler: click to toggle

• BROTHER BLOOD is here to destroy your heroes!
• BEAST BOY and TERRA continue to feel the ramifications of THE CULLING!

Written by:
Howard Mackie
Art by:
Ian Churchill
Norm Rapmund
Cover by:
Ian Churchill
Norm Rapmund
Color/B&W:
Color
Page Count:
On Sale Date:
Jul 11 2012[/center]

General discussion thread for the Ravagers series. Post new solicitations, thoughts, reviews and so on here.
Posted Image

Damiens Omens: My review blog

My Facebook
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KingoftheBeasts
Member Avatar
Lieutenant Commander
I'll head out to the comic store and read the first few issues. Hopefully I will like and actually like it. I love that Ian is doing the art on this, he did the beast Beast Boy to date, shame he's red...

I'll do my best to give this title a fair chance, I just have a horrible suspicion that Gar is going to be dramatically different for it.

It would be neat if he became the "would-be" leader but that will probably fall to Fairchild.

Also interested in Humongousaur, er, I mean Ridge.

GhettoMac
Member Avatar
Marshal
Quote:

Also interested in Humongousaur, er, I mean Ridge.

DAMN, that thing's got big feet.

Quote:

• BROTHER BLOOD is here to destroy your heroes!
• BEAST BOY and TERRA continue to feel the ramifications of THE CULLING!

Thought that was Blood. Finally, we get something Raven-related.

Hmmm, it maybe too early to tell, but I'm beating that this Culling might be something similar to the Judas Contract in terms of this Terra's morality.
My Deviant Account

Lizard-Man
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
Editorial Staff
So wait, Rose is the bad guy and probably not even gonna be a regular in the series?

Ugh, well so much for that.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Support the Kickstarter for "Lovecraft: Fear of the Unkown - New Blu Edition"

Sig by C18G, thanks a bundle

GhettoMac
Member Avatar
Marshal
Lizard-Man
Apr 10 2012, 01:57 PM
So wait, Rose is the bad guy and probably not even gonna be a regular in the series?

For now, maybe.

I mean, that's basically how she kinda started out before, didn't she? I don't know, I think it's a matter of whether or not she gets in touch with her dad that might set her on a similar path.
My Deviant Account

KingoftheBeasts
Member Avatar
Lieutenant Commander
Quote:

Thought that was Blood. Finally, we get something Raven-related.

We can't be certain that this Blood will have anything to do with Raven. It was John's run of TT that revealed that the Church or Blood was actually linked to Trigon. As that run no longer exists, the Church of Blood may be completely separate from Raven and her origins. Also from the hints given, Raven will have more to do with Pandora and Zealot than anyone else. And it seems her involvement will be more universe wide during her intro rather than located in just a Titan book.

Quote:

Probably not. Most likely it will start with her as the "forced antagonist". She will follow orders and pursue her marks, but then as she see them fleeing she will start to doubt her right to capture them. Then something will spark the first death (my money is on Terra) and Rose will decide that enough is enough, defect and either join or lead the group into liberating other distressed meta's.

GhettoMac
Member Avatar
Marshal
KingoftheBeasts
Apr 11 2012, 07:27 AM
We can't be certain that this Blood will have anything to do with Raven. It was John's run of TT that revealed that the Church or Blood was actually linked to Trigon. As that run no longer exists, the Church of Blood may be completely separate from Raven and her origins. Also from the hints given, Raven will have more to do with Pandora and Zealot than anyone else. And it seems her involvement will be more universe wide during her intro rather than located in just a Titan book.

What hints, exactly? Cause all I'm getting is that Pandora and Raven look somewhat alike. The only thing I remember Raven in Flashpoint was her involvement in Secret Seven.

Plus, there have been recent sketches showing the new designs for the other 52 characters. People are pretty set on the third pic being Raven.
My Deviant Account

Lizard-Man
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
Editorial Staff
Possible, but it seems like a very dramatic change. Although considering the crappy outfits we've seen on the Titans I wouldn't be surprised.
Posted Image

Posted Image

GhettoMac
Member Avatar
Marshal
Lizard-Man
Apr 12 2012, 02:24 AM
Possible, but it seems like a very dramatic change. Although considering the crappy outfits we've seen on the Titans I wouldn't be surprised.

Even so, ya gotta admit, it's not as 90's looking as the others.

It took me a while to see behind the whole bird-theme to see something of a resemblance. That is, if it is her.
My Deviant Account

KingoftheBeasts
Member Avatar
Lieutenant Commander
Quote:

What hints, exactly? Cause all I'm getting is that Pandora and Raven look somewhat alike. The only thing I remember Raven in Flashpoint was her involvement in Secret Seven.

Well, first off, Lodell stated that he wanted to use Raven in his version of Teen Titans, but he was denied by the DC uppers who had bigger plans for Raven.

Second, there was a viral teaser campaign about who and what Pandora is...

Who is Pandora?

The link is from comicvine.com, but it's a really good summary of the things surrounding Pandora. Most of not to us in one of the quotes from the viral teasers "Raven and Zealot are at the ready, as are the soldiers they command. All in my name. All for Pandora."

Quote:

Plus, there have been recent sketches showing the new designs for the other 52 characters. People are pretty set on the third pic being Raven.

I've seen that picture too, and I will admit that it wouldn't be completely out of the ballpark if it turned out it was Raven. However, I don't think it will be her. Not just because I don't want it to be her (unless it is her temporarily evil) but also because that character looks an awful lot like the character "Harvest" seen on one of the covers for the upcoming Teen Titans. So, Raven or not, those two characters are definitely related. Then again, Harvest could be one of the members of Raven's alleged army. Only time will tell, all we can do is hope for the best...

GhettoMac
Member Avatar
Marshal
KingoftheBeasts
Apr 15 2012, 02:06 AM
The link is from comicvine.com, but it's a really good summary of the things surrounding Pandora. Most of not to us in one of the quotes from the viral teasers "Raven and Zealot are at the ready, as are the soldiers they command. All in my name. All for Pandora."

*sigh*

Well, as glad as I am for Raven having a bigger role in the DCU, I think it pretty much confirms that anything Raven was before the relaunch ain't coming back.
My Deviant Account

Kookoo-nut
Member Avatar
Corporal
Holly ****! this picture is creepy. i hope (!) this is not Raven. because if it is... this character, whoever\whatever it is (*please don't be Raven, please don't be Raven..*) looks like this guy from digimon and a dementor's unborn child. the horror! Posted Image
Posted Image

so the entire era of Johns's run is just erased?? man........... we can't even know if anything will last from this ship.

ahh, those good ol' days when i was worried about Felicia's awful storyline....
EDIT: lol?! i have to add this: :celtroll:
SORRY FOR ANY POSSIBLE GRAMMAR or SPELLING MISTAKES! (English is not my mother tongue). :P

dl316bh
Member Avatar

Honorary Members
Kookoo-nut
Apr 15 2012, 11:46 AM
so the entire era of Johns's run is just erased?? man........... we can't even know if anything will last from this ship

It's gone, yeah. We're not sure how much of the past Teen Titans works have been kept in continuity. It's all very vague. At this point I'm mostly ignoring the Teen Titans sector until something more my style happens. I love the looks of most of the rest of the New 52, so I don't like to think about the Teen Titans much to keep from bringing myself down.

As for the ship, who knows. Johns run may be gone from continuity, but that doesn't mean they were never together or the like. The 80's/90's Justice League International run is wiped from continuity as well, yet the romance that started there between Guy Gardner and Ice remains a factor (as seen in the New 52 Justice League International) even if we don't know the history between them anymore.

Time will tell.
Posted Image

My Facebook

Lizard-Man
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
Editorial Staff
Even if it is technically wiped it doesn't matter. The stories are still collected, we can still read them, it's not like they're "gone forever" and we got some nice closure to it all before the relaunch.

I guess at this point I just don't really care that much cause I've come to terms with the fact this isn't going away and we got what we wanted in the end before things changed forever.

So Raven is different and Beast Boy is Red, that doesn't change irrevocably what happened in the past and no matter what they can't take that away from us. Even a continuity scrub can't take that away from us. So I'm fine with it. Maybe not thrilled, but I'm fine.

Like DL I'm lukewarm on the Titans books. Just can't seem to care one way or the other. I'm gonna wait until something more appealing comes along. Until then I have Frankenstein, Jonah Hex and Nazis fighting with Dinosaurs to tide me over.
Posted Image

Posted Image

dl316bh
Member Avatar

Honorary Members
That's what I'm saying, yeah. No matter what, our Gar and Rae got a happy ending where they went off together. That doesn't change. Me? Considering the multiverse, I suspect the post-Crisis world we know best lives on as one of the alternate Earths anyways.

So for this iteration of the Titans, I'm just sitting and waiting until it gets to the point where it's good and not so frickin' 90's.

Besides that, like Guy and Ice, there's no telling if some measure of the relationship survived. Who knows. Time will be the only thing that tells us.
Posted Image

My Facebook

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Teen Titans · Next Topic »
Add Reply