The BBxRae Shrine
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The BBxRae Shrine: Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Jason's Rad Guide to Writing Teen Titans Fanfics!; brand-new!
Topic Started: Sep 14 2005, 08:24 PM (401 Views)
Jason
Member Avatar
Commander
This is probably one of my funniest works yet. It will be updated on a regular basis, so keep checking back. Thanks dudes and dudettes. :wub:

Note: fanfiction.net is evil and deleted my guide saying it was not a story...LIES! :cry: So, now, I must directly post them. Sorry. ^^

Welcome to Jason Cristerna’s Unbelievably Rad Guide to Writing Teen Titans Fan Fiction!
This guide will cover everything you need to know about successfully creating an excellent fan fiction that will have your FF buddies fuming with envy! If you need a few pointers, this guide is for you. If you’re here to brush up on some skills, this guide is for you. So, without further ado, let us venture into the magical world of…fiction!

Lesson One: Getting the Party Started

So, here you are, sitting at your computer with Word opened up. What to do, what to do…
You could write a thousand-page essay on the meaning of barbeque sauce, or you could enter of the world of the Teen Titans, creating your very own world of plots, settings, and God knows what else you want to throw in. There are a few things you must do before using those polish sausages you call fingers…

Tip #1: Create a plot to work off of.

Yeah, you could use the typical “RavenxBB-or-RobinxStar-talk-for-a-while-then-fall-madly-in-love” routine…BORING! Why not get creative, and try something original?

For instance:
Beast Boy is invited on the Martha Stewart show and cooks a turkey. Martha Stewart talks about her jail time and Beast Boy commits suicide because he is bored to death.

See where I’m going with this? It’s called fiction for a reason- anything goes. You could make Cyborg work at an adult toy factory…you can make Raven join the cheerleading squad…it’s all up to you, and how far your IMAGINATION will take you. I stress the importance of an imagination- it’s a beautiful thing, people.

Tip #2: Tone sets the mood for the entire story.

Alright, we all know what labels are. Society has given one to all of us, whether we like it or not. That’s the time when you have to work it.
You can make all of the Titans emo… be aware that it will lead to major pity parties and self-injury.
Example: “My Happy Meal didn’t have a toy in it!” Raven sobbed, cutting herself with a butter knife.

So you want a happy, crazy tone? Be ready for major OOC (out of character)ness and possible loss of sanity and sense in your story.
Example: Robin jumped on a plane to Paris and threatened to take over the citizens of France with a couple pieces of beef jerky.

You see? The tone is very hard to change in the middle of the story, and if you do change it, you can probably kiss your elite fan fiction status adios.

Mini-Tip: Listen to music as you write.
It may or may not help you, but it helps me personally. If I’m writing a comedy, I throw out my “Ska and Comedy Rock Playlist”. Just groove and let the lovin’ take a hold. Yeah, I got that from Sublime. So sue me… no, don’t.

Tip #3: The world is your golden platter; take advantage of setting.

So now you’ve got a plot, and a tone for your story, so what’s next? Location. Location is everything for your story, because it will influence the way your story develops.
If you stick the Titans in Iraq, they’ll probably be dodging bombs and yodeling terrorists. If you put them in Hollywood, they’ll probably wring each other’s necks with jealously and give up crime fighting because they’re too lazy to do anything else. What I’m saying is, be careful where you put them in the story- it means the difference between an awesome fan fiction and an OK one.

Next lesson: character development, vocabulary and a FFer’s worst nightmare: writer’s block! Dun Dun Dun!

Thanks for reads and reviews! <3
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

girl_from_azarath
Member Avatar
Knight Champion
"Example: “My Happy Meal didn’t have a toy in it!” Raven sobbed, cutting herself with a butter knife."

LMAO!
:rofl:

Heehee. Very funny!
Posted Image
Thank you CraZy for the signature and avvie. :]<3

Jason
Member Avatar
Commander
LOL, thanks. ^^

I thought it would add some humor to that part.

RavenAzarath
Member Avatar
Knight Champion
That was...HILARIOUS!! ROFL!! Robin jumping on a plane to France and threatening them with beef jerky? That's a good idea, may I use it? (j/k :rofl: )
Posted Image
- - I <3 Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex - -
[siggy by the wonderful craZy18gurl <3]

Jason
Member Avatar
Commander
Haha, go for it. :wink:

JakMakai
Member Avatar
TBRS Radio DJ
They deleted it?

Geez, what do they do, read EVERY story?

Nice tips. I LOVE originality(which is why i've been spending 2 months on my fan fic. Finally half way through chapter 3. 7 Pages so far)

(a little off topic, i'm sorry)

Jason
Member Avatar
Commander
Geez, I guess so. I think they were way too harsh in deleting it; plus, they are not letting me upload documents for "a period of time". So stupid. :angry:

Thanks for calling my story original. It's what I strive for. :wink:

girl_from_azarath
Member Avatar
Knight Champion
I can't believe they deleted it. -_- :mad:
Posted Image
Thank you CraZy for the signature and avvie. :]<3

raven23
Member Avatar
Sergeant
Fan Fiction.net is nice. Fan Fiction.net's staff is pure evil. (No offense to anyone here who is a staff member at FF.net, even though that's unlikely.)

That was really cool. It has quite a few useful tips in it. This is exactly what I've been looking for to help me out with my own writing. Please update soon.
Posted Image
My Teen Titans Forum--Jump City.com
Avatar and signature made by Potassium.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Fan-Fics · Next Topic »
Add Reply