Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Get Connected! (A V7 Relationship Thread)
Topic Started: Dec 22 2017, 09:28 PM (359 Views)
Catche Jagger
Member Avatar
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
Hi! These are the character concepts that I have for V7. I all of them will work out/seem interesting!

Alex Kempinski - Standing at 6'3 with broad shoulders and a strong frame, Alex's interest in football comes as a surprise to few. However, after an injury put him out of action early in his junior season, Alex found himself unable to get his spark for competition back, ultimately failing to make the team in his final year. Since then, Alex has found himself instead taking part in stage crew for his high school's drama club, an activity that he was surprised to find himself enjoying. He finds enjoyment in the theatricality and production of theater, but finds that his gruff and conservative outlook doesn't mesh well with many others who share his interest. He still hangs out with some guys from the team, but has found those relationships strained as his connection to the team grows more and more distant.

Alex's father is obsessed with the idea of being a "real man" despite his cushy job in the city, and takes his son out on hunting trips with a fair bit of regularity. Alex would be lying if he said that he didn't find the hunt exciting, and will often bring up his exploits if he's in a gloating mood. In terms of religious affiliation, Alex was raised Baptist and still identifies with the faith, but he considers himself to be a “casual Christian.” He does, however, have homophobic tendencies, viewing romantic or sexual affection between two men as “gross.”

Current Relationships

Looking for: Old friends from his football days, friends and acquaintances from drama club, people to party with, girlfriends/ex-girlfriends, people he knows from church, enemies (either motivated by his political views or his somewhat insensitive nature)

Colin McCabe - From a young age, Colin was raised separately by his two combative patents. His father constantly pressing for Colin to become tougher while his mother pushed for him to buck the trends that society had set out for him to follow. In the end, he wound up pissed off at both of them, along with most of the world for the unreasonable expectations set up for him.

Standing at 5’10 and in pretty decent shape, Colin doesn’t take part in any sports in school, taking part in judo training outside of school. He does take part in anime club, as anime is one of his greatest passions in live, though his combative and egotistical nature has earned him few friends among his club mates. Colin also runs a prolific Wordpress blog, where he frequently espouses his views on life and his favorite Japanese cartoons. Colin also identifies as asexual, though this primarily stems from his perception that romantic or sexual attraction are a form of weakness.

Current Relationships

Looking for: Only a handful of friends (either from a young age or who share his interest in anime or martial arts), plenty of enemies/people he might hold a grudge against (Colin is not an easy person to get along with), people to smoke with.

Thomas Buckley - Originally from New England, Thomas used to be be an academic superstar, taking part in lots of “gifted” classes. Shortly before reaching high school, his father was invited to come to Chattanooga to take part in a great business opportunity. After a fair bit of consideration, the Buckley family packed up and moved out. However, shortly after the move was completed, plans fell apart and the family ended up worse off than before. As high school progressed, Thomas began to suffer from depression, and with it came a decline in grades causing a fair bit of tension with his mother who had always pushed for those gifted classes.

Thomas is fairly tall, standing at 6’2, but is fairly uncoordinated, keeping him out of much athletic competition. He has instead found enjoyment in acting in drama club and playing video games. He has progressed a lot socially in high school, but he still struggles to with intimacy, despite his desire for a girlfriend.

Current Relationships

Looking for: Friends and acquaintances from Drama Club, friends and acquaintances from Gaming Club, old friends from his days on academic teams, crush(es), possible enemies

Sapphire Waters - There are two things that people tend to notice about Sapphire are her cheesy-sounding name (the doing of her flighty, troubled mother) and the distinct bags under her eyes. Sapphire stands at 5’8, pale, and thin, seeming ready to blow away with the next strong wind. She was raised primarily by her grandparents due to her absent father and the womanchild status of her mother and has taken on some of the more superstitious beliefs of her grandmother, leaving her with a strong interests in subjects such as horoscopes, numerology, and the occult.

Sapphire suffers from insomnia and chronic nightmares, which have played into her highly anxious tendencies. Though she has interest in politics and activism, her tendency to become frazzled and explain complex ideas poorly has led to her not getting involved with activism in school. Instead, she has spent much of her extra-curricular time as a member of the Art Club.

Current Relationships

Looking for: Friends and acquaintances from Art Club, friends with a shared interest in numerology/horoscopes/the occult, friends who have a shared interest in politics and activism, boyfriend/exes, enemies (either spurred by politics, her interest in weird topics, or her generally frazzled and flighty nature)
Edited by Catche Jagger, Dec 25 2017, 11:12 AM.
V7 Characters
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ryuki
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Ned is also in anime club, so Colin has probably met him. Ned wouldn't exactly like him for his egotism, but he'd try tolerate Colin and get along with him.

Ned is also a member of drama club, so he'd probably interact with Alex and Thomas through that.

Ned would likely be nice to Alex, but since Ned has a few LGBT friends, he and Alex would have opposing views on accepting/tolerating them. They are also both Baptists, but Ned's family visits the church not too often, so they could have seen each other there.

I could see Thomas and Ned bond over video games. If he ever needs cheering up, Ned could try to make him laugh with his voice acting. Also, if Thomas needs help with his grades, he can see Yuki for tutoring.

Yuki could take interest in horoscopes and numerology and ask Sapphire about it. She could use the info for her fantasy writing.
Edited by Ryuki, Dec 22 2017, 10:10 PM.
Art

Character Concepts

Catche Jagger
Member Avatar
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
Ryuki
Dec 22 2017, 10:02 PM
Ned is also in anime club, so Colin has probably met him. Ned wouldn't exactly like him for his egotism, but he'd try tolerate Colin and get along with him.

Ned is also a member of drama club, so he'd probably interact with Alex and Thomas through that.

Ned would likely be nice to Alex, but since Ned has a few LGBT friends, he and Alex would have opposing views on accepting/tolerating them. They are also both Baptists, but Ned's family visits the church not too often, so they could have seen each other there.

I could see Thomas and Ned bond over video games. If he ever needs cheering up, Ned could try to make him laugh with his voice acting. Also, if Thomas needs help with his grades, he can see Yuki for tutoring.

Yuki could take interest in horoscopes and numerology and ask Sapphire about it. She could use the info for her fantasy writing.
I can definitely see Ned and Thomas getting along, and probably being friends! It's worth noting that when I reference depression for Thomas, I mean, like, clinical depression. It's not like he's sad all the time, it's a bit more complicated than that. He also wouldn't truly need a tutor, since the poor grades stem from a lack of motivation to do work, rather than an inability to do it

His relationship with Colin would probably be dependent on his ability to deal with Colin's constant, pushy demands about his own complete understanding of anime and other such topics. Colin also has a propensity to be "edgy" in the way he likes to act and make jokes.

He could probably have a positive relationship with Alex, but it would depend on how important Ned's politics were to him.

Sapphire would love to talk more thoroughly about her knowledge of horoscopes numerology, and the occult, regardless of the context haha
V7 Characters

I'm a Cactus
Member Avatar
do you want to go to war, balakay?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
So Alex:

Connor would undoubtedly know him from his football days, and is probably one of those friendships he's still at least attempting to cultivate, since he's got the rich parents and the big house and whatnot. Plus if his father has a cushy job, I could see the parents being friends.

Brock and Alex are probably friends, as Brock will sometimes help out with the stage stuff as well. Brock's very much a follower and isn't super bright though, so not sure how Alex would feel about that.

Not sure if any of my kids would know Colin.

Thomas:

I could definitely see him being friends with both Morgan and Ross. Probably closer to Ross, even though Morgan's in the drama club, his attendance sucks and I'd bet that would probably annoy Thomas. Ross is just a laid-back, chill guy who's really smart so I could definitely see them being pretty good friends.

Sapphire:

I can see Claudeson keeping his distance as he's been raised with strict religious beliefs, but since he's privately questioning a few of them, I bet he's probably stared her down from afar a few times, or like, been within earshot out of curiousity if she's ever talking about some of her more "out-there" beliefs or interests.

Morgan's asked pretty much everyone out, so do with that what you will. I doubt anything would have happened there since she's relatively anxious and he's a class-clown/dork type.

Could see her and Ross being friendly - he'll talk to anyone and since school bores him a bit, he's always down to hear about interesting new subjects.
---
The Future

The Past

Meanwhile...

TheLordOfAwesome
Member Avatar
Survivor
[ *  * ]
Alex: Would know Lucas from the Drama Club, especially since he also works with the backstage crew. Lucas might have an issue with some of Alex's views, but I can't see him disliking him to much and would probably try to drag him into helping his films. Sierra though would definitely not like him, because conservatives (especially homophobic conservatives) and her go together as well as cats and water thanks in part to her on going problems with her parents.

Thomas: Like with Alex, would know Lucas from Drama and would like he shanghai'd into helping Lucas' film projects. Since Lucas is a ladies man, I can see him trying to help Thomas with his intimacy problems if he were to ask.

Sapphire: "Hey girl, how you?" -Lucas Abernathy. So yeah, my skirt-chasing son would probably take a shot at her at some point her. He has an interest in spooky stuff and art so he'll have a bit of an interest in her hobbies.
V7 Charcters

SansaSaver
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Hey! Your concepts are cool, so here’s my kids too! Let's mash 'em together~

Alex: Tristan's a member of Drama Club too, and though he's primarily an actor he also has some experience with behind-the-scenes aspects of it as well. I think he'd appreciate Alex's legitimate interest in the club, but the two would also likely fall into conflict because Tristan is pansexual and very open about his sexual/romantic attraction to boys.

He and Dorothea could have a loose connection due to their faith - though Dorothea's coming into minor conflict over her beliefs due to her brother coming out to her. I think this could lead to some interesting conversation between the two!

Colin: I can't really see anything for Colin with any of my kids, but if have any ideas, do let me know!

Thomas: I think Tristan and Thomas could be good friends! Neither are Chatanooga natives (with Tristan having moved from Christchurch in 2011), and have keen passion towards acting. Tristan's also been struggling academically, despite having been a high-achiever in his youth. If Thomas is into the party scene as well, I think Tristan and him would spend a lotta time together!

Dorothea is also interested in video games, though she's a touch caustic and quite a strong academic, so I'm unsure how close the two might be!

Sapphire: Ariana is also a member of Art Club and has a strong passion towards politics/activism (though she's a lot more vocal about it)! So the two could definitely bond through that. Ariana can be quite like a big sister, and she'd definitely try and look after Sapphire if she was looking particularly frazzled or tired.
Version Seven:
Tristan O’Hara
Dorothea Rodriguez
Ariana Simpson

Past Characters:

Catche Jagger
Member Avatar
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
Don't know how to multi quote on ZetaBoards, so I'm just going to hit all three of these with one reply.

@Cactus:

Connor and Alex being in a somewhat strained friendship sounds perfect. The two of them having been tight back in Alex's football days, and they still try to hang out despite having fewer and fewer chances and opportunities to do so, perhaps?

I doubt Alex would have a high opinion of Brock, thinking that he's kind of flimsy and lacking convictions. However, he'd still probably be fine with hanging out with him, particularly in a group setting.

Ross and Thomas being friends definitely sounds good to me!

Morgan having asked out Sapphire out makes sense, though she's probably think he's a bit too immature, despite being intreagued by the offer, being attracted by his strong personality. Still, the answer would be no.

Sapphire having another person to share her wealth of knowledge with is always welcome!

@TheLordofAwesome

Lucas and Alex being friendly acquaintances who work together on occasion would work out well

Would Sierra and Alex have any reason to associate with and therefore clash with one another?

Lucas and Thomas would probably hang out and would take advice if Lucas offered it, but he'd be hesitant to outright ask for it.

Sapphire getting approached by Lucas could work too, since she'd think he was pretty cool, but she'd also think of him as a pretty big player if he's asking out all those other women.

@SansaSaver

Yeah, even if Tristan appreciated Alex's honest interest in theater, Alex would at the very least be uncomfortable in Tristan's presence if not outright cold in their interactions.

Tristan and Thomas could be friends through club and such, but he's not much of a partier, not drinking and preferring smaller gatherings of friends.

The closeness of Thomas and Dorothea closeness might depend on your meaning of strong academic. Does she value knowledge and intelligence, or work ethic, goals, and present ability. Thomas still holds onto the former, while the latter is what has really tanked his grades in the recent past. In terms of the caustic stuff, Thomas has come from a family where it's considered important to have a thick skin, so that might help, or even lead him to appreciate her more.

Ariana sounds like she'd be a great big sister type figure for Sapphire!

Seems like Colin's the odd-man out here. Makes sense considering he's a bit of an asshole.
V7 Characters

TheLordOfAwesome
Member Avatar
Survivor
[ *  * ]
Catche Jagger
Dec 23 2017, 02:03 PM
@TheLordofAwesome

Lucas and Alex being friendly acquaintances who work together on occasion would work out well

Would Sierra and Alex have any reason to associate with and therefore clash with one another?

Lucas and Thomas would probably hang out and would take advice if Lucas offered it, but he'd be hesitant to outright ask for it.

Sapphire getting approached by Lucas could work too, since she'd think he was pretty cool, but she'd also think of him as a pretty big player if he's asking out all those other women.
Sierra has a few buddies in the drama club, so it is possible that their overall interactions with one another are limited to whenever Sierra shows up to support her friends. Outside of that I don't see them interacting to much. So she might not hate him, but she would dislike him.

Would Sapphire date Lucas if he were to ask her out? Or would they just reject him because of his reputation of going through girlfriends like copy paper?
Edited by TheLordOfAwesome, Dec 23 2017, 02:38 PM.
V7 Charcters

backslash
Member Avatar
Who is this sassy lost child
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I think Sapphire could get along with both Dolly and Astor based on her interest in the occult and activism, respectively. Dolly is also somebody who suffers from sleep issues, so maybe they could commiserate over that sometime.

Colin and Mercy may have crossed paths outside of school since she's just taken up martial arts training, though her focus is on MMA.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Characters

Others

Catche Jagger
Member Avatar
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
@TheLordofAwesome

Okay, just wanted to check

She might have dated him briefly, but it probably didn't last long, since she would've been waiting for the other shoe to drop the entire time.

@backslash

Sapphire being close with Dolly and Astor sounds like it'd definitely work well. She definitely needs more occultist friends!

I think it'd be good for Colin and Mercy to have come across one another outside of school. He'd probably have developed a bit of respect for her if he managed to see her fight, no matter how brief the encounter might have been.
V7 Characters

SansaSaver
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Wooo! That all works for me! :D

Re: Dorothea's academic prowess: for the most part, her excelling at schoolwork is basically just as a stepping stone in her life goals -- getting good grades will help get her into a good college, which would get her out of the town -- rather than a legitimate passion for general academia. She is interested in accumulating knowledge, but that's mostly centred around learning gossip about the social circles around school. So it depends on how Thomas would feel about all that!
Version Seven:
Tristan O’Hara
Dorothea Rodriguez
Ariana Simpson

Past Characters:

Catche Jagger
Member Avatar
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
SansaSaver
Dec 23 2017, 07:06 PM
Wooo! That all works for me! :D

Re: Dorothea's academic prowess: for the most part, her excelling at schoolwork is basically just as a stepping stone in her life goals -- getting good grades will help get her into a good college, which would get her out of the town -- rather than a legitimate passion for general academia. She is interested in accumulating knowledge, but that's mostly centred around learning gossip about the social circles around school. So it depends on how Thomas would feel about all that!
Well, Thomas certainly wouldn't resent her for that. If anything, he'd admire her ability to have goals and be so motivated in seeing them through, since part of what feeds his depression is his inability to focus up and find what seems to be a viable path in life. It's quite possible that he might develop a bit of a short-sighted crush on her, thinking she's really cool
Edited by Catche Jagger, Dec 23 2017, 08:09 PM.
V7 Characters

Katie
Member Avatar
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
Leslie would know Alex and Thomas from drama. She'd probably be at least friendly acquaintances with Thomas, though Alex she might not like due to his homophobia.
relationship thread

Lore's third favorite lesbian

Catche Jagger
Member Avatar
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
Katie
Dec 23 2017, 07:52 PM
Leslie would know Alex and Thomas from drama. She'd probably be at least friendly acquaintances with Thomas, though Alex she might not like due to his homophobia.
Makes sense. Do you think she and Alex might become openly hostile?
V7 Characters

Katie
Member Avatar
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
Catche Jagger
Dec 23 2017, 08:10 PM
Katie
Dec 23 2017, 07:52 PM
Makes sense. Do you think she and Alex might become openly hostile?
Not unless he's homophobic towards lesbians as well. Otherwise she'd likely keep that opinion to herself.
relationship thread

Lore's third favorite lesbian

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · V7 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply