Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Mafia Game Thread; It's right there in the title, this could get weird.
Topic Started: Dec 2 2017, 02:26 AM (11,851 Views)
Ruggahissy
Member Avatar
i'm not upset
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I tried to stop him. You all saw. The vampire apocalypse isn’t on my head
things
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Zetsumodernista
Member Avatar
escaping the real world to face reality
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
i know im only supposed to get one bah post but it felt like the universe would be fundamentally incomplete if i didn't come in to scream in impotent rage after MW's gloat

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

WIFPFISEWFFOIWJFK:FDKJSIFJSKDJCSIFJAJWIJDWQOIEQJWIQJD DAMN YOU MW DAMN YOU DAMN YOU DAMN YOU

SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

*breaks open the door*

*smashes the door on MW's head*

*watches as the door breaks harmlessly over MW's skull*

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Spoiler: click to toggle
Edited by MK Kilmarnock, Dec 10 2017, 01:50 PM.
dear god dear god tinkle tinkle hoy

G056: Asuka Takahara: The one who can out-pretentious them all.
- Memories: 1
- Pregame: 1
- V6: 1-2

Zetsumodernista
Member Avatar
escaping the real world to face reality
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
whoops sorry
dear god dear god tinkle tinkle hoy

G056: Asuka Takahara: The one who can out-pretentious them all.
- Memories: 1
- Pregame: 1
- V6: 1-2

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
You've been counting stars, now you're counting on me
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image

Am I doing this right?

So, by now it's pretty clear that my entire case yesterday was hogwash. I basically argued from a standpoint assuming that Zetsu was scum while knowing he wasn't, and tried to bait a claim with the specific goal of counter-claiming and dropping the whole "What do i gain by counter-claiming?" line. This was because I had to get him lynched specifically and opportunity was knocking plus I was a bit afraid he might get NKed. I'm immune to everything now (well, to death at least) so that may provide certain utility if we happen to have busdrivers, hiders, etc. I guess I can be roleblocked or whatever but I have no action so it's moot. If anyone desperately wants to waste actions verifying, be my guest.

I threw a lot of shade at RC yesterday but that was acting (because I had to keep up the line that Zetsu was scum until the hammer). In the context of his being town and my being third party, RC's play makes absolutely no sense for scum; he got into the thick of it and tried to parse the nonsense even before I counter-claimed (I believe his claim to that effect, despite statements otherwise yesterday). I trust him fairly solidly.

I also thought Dodd's hesitation spoke well for him. There were a few misunderstandings/slips that again don't make sense as scum. Why? Because yesterday was handed to scum on a silver platter: two people not on their team tunnel-fighting with strong odds of both getting whacked.

Espi's play strikes me as extremely town. Without daychat, his actions don't fit his scum MO at all. He came in confidently and stayed engaged in a push he pretty much started, even when it drew some scrutiny. At the same time, the push was misaimed (which he'd've known as scum).

These are thus my three biggest town reads: RC, Dodd, Espi. Based on everything, I think we can assume a 2-3 person scum team; 4 would be crazy unless town is super stacked given the presence of a lyncher aimed at town.

More thoughts to follow at some point.
V7:
Juliette Sargent drawn by Mimi and Ryuki
Alton Gerow drawn by Mimi
Lavender Ripley drawn by Mimi
Phillip Olivares drawn by Ryuki
Library Vee
Misty Browder

Fenris
Member Avatar
head shot (drank)
[ *  *  *  * ]
tbh my thoughts that got RUDELY INTERRUPTED BY HAMMERING was that i still felt like zetsu was probs town and i didnt really feel like MW was scum counterclaim aside and i was willing to go thru w/ the zetsu lynch because it was the first day and a bad lynch is usually better than no lynch but tbh i wasnt expecting it to go well so like when the results came up first i was like I WAS RIGHT and then i was like wait shit

neway other thoughts: my guess mainly based on the size of the game and the fact only one person died is that there's no SK and that there is possibly a vig, but if there is one they arent compulsive. tho its possible the maf tried to kill MW and the vig took out frogue i guess
"Well, Fenris, the King of Gossip. We meet again."
v7 kids

the future

Ruggahissy
Member Avatar
i'm not upset
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I think Paige is town. For the mafia, it wouldn't matter which one we took out, Zetsu or Toben. It's gravy to them either way to kill a non mafia person. The easiest thing would have been to just lynch Zetsu but by going with Toben, it causes doubt and ups the chances of not having a lynch by not having the votes or running out of time. Paige was on board with the rational that would have saved out watcher, but also would have meant an increased chance of a no-lynch which mafia wouldn't have wanted.
things

Slam
Member Avatar
Mr. Danya
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm going to hypothesise that there is a vigilante in the game, as it wouldn't make a lot of sense for scum to hit Frogue. They were staying pretty much on the fringe of things and probably would've made a valid suspicion target; hammering Zetsu suddenly was very much setting themselves up as someone to dig into today.

On that note, vig please be more cautious with who you go shooting at. I know we all like to use our powers every night, but wild shots kill doctors.
V7 Freunde
Hey look I have a relationship thread

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die

Ruggahissy
Member Avatar
i'm not upset
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I also agree in regards to RC and Dodd. Will have to go back and re-read for Espi.
things

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Fenris
Dec 10 2017, 02:11 PM
neway other thoughts: my guess mainly based on the size of the game and the fact only one person died is that there's no SK and that there is possibly a vig, but if there is one they arent compulsive. tho its possible the maf tried to kill MW and the vig took out frogue i guess
Also possible Frogue protected someone.

re: no-lynch, no-lynch is actually fairly good for scum because they get to drag it out another phase. Scum's ideal play last phase in terms of wasting town time was to kill whoever was telling the truth first, then see the liar survive the night to be lynched the next day (wasting two phases on not-scum). If that could be comboed with a stall, that'd make three day phases down the drain, leaving the game (barring outside intervention) presumably at nine alive of which three are scum--a great spot for scum as a single mislynch would leave town with zero breathing room.

Fenris' post gives me slight sketchy vibes but I need to reread and see if my thoughts hold up there.
V7:
Library Vee
Misty Browder

Slam
Member Avatar
Mr. Danya
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Not to play devil's advocate but we have absolutely zero evidence that Tobe won't decide to help scum win for shits and giggles (I know I would).
V7 Freunde

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Slam
Dec 10 2017, 03:12 PM
Not to play devil's advocate but we have absolutely zero evidence that Tobe won't decide to help scum win for shits and giggles (I know I would).
Oh yeah, totally possible if I end up feeling that way. Beware making me the tiebreaker vote if I think scum are playing really well.

That said, right now town's more interesting because there's more to solve. Hurting town is just a matter of spinning nonsense (which will get quickly ignored) and, I dunno, quickhammering/tiebreaking; if folks don't trust me they can just ignore everything I do and I might as well not bother posting. Hunting scum, on the other hand, involves the usual stuff I come to mafia for: arguing, figuring stuff out, poking through patterns of behavior, etc. It gives me a reason to keep clicking this thread. Thus, that's what I've picked for the foreseeable future.
V7:
Library Vee
Misty Browder

Slam
Member Avatar
Mr. Danya
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
It's not that I don't trust you it's just that you keep hurting me when I do.
V7 Freunde

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die

Slam
Member Avatar
Mr. Danya
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Though in this instance the hurt was more that I overlooked the lyncher angle than me being wrong about you.
V7 Freunde

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die

TwelveFourtyFive
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Okay, I think Slam's logical conclusion of a vigilante having killed frogue is so optimistic and crazy, that I believe that he is town. I think mafia killed him.

Either way, Toben being a tree now is a good thing, because numbers is what count on mylo and lylo. Though I disagree with his standpoint of helping the town being more fun than screwing everything up, he seems trustworthy for now. An unkillable role? That's pretty sweet.

I'm a Cactus
Member Avatar
do you want to go to war, balakay?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Interesting.

Everything is very interesting.

I hesitate to think that the mafia killed frogue, as being as frogue was the hammer, it makes sense that they'd want to leave him alive to stir up dissention and place suspicion on him.

My guess is it's a mistake vig-kill, makes a lot more sense than mafia. Whomever the vig is, please try to be more careful. :|

As far as mafia, can they get blocked at night, or just choose not to kill someone. Is there advantage for them not to kill anyone or are we thinking they got blocked somehow?
---
The Future

The Past

Meanwhile...
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Mafia · Next Topic »
Add Reply