Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Play With Me
Topic Started: Oct 26 2017, 02:12 AM (531 Views)
Mimi
Member Avatar
are you upset?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'll pinky promise I'll be better and more active. I just wanna do a good job :unsure:

AVIVA 'VIVI' HOLLINGSHEAD:
Vivi is a dreamer with a wild imagination; a star child hippie life guide with a love of anything magical, mystical, or wondrous. She follows her heart fully and without question, if she wants to do something or feels compelled to do something, it's done with nary a thought of consequence or danger. She's the girl you see laying in a field just to be one with nature, or the girl with the sleeve of constellations doodled up her arm, or the girl who carries around a bag of googly-eyes to place on inanimate objects for her own amusement.

Vivi is a romantic at heart and chases excitement, whether it's a new relationship or an experience, she wants to do it all and experience everything. She feels strongly, be it the grass between her toes, the passion of a new love, or the thrill of dancing in the middle of the street at midnight, fearing nothing and nobody. She's the type to do anything once. Maybe twice if she's on the fence. Often, she can be found day dreaming and crafting stories in her head. She's a complete extrovert and loves to meet and discover new people with new stories, but she's not one to be caged. Unfortunately, she's rather sheltered from the cruel reality of the world and hasn't had to overcome any trauma in life, which has led her to be overly trusting and naive.

Vivi goes where the wind takes her and doesn't stick around long, for the most part. Once a relationship stagnates, she moves on to the next exciting thing or place or person. She doesn't like being bored or sedentary and wants to constantly experience new things. She's a jack of all trades, master of none, with her hands in many different pots.

Her interests include anything astrology related, auras, nature, tarot reading, essential oils, painting, drawing, and macrame. She's a recreational drug user, though not reliant and only natural things like pot and mushrooms, though she has a leaning toward hallucinogenics.

Looking for:
- Casual friends that will put up with her flightiness, she's probably a good fit for stoners or other dreamers. She's all about good vibes all the time though, so she's likely not the best person to go to with real issues.
- Exes, flings, significant other(s). Vivi's a free spirit and has likely left a trail of past loves behind be it male, female, poly. She loves hard and fast before burning out.
- People who likely think she's weird or are off-put by her.
- Anyone who wants to take advantage of her trusting nature.
- Down for any kind of weird ideas you may have!

BETHANY 'BETH' CALDERON:
Beth is everyone's big sister; if you manage to win her trust, anyway. She's the one you call when you need help at 1am or the one who you can count on to have a tampon just in case. An old soul, she's lived a life and a half as the eldest of five siblings that she provides for in place of a mother who spends much of the day hung over and the majority of the night out and about.. Though reliable and level-headed, it's clear stress has worked her over and she often seems like she could break at any moment.

Beth is a realist, first and foremost, not the type to lament her situation, but instead deal with it and try to better it any way she knows how. She's a hard-worker and seems to be constantly on the go and hustling. She's held down a full time job since she was 15 and lied about her age, along with school and being a caretaker. While she has a tendency to be slightly serious, her very close friends know how to make her loosen up and enjoy life rather than just surviving it. Not many win her friendship, but those that do know how truly loyal she is.

Beth tends to see things in shades of gray, there's not really right or wrong aside from obvious exceptions, just what the situation calls for. She's not opposed to bending a few rules if it doesn't harm anyone or land her in prison. Despite that, she's a pretty rational person and understands consequences and thinks things through. She's typically pretty no-nonsense and doesn't have time for petty drama, though if you're a close friend she will hear you out before telling you that you're being silly and putting things into perspective.

She doesn't have time for school clubs or organized sports between her work, school, and her home life, but she's been known to enjoy pick up games of basketball to decompress, though she's not super competitive about it.

Looking for:
- Close friends. She'd have a couple acquaintances here and there from work or the like, but she's much more a quality over quantity type of person and prefers close friends that she can share memories and dreams with. She's not really a party animal and prefers more mature types of people.
- Maybe an ex or two? She doesn't really have time to date, nor does she really desire it, but she'd probably be on good terms with anyone she dated.
- I don't imagine many people would have strong hatred toward her because she's pretty mellow, but she's from a very lower middle class background and some may view her certain ways because of it.
- Once again, very open to any ideas or relationships anyone may think of!

THIRDO THE THIRD:
She'll go here once I flesh her out more.
Edited by Mimi, Oct 26 2017, 02:19 AM.

Posted Image

I◄◄
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ruggahissy
Member Avatar
i'm not upset
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I've already agreed to provide Jonah as fellow hard working, bad mom friend and Laurie as horrible cold porridge puddle to dislike Aviva.
things

Somersault
Member Avatar
i'm a boss ass bitch (bitch bitch)
[ *  * ]
I mean, I could definitely see Janie and Beth being quite good friends, as they've both been put in similar family situations, and are both similarly stressed out about life. I could see Janie offering to help take care of Beth's younger siblings if she has the time, and perhaps Beth is one of the few people Janie will really open up to, rather than just interacting with on a fairly surface-level basis.

Perhaps Adele and Vivi could be sort-of casual friends, although Adele probably wouldn't know what to make of Vivi's flightiness. They'd get along fairly well, though.
here's my v7 planning thread or whatever
C-H-A-T-T-A-N-O-O-G-A

V7 HERE WE COME

Concepts

Art Thangs

Let Them Fly Free

Malloon
Member Avatar
Survivor
[ *  * ]
I could see Beth and Chloe getting along well. Both are hard workers with a no-nonsense attitude, but with a a very kind center. Chloe is perhaps a little more a romantic, but still only for things she sees as attainable.
V6 Character:
Benjamin "Squirrel" Lichter [ ~ / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / > ] - You'll find him in the clouds.
V7 Characters:
Chloe Bruges [ - ] - You'll find her doing math.
Joseph "Joey" Quintero - You'll find him writing speaches.
Keith Rogers - You'll find him out with his gang.

In the unlikely event you want to use my characters...

TheLordOfAwesome
Member Avatar
Survivor
[ *  * ]
Vivi: I could see her and Lucas having gone out for a time, and I can see them getting along just fine afterwards. Maybe she'd want to get involved in his movie projects? A relationship between her and Sierra would be interesting. Sierra is rather cynical, but is rather nice to those who've gotten to know her. Maybe they've bonded over their mutual love of nature and drawing? I can see them possibly being friends, with Sierra being the kind of friend who'd watch out for Vivi to ensure no one takes advantage of her. Plus I love the idea of cynical and non-cynical people being friends.

Beth: Lucas has probably flirted with her at some point, so maybe they've gone out if only for a short while? Lucas is the kinda of guy who doesn't put much passion into thing unless he is really interested in it (like, say, talking about movies, art, or his projects) and he has a bit of a drinking problem, so maybe Beth wouldn't consider him all that mature but would probably be on decent terms since he's a pretty relaxed guy. Beth probably wouldn't think all that much of Sierra, since Sierra does things like parties and other activities to piss her parents off. That probably doesn't fit Beth's definition of "mature". On the other hand, maybe they got to know each other at some point, perhaps before Sierra started acting out against her parent, and they are still friends despite Sierra change in demeanor or perhaps that caused them to become distant.

In any case, those are my ideas. Tell me what ya think! :D
V7 Charcters

dmboogie
Member Avatar
A Delicate Machine
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I think Chris would've had a pretty intense crush on Vivi before ultimately asking her out - sincerity is one of the things she values most, and Vivi just like, oozes genuineness. They'd probably work incredibly well together for like, a few months; but Chris is opinionated and passionate enough about the state of the world that I think it'd lead to conflict that ultimately resulted in the end of the relationship, assuming Vivi didn't just burn out before then.

Chris'd still be nice to her in passing, but'd have enough mixed feelings that I don't think they'd really be friends anymore.

Lemme know if this fits with you!!!!

Also Abe is a weirdo stoner bro so I think he'd also get along well with Vivi, though he's significantly more sour than she is.
a tribute for the dead and dying

Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

backslash
Member Avatar
Who is this sassy lost child
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Depending on Vivi's interactions with more reserved people and tolerance for general morbidity, I think she and Dolly could get along. Dolly would appreciate Vivi's general vibe and her interests. If she's in the art club, she probably has crossed paths with Mercy, but Mercy isn't such a good vibes person and they're probably not friends. Myles probably isn't about it and I don't think Andy or Astor would be much on her radar.

Beth would probably dislike Myles because she's against petty drama and petty drama is his middle name. She might be friendly with Astor in passing, and I doubt she'd have time for most of my other kids.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Characters

Others

Fenris
Member Avatar
head shot (drank)
[ *  *  *  * ]
(pounds table) new kids new kids new kids

Vivi: its been so long since ive given the Dante Spiel but: dante has hit on Every Girl at least once. he's a good boy and backs off immediately after being told no and also isnt into sex or serious relationships so he's pretty harmless but like every girl would know him at least tangentially, even if their only interaction was to tell him to fuck off. all that said i actually think him and vivi could get along real well as friends? maybe they went on a couple of dates but i imagine it wouldn't be intense of a thing enough to sustain her attention, but as friends dante's super chill and definitely the will-try-anything-once type! they'd have fun i think.

i have... No idea what Ivy would make of her. like i wanna say she'd take advantage of her because she's the type but i'm not sure how or why she would so it might just be a "idk she's fucking weird" from her. Nia likes hanging around unusual people and people with unusual interests so she can learn new things, but she's personally pretty staid and idk if/when they'd necessarily interact. tarot and astrology are things nia finds interesting at the moment, but she's only really interested in them intellectually. Artem would just be pretty blown away by her energy and creativity and he probably had a crush on her at some point before realizing that she's clearly way too happy for him. Axel wouldn't be on her radar at all i don't think

Beth: gestures at Dante again. i'd guess she just turned him down and they probably haven't interacted since? i'm sure she has no patience for Ivy and the feeling is mutual. Ian would get along well with her if they interacted, i feel. don't think any of my other kids have anything!

sorry for writing a novel lemme know whatcha think
"Well, Fenris, the King of Gossip. We meet again."
v7 kids

the future

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I think all three of my kids would love Thirdo!
V6 Tributes

Spoilers, Ricky didn't win V5

Things We Say

Ryuki
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
What kind of job does Beth have? Ned works at a Walmart, so maybe they could be coworkers. He'd be nice enough to get along with and express his dream of becoming a voice actor to her.

Zach could take advantage of Vivi's naivety to prank her. Yuki would be interested in learning about auras and tarot readings for her fantasy writing.
Art

Character Concepts

Mimi
Member Avatar
are you upset?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
@Juanitahissy:
** Beth and Jonah shall be the sweetest, warmest mom & dad George Hunter High has ever seen.
** Also, Vivi would be super into Laurie's glitter uggs.

@Somer:

**Beth would very much appreciate any help with the rugrats, but I think she'd be a little embarrassed to bring Janie to her house and have her see her living situation. I love the idea of them being close though! Maybe Janie has to set an example/really wants out of the house and works at Jonah's parent's Soul Food restaurant with her? I feel like Beth is also the type to encourage Janie's piano playing, but try and steer her toward more realistic careers.
** Vivi would definitely hang out with Adele if they were to see one another at a party and would be more than happy to talk with her, she'd not that big of a reader though because it takes too much time and dedication, so I feel like she'd be a little mystified by Adele's patience.

@Malloon:
**Beth and Chloe would probably be decently close, but I feel like Beth would feel a little insecure around her or really idolize how pulled together her life seems, so she might have a little bit of a wall up towards her. Maybe they were closer in the past, but once Chloe started getting her life in gear and Beth stayed more or less in the same position they grew apart?

@Lord:
** Vivi and Lucas seem like two peas! I imagine their split was pretty amicable and they're totally fine being in one another's presence without any strong lingering feelings (though I imagine Vivi stills loves each and every one of her exes for being part of her life). She'd definitely be inspired by his passion and love and while they were dating may have been some sort of muse for him, maybe with the two bouncing ideas back and forth between one another in fits of creativity. She'd be enamored by the idea of being in a movie, but is probably better off as a background character due to her lack of dedication (though she'd definitely create her own backstory and motive for 'Gasping Woman') As for Sierra, she's very accepting towards all people, but I feel like Sierra's cynicism would confuse her more than anything and she'd spend much of their interactions trying to get her to cheer up. It'd be sweet if Sierra was some kind've silent bodyguard for her though, trying to keep away the bad influences even if Vivi wouldn't be able to differentiate.

** I like the idea that Beth and Lucas dated. I feel like maybe his drinking would remind her of her mom and she'd try to fix him since she can't fix her mom, but would eventually tire of his dependence and move on. Maybe there's still some tension there? She wants to be able to help him, but she may have written him off and things could still be awkward between them. Or maybe he was still flirting around while they were dating? Beth isn't super jealous, but she's not one to deal with nonsense like that. Sierra and her could've been friends when they were younger and could still exchange the typical pleasantries, but I feel like life took them different ways. Beth ended up having to take care of her family and probably would consider Sierra kind've petty for going out of her way to piss hers off.

@Boogie:

** Already talked to you about Chris, but Vivi has also dated Forrest for a very brief moment in time, so Abe could have some kinda feelings about that? They might be friends tangentially but I feel like he'd be more amused by her behavior than any actual interest in her as a person!

@Backslash:
** Vivi would be fascinated by Dolly, she's a fan of anything unique and anything that stands out in a crowd and that's very Dolly, though she'd be a little confused because lolita looks super uncomfortable to wear. They can do tarot together and Dolly would just have to nod and smile while Vivi explains just how real and legit it is and why the stars decide their destiny. She'd likely buy some of Dolly's etsy baubles!

** Auntie Beth would not give Myles the time of day and would advise many of her friends not to be bothered by anything he says, because a reaction is what gets him off. And she definitely saw Astor tagging something and has no time for that, she has bigger things on her plate.

@Fenris:
** Vivi and Dante could appreciate the beauty of humans together! She's definitely the type to bring other people into her shennanery, though, and has probably dragged him into a couple late night lake swims and such because everything is more fun with a buddy! Ivy and Vivi probably aren't even on one another's radar, Vivi likely gets a bad vibe from her and would steer clear, while Vivi's complete unabashed tendency to be completely herself regardless would make Ivy's bullying pointless because it wouldn't effect her. I could see her being tangentially friendly with Nia, but I feel like Nia would get all she needed from Vivi in just one hang out and likely wouldn't seek out her friendship. Vivi's very personable and friendly and she might try and get Artem out of his shell? He could maybe have a crush on her from afar, but I don't he'd flirt with her, so she'd be unaware of it.

** Beth would be considerate of his feelings, but would politely decline Dante. Maybe if she had time, but, she doesn't. All her sorries, though. I actually think her and Ian are a decent fit, though she'd want him to break out from under the Sports Bros thumbs. I don't think they'd be super close, but she would make sure to say hello to him and talk to him any time they saw one another!

@Ricky:

Eat a weiner. Thirdo is a transfer loner who has no friends.

@Ryuki
** Vivi the spirit guide is happy to help anyone down the rabbit hole of spirituality, as long as she gets to play at least one game of D&D with her before she got bored. And only if she can come in costume.
** Beth is a server at Ruggahissy's kid's family's restaurant! I can't actually see Ned's profile because idk my google account 8D, but if he's friendly with her, she'll be friendly back!

Posted Image

I◄◄

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Mains Shaggy Verde
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Asante would probably admire Vivi's quirky nature and antics from afar, but would probably keep it that way on purpose, since he'd feel they're on opposite ends of the same spectrum. On the other hand, my girl Mitzi would have been attracted to Vivi for much of the same reasons, and would have enjoyed sharing their creativity. If they had dated, I imagine they would have broken up since Mitzi would actually prefer a longer, less spontaneous relationship, which came down to a conflict of interest.
V7 relationship thread! Say hi to my kids!
Super Spoiler God Super Spoiler

TheLordOfAwesome
Member Avatar
Survivor
[ *  * ]
Mimi
Oct 30 2017, 12:25 AM
@Lord:
** Vivi and Lucas seem like two peas! I imagine their split was pretty amicable and they're totally fine being in one another's presence without any strong lingering feelings (though I imagine Vivi stills loves each and every one of her exes for being part of her life). She'd definitely be inspired by his passion and love and while they were dating may have been some sort of muse for him, maybe with the two bouncing ideas back and forth between one another in fits of creativity. She'd be enamored by the idea of being in a movie, but is probably better off as a background character due to her lack of dedication (though she'd definitely create her own backstory and motive for 'Gasping Woman') As for Sierra, she's very accepting towards all people, but I feel like Sierra's cynicism would confuse her more than anything and she'd spend much of their interactions trying to get her to cheer up. It'd be sweet if Sierra was some kind've silent bodyguard for her though, trying to keep away the bad influences even if Vivi wouldn't be able to differentiate.

** I like the idea that Beth and Lucas dated. I feel like maybe his drinking would remind her of her mom and she'd try to fix him since she can't fix her mom, but would eventually tire of his dependence and move on. Maybe there's still some tension there? She wants to be able to help him, but she may have written him off and things could still be awkward between them. Or maybe he was still flirting around while they were dating? Beth isn't super jealous, but she's not one to deal with nonsense like that. Sierra and her could've been friends when they were younger and could still exchange the typical pleasantries, but I feel like life took them different ways. Beth ended up having to take care of her family and probably would consider Sierra kind've petty for going out of her way to piss hers off.
All sounds good to me! I think the reason that Lucas and Beth split should be because of his drinking. I like the idea that they got together because Beth genuinely wanted to help him, but his unwillingness to shake his addict was what ultimately ended their relationship.
V7 Charcters

Somersault
Member Avatar
i'm a boss ass bitch (bitch bitch)
[ *  * ]
Yeah, that sounds good! Janie and Beth could totally be coworkers!
here's my v7 planning thread or whatever
C-H-A-T-T-A-N-O-O-G-A

V7 HERE WE COME

Concepts

Art Thangs

Let Them Fly Free

Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Only ideas for Vivi, after restraining my more stupid and unnecessary ideas:
- Beryl. The two of them really seem like they'd be kindred spirits, engaging in the same essentially fae hobbies. I could see them having a sort of close in a way relationship where they both understand they'll drift apart and inherently come back together as both of their interests meander all over the place and lead them where they will. They'd both have infinite weird ideas and stories to fling at each other I'm sure. Each has at least one avant garde sketch of the other stuffed away somewhere.
- Charelle and Vivi could have had a brief fling over some herb and post party glow, shrug? And they don't really bother to keep up with one another after the fact. Maybe Charelle sometimes mooches Vivi's weed stash? Charelle would be the sort to passively take advantage of people, if that's to your taste.
V7

V6 - Like you imagined when you... were young...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · V7 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply