Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
You Expected a New Topic But It Was Me, MW's V7 Relationship Planning Thread; All out of funny names, but might edit one in later?
Topic Started: Oct 23 2017, 06:24 PM (1,036 Views)
Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Mains Shaggy Verde
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
All sounds good to me, and your idea with Alton is noted!
V7 relationship thread! Say hi to my kids!
Super Spoiler God Super Spoiler
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
You've been counting stars, now you're counting on me
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Alton likes having a good time with good people
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Thought I'd posted this but didn't. ><

Malloon: Sounds good re: competition, and also interactions outside the scope of the election. As to how Juliette sees him/how aware of his nature she is, I think that'll depend on how everything plays out if/when they're in the same place; I tend to sorta take it as it comes with that sort of deal for the best natural reactions.
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley

Brackie
Member Avatar
i love him, i love him, i love him, i love him
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Mikki Swift is the serious kind of musician and sometimes refers to herself as that (by which she means she's going to move to LA once school is finished and suck up to music producers in order to get an internship) so she is not that big a fan of ICP - however, she admires Phillip's passion for them and while she's not particularly the type who would hang out with him outside of class or the odd lunchtime, she would definitely take time out of her day to listen to him speak about ICP since he's very knowledgeable about it.

(a quick glance at your other kids doesn't reveal any other connections I can think of between yours and mine but if you can think of anything them hmu)
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I can't sing but I wrote you a song

Wrong notes but the melody's so clear

When I'm lost, I'm still close to gold

cause I found my treasure in you

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Library would like to just slide under the radar
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Whoops! Phillip would love to talk at with Mikki about ICP.
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley

Ryuki
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
I'm fairly certain Yuki would take an interest in playing Go, as well as Library's philosophy and art.
Art

Character Concepts
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Katie
Member Avatar
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
So what are the sexual orientations of your characters? I recall you saying on the discord that you'd try to be more on top of giving your characters sexual orientations for v7, but none of them have theirs listed here. :P
relationship thread

Lore's third favorite lesbian

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The callout!
Posted Image
SotF: Mini - SCdoes a-rolling! - PV3 Prologue ongoing!
Draw Thread! - Pathfinder! - Writing Thread!

Adequate summary of my personality
V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

TheLordOfAwesome
Member Avatar
Survivor
[ *  * ]
Juliette & Lavender: Lucas would have flirted/asked them out at some point. Boy loves his ladies. So he could have dated either of them at some point if they are receptive of his flirtation. Lucas tries to be on good terms with his exes, so I imagine they'd still be friends after the relationship ends. Of course, Lucas is in need of a girlfriend for pregame, so if you need one of them to have a boyfriend I am willing to provide Lucas to fill that role.

Juliette: Could be friends with Sierra. Maybe she saw Sierra being her cold distant self and tried to get to know her to help cheer her up. Sierra tends to warm up to people who stick around and get to know her. Or maybe Sierra pushed her away with her attitude.

Alton: Would know Sierra from the George Hunter party scene, and would probably get along pretty well since she loves to chum it up with scoundrel types. Maybe exes? Also, Lucas is a chill enough guy and would probably be cool with him. Also, he'd have Alton get him booze to fuel his adolescent alcoholism.

Library: Lucas enjoys viewing art and discussing it intelligently, so maybe they can be art buddies/acquaintances?

Those are my ideas, let me know what ya think.
V7 Charcters

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Katie
Dec 16 2017, 10:20 AM
So what are the sexual orientations of your characters? I recall you saying on the discord that you'd try to be more on top of giving your characters sexual orientations for v7, but none of them have theirs listed here. :P
They're in the spoilered full profiles, mostly!

Juliette

Juliette has dated a number of boys with varying degrees of seriousness, though has some fairly major anxieties and hang-ups regarding relationships due to her parents' situation. She also realized during middle school that she's bisexual, but has not shared this with anyone or explored it in any material way. While Juliette's own parental figures are all largely apolitical and she suspects they would be accepting, she's concerned about the reactions of others in her community and is also concerned about the potential implications for her ambitions. As such, while she's not totally happy about it, she's more or less content to present herself as straight.

Alton

Alton considers himself heterosexual, but is also unbothered enough by the subject and confident enough in himself to jokingly flirt with other men as well—something else that has rubbed others the wrong way from time to time.

Lavender

Lavender has dated a number of boys—while she's strictly heterosexual herself, she's an ally to LGBTQ students and views their struggle as just another side of the overall civil rights movement.

Still need to figure out Library and Phillip, though, so fair cop there. ><

@Lord: I could see room for Juliette and/or Lavender to have dated Lucas in the past--Juliette's probably a lot less receptive to the horror thing and the alcohol thing so I can't see anything there lasting too long, though could definitely be a couple dates and then a fizzle.

Juliette isn't necessarily on the same page as Sierra in terms of style/vibe, but also tries to be on good terms with everyone and likely wouldn't be turned off were it clear there isn't direct malice going on from the other girl's side; I could see room for an odd, opposites-attract friendship.

Alton would totally be down to be a good-terms ex of Sierra's and to help orchestrate the flow of alcohol into Lucas.

Library would be totally down to chat art with Lucas, and Goya would be a very interesting subject for discussion; there's a certain degree of sympathy Library can feel for his changing style as the Black Paintings came into being.
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley

TheLordOfAwesome
Member Avatar
Survivor
[ *  * ]
Sounds all good to me! I'm cool with Sierra and Juliette having some sort of odd couple friendship. 'Cause I absolutely love it when people who you wouldn't expect to be friends turn out to be friends. :3
V7 Charcters

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Sounds great to me. Replying for more than just bumping this thread, definitely.

Also, Ryuki: I'm so sorry I failed to reply. Library would love to do Go and chat with Yuki. Might get a bit weirded by her sibling situation, though.
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley

Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I believe!! In adding even more posts to your relationship thread!! So here are some specific ideas I had on look through!!

Juliette -
Gyu-ri : Gyu-ri's reputation for being bellicose might have drawn Juliette's friendly ambitions at some point? Gyu-ri probably wouldn't respond particularly well to Juliette if she tried to be a friendly/helpful presence, but she'd otherwise have nothing in particular against her. The two could also have something to talk about in terms of veteran's issues and politics, like in the local navy office and such, such things might have come up on Juliette's radar and Gyu-ri would make a good soundboard for discussion/debate. Also, as a source of gossip. So roughly approximating as slightly unfriendly acquaintances.
Joanne : Both being popularish activist types, albeit in different lanes, they might be casually friendly. Joanne of course comes off as none-too bright so their conversations can only go so far, but Juliette's probably won Joanne's tentative support as a school politician.

Alton -
Charelle : Still rooting for us to formalize that these two had a party-based fling in the context of your super secret thread plans and ideas and stuff!
Beryl : He'd probably appreciate her as a friend for her brand of friendly oddity, given his current relationships (like Dante and Sierra) she seems like the type who could give him an interesting story and adventure or two roaming around town and doing weird stuff. Might have met in math club or the like. He could also casually manipulate her into being useful in science classes they might share, essentially no effort involved since she's easy to push around.
Joanne : Likewise met around the party scene. She's good at knowing the best spots to eat at around town, so she might be part of his roaming squad on the periphery or such. She might need him as a source of her alcohol. Maybe she nurses a bit of an active crush on him as of Pregame?

Lavender -
Joanne : Kindred spirits politically so Lavender definitely earned Joanne's sympathy and respect. Probably just general good will exists here and not too much in the way of specific friendship, their circles seem far enough split apart.
Beryl : More of an out of school relationship in that they probably meet on the shooting range fairly often! Beryl and her guardian are both known to be outspokenly gun control types so they might be a bit frosty but they can probably do a little bit of friendly rivalry while there are targets in front of them and such.

Library -
Beryl : Yoga and stuff! He actually seems to have a similar sort of spiritual pick-and-choose style that Beryl has, so I definitely think they'd have a fairly strong aspect of kindred spirits going for them. Artists with a philosophical bend, especially since she'd know when to leave him alone and when not. Perhaps they drifted apart after the accident, to some significant degree. Beryl being a narcoleptic and his former decently close and spiritually attuned friend probably triggers him pretty acutely, he might just see her occasionally since she's interested in learning Go from him but he otherwise keeps her at an awkward distance.
Gyu-ri : This one's a bit out there and doesn't really establish a proper relationship between the two of them, but I'd like to run it by you as a possibility. During his accident it could have been possible that Gyu-ri was the first civilian responder who alerted the paramedics proper. She failed to do anything about it, frozen by knowledge that she was not properly trained to handle the situation, and that would be a huge chip on her shoulder, personally, to this day. Though she might have visited in the hospital some, given her involvement and personal hangups concerning what happened? As fellow board game aficionados perhaps she remains sort of in his orbit after the fact, playing Go with him.

Phillip -
Ramsey : The way Phillip tries to sell ICP he might actually have gotten Ramsey to some extent. Ramsey would still think it's pretty stupid and weird but he'd go along with it with something of an open mind. No intent on actually joining Juggalo culture at large, it strictly ends with his interest in the music that they can chat about every now and then.
The Dies Before First Rolls Squad

The Nights

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Apologies for the delay!

Cicada:

Juliette might well try to be friendly/helpful to Gyu-ri, but if that didn't work at first she'd shift things up a bit and default to a more neutral stance, Juliette would probably appreciate her helpful nature and accomplishments, but not get too terribly close due to her attitude.

Juliette would definitely have political things to discuss with Joanne, though possibly more the process than the specifics of any given policy. If Joanne's not getting too in-depth, though, that shouldn't be a terribly giant problem.

Alton would be down with some sort of something with Charelle, as discussed elsewhere.

He'd also be down for some weirdness with Beryl, and certainly if she'd be ever so kind as to give him a hand with his science work every so often.

He'd certainly hook Joanne up, and is always glad to have some folks in the wings as friends/acquaintances/swooners.

Lavender would definitely count Joanne a political ally, though might be somewhat exasperated by her method of communication; loudness has a time and a place and deployed carelessly can be worse than ineffective.

She'd definitely be intrigued by Beryl and have a lot to talk about when out shooting; familiarity would likely lend itself to polite disagreement.

I'd love to do something with Library and Beryl--I think they could have some good vibes while also maybe having some areas of push and pull, at least on his end post accident. I think there's a good scene to be had there.

I'd be down for stuff with Gyu-ri so long as it can be spun in such a way as doesn't strain credibility; perhaps they were even coming from the same place and that's why she was there?

Phillip would love to chat ICP with Ramsey and might also be a good sort to bounce oddities of faith off of as he finds his own in part through violent clown rap.
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · V7 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply