Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
You Expected a New Topic But It Was Me, MW's V7 Relationship Planning Thread; All out of funny names, but might edit one in later?
Topic Started: Oct 23 2017, 06:24 PM (1,301 Views)
MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
You've been counting stars, now you're counting on me
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
So, I was gonna write all my profiles before starting V7 planning. Then I realized that's gonna take forever. As such, I'm gonna now make a thread for the four five six concepts I've got in passably settled shape and add the last two as they it come(s) together. What I'm looking for: friends, enemies, romantic partners, exes, dudes-who-sit-behind-you-and-cheat-off-your-tests, etc. Basically anything!

Fair warning: I am mercurial when it comes to concepts and my characters are never settled until their profiles are through the first draft (hence the delay in making this), so I reserve the right to change my mind or call renegotiations if stuff slides so something no longer makes sense.

Phillip Olivares is in most ways a fairly mild-mannered Christian kid but as his asthma prevented him from following the athletic footsteps of his brother and childhood friend group he found himself feeling somewhat isolated until finding a new community among fans of the rap group Insane Clown Posse. He managed to assuage his parents concerns about his juggalo interests by highlighting the Christian underpinnings of the group, and his improved grades and social life have led to them mostly accepting his fandom. Phillip is fairly thoughtful and enjoys analysis of stories and pursuit of meaning, often explaining the irony and subtle literary talent of his favorite musicians when he finds a willing audience. He's fond of telling jokes and occasionally dresses up rather wildly, but most of the time is content to slide under the radar.

Phillip's Connections

Juliette Sargent is a nice girl who's always there to listen and eager to help a friend in need. She also aspires to capture the role of class president, and to this end has turned to active campaigning for much of the year, making an attempt to leverage her generally good reputation and her interpersonal skills towards her ends. She comes from a somewhat troubled home life; her parents went through a messy divorce when she was young and her mom is in the process of splitting from her second husband, so Juliette finds some of the agency she lacks in her family by taking active roles with responsibility in her other hobbies.

Juliette's Connections

Alton Gerow is a charmer and a bit of a scoundrel. Raised by a single mother in a bad part of Denton, New Jersey, until near the end of middle school, his entire life turned around when his mom won a substantial sum in the state lottery and relocated them to Chattanooga due mostly to a romanticized picture painted by a song she knew from her childhood. Almost half a decade later, Alton still isn't quite settled into his new situation, having gone from scrambling by on food stamps to realizing that as long as he's content to live a fairly modest life he probably will never have to work unless he feels like it. His easygoing attitude and willingness to take interest in what others enjoy wins him a lot of friends, but his tendency to push boundaries can make some uncomfortable.

Alton's Connections

Lavender Ripley is the daughter of a mildly eccentric lawyer with a particular interest in civil rights cases, especially as pertains to the education system. Lavender has picked up this focus herself, and is very very keen on issues of civil rights. A member of student council and the cheer squad, she's popular and easygoing in most situations but turns dead serious when her buttons are pushed. One area in which she doesn't line up too well with her liberal cohorts is on the issue of guns; she's gone shooting with her family since she was fairly young and is a passionate fan of the sport.

Lavender's Connections

Library Vee is a quiet, philosophical artist struggling with the aftermath of serious injuries sustained due to his own negligence. Frustrated by what he sees as his loss of potential, he tries to coast through his days and considers it a win if nothing sets him off. He gets along best with really boring normal people who are willing to play Go with him and talk about art or ethics. He is perhaps just a little bit pretentious about these things.

Library's Connections

Misty Browder is a girl who holds more or less conservative/alt right views, with a few exceptions (she doesn't have any beef with homo/bisexuality and she's into witchcraft). She plays badminton and gets on well with other conservative kids. When it comes to those not on her wavelength, she takes a certain glee in winding them up and giving them grief. Looking for friends, people Misty has antagonized, exes, maybe some hobby/religion buddies.

Misty's Connections

Obsolete Disclaimer
V7:
Juliette Sargent drawn by Mimi and Ryuki
Alton Gerow drawn by Mimi
Lavender Ripley drawn by Mimi
Phillip Olivares drawn by Ryuki
Library Vee
Misty Browder
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

backslash
Member Avatar
Who is this sassy lost child
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

Denton, New Jersey,

Alton is a gangster confirmed.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Characters

Others

CrossbowPig
Member Avatar
CBP
[ *  *  *  * ]
Violet's willing to listen to Phillip when it comes to music, even when she has the sudden realization of "oh um jeez he's talking about ICP unironically play it cool Violet PLAY IT COOL." She might also find herself laughing at his jokes from time to time. Lucas probably stays the heck away from Phillip, just because the whole clown thing weirds him out. Max actively looks down on Phillip for professing at once to be a Christian and to be so unapologetic in his affinity for profane clown rap.

Despite Juliette's outwardly demeanor of being helpful and kind to all, Lucas' paranoia leads him to believe that she's faking the act, and he likely strays away from her whenever possible. Max doesn't have any dreams of running for a student body position himself, but likely can name five people he'd rather see in the role of class president than Juliette (all depending on her political views though I'm guessing she's not quite right-wing enough to satisfy Max). Violet likes Juliette, and has a willing ear to listen to anything Juliette might have to say. After all, who is there to help those who dedicate themselves to helping others?

Max looks down on Alton for his mother having stumbled into wealth rather than having worked to earn it. The institution of the lottery is not one that he finds very appealing. Lucas may or may not associate with Alton, depending on his interests and hobbies. If he strays too far to the mainstream popular, then consider Lucas turned away. Violet is interested in Alton for a currently unspecified reason, but keeps this a secret.

While Max looks down on Juliette for not being the best fit for the position she runs for, and on Alton for not having earned his status financially, he finds no issue on either front with Lavender and thinks favorably of her for these reasons. Maybe he sees an opening for planting the ideas of conservatism in her mind when it comes to guns, eh? He treats her with kindness. Lucas and Violet are fairly uninterested here, though Violet finds Lavender slightly interesting simply because of her name.
~~~~~ Creativity's Burning Pyre ~~~~~

NOW: V7

DEAD: V6

MAYBE: V?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

backslash
Member Avatar
Who is this sassy lost child
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Right, so off the top of my head, I think both Astor and Mercy would know Lavender; Astor's brother is on the student council and he's interested in activism himself, and Mercy is on the cheer squad. If Phillip is involved in the writing club, he and Mercy would have crossed paths but she'd be a little weirded out by the juggalo thing.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Characters

Others

Somersault
Member Avatar
i'm a boss ass bitch (bitch bitch)
[ *  * ]
Mmm, Keisha would probably trail Juliette if she's trying to cover the student council elections, so yeah that might be a thing. Kelly might support Juliette inner aspirations as Kelly's also super helpful and stuff, and Janie may see her as competition, even if they're not both running for the same thing.

Adele and Alton are both largely chill people, so maybe they could get along?

Keisha and Lavender are both politically active cheerleaders, so maybe they could be friends?
here's my v7 planning thread or whatever
C-H-A-T-T-A-N-O-O-G-A

V7 HERE WE COME

Concepts

Art Thangs

Let Them Fly Free

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Also I'm totally gonna use this thread to post profile drafts to keep myself accountable and such. Feel free to read 'em or not. Everything's subject to change until staff approve it. This may be first drafty or I may submit it verbatim come apps. It'll be a surprise!

Juliette for Senior Class President 16-17
V7:
Library Vee
Misty Browder

Ryuki
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Philip: Ned also might be someone he could get along with. Ned probably would have heard Insane Clown Posse and thought they sounded good, though he wouldn't a big fan. Zach probably would call ICP's music crappy, and by extension, Philip's taste in music crappy.

Juliette: Yuki could make a good study/reading buddy for her. They could listen to classical music while they did.

Alton: Ned could show him his favorite anime if he's interested. Also, Zach could either see him as a potential target for his pranks or an accomplice.
Edited by Ryuki, Oct 23 2017, 10:23 PM.
Art

Character Concepts

Kermit
Member Avatar
eEeEEEeEEEeeEeeeee
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

Denton, New Jersey

TOBEN NOOOOOOOOOOO

I CAN FEEL THE V2 MADNESS SPREADING THROUGH MY BRAIN AAAAAAAAAAAH

dudewheresmyweed TOBEN U EEL kermit only waned to feel normal .... was that to much to ask?
"Kermit you are the guy in the horror movie that finds a book bound in human skin and decides to read out loud what is inside for fun" - some mean lady named Ruggahissy

i make art i think????

Sadly kermit looked at a mariavel. It was so sad... such a sad mariavel... like him... he only waned a normal life... was that too much to ask? was it?

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Lavender believes in the legal process

Will reply to comments posted thus far in another post soon! Will try to get stuff for the other two (plus the other two mysterious individuals) soon.
V7:
Library Vee
Misty Browder

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
@CBP: Most of that sounds good to me! I'll hit you up on Lucas/Alton once Alton's a little firmer in my mind. Lavender may be a bit too liberal for Max given a lot of her stances, though she'd be willing to have legit talks with him about that stuff as long as he didn't say anything super insensitive.

@Backslash: That all sounds great to me. Phillip would love to tell Mercy about how her misconceptions about clowns are blinding her to a force of positivity in the world.

@Somersault: Mostly sounds good! I actually think Juliette might be interested in getting Janie in her corner if possible; they're both kind of moderate and it's good to have someone on your side who's not looking to unseat you.

@Ryuki: Good stuff! I think where Alton would land with regards to Zach would probably vary case by case and depending on his own whim.
V7:
Library Vee
Misty Browder

dmboogie
Member Avatar
A Delicate Machine
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Phillip: Abe thinks he's hilarious (not in the nicest way) and would probably poke fun of clown-town on a frequentish basis, but also loves taking silly things very seriously so he'd be willing to talk sincerely (or at least as sincere as he ever gets) about ICP with him. Outside of that I think they'd get along decently well?

Juliette: Abe doesn't understand why anyone gives a shit about class president; and while he doesn't go out of his way to antagonize her he'd be very dismissive if she tried campaigning around him.

Alton: Abe likes chill dudes, Abe doesn't mind people pushing boundaries. They'd be bros.

Lavender: Alexander really admires her ambition and drive - maybe they're dating in the past/present, too? I think they'd mesh really well.

((EDIT BECAUSE I FUCKED UP: alex isn't available in the present, but I'd still be down for them dating at some point.))

Chris would totally be civil rights buddies with her.
a tribute for the dead and dying

Posted Image

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Mains Shaggy Verde
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Phillip: Asante might throw out the odd compliment or two when he sees him dressing up wildly, out of respect if nothing else.

Juliette/Lavender: Since they're both in the Student Council, it makes sense fro them to know Yuri. I think she might be more familiar with Juliette more on a personal basis just because she's a more relaxed kind of person, and they both aim pretty high for certain positions in the student council (Yuri wants to be treasurer). She'd duck if she sees Lavender getting into her political opinions - not out of disagreement, but for comfort - and would actually respect her for openly progressive attitude and otherwise quiet nature, even if she feels Lavender seems a bit zealous at times. I'm not sure how'd they feel about her friendly gambling/bookkeeping hobbies, but it might be worth bringing up.
V7 relationship thread! Say hi to my kids!
Super Spoiler God Super Spoiler

Fenris
Member Avatar
head shot (drank)
[ *  *  *  * ]
(pushes ur kids in a room w/ my kids) Make Friends

Phillip: ivy thinks he's a freak, naturally, but like, not an important enough freak to pay attention to. i think him and artem could be friends? ICP is real far from his music tastes but he's an open-minded dude and they're in book club together so they'd at least know each other. idk if they'd ever interact but if they ever did i think dante and nia would get along with him fine, dante's infinitely chill and nia enjoys spending time around people who're into stuff she doesn't know about. she'd totally be down for listening to phillip's analyses.

Juliette: dante has hit on her at some point because he's himself. ivy i think it would depend wholly on how juliette acts toward her? they could be amicable, or ivy could find her really insufferable. they'd probs know each other either way, though, ivy's kinda hard to avoid.

Alton: dante is the Chillest Dude and would totally get along w/ alton. axel might too, depending on whether alton's down w/ the party scene. for some reason i'm imagining that ivy outwardly kinda turns up her nose as alton's new money but kinda thinks he's real cute and is kinda mad about it

Lavender: (motions vaguely at dante again) welcome to cheer squad, you are stuck w/ ivy for eternity. ivy and mercy don't get on and i get the sense she wouldn't get along with lavender either. i imagine ian'd be at least familiar with her, what with football players and cheerleaders and all.
"Well, Fenris, the King of Gossip. We meet again."
v7 kids

the future

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
@Boogie: All sounds good. I'd be down for Lavender being an ex. Maybe she likes Depeche Mode now (funnily enough I've been pretty into A Broken Frame lately so I can sound not totally stupid about it). She'd probably still be on good terms with him unless he's a jerk about breakups.

@Un: Phillip would dig the compliments and while he's not huge on DBZ he recognizes a certain kindred nature in weird fandoms. Also sounds good with Yuri, and Alton would perhaps like to talk with her a bit about gambling. All else sounds good.

@Fenris: Stuff looks overall good. Phillip would love to talk to Nia if she listens. Did you know that Miracles is a pretty straightforward message about approaching life with positivity and appreciating the little things?

Juliette would try for a decent relationship with Ivy--she doesn't really like fighting people pointlessly and besides, it's good to know folks who are dialed in.

Alton's totally down with parties and guitarists are pretty sweet. And Ivy can have a smile even if she's chilly.
V7:
Library Vee
Misty Browder

Malloon
Member Avatar
Survivor
[ *  * ]
Joey's the one that's going to prevent Juliette becoming class president. And he's on the student council too. He'd probably like her enough to view her as a friendly rival during times where elections aren't an issue, but when that time comes he'll fight tooth and nail for the position. He'd make it clear that it's nothing personal, though, and would act in her favour if it doesn't disadvantage him, just to cultivate the, ahem, mutual understanding that's so important between politicians.

But that's all on the inside. On the outside he's charming, courteous, helpful and quick-witted. Or that's how he tries to present himself, which mostly works, though it's up to you if she can see through him.

Lavender would know him too, of course, from the student council. And he'd know her, but he knows most anybody to varying degrees.
Edited by Malloon, Oct 28 2017, 11:09 AM.
V6 Character:
Benjamin "Squirrel" Lichter [ ~ / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / > ] - You'll find him in the clouds.
V7 Characters:
Chloe Bruges [ - ] - You'll find her doing math.
Joseph "Joey" Quintero - You'll find him writing speaches.
Keith Rogers - You'll find him out with his gang.

In the unlikely event you want to use my characters...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · V7 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply