Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Post-Game Theme Songs; Yay more music sharing
Topic Started: Oct 12 2017, 02:38 PM (192 Views)
CrossbowPig
Member Avatar
CBP
[ *  *  *  * ]
UnPy with the novel and interesting thread concepts that go woefully underappreciated once again D:

I'll help out my fair share.

Lili William's theme, in the V6 Character Theme Song thread, was Rest Aria, by The Residents. This song, sad and somewhat disturbing, was what I envisioned for her run, but what resulted was something a lot more bittersweet than I could have really imagined. I used an incredible amount of song titles for Lili's thread titles, but I'm unsure any of them really fit how things turned out for her. Now, when I think of how to musically express Lili and her story, I think to, of all things, sappy indie music that she would probably be somewhat opposed to.

Carissa's Wierd - Blessed Arms that Hold You Tight, Freezing Cold and Alone

Arthur is a little trickier for me to really pinpoint what I had expected for him going into the game, but I know it wasn't something as bleak and hopeless as what turned out from him. I guess I had the reverse expectation as I did for Lili, in a sense, though I know that really isn't the case. I was thinking something kind of a little happy, but still introspective, so I guess musically I could represent this with The Suburbs, by Arcade Fire. By the time that Arthur died, however, I had spun into something a whole lot more unhappy and depressing than I really thought I would get into at the outset.

Giles Corey - Grave Filled with Books

God, both these songs are really sad, aren't they? I'll try to write something happier for V7.

Promise.
~~~~~ Creativity's Burning Pyre ~~~~~

NOW: V7

DEAD: V6

MAYBE: V?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Roleplaying Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply