Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Future Corpses in Need of Friends; New to SOTF and I have no idea what I am doing! :D
Topic Started: Oct 5 2017, 07:01 PM (482 Views)
TheLordOfAwesome
Member Avatar
Survivor
[ *  * ]
Color chart

Sierra Cook - Sierra is an average sized, athletic, Alaskan born, Chattanooga raised girl, born to a deeply religious middle aged couple. Sierra comes off to many as a rude, abrasive jerk due to her sarcastic, blunt, and somewhat cynical personality, but if someone can get past that and get to know her, she can be rather warm and friendly to those she considers friends. Academically, Sierra does alright for herself, with her grades consistently being above average, with the exceptions of PE and Art class which she excels at. Ever since she was young Sierra has been a lover of nature and animals, and greatly enjoys outdoor activities such as hiking or camping. On her outdoor trips Sierra likes to bring a sketchbook and some pencils so she can sketch the scenery or animals she sees. Doesn't care for hunting despite her father's best efforts, but did pick up archery at his insistence that she learn some sort of hunting related skill, and still practices it as part of her workout routine. Sierra is openly bisexual, something that has soured her relationship with her rather conservative parents ever since she came out to them at the age of 14. Since then she has engaged in some (generally harmless) acts of rebellion to spite her parents; dying her hair, getting tattoos and piercings, staying out late, going to parties, hanging out with delinquents, and dating people they wouldn't want her to date (particularly other women). Secretly likes to collect stuffed animals, and really doesn't want people to know.

Looking for:

• Fellow animal/nature lovers
  • Delinquent types
  • People who like outdoor activities
  • Maybe a girlfriend or boyfriend. Preferably the former but the latter works fine too, especially if they fit the second item.
  • Maybe some people who'd take the time to get past her rough exterior and to got to know her.
  • People who wouldn't like her or at the very least don't get along with her. Conservative types and the such.
  • Any other suggestions. I'm open to ideas.

Sierra relationships

Lucas Abernathy - Is a tall, lanky fellow, born to an upper-middle class family with a friendly, easy going personality, with a love for movies, art, the ladies, drinking, and anything that is horror related. His academic performance tends to be either poor or just good enough to keep him from outright failing as he doesn't exactly feel the need to apply himself to any given subject unless he finds it interesting. At the young age of 7 his parents accidentally left him alone with a DVD of 1986's The Fly to watch, which had been put into the case of the movie he was suppose to watch. While it terrified him as a child, it also left in with a burning curiosity for how movies like it were made and an enjoyment of the thrill of being scared. Since then he has developed into an extreme cinephile and an all encompassing love for the horror genre. Lucas aspires to being a major filmmaker some day, even making his own amateur films in his spare time with scripts, costumes, and props that he has designed himself. Of course, he puts considerable time and money into his film projects and as a result is nearly always broke. His love of horror has also lead him to developing a love for art as he sought out creepy paintings for one of his projects, and became interested in art as a whole (his favorite painter being Francisco Goya). Lucas is also something of a ladies man, but has a distinct inability to maintain any form of serious relationship, which he is very self-conscious about. He also has a bit of a drinking problem, which he developed some time after entering high school in an attempt to seem "cool", and has on more than one occasion showed up to school completely hung over. In terms of club involvement, Lucas is a member of the drama club but he sticks to mostly a backstage role; supporting his fellow club members and on scouting out actors for his movie projects.

Looking for:

• Fellow movie, art, and horror enthusiasts.
  • Pals in the drama club.
  • People he gets to help him with his projects because they have skills he doesn't (makeup, music, etc.)
  • A few ex-girlfriends. Whether they'd still be on good terms with him after the relationship ended is up to you.
  • Maybe a drinking buddy or two.
  • People who wouldn't like him or at the very least don't get along with him.
  • Any other suggestions.

Lucas relationships
Edited by TheLordOfAwesome, Jan 1 2018, 03:12 AM.
V7 Charcters
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ryuki
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Sierra: Yuki could get along with her, if she got to know her, plus she is tolerant towards LGBT people, because her sister is bisexual as well. Would Sierra also care to partake in Zach's pranking?

Lucas: Ned is a friendly guy and is a member of drama club, so I can see him getting along with Lucas, and also being roped into one of his film projects, if he ever needs Ned to do a voice. Zach could enlist him to provide props for his pranks.
Art

Character Concepts
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

TheLordOfAwesome
Member Avatar
Survivor
[ *  * ]
Added them in. As for Sierra joining in with Zach's pranks, personally I don't see her as the pranking type.
V7 Charcters

Fenris
Member Avatar
the consummate paragon
[ *  *  * ]
hey hello new person i have kids for you

Sierra: Axel is like, ready made for pissing off parents. they'd know each other for sure from parties and all that, if she's the hookup type that could've happened? or they could've dated for a short time, maybe. Dante has hit on every girl at school at one point or another. I don't think Ivy would dislike her particularly unless Sierra actively went against her in some way or another; otherwise she'd be off Ivy's radar.

Lucas: Nia would definitely know him from drama. I don't know that they have much in common, but they'd at least be acquaintances. you didn't say whether Lucas is the partying type, but if he is he'd probably know Axel (they've got the drinking and the womanizing in common, at least :P) ... this is kind of an odd thought since he's not Ivy's usual type at all, but assuming he doesn't hate her on principle (which would be, y'know, fair) I could see them having gone out for a little while. they can bond over their early-onset alcoholism. :p

that's what i've got! lemme know what you think :D
"Well, Fenris, the King of Gossip. We meet again."
v7 kids

the future

TheLordOfAwesome
Member Avatar
Survivor
[ *  * ]
I can definitely see Sierra dating Axel at some point and would probably still be on good terms with him after since he would piss her parents off and she is all about that (he goes to parties, he drinks, he does drugs, he's in a band; what is there not for parent to hate?). She'd probably be on good terms with Dante, probably by bonding over their mutual love for animals, maybe she'd flirt with him but I don't see any romantic relationship between the two going past a one time hook-up (he is far too stable).

Lucas does go to parties (his drinking problem from trying to be "cool" had to have started somewhere) but not to same extent as Sierra, mostly because he'd fall behind on his projects and he wouldn't want that. But I can definitely see him hitting it off with Axel from the few parties they have both been at. The relationship between him and Ivy would be an interesting one for sure. If they did go out I honestly can't see the relationship lasting for an extend period of time, especially by Lucas' standards, and maybe neither of them like to talk about it, but I love the idea of them bonding over their drinking problem. Hooray for being drinking buddies with your exes!
V7 Charcters

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Dude, my Roxie and Lucas might have some kind of relationship together. She's a bit like him, in that she's in the drama club (she does both backstage and occasionally onstage stuff), likes horror media, and is interested in film. She's an aspiring makeup effects artist, with her own YouTube channel on how to do makeup effects (and probably other effects) at home. Maybe they've helped each other out on projects from time to time? O:
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.
Bree Jones- "I'm not exaggerating when I say that my fish are smarter."
Roxanne "Roxie" Borowski- "Next video? Oh man, tons of ideas, dude. Lemme get the makeup for that."

In Loving Memory

Humiliating things I caught you guys saying

Kami's Promise for v6 (doing this again)

Posted Image

Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V6. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.

Fenris
Member Avatar
the consummate paragon
[ *  *  * ]
all sounds good to me! Dante doesn't do hookups but I can totally see him and Sierra as sometimes-kinda-flirty friends. and yeah I don't see the Ivy/Lucas relationship lasting very long either, but I kinda see it as something they both stumbled into and then stumbled out of and neither of them really think about the relationship they're just like. unlikely friends now.
"Well, Fenris, the King of Gossip. We meet again."
v7 kids

the future

SansaSaver
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
@Sierra: Dorothea would nooooot like this girl, as many of Sierra's lifestyle choices conflict with Dodo's more conservative beliefs. At the same time, Dodo would probably be a little jealous regarding Sierra's rebellious acts, as that's the sorta exciting stuff she'd like to do, but is too worried about the moral ramifications. So probably complicated feelings erring on the negative side of things from Dodo!

Tristan is pan, has dyed hair too, and is a frequent party-goer as well, so I could see him and Sierra being chill buddies (perhaps even having dated in the past?)

@Lucas: I think he and Tristan could be good friends! Tristan's a member of the drama club too, and though he favours stage acting over film I'm sure he'd love to be in a film or two of Lucas'! He's also got experience in costuming and publicity too, so if Lucas ever wanted help in those regards he'd be more than happy to lend a hand. Not only that, but Tristan does love his drink as well, so they could be drinking buddies too!

I could see something with Lucas and Ariana as well, as she's super interested in the study of art too. Perhaps she and him could be friendly art buddies of a sort?

Those are my thoughts! Lemme know what you think! ^-^
Version Seven:
Tristan O’Hara
Dorothea Rodriguez
Ariana Simpson

Past Characters:

TheLordOfAwesome
Member Avatar
Survivor
[ *  * ]
Sorry for the late reply everyone! Anyway on to business!

@Fenris: Okay, okay! Everyone is added in. Thank you! :3

@kamiKaze: Dude. These two would be the best of friends! With their shared interests I get the feeling these two would work very well together, both during Drama club and on their own respective projects. I added her in as a best friend.

@SansaSaver: Added them all in! I'm down with Tristan being one of Sierra's exes/friends. :3
V7 Charcters

Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
You seem to be doing very well at the relationships biz so far! Welcome to SOTF fam, already looking forward to your writing! So here's some ideas:

Sierra Cook -
Beryl - In some way I see them as pretty damn kin so I've got some ideas in depth here. They probably became friends pretty quickly in high school and started going on camping trips and such, sketching together. I imagine Beryl being such an active animal activist earns all of Sierra's respects. Beryl also being weird and out there would probably feed Sierra more intellectual fodder to piss off her parents. For a while they were super supportive to one another due to their kindred spirits, while Beryl was going through her developing narcolepsy and Sierra her coming out and parental issues. At some point the two probably developed crushes on each other and mutually consummated them, and it could have lasted a decent while before the relationship fire flamed out and they decided they were better as friends. Still close friends to this day who often hang out outside of school continuing to do their things together and supported each other in future endeavors (h a i r d y e) and relationships (I could see them being each other's firsts).

Lucas Abernathy -
Charelle - They could have dated for a bit since she's fairly popular/well known, and not so intimidating since she's fairly easy to get along with after the fact. She invites him to the occasional party to encourage his drinking accidentally and they're still on speaking terms, though probably mostly in different circles.
Beryl - She's got the mishmash of aesthetic sensibilities that might make her an interesting soundboard for horror ideas since she can produce some pretty demented things out of her head when asked, in turn she finds his artistry fascinating and so they mutually explore one another's aesthetics. Also she'd help with his audio work for free (and remind me to prod Aloha about this because I feel I can somehow drag Isra into this, it might make a lot of sense) so she probably wins points that way!
Demetri - He's a far quieter and less annoying kinda dude despite hanging out with Zachary a lot, that said the stuff that comes out of his mouth is pretty bad sometimes and he's increasingly damaged goods... That said Demetri has some eye for cinematography so the two might swap brain power sometimes!
The Dies Before First Rolls Squad

The Nights

TheLordOfAwesome
Member Avatar
Survivor
[ *  * ]
Thank you for the welcome! I look forward to writing here! Admittedly, my writing probably isn't as good as some most probably everyone else's here, but I do try my best to make it good decent passable. That being said, I wholly look forward to tearing my babies to bloody shreds for a second time~

Anyway, on to business!

Love the ideas! All of them! Especially Beryl and Sierra, and I look to writing interactions together. So all of them are added in. (Also, a reminder to prod Aloha. We were discussing a possibility of Lucas and Isra having dated at some point, but they have yet to get back to me on that.)
V7 Charcters

Somersault
Member Avatar
i'm a boss ass bitch (bitch bitch)
[ *  * ]
Oh, hey! I would think that Kelly and Sierra would be fast friends, considering they're both animal lovers, and because Kelly is super duper determined to befriend people. Kelly also does archery too, so maybe they could sometimes talk about that as well? Abaynesh is currently trying to sorta make friends with more of the counter-culture people, so maybe she's talked to Sierra a bit.

Adele parties and is making some small ventures into costume design, so maybe she and Lucas know each other from that? Keisha also parties and is really good friends with Ivy, so maybe they could be casual acquaintances.
here's my v7 planning thread or whatever
C-H-A-T-T-A-N-O-O-G-A

V7 HERE WE COME

Concepts

Art Thangs

Let Them Fly Free

TheLordOfAwesome
Member Avatar
Survivor
[ *  * ]
And they are in! Thank you. :3
V7 Charcters

MaskedMountain
Member Avatar
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
Altan Ochir might be a friend of Sierra's, as they both enjoy Art, Nature and hunting (Although Altan rarely hunts in America) although he is most certainly not a delinquent and is generally quiet.
V7 Soon to die

TheLordOfAwesome
Member Avatar
Survivor
[ *  * ]
MaskedMountain
Dec 31 2017, 08:27 PM
Altan Ochir might be a friend of Sierra's, as they both enjoy Art, Nature and hunting (Although Altan rarely hunts in America) although he is most certainly not a delinquent and is generally quiet.
Sounds good! Though she actually doesn't care for hunting. Of course, since they have a mutual interest in nature and art I don't really see that being an issue and they'd probably just get along fine.
V7 Charcters

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
« Previous Topic · V7 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply