Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The V1 Read-A-Thon
Topic Started: Sep 28 2017, 07:14 PM (7,229 Views)
Brackie
Member Avatar
personification of adhd
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
yo
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I can't sing but I wrote you a song

Wrong notes but the melody's so clear

When I'm lost, I'm still close to gold

cause I found my treasure in you
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Brackie
Member Avatar
personification of adhd
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Thom Chuck's an uneven experience but at least his profile is a treasure. I present to you the following quotes:
Quote:

He plays as the power forward, and occasionally as the goalie whenever Clifford is absent. Clifford and Thom are on good terms, but last week, Clifford accidentally spilled a glass of milk onto Thom's favorite black shirt. The stain is still there, but the two are still buddies. But, not as good of buddies as Thom and Waldo.

Quote:

But, for now, he plays soccer with his mates. He also takes Shao Lin on the side. He does a little yoga, too. He is really focused, and strong, although most of the time Thom doesn't act like it. Thom has been taking Shao Lin since he was 5, because of his parents' encouragement for him to take a martial art. Thanks to Shao Lin, Thom is strong, and owes all his strength and smarts to Shao Lin.

Quote:

Thom is an all around likeable guy, although he's never had a girlfriend. He once killed a shark after Waldo pulled it up on the dock. And by shark, I mean the baby ones that are only a foot long. Either way, the guy killed a shark, and that's a pretty amazing feat. Thom cooked the shark in his stove. He did it without his parents' help. He was only 11 at the time, and ate up the shark with Waldo. The shark was delicious, Thom noted. He hopes to kill another shark and eat it. Maybe the island will give that chance.

Thom Chuck likes to eat cake. His favorite kind is chocolate cake with vanilla icing. It's almost as good as shark, although he likes the shark way better.

Quote:

Once, Thom snapped a guy in half. It was an action figure, but still, he snapped a guy in half.

Quote:

Sometimes, he uses his martial arts for bad. But, only sometimes. Most of the time, he rescues kids from bullies. Once, he rescued a kid named Sam. Sam was getting hassled by a guy named Ian. Thom put the hurt on Ian. He saved Sam. Sam taught Thom how to clean fish really, really well. So, Thom can clean fish really good, and is a good martial artist for his age.

I don't care that none of that would probably pass today that is legit comedy gold, most of it even intentionally.

Unfortunately Thom and Chuck's in-game experience isn't nearly as eventful. They meet up immediately and toss their weapons around for a bit, decide to hunt down Hawley for his shotgun because shotguns are cool, get jumped by Shinya Motomura, upon which Thom screams at him for looking like Sadako, and then they go inactive where the two are immediately ground up into mince meat by the threesome of Peri/Stevan/Shinya. Thom got shot though so at least he didn't get the same fate as Waldo.

As much as I'd love to for the profile alone, I unfortunately can't recommend Thom because of the way their story ends. Read the profile if you legitimately want something earnest and funny to cheer you up though!

Another, barkeep!

Brackie
Member Avatar
personification of adhd
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
oh I've actually already read Kichiro super recently (like in the past month recently) so might I get a reroll?

Brackie
Member Avatar
personification of adhd
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
well I guess I can just c/p my wikia comment:

"Much like August and Helena, I wasn't as big on Terry as I was Anya, but that doesn't mean Terry wasn't good - a good chunk of his time with August was a Nyquil substitute, but at least it was variety to the other threads going on at the time. He was mostly normal, likeable, had direction even if a bit sparsely developed, and it's a shame his handler never hung around. Imagine what else he could have done?"

tl;dr Terry's writer wrote Anya. I love Anya. Therefor I'm partial to Terry and recommend him even if his first part is fairly boring.

Another!

Brackie
Member Avatar
personification of adhd
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Madison was in the game for two paragraphs and was foddered off to boost a currently-living-on-SC-Mini Jason Andrews' kill count. That's all there pretty much is to her, which is a shame because her profile had promise (well, for v1 anyway).

Another!

Brackie
Member Avatar
personification of adhd
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ah, v1, back when the premise was Battle Royale in America but half the site just wrote actual Japanese kids anyway, thus rendering the whole creative process worthless.

Anyways, Kiyoko's profile indicates she is an Otaku with disfigured fingers. Her dad is an alcoholic and her mom left them six months ago. She skips school to hang out at internet cafes. She has insomia but her alcoholic dad sold her pills for beer money, and she fantasizes about killing him. So far, pretty par the course for v1.

The actual story starts out with this:

Quote:

(occ: for future reference Speach will be in Romananji and thoughts in English because most things Kiyoko says in her head i usually dont know the romanji for those)

Laaaaaazy.

Anyways Kiyoko wakes up, finds her glasses, and because this is v1 she immediately leaves her first thread because her handler waited 3 hours and nobody appeared which was like 2 months in our time. She appears in Terry Woodard's thread *children cheering in the background* but only speaks to Kichiro *children sad in the background* because apparently she has no idea what's going on, lol whoops! Anyways, she tries getting an answer out of Kichiro but he REFUSES TO TELL HER THAT SHE'S ON SOTF which is wrong but hilarious. This quote also happens

Quote:

It was a Midevil Flail

It's a shame spellcheck didn't exist in 2005. Kichiro then tells her in the broadest terms possible what SOTF is and naturally she doesn't believe him but then she does believe him? idk man half her dialogue isn't even in English. They then leave, leaving the good characters to do their thing (ie get shot by Hawley in a few threads).

Another thread happens where they swap weapons. That's pretty much all that happens.

They finally get to the river and happen upon Cassandra Roivas *waves at Aura* who has a big-ass gun. They exchange the usual "we're not playing" pleasantries and join up. This is an interesting dynamic because Cassandra can only speak English and Kiyoko can only speak Japanese, while Kichiro speaks both and has to act as their translator and go-between. BOY WOULDN'T IT SUCK IF SOMETHING WERE TO HAPPEN TO KICHIRO. Cassandra/Kiyoko shakes hands while she narratives in Japanese for some reason

Quote:

Kiyoko felt a little dissapionded becaause her ahndshake offering was regected

I can't understand Japanese so I have no clue what went on. She then fucks around with the boxcutter Kichiro traded her for for a bit and Kichiro's like "NO" and Kiyoko's like "step off" and then Kichiro's like "woah she's unfriendly" as though he's not the one who just grabbed her. It gets boring so they head to another thread.

They then happen upon a waterfall where they find Gabrielle Minase's body, as he's tragically died of AIDS (or the gunshot wound in his back, it's hard to tell). Kiyoko asks the body to wake up because she's five years old. Upon Kichiro telling her it's a dead body, she then steals its bag.

They then end up in a group with Umi Martin, Daisuke Andou, Aiden Ambrose, and Andrew Lipson, which is a fairly solid group all things considered. She speaks with Daisuke in Japanese which is sorta nice. Kichiro then runs off because he's been rolled he just KNOWS his long-lost sister is out in that burning field of bamboo for some reason even though he's been speaking to her all this time, oh the tragedy, leaving Kiyoko alone. She tries speaking to Daisuke, who goes inactive for the rest of the thread, and Andrew tries speaking with her, but she obviously can't understand him.

She also has a surprisingly subdued reaction to Andrew being struck by lightning and falling off a cliff (read: none at all) but then Chi Masumi appears and wants Umi's gun so she tries turning Kiyoko against the group of mostly English speakers by telling her they're all plotting against her and want her dead. To Kiyoko's credit she immediately recognizes this is bullshit and tells her to fuck off. To her immediate discredit she then HITS HER IN THE HEAD WITH HER FLAIL which is super aggressive but everyone seems cool with it? Chi cries and stuff but Kiyoko calls her a whore and tells her again to fuck off. She then gives Umi a MAC-10 which I'm not entirely sure where she got it from. They move on as a group.

They all arrive at the next thread and decide to get some rest but Kiyoko can't because she has no sleeping pills, ruh-roh. Peri Barclay then arrives and naturally Kiyoko then slips into the office, steals Aiden's gun and tries to shoot him. Everyone's all "KIYOKO WTF" but then they're all "k hand it back now" and everyone seems to forgive her. Daisuke seems to be the only one on her side because of the whole language thing, while she doesn't trust Peri at all because he has guns and gunshot wounds which are a bad combination to run into. Back to crediting Kiyoko you kind of feel her frustration towards seeing these things but unable to communicate them clearly to the group. A whole bunch of stuff happens that's not really relevant to her so she ends her story by stealing Aiden's gun again, writing a suicide note and promising not to be a burden. Only because Cassandra can't read Japanese she thinks Kiyoko's off to do something terrible and tries to get her to drop the gun at gunpoint, which explodes a long standing tension between them and they end up shooting each other and dying in the process.

If you're going to read Kiyoko, read her through Cassandra or other people. Otherwise, I'd skip her.

One more character please!

Brackie
Member Avatar
personification of adhd
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Jayne is a beige boring waste of time. Her profile's not terrible, but she has no voice and only hangs around characters as boring and incomprehensible as she is, and then she gets stabbed in the back of the head by her own vodka bottle by one of Slayer's many killbots. I'd do a full write-up summary, but that is time better spent doing something else completely.

Instead I'm going to ask for another character!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Roleplaying Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply