Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The V1 Read-A-Thon
Topic Started: Sep 28 2017, 07:14 PM (7,041 Views)
Polibyss
Member Avatar
You like what you see?
[ *  * ]
Sacre bleu! It's Clemence Ceillet de Rousseau.

Clemence, for the uninitiated, is a femme fatale ballerina bred from the purest stock of French royalty. Her heart is cold as ice and, of course, she immediately decides that she has to kill all of the dirty plebs on the island so she can go back to being a ballet superstar.

Clemence has twelve threads. That may seem like a lot, but her story is shorter than it appears. Clemence does not actually interact with any characters controlled by other handlers until her eighth thread. Of her first seven threads:
Three are short, mostly useless one-shots
One's just her starting a thread and then leaving one post later,
One is a thread with other people where Clemence enters and leaves without interacting with anyone
Two are one-shots where Clemence slaughters inactives (This is where most of her early-game content is)

So she's not actually that long of a read, even though she starts at day 4 and makes it to 7th place. Writing wise, she's pretty good by V1 standards, but there's still a slew of spelling/grammatical errors and poor attempts at flowery prose. Anyway, I'm just going to go into a summary of Clemence's story because I don't know how else to convey my feelings.

As I said, Clemence spends most of her time just wandering around and killing inactives. Her first kill comes when she strangles a guy to death from behind with a chain. He's powerless to fight back against her super strength, because despite being severely bulimic, Clemence is "all muscle". Later, Clemence seduces another guy and then stabs him to death while they're having sex. When his friend gets stuck in the doorway while trying to escape the building, she kicks the door so hard that it decapitates him.

Eventually she runs into some lesbians and gets into a terrible fight with one of them. Luckily, mute terrorist Elijah Rice shows up and kills the lesbians. Clemence forms an uneasy alliance with Elijah, which leads to some interesting interactions.
quotes

quotes

(I should point out that she had a thick French accent before this thread, but the handler must have gotten sick of writing it)

Clemence and Elijah then get into a fight with some kids, which ends when one girl shoots her collar while hugging Clemence's leg, nearly crippling her. Clemence then runs away from Elijah because... I don't know, I'm pretty sure Kaishi just went inactive.

Things get messy from here. Clemence starts randomly hearing an evil voice in her head, and then she stabs a guy, Ryan Torres. In the next thread, the voice goes away but she's suddenly feeling remorse for all of her actions. She teams up with the brother of the guy she killed, Jeremy Torres, to take down Elijah, but literally one post later she realizes Elijah is gone/dead/whatever and tries to kill Jeremy.

After this, her handler goes inactive. According to the wiki, Clemence was actually supposed to be in endgame, but after she went inactive staff swapped her with Cody Jenson. It was all for the best, really. So she's inactive killed by Cody. Her death scene is pretty good. She gets into a fight with Cody after insulting his motorcycle girlfriend, which ends with her bloody death. It's an exciting scene, if a bit dumb at times. A girl with a nearly crippled leg shouldn't be running and kicking people in the chest.

Clemence is by no means a great character, but I actually enjoyed her. There's not much of a story arc or anything to connect to, but she's entertaining in an over-the-top cartoon villain way. She goes downhill near the end after leaving Elijah, but her death scene is good. She's a fun read, and you can get through her pretty quickly.

Someone please roll me another.
V7
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

TwelveFourtyFive
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm awake now

Flare: Niniko Kishinawa
Polybius: Vince Noir

Randomness
Member Avatar
Is in some state of existence
[ *  *  *  * ]
Throw me a kid.
"I have the heart of a young boy. I keep it in a jar on my desk" -- Stephen King

Those no longer with us

It's the Grand Map of Doom! v6

TwelveFourtyFive
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Randomness: Elise Aversano

Impereld
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
I'll take a dead kid, although by this point they'd probably be dead adults by now.

TwelveFourtyFive
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Woah, long time no see o_O

Welcome back, Impereld!

Impereld: Waldo Woodrow

Impereld
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
Everybody, we can stop searching! I found Waldo!

So he's 15, which I will excuse because V1. There's a spelling mistake five words into his appearance, which I will excuse because V1. He has many bangs that "fringle" his head, which I think is supposed to be fringe but doesn't quite sound right either.

Okay, I'm not going to point out every spelling mistake, but there are a few spread throughout, but again, V1. By those (low) standards, he's actually alright. It's a little irking how an anime club is mentioned in his interests but not in the profile and fishing is mentioned in the profile but not in the interests. But, y'know, the dude ate a shark so that makes up for any and all deficiencies, right?

Then we get to the island and I went on the non-canon thread which was a load of pointless, OOC bullshit so whatever!

Onto Dude! FORTIFIED!!! Part 2: Revenge of the Fortification.

They keep on saying "dood" and I keep misreading it as "dodd" and it's annoying me.

Okay so No-Life King only seems to have actually posted on the first page so I guess this is a inactive kill? The only other thing I have to say is that someone in the thread calls somebody blood boy which I take as confirmation that V1 breaks reality.

I will take another dead kid, please.

TwelveFourtyFive
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Impereld: Stevan Hyde

Bowser
Member Avatar
Survivor
[ *  * ]
I'm a sucker for suffering. Gimme one

Inge
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Bowser: Daphne Rudko

Kermit
Member Avatar
eEeEEEeEEEeeEeeeee
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
ADIB YAY SOTFS FIRST ARABIC CHARACTER WAHOOOOOO!

TLDR: Adib was rich and lived in New Orleans but the he got REKT by a hurricane and then got rescued by the terrorists i guess.

aight. I’m surprisingly ok with this for some reason. It’s a fine profile for V1.

SIDENOTE: The mention of a New Orleans hurricane reminded me that Hurricane Katrina has like, a year ago when V1 was going on. Also, 9/11’d been 4 years ago and Kermit was but a wee five-year-old (four-year-old when V1 started). V1 is oooooooooold.

ISLAND: So Adib has one post and he’s killed by another one of his handler’s kids, but like, it’s not a bad post or anything.

Adib walks up behind Hannah Juett, trying to figure out if she’s playing or not. oh also he has a halberd. They talk for a bit and then Adib asks Hannah what her weapon was and SHE LIES NOOOO HANNAH! Hannah says she has a brick (SHE HAS A GUN), and decides not to tell him about the gun until Adib proves himself trustworthy. Hannah opens up her pack to get to her map AND THEN THE BAG FALLS OPEN AND ADIB SEES THE GUN OOOOOOOOOOH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Adib rightfully freaks the fuck out because he thinks Hannah was tricking him and was gonna shoot him and then he’s like “I AM ANGERY RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH” and charges at Hannah and they have a tiff and then Hannah shoots him and Adib is rip in peace.

Conclusion: Adib’s actually pretty alright for a V1 fodder character. His death was a misunderstanding, which was a rarity for V1, and it’s written decently well. Also I’m happy V1’s only Arabic character wasn’t a crazy terrorist man.

While I liked him, I can’t really recommend Adib. He only has one post, which is a oneshot shared with one of his handler’s other kids, and if you want to read him you may as well just read Hannah Juett.

Another! (blessed RNG please more short ones)
"Kermit you are the guy in the horror movie that finds a book bound in human skin and decides to read out loud what is inside for fun" - some mean lady named Ruggahissy

i make art i think????

Inge
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Kermit: Nevera Aero

Aura
Member Avatar
Has seen that which cannot be unseen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I was a little leery of Cole at first since his backstory made him look like a premade killer, and his first thread where he declared himself the reincarnation of Triple H didn't really do much to dissuade that. However, as I read on, I was pleasantly surprised to see the route he took in the game.

Cole meets up with Xian Chun, and the two o hem just kind of hang out and talk about stuff, before getting high and talking about stuff. It's all pretty casual and charming, although I'm still not 100% on the romantic undertones suddenly appearing between the two over the course of one conversation. But all in all, the two of them interacting is a pretty nice read.

They get interrupted by Andrew Klock, and Cole fights him in a pretty good scene. Cole gets beat down for most of the fight until he gets Andrew's machete away from him, and even then he still needs an assist from Xian to drive Andrew away. Cole is severely injured after the fight, and his left arm is pretty much completely shredded, but his death comes when Xian removed the corkscrew that Andrew had jammed through an artery, causing him to bleed out as he kisses her.

For such a short-lived character, I think that Cole does his job well. His story is short and compact, and he gets in a good scene before he goes. I'd give him a recommendation.

Another character, if you please.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Characters

Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

TwelveFourtyFive
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Aura: Amber Phillips

Aura
Member Avatar
Has seen that which cannot be unseen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Amber Phillips' profile describes her as a girl who was born to a prostitute, lived her whole life surrounded by debauchery, and never learned anything resembling a system of values, rendering her completely amoral. In other words, she sounds exactly like the sort of character who will start killing almost immediately.

Would she have done so? We'll never know, because she went inactive immediately after creation, was never posted with, and was killed off by having the terrorists' helicopter fall on top of her when it crashed.

Well, that was a thing.

But yeah, not recommended, since there is literally nothing to follow.

Another character, if you please.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Characters

Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Roleplaying Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply