Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Feeding Coals To The Fire; Choo Choo
Topic Started: Sep 22 2017, 08:10 PM (526 Views)
Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Mains Shaggy Verde
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Rough ideas ahead. Color coding is as follows: Romantic Interest of some sort, Friends, Acquintaces, Adversaries, and then some free styling.

Asante Esiason: Big man on campus...in a more literal sense. While he is the starting center for Hunter High's highly ranked basketball team, he doesn't really use that to play into popularity politics. Asante is more likely to come off as either cold and/or weird, depending on who you talk to, barring some of his teammates of course. He's been a big fan of the Dragon Ball franchise since he was a kid, and generally wears that on his sleeve, and will explain why he feels GT isn't that bad (it is tho). He's into streetwear fashion, even a lot of the stuff on the more "out-there" side of things, and spends a lot of time on how he looks to fit his ideal image.

Scanning for teammates, people who can ask him about power levels, and fans of designer surgical masks. Straight, if you have any romantic ideas.

Asante's profile

Asante's Analysis

Mitzi Vanhanen: Charm! Cross! Uh-Huh, Yeah! Comes from the days of future past to bring back the f u n k/w a v e/l o f i/s w i n g/etc. with her trusty keytar. She likes "aesthetic" music basically. Is a bit of slow learner, which led to her getting held back a grade in her younger years, something which still eats at her anytime she's reminded of it. I'm also thinking of making her a fan of Tabletop games like D&D and Warhammer 40000, though more of something she is introduced and poked to play with her by her friends.

Searching for people who enjoy the same type of music she does and possibly band members, maybe a tutor, and a tabletop party. Lesbian.

Mitzi's Musings

Yuri Kim: Yuri has grown up pretty sheltered. While not overly strict, her parents have generally decided her future for her. As such, they kept a keen eye on her academics and nudged her into becoming part of the student council. Her parents make a lot of money and she generally gets a pretty hefty allowance, more then she knows what to do with. So she gambles with most of it and uses it to help out her with her part-time hobby as a bookie for a circle of sports enthusiasts at school.

Filing for student council members/upper class peeps, poker players, and people who want to say "I have a bookie". Wants to see if she's gay by secretly dating another girl. Biromantic, maybe.

Yuri's Yearbook

Here they are in bebinator form! From left to right: Asante, Mitzi, Yuri
V7 relationship thread! Say hi to my kids!
Super Spoiler God Super Spoiler
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ryuki
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
If Mitzi is going to be a fan of D&D, maybe she and Yuki can play together. Yuki also offers tutoring if she needs it.

Ned is a fan of anime, including Dragonball, so maybe he and Asante will have something to talk about.

It'd be fun to see Yuri and Yuki play a card game and gamble some money.

Mitzi wouldn't appreciate Zach reminding her she got held back, for sure.
Art

Character Concepts

Blastinus
Member Avatar
That's Just Crazy Talk
[ *  *  *  * ]
Reuben Walters would probably want to get in on Mitzi's DnD train as well, so long as the group doesn't mind a guy who's mostly just in it for the plot and wants to run a rogue every game.

Mackenzie Baker would probably get along with Yuri. Not really a card player by nature, but she's got the "life planned out for her" aspect in common, and she also comes from wealth. Besides, Kenzie is the sort to try anything once, so if the card games are fun enough, she's a-okay with checking it out and probably being cheated immensely.
V7 Kids

Fenris
Member Avatar
the consummate paragon
[ *  *  *  * ]
(picks up your children and my children and smashes them together like rag dolls)

Asante: I feel like Ivy would think he's a tragic waste of a cute guy. I don't have any baseball kids but if Asante spends any time with the general Sports Crowd he might know Ian.

Mitzi: (waves Dante vaguely in her direction) (he'd back off easy once he learned she was gay though) Axel's taste in music is pretty far from hers but I've played with the idea of him winding up in a tabletop campaign somewhere so maybe we'll end up somewhere with that.

Yuri: (waves Dante vaguely in her direction, again) Ivy would probably dig her; money goes a long way in her book. Your call on whether or not Yuri tolerates Ivy in return.

it's almost 5 AM so the chances of me missing a good character interaction are high, let me know if you have anything else!
"Well, Fenris, the King of Gossip. We meet again."
v7 kids

the future

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Mains Shaggy Verde
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
@Ryuki: Ned and Asante sound cool. They probably wouldn't be super close since Asante doesn't really watch any other anime or tv shows. Would Zach intentionally or unintentionally bring up the fact Mitzi got held back? Cause that could change some things. I like the idea of Yuki tutoring Mitzi, and maybe she felt like returning the favor by going with her to D&D stuff.

@Blast: Noted. Hopefully Rueben doesn't mind a minstrel going along with them. Yuri probably wouldn't try to take all of Mackenzie's money all at once, but it sounds like it could be interesting since they're both from rich families.

@Fenris: Your kids relationship with Asante sounds good, and Mitzi and Yuri react accordingly to Dante's flirting. I think with Yuri and Ivy, Yuri would try to play sweet, but distant. She might feel a bit suffocated having to deal with her "motherly" attributes and having to see her around all the time (same neighborhood, being forced to go to the country club, etc.), but wouldn't say or do anything about it really if they've known each other since they were kids.

Dr. Adjective
Member Avatar
We've given everything we can,
[ * ]
It is I! Me!

So both my kids are athletic, Akiem would probably get on reasonably well with Asante since he's just generally a friendly and accommodating guy. Sure he thinks he's a little weird, but that's no reason not to be buds! Heather less so, she's working on being less abrasive but Asante seems like the sort of guy she'd have gotten off entirely on the wrong foot with from day one and been on bad terms from then onwards.

Regarding Mitzi, Heather's music might be her style, but she doesn't openly link her real life with her online music persona, so maybe Mitzi's a fan and if so they might communicate quasi-anonymously? I dunno. I've also got a third concept kicking about in my head that might know her via tabletop stuff, may have to get back to you on that one.

Yuri I don't really have much for, unfortunately. Heather does seem to be gathering a lot of admirers lately though, so she might be the target of Yuri's experimental affections? Wouldn't be very well reciprocated though.
V7 Ideas

Posted Image
No no no, you're shakin' it all wrong!

Malloon
Member Avatar
Survivor
[ *  * ]
Joey's on the school council, but he'll find Yuri more interesting for being a bookie, I think. As Trading Places showed, being a bookie is just a step down from working in the stock market, after all (wink wink). He wouldn't gamble himself, but he might poke around, get a handle on her talent, see if he can't find a way to introduce her to the world of finance, all for the sake of being able to call in a few favours in the future.
V6 Character - Benjamin "Squirrel" Lichter [ ~ / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / > ] - You'll find him in the clouds.
Future Characters:
Chloe Bruges - You'll find her doing math.
Joseph "Joey" Quintero - You'll find him writing speaches.
Keith Rogers - You'll find him out with his gang.

In the unlikely event you want to use my characters...

Somersault
Member Avatar
i'm a boss ass bitch (bitch bitch)
[ *  * ]
Well, hello!

Asante:

• So, Keisha probably thinks he's kinda weird, but probably vaguely know each other because sports.

Mitzi:

• Abaynesh might help tutor her and stuff? She also offers food and shit as motivation.

Yuri:

• Janie's also on Student Council, so they might be on okay terms. Yuri might vaguely get the sense that Janie is eventually going to dissolve into a puddle of anger or smth?
  • Kelly and Yuri are both rich Asian girls whose parents try to guide most of their lives, so perhaps they'd be friends? She isn't really into card games, but she might join in on a few because she's like lol why not. She needs a country club squad.
Edited by Somersault, Sep 23 2017, 09:15 PM.
here's my v7 planning thread or whatever
C-H-A-T-T-A-N-O-O-G-A

V7 HERE WE COME

Concepts

Art Thangs

Let Them Fly Free

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Mains Shaggy Verde
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
@Malloon: That could be interesting. I forget to mention this in the post (my b), but Yuri is already looking into finances and wants to study that further in college. But it's still definitely something they can talk about.

@Somersault: For Keisha and Asante, noted! Mitzi would definitely be tempted by the prospect of both getting food and her homework done at the same time. Yuri will scooch away from Janie if she feels she's about to burst, for sure. I think Kelly and Yuri sound like they'd get along just fine, specially to make going to the country club that much easier.

Edit:

@Dr. Adjective (Sorry, I dunno how I missed you): Akiem and Heather's relationship to Asante sounds about right, maybe we could discuss how he and Heather got off on the wrong foot. And that could also be an interesting thing with Heather and Mitzi, though I guess it wouldn't have any effect in the real world.

backslash
Member Avatar
doot doot
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Asante - Andy Silverman is a member of the basketball team (shooting guard) and would be willing to entertain Dragon Ball rambles at times, so buds? Myles Roux is vaguely into anime and doesn't mind out-there fashion but I'm suspecting clashing personalities and social circles here (maybe former weeb friends before Myles ditched the otaku crowd). He and Dolly Upton might appreciate each other's aesthetics from afar from time to time. Astor Maradona would be friendly to him but they don't have a lot of overlapping interests so they're probably not close.

Mitzi - Andy is also a musician and also had to repeat a year of school, so there's some solidarity there even if they're not close. If Mitzi does stuff with miniatures for D&D and 40K, there's another shared hobby. Don't see much for my other three at this point in time, unfortunately hmu in pregame bby

Yuri - Myles probably dislikes Yuri just because she's wealthy and does well in school. An idea with the two of them has actually just struck me, I'll PM you about it. All the rest vary from friendly-but-distant to indifferent right now, probably.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Characters

Others

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Mains Shaggy Verde
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
@backslash: Andy and Asante sound like broskis to me. And the other relationships are noted. He probably wouldn't really care for Myles if he's fake, would have an interest in Dolly but wouldn't say anything since she has a girlfriend, and he and Astor would be pretty chill. And the relationship with my other two chars are also noted. Mitzi wouldn't own any miniatures (too expensive in effect with her musical passions), but they could definitely connect over music and maybe remedial classes. And I'll be waiting for your idea with Myles and Yuri, haha.

backslash
Member Avatar
doot doot
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
...I FORGOT TO PM YOU AGAIN I'M SORRY
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Characters

Others

Aloha
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
I can see Floyd at least trying to talk to Asante about anime, but their tastes (while Floyd knows enough about DBZ, he tends to prefer Love Live kinda shit) and social standings wildly differ. If Asante tends to be quiet and weird, I'd love to see how he deals with Floyd's earnest, oblivious attempts at conversations.

Isra and Mitzi are both musically-inclined, and Isra's an easy enough person to get along with. She's also the type who'd reassure Mitzi about being held back, if she wants that sort of thing.

Yuri and Alison are fellow student councilmembers and run in the same popular/upper class circles, so I can see them at least being close acquaintances. Since they lack any real common interests outside of student council it might be a little cold. Alison might raise a brow at her gambling habits, but wouldn't let that get in the way of their friendship. Yuri's opinion of Alison, however, would depend heavily on her tolerance for vocal conservatism.
Characters

Chat Quotes

Arts!

Open to constructive criticism!

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Mains Shaggy Verde
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
@Aloha: Asante and Floyd seem like a study in contrasts. Asante wouldn't know any other anime series besides DBZ, so they may not have much to connect on, but I can see them being chill. Continuous exposure to Floyd would probably turn Asante into this.

I think Isra and Mitzi would get along great. Especially because of their opinions on school and playing the keyboard/keytar.

Your idea for Yuri and Alison's relationship sounds pretty much right to me. Yuri would maybe try to played mediator if her opinions started getting heated with other members on the student council/rich kids, but otherwise would try to work around the topic.

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Mains Shaggy Verde
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Got Asante's profile done, which should give a better idea of what he's like if you were wondering. It can also be found in the OP above his analysis.

Asante's profile

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · V7 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply