Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
A Desert With Its Life Underground
Topic Started: Sep 14 2017, 02:36 AM (180 Views)
Pancapples
Member Avatar
Has Ten Cats
[ * ]
He could only barely make it out. Turkey vulture, side of the road. At least a half hour since any cars had been by. Plenty of time to gorge itself on the cougar, or deer, or fox, or...

It didn't matter.

Gary's hands were in his face. He sighed again, thumping the back of his head against the Joshua tree. He wiped his tears, planting wet fingers in the desert dust. A bit of sharp rock cut up his palm, but he didn't care. Didn't even feel it, really. He didn’t feel much at all, these days. He didn't mind that.

The vulture flew off. There was a car coming. Gary glanced back, squinting at the headlights. It wasn't a sheriff, and there's no reason a hiker would drive to a goat path on the side of a highway. Not at one in the morning. The car came to a stop, the lights went off. Gary blinked, his eyes widened. His fists clenched. He started to feel. He hated that.

"No." He thought to himself. Cold sand ground between his knuckles. "No, no, no no no." He stood up, staring daggers at the boy in the truck. This was his fault. His fault, and Gary's own, stupid fault. Neither of them should have been there. They didn't deserve to be there.

He pelted his balled-up hoodie toward the windshield, out of spite more than anything. "Why the fuck are you here!?"
Song currently stuck in my head: UNLIMITS - Shinkirō

Characters

V6 (Pregame)

Gary Kwan - "Fuck you." - I-II

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Pancapples
Member Avatar
Has Ten Cats
[ * ]
Calm down. Gary needed to calm down.

That was what always screwed him over, his inability to chill out and just let someone be an asshole. If he had just done that before, this wouldn't be happening. He took a breath, gritted his teeth and moved back to a seated position. He closed his eyes. Breathe in, breathe out. Distract yourself with other thoughts. Laundry, shoes, hiking, exercise, jogging, track...

Isaac did track, too. That was where Gary met him. His fists clenched again.

"Deep breaths. Stay calm." He turned, opening his eyes to look at Isaac again.

"Fuck yourself." He said it calmly. "You know what I mean. I'm out here every night, I've been coming out here every night since I was sixteen." Gary stood up, walking over to Isaac's hood and plucking his hoodie off the windshield.

"I've never seen you out here. Why are you driving through a back-country road at half-past tomorrow?" Pulling the sweater over his head, he placed his off-hand against the truck. He popped his head out of the neck-hole, shaking his hair out of his face and lifting his gaze back up to Isaac. "

Characters

V6 (Pregame)

Pancapples
Member Avatar
Has Ten Cats
[ * ]
Gary blinked. "Ignore the snark. Keep calm."

"Eat a dick." He said, a picture of tranquility. He hadn't heard about any memorial, but he didn't exactly read the paper every morning. It didn't surprise him, they were bound to build one sooner or later. What surprised him was Isaac's involvement. He stretched his neck a bit, leaning on the front fender.

"Could've just told me that from the get-go, really. Could've just said 'Hey Gary, I'm looking for a spot to put a memorial,' instead of 'Hey Gary, remember how much of a fuckface I am?'" He shrugged, pulling up his hood. His ears were cold. "That too much to ask, Isaac?" He let out a sigh.

"What kind of memorial is it." It came out more like a statement than a question. He looked around. This wasn't a great place for a memorial. Too many plants, birds, rocks and things. He turned his head to Isaac in the truck. "And why are you the one scouting for it?" He pulled out his phone, checking the time. "...at one-twelve A.M."

Characters

V6 (Pregame)

Pancapples
Member Avatar
Has Ten Cats
[ * ]
He didn't look away from the landscape. Blinked, twice. Took a deep breath, let out a deep sigh.

"That's good of you." He didn't know what else to say, this was pretty far out of left field coming from Isaac. Gary just assumed Isaac was a bit of a two-dimensional fuckface. Isaac probably thought the same of him. He tilted his head a bit, squinting in the dark. His eyes were still adjusting.

"What kind of memorial is it? Because the ground here is too uneven for anything big, and I doubt you're just nailing a sign to a tree." He took some steps forward, one hand out. The scaly tree bark felt cool against his palm. "Not just that, but the Joshua trunks are fibrous as hell. Nailing things to them can be a bit of a bitch." He turned back to Isaac, leaning back against the Joshua tree.

He was calm now. Actually calm. Didn't take much, in retrospect.

Characters

V6 (Pregame)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · V6 Meanwhile... · Next Topic »
Add Reply