Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
A Desert With Its Life Underground
Topic Started: Sep 14 2017, 02:36 AM (199 Views)
Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
Paige/EP/Plush, they/them pronouns pls thanks :3
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Isaac didn't know why he was here.

There was a lot of stuff Isaac realized he didn't know since everybody disappeared. Disappeared. Comfy word for it. How many times had he wished some of 'em would drop dead and now he couldn't even bring himself to think about what happened in a nice, clear picture? Must be what guilt was like. How the hell did people live with this all the time?

For now he spent a lot of time in his garage working on his new project, and a lot of time out in the desert driving around by himself. It was too hard to be around town. He could feel the looks pouring in on the back of his skull. The pity from people who didn't really know him, and worse the judgement from those that did. Hell, he could practically hear them now: How come all the nice, smart, well-behaved kids got snatched off to die and we're left here with shitty little Isaac Brea to show for it?

Fuck 'em. He didn't owe them anything. He knew where his debt was.

A hoodie crashing against the hood of his truck shook him out of the thought. When had he stopped? Put a pin in that, that was a problem to get back to later. Right this second he just rolled down his window and pinched the bridge of his nose before turning his gaze up to Gary.

"Well Gary, I didn't get the fucking memo that you owned the desert now. My mistake, you just pass me the proper paperwork and I'll be on my way, alright?"
SotF Characters

the highest honor i'll ever achieve

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
What was this guy's problem? 'I've been jerking off in the desert since I was sixteen and I've never seen you out here in the giant fucking wasteland of sand dunes that I've claimed complete dominion over.' Clearly he was on about something, but fuck that, so was everybody so he could take a number. And now he out here throwing hoodies at Isaac's car and shit. Where did he get off?

"Now, I know this is gonna sound crazy," he said nice and slow out the window. "But the desert? It's big. Like, real big. Wiiiiiild big. You wouldn't believe. I mean, obviously you don't, that's why we're having this whole conversation, yeah?"

Isaac sighed and put it in park. "I've been out here every night the last couple weeks. I'm scouting locations for the memorial. The fuck else do you want to hear?"
SotF Characters

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Any other time he would have kept winding him up. He didn't owe Gary shit. He didn't know him, and he didn't have any reason to care about his approval, so he sit on all his fucking questions and rotate for all Isaac cared. Maybe he should have just gunned the engine and left him coughing in the desert. Next time he decided to give him attitude out here he would. Yeah, definitely. But Isaac didn't fuck around about the memorial.

"You know what kind it is." Isaac's voice was quiet and his eyes didn't quite meet Gary's anymore. They were looking past him into the night's sky. "Only one thing anybody's talking about when they say that in Kingman. We both know that."

His hand snatched out to kill the engine and the beams before he'd really thought about it. Just felt natural. Like it wasn't right to talk about it in all the dirt and harsh light. It took him a couple seconds before he continued just above a whisper. "I've been working on something for awhile. Not for any of the news assholes or any idiots crying their eyes out over kids they never even knew. Just...just for them. That's all."
SotF Characters

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · V6 Meanwhile... · Next Topic »
Add Reply