Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Rivers in the Desert
Topic Started: Sep 10 2017, 11:57 AM (6,094 Views)
Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
You know, for all the introspection and thinking Fiyori had done the last few days, one thing had completely escaped her.

It wasn't really important, now, not really. In fact, maybe it was the most inconsequential of all things that mattered. Or maybe it wasn't. Fiyori wasn't so sure about these things. Either way, it was the kind of thing that made, like, super obvious sense in hindsight. The kind of thing that you suddenly realize and wonder why you never thought of it earlier.

Fiyori was different. She was black, a racial minority in Kingman. She was taller than most girls her age - hell, any age. She was a strange laughing creature that caused disgust and bewilderment wherever she went. And to top it off, her eyes had an unusual hue. Blue, and something that marked her - always, everywhere - as an other.

Being other from the others was troubling, wasn't it?

And yet, Fiyori's glasses and the clips in her hair were matching her eye colors.

Hm.

---

The reason why she thought about it, or really, why it came to her mind was a bit simple. There was another batch of announcements. It seemed there were only four people left, Fiyori included. Min-jae survived, which was good. Really, it made her happy. Then there were Nate and Candice. Names for which Fiyori could place faces in her mind. Still, names that surprised her. She couldn't recall meeting either of them, so that was going to be interesting.

Or not.

Fiyori didn't know about that.

Regardless, the announcements had addressed her directly for the first time. And it was scathing to hear. These people, these terrorists - they had observed every single step she had taken these last ten days. They had seen it all. They had heard it all. And yet even they, in their depraved minds and morals couldn't understand what made Fiyori tick.

In the end, she was still the other. Nothing had changed in that regard. For the people in front of the screens, the terrorists and the other three saps she would - alas - forever remain an alien.

Alas? Fiyori halted.

Hm.

No.

Let's try that again.

Finally, Fiyori Senay was a god-fucking alien.

---

"What's up, cunts and gentle-bitches? Fi the Bee in da house!"

Silence answered. Behind Fiyori, the doors to the roof - or from her perspective now, the doors to the inside - feel into the threshold with a loud and metallic bang. She had not expected being the first one. At least, Fiyori was unable to spot anyone on the roof. That was a shame, somehow. She had hoped to make a fashionably late entrance.

Ah well.
Fiyori Senay

Version 7
Version 6
Version 5

ChatShit

My Credentials
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The weight of the gun, as heavy as it was, just now seemed to register with Fiyori. Her arm seemed to drop to the ground, for just a moment, and maybe just in her mind. Fiyori turned around.

There was Nate, and Fiyori didn't raise her gun either.

"Yo."

Fiyori mustered him, and found him to be in a shoddy condition. Not a surprise, of course. They all were in some shoddy conditions, more or less.

Or were they? She didn't really know about Candice, but Fiyori supposed she would see that soon enough.

Anyway, she continued to stare at him for a few seconds more. Couldn't help but smile a little seeing him. She didn't remember him being so small. Not even compared to her.

Fiyori faced away again, and set in motion.

"Come, away from the door."

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The roof was quite big. Fiyori realized that this was the first time that she was on the roof itself. All the other times, she might have seen it from below or from afar, but that could not really count as 'seeing' it. So she had always needed to use her imagination, when the topic of the roof came up somehow. Not that it came up often, but still, as a matter of fact she had to use her creativity.

And the roof was big. Somehow, bigger than she anticipated, but also smaller. Did that make any sense? Likely not, but Fiyori didn't give a fuck.

Regardless, the cover opportunities on the roof were somewhat lacking. That was bad, she guessed. The little cover there was, was mostly a matter of sitting at the right angles and not getting looked at from the wrong angles. Not very reliable, but that was how it was.

In fact, she had already spotted a figure in the distance. Given the lack of brooding that figure partook in, Fiyori reasoned that she had just spotted Candice.

She wasn't really in the mood to talk to Candice though. If she was lucky, Min-jae would appear and distract her, and her him, for a while.

Fiyori's little walk stopped. A few strands of hair were played with as the wind flew over the asylum. She turned around, confirming that the steps she heard behind were Nate's. The two of them had reached the edge of the roof. From then on, every stop forward would be a step downward. And with a good enough chance, the last step they would take.

So instead she sat down, feet dangling freely and all. She noted the coldness of the ground, and patted the spot next to her free of dirt.

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
There were a few seconds that passed. Fiyori thought of what she could say in response, and came up with a few variants. Her eyes mustered the horizon, and the waves on the sea.

“Aren’t you going to try and kill me?”

Is what she eventually settled on. Word for word, the same question Nate had asked. Her voice betrayed not a single ounce of ridicule of mockery in her intention, because in the end, there was none of that. It was a sincere question. It just happened to be exactly the same as Nate's,

"You haven't seen fit to kill anyone yet..."

She waited a moment. Waited for something to trigger. Waited for the loud flash and for everything to fall dark. Nothing of that sort happened.

"...and you don't seem to change your mind anytime soon either."

Fiyori turned her head around to Nate. She gestured at the place next to her again.

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Fiyori's palm extended to her chin, which she began to scratch. The other played drums with her left temple. She wondered why her face was so unusually wet.

"When I was, four or five years old, or maybe younger, Ma and Pa took me and went on a trip. Somewhere sad and cold, I think. Washington, got an old friend of the family living there."

She paused talking for a moment, scanning the horizon for nothing in particular.

"Well, no. At that point he wasn't living there. Because he was dead you know. Don't what it was, but Pa said there was a big funeral or something. Really formal event, had to wear some dumb... uh, yea, some dumb pant suit. But, for children."

Fiyori paused again, this time she chuckled for herself. The image of a tiny Fiyori waddling about in some Angela Merkel cosplay was funny. Even if the reality of it wasn't the hilarity Fiyori imagined.

"So yea, we were there, in that pretty church up north in our pretty clothes. Anyway, while everyone was wailing or crying or something, I felt a bit different. A bit more poopy, if you get me. So, I was like, I need to go poop. I said that to my parents. And they were like, of course! You have to go poop, you go poop. So they showed me the toiled and I was a big girl so I went all alone.

"Then there I was, in that bathroom. I finished my business, and then started wiping. And now we get to the good part. I was wiping, and suddenly the piece of toiler paper wasn't there anymore. Like, you have to imagine. You're standing there, minding your own shit and suddenly you're lacking the paper you just held a moment ago. And you're like, 'what the fuck', because you were so sure you just held it but then you didn't. And it wasn't in the toilet. For a moment I was afraid it slipped into a leg of pants or anything while they were down, but that wasn't true either. Looked over the floor, didn't find it there.

"Really strange, I tell you. Fucked with my mind hard. For years I was puzzled about that piece of toilet paper that just vanished."

Fiyori rocked back and forth a very little. Her hands had returned to rest on her pants - also suspiciously wet - and she studied the dirt under her finger nails absentmindedly.

"I'd had hoped there was a point to this story. I think it's safe to say that there isn't."

Finally, Fiyori turned her head to look at Nate.

"I don't want to go home. I want more.

"Nate, do you?"

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
That was a curiosity. Now that Nate had talked, Fiyori suddenly realized that there was a point to her story after all. Had there been a grand award show after all this over, Fiyori would've had to mention Nate in her acceptance speech. Whatever it was that she accepted.

Fiyori flashed a smile - to no-one in particular, but dedicated to Nate - but then put a grim mask on her own face. This was about to be a very serious moment.

"You know, maybe you're just putting yourself under a lot of stress? You talk about 'deserving' things, and 'dying for nothing', and I feel like that's just making your life harder than it needs be."

She put her finger at her lips, nibbled on the nails a bit, sucking the droplets of water in. It spontaneously occurred to her that it was raining, which was why she was getting wet all over the place. The shock of that realization nearly made her forget what she wanted to say, but Fiyori caught herself.

"You want to go home. But also, you want to not kill someone."

Her hand instinctively raised and went behind Nate's back. Almost, she would have patted him on the back but perhaps he would consider that rude.

"So, the question ain't what should be, but rather: what d'ya want to do... more?"

She allowed herself a look over the shoulder. There, in the semi-distance, she could spot the other two half-corpses. She wondered.

Then, she rose to her feet.

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ah, so they noticed Fiyori. At least, Min-jae did. Took him a good while. It was an interesting sight to behold. Even in the face of death, it took Min-jae forever to rose to his feet. Didn't care about shit-all, and the thing that ended up getting him on his feet was a gun and - Fiyori speculated a bit vainly - being very passionate about a special someone.

Honestly, in that moment Fiyori felt very 'me too thanks' about this whole thing.

Fiyori took the important matters into her own hands. By that, she meant she took her gun and flicked the safety off. It's barrel still pointed at the ground, of course. No need for an accidental discharge. Fiyori ain't no boy of fifteen years anymore. Never was but aside from that, she had no intention to kill someone accidentally anyway.

Her bag fell to the ground, splashing some water. She wouldn't need it anymore.

"Min-jae."

And, come to think of it...

"Candice. Don't think we've had the pleasure yet."

Maybe. Fiyori really wasn't sure about that one. Two weeks on hell island, blood loss and a fuckton of pain meds did wonders about your mental capacities. Wonder, in the sense of 'wondering where they all went'. Anyway, Fiyori stopped moving.

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
When the terrorists had announced the finale of their little game, only two of the four names very familiar to Fiyori. Her own, of course, and Min-jae's. Both Nate and Candice were unknown factors. Perhaps, or maybe, or possible had she been in contact with them prior to Survival of the Fittest. Back when they were just normal students.

But that was true for Min-jae too, and look where that went.

So above all and else, Fiyori had hoped to have a little chat with Nate and Candice before things went downhill. Get to know them because things got dark. Nate was interesting. But Candice seemed boring. Never heard of her in the announcement, never met someone who talked about her. And from what Fiyori could see, Candice was even unable to decide whether to shoot half-dead half-wit Min-jae.

Candice was, essentially, an empty book. Full of blank pages. And as such, nothing to read between the lines.

But here they were, Min-jae shooting at Fiyori as a Min-jae ought to do and Candice chose differently. Instead of freezing or fighting back, Candice thought that Min-jae's target was more of an issue than Min-jae himself. Honestly, Fiyori felt very attacked.

Candice did not start the fire. But Fiyori learned how to do it.

When Fiyori raised her own weapon, she meant to aim at Jae. But then her eyes locked with Candice's, and that was now how things would do.

She pulled the trigger.

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
It occurred to Fiyori - really, just in a flash of time - that she had maybe made some mistaken assumptions. About Candice, and a bit about Jae. Given what the terrorists said about Candice, Fiyori wouldn't have thought her to be the type, but maybe Candice was teaming up with Min-jae.

She could see him shuffling away like the useless goth zombie he was. The part of her mind that still made sense told her to go after him, but the other parts disagreed. So did her body.

Another shot filled the air and this time it overwhelmed Fiyori's senses. Her eyes spun around and her feelings for what is up and what is down got mixed up for a moment. Then, a second passed, and she realized that it wasn't her weapon that made that sound.

But alas, that was a miss.

Fiyori's next shot would not.

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The steps between Fiyori and Candice drew to a close. It was not - for better or worse - without a sense of pity, that Fiyori realised that Candices last moment of glory would amount to nothing after all.

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
It had been decided, of course. Fiyori knew that. Rather, she realized that. She realized that when once again she would feel dizzy. When once again her eyes would lose all sense of the world and her up was down and her down was somewhere at the side. Her sides. She was shot in her fucking sides.

Fiyori stumbled, right into her. Or around her. She fell against Candice, her head leaning on the other girl's shoulder. Pressure built up within Fiyori. Her gun dropped somewhere on the floor. Her arms wrapped around Candice. Her palms could feel a fleshy hole torn into Candice's back. Blood splattered on the ground, most of it at least, as Fiyori vomited it out.

At some point, she stumbled back again. Fiyori could not help it, but feel as if there was a certain something missing from this while situation.

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
And with that, was it over? No, no it was not over. Far from it. The shots of Fiyori's gun might have pierced Candice's guts, and the girl might have expired and slumped to the ground, but it was still far from over.

Fiyori kneeled over. Her glasses finally broke free, and dropped on the fresh corpse of Candice. She wasn't sure whether it was her owns or Candice's, but the blood on Fiyori's hand trickled down. Her palm reached for Candice's face, grasped it. She held tight unto it, and then she held tighter, and tighter. It was still so warm, so fresh, so new and yet she held tighter and tighter, and when the skull did not give way to her grip, Fiyori screamed.

She let go of her face, but Fiyori did not let go of Candice. One after the another, a fist landed on her lifeless body. Again, and again, and again it was how it always was. Fiyori was the monster. Even though Jae did not aim at Candice, it should've been logical for her opponent to return fire. Instead, it was her call to turn around and shoot at Fiyori as well.

What kind of person was she that people acted like that? What kind of person was she that they were right?

Her ire did not flow away with the fists. Instead it was rising higher and higher. All of her body itched to rise and find Jae and take his eyes and gouge them out of his eyes and then Fiyori rose to her feet and...

...it was, again, faded away. All the anger, gone like in an instance. So soon, huh?

She collected her gun, and leaned against the door.

As it stood now, she noticed two wounds in her body. She might have missed one, or miscounted somehow but it felt like she was correct about that. Surprisingly, it did not hurt in the way she expected it. It was there. Just there, and present, and somehow floating in her mind but the sensation was not searing or anything like that. She looked around.

Fiyori was positioned directly at a door. It connected to a small room in which was a staircase. There were more of these doors, and the one Fiyori was at the moment was not the one with which she entered the roof. Fiyori speculated that when Jae shuffled off, he chose the route around the corner. She had expected him to show his face now, but apparently he was retreating further or hiding.

She observed the roof a bit further. Most of the area was flat. There were the staircases, of course, which were one factor blocking the view. As you went away from the center, you'd notice the sharp decline at the edges of the roof. It's tiles were some sort of brown hue. Fiyori had noticed a strong mossy growth earlier already. Might not've been a 90 degree angle, but if you stepped on it you might as well slide and fall down anyway.

The rain was growing stronger. With the wind howling and the torrents going on, it was both hard to see and hard to hear.

Perhaps she would have used her glasses for this. But where Fiyori was going, she would not need them.

In a moment.

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
That was Fiyori's first real injury, now that she thought about it. Two shots to the torso. Hit something, something important. Now she got blood all over her goddamn shit. All over it. And the worst of it was the pain. No, not that it was there. But the fact that it wasn't.

Oh you got shot? How you feeling?

Oh just a bit damp and dense down there.

Oh fucking no. Why was it like this? Where was the pain? Where were these sensations she had promised herself? How could she. How could she feel hatred, anger or anything at this point if even two bullets to the meat got just a bit of an ache out of her. Unfair. Terrible. Absolutely gorgeous.

Fiyori scratched the scar in her face. It opened a bit, blood trickling out, accompanied by a shudder ascending Fiyori's spine. How'd she got that scar again? It was a bit ago... it was, maybe in the kitchen. There was a cafeteria. There was a kitchen, so yea. That was it. A knife. She got it from... a knife. In the kitchen. Back then.

Fiyori straightened her back.

"Jae..."

Soon, she had found embrace. Her arms wrapped around Min-jae, with the tender love and care that he so deserved.

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Fiyori didn't have a plan. If she had one, it would've been all according to it. Well, not all of it. Most of it. The most that mattered. Fiyori didn't care too much about that detail. Couldn't care. Not with Jae sinking his teeth into her right biceps.

She let out a cry of pain, that was drowned as fast by the rain as it rose from her throat.

Jae was tightly embraced by her, but that was good for nothing. They both tumbled, and fell backwards. Her nose got close to Jae's hair. Too close. She took a sniff. Then she freed her left arm. Reached for his face with her fist closed. As much force as she could muster trying to punch someone from behind, she hit.

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Min-Jae thought that yanking at Fiyori's hair was a great idea. It was a good idea! In fact, Fiyori thought it was the best. She'd have clapped if her hands weren't busy with what they were busy with. A moment ago, that 'busy' was punching Jae in the face. Now, her left hand was searching something else. Something more southern, so to say.

If he wanted to yank at her, she got to yank at him. Good deal, no?

Alas, her arm wasn't long enough. Not long enough to get down there from behind. Her leg did manage to get between his two.

That would suffice.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The Rooftop · Next Topic »
Add Reply