Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
V7 Questions Game!; i almost wrote snatch game. this is not that
Topic Started: Sep 9 2017, 05:34 PM (2,127 Views)
CrossbowPig
Member Avatar
CBP
[ *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

Question: If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you be?

Violet: Uh... oh, I got one! Um, I think I'd like to go to Japan. A lot of games I like are made there, plus, like, Shintoism is pretty neat. Yeah! Yeah?
Yeah.

Lucas: Somewhere far away from here. Maybe the Chernobyl exclusion zone, or something.

Max: The White House.

Question: If a trolley was heading towards a group of five people tied to the tracks, and the only way to save those people was to pull the lever you happen to be standing next to and divert the trolley onto a set of tracks with just one person tied to them, would you pull the lever?
~~~~~ Creativity's Burning Pyre ~~~~~

NOW: V7

DEAD: V6

MAYBE: V?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CrossbowPig
Member Avatar
CBP
[ *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

Question: You can take one object in your room with you on a foot journey across the state of Tennessee. What would you bring, and why? (No money/currency allowed)

Violet: Um... I guess I'd probably take my blanket, so that I could sleep in warmth, but then again it does get kinda hot over here. What time of year is it? I mean, my answer probably still doesn't change because, that's, um, cheating? But I think that, yeah, I'd take the blanket.

Max: Baseball bat. Self defense.

Lucas: Well, this all really comes down to how I plan to spend my days. If I spend my days begging for money, then I'd probably just take a big bottle of water with me so that I don't get dehydrated from sitting around in the sun. However, I'm probably going to be moving around at night and taking shelter on the edges of town, so I can rummage through some garbage anyways. In that case, I'd more likely take my flashlight so that I can see in the dark and get moving if I need to. I'd have to score some water somewhere else, but I think I could manage.

...I could bring a...

...but I don't keep those in my room.

Question: You are locked in a room with your greatest fear. You have two hours to get rid of it, whatever this means to you, or else it will consume you. How do you fare?

CrossbowPig
Member Avatar
CBP
[ *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

Question: Of all the books you've had to read for school, did you have a particular fondness for any of them? What's your favorite?

Violet: I liked reading Macbeth, in, uhm, tenth, tenth grade? It was very good, and I liked the whole witchy angle, even if it was technically, ah, erm, wrong, in a few senses, right? Problematic, you could say. But, hmm. Yeah? It was good.

Max: We read The Communist Manifesto in a political theory class I took last year. I had already read it a few times, of course, but reading it in that class, in that context? Priceless.

Lucas: ...do you want the long answer, or the short answer?

Long answer, please.

Alright. When I was in eighth grade, my English teacher made us read a book called The House on Mango Street, by an author named Sandra Cisneros. If you haven't read the book, it's a series of vignettes about a teenage latina girl living with her family in the poor part of a city, and it deals with problems like womanhood, and what it's like being an immigrant, and things like that. Being a series of vignettes, it's all over the place in terms of narrative, and each one is like, only a few pages long, for the most part, right? So the class, at that point, hated the book, almost universally. Myself included! We all tore into it whenever the class came up, in that month! I can't lie, I was one of the most vocal detractors. I might've even written my essay about how bad it was, it was just intolerably bad.

But as time went on, it kind of, eh, grew on me, would you say? I was inspired to write my next novel - no, you can't read it, and I know you didn't ask - out of order, though not in vignettes, in part because of that book. The House on Mango Street also, like it or not, opened me up to stories told in a more unconventional fashion, if only to see how they did it better than Cisneros did. When Milo read it for his class - he went to the same school as me, of course - he ragged on it the same way, but I found that I had taken a liking to the, I guess, lack of things happening. It's like Seinfeld, except I've never really seen Seinfeld, but I do know that Seinfeld is supposed to be funny, and Mango Street generally isn't funny. What I mean is that it's like Seinfeld in that there isn't really a plot, or really a central focus. It's a book about nothing, but it's really about the characters, I suppose.

And then they stopped teaching it, the year after Milo finished middle school. Now, nobody has the chance to have the same revelation I did.

Such a shame.

Question: What's your favorite genre or style of music? Favorite artists within said genres?

CrossbowPig
Member Avatar
CBP
[ *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

What's a major fear that you have that you're pretty sure isn't a fear for anyone you know?

Violet: Well...I do really hate being touched. It's, um, a childhood thing. Am I afraid of it? I guess?

Lucas: I've got pretty common fears. I'm afraid of what happens when you die, for one. But I have - well, it used to be worse - I have a fear of people lying to me on a really, really big scale. Like, I had this whole phase where I was obsessed with what others thought of me to the degree that it ruined several friendships I had, and I'd lose many, many hours of sleep over it. Pulled out more than a few tufts of hair. I'm a little over it now. I hide the worst parts.

Well, that, and also running out of... well, do I need to say it?

Max: I'm terribly afraid of the possibility of turning into that which I despise. The day I utter a word in favor of leftist politics and ideals will be the day that I have truly died, no matter how fast my heart beats in my chest.

Question: Do you plan on going to college? If so, where?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Roleplaying Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply