Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
V7 Questions Game!; i almost wrote snatch game. this is not that
Topic Started: Sep 9 2017, 05:34 PM (1,590 Views)
Zetsumodernista
Member Avatar
escaping the real world to face reality
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Aoi: Whichever is most useful. Whichever would solve disease, world hunger, global warming, or whatever. Or maybe a keystone species whose extinction resulted in ecosystem collapse.

Megan: Aww, I can only pick one? ;-; Hmmm, well, since the universe is like infinitely huge, it probably contains alien fauna, so can I pick something like that? If so, I'd go with a powerful benevolent race of intelligent beings that went extinct through tragic circumstances, and also look like puppies. If not...uh, mammoth, maybe? Maybe dinosaurs are cooler, but I feel kinda guilty about what we did to the mammoths.

If you could be somebody else, who would you be?
dear god dear god tinkle tinkle hoy

G056: Asuka Takahara: The one who can out-pretentious them all.
- Memories: 1
- Pregame: 1
- V6: 1-2
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Blastinus
Member Avatar
That's Just Crazy Talk
[ *  *  *  * ]
Zetsumodernista
Oct 10 2017, 04:27 PM
If you could be somebody else, who would you be?
Reuben: Probably Superman. I've always wanted to fly, and I could be super fast, invulnerable, and I'd be way smarter than him. No flying straight at people like a dumb brick. It's super speed all the way. Most people when they want to be a superhero, they want to be Batman, but let's be real here. His life is miserable, his city is crappy, and the guy's clearly nuts. Who'd actually want to be Batman? Is it because he's rich? Superman can just crush coal into diamonds and be rich in seconds! Or even- (this goes on for a while)

Jeff: Well, I'd want to be my own man, of course, but if I could be a famous quarterback like Tom Brady...That's my dream, you know? Not to be Tom Brady, but I mean, to be a famous QB. Top-tier talent with a six-figure salary. Set for life.

Kenzie: Oprah, of course! She's fashionable, she's famous, she's beautiful, and everyone looks up to her! If I had my own show, my own magazine...Oh, that would be a dream come true!

Sarah: What, and give up on the life I already have? Not a chance!

Question: Do you know any good jokes?
V7 Kids

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

Question: Do you know any good jokes?

Justin: A fat man and a skinny man go jogging. The skinny man runs in short bursts, the fat man runs in burst shorts!

Cheridene: So like, there's this guy, and he comes home to find a note on the refrigerator that says- oh, the note is from his wife, okay? So he finds a note on the fridge that's all like 'This isn't working. I'm at my mother's house.' So the man opens the fridge and the light comes on, so he says to himself, 'what the fuck man? The fridge is working fine!'

Wyatt: If only Africa had more mosquito nets, then every year we could save millions of mosquitoes from dying needlessly of AIDS.

Question: Quick, run, terrorists are going to kidnap your class and make you fight to death on an island! Who's your battle buddy, the one person you can depend on the most?
V6 Tributes

Spoilers, Ricky didn't win V5

Things We Say

Brackie
Member Avatar
i love him, i love him, i love him, i love him
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

Question: Quick, run, terrorists are going to kidnap your class and make you fight to death on an island! Who's your battle buddy, the one person you can depend on the most?

Gaelan: Dude, Heather would drop a fool. Either that or I'll just grab Laurie and she can stank-face everyone else to death.

Jiji: I'd choose Gyu-ri. I'm not battling against my own sister, that's pretty deranged.

Jordan: Oh, so SOTF. How morbid. Your parents must be ashamed of you.

...Val or Demetri.

Mikki: Shit, I can't choose between Forrest or Charelle. That's like choosing between my lizards, I can't let any of them die. They'd both have to be there with me. So fuck your rules, l-o-l.

Kayden: BLAISE DE FUCKIN ARAMITZ, GURL, BLAISE DE FUCKIN ARAMITZ.

Question: You've just got a new RV that could take you from the tip of Alaska to Cape Horn in Chile, and get to fill it with a bunch of your friends. Who do you take, but more importantly, where do you go in it?
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I can't sing but I wrote you a song

Wrong notes but the melody's so clear

When I'm lost, I'm still close to gold

cause I found my treasure in you

Aloha
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

You've just got a new RV that could take you from the tip of Alaska to Cape Horn in Chile, and get to fill it with a bunch of your friends. Who do you take, but more importantly, where do you go in it?

Alison - “Blake, Max, Ivy, and Gyu-ri. As for where...hm. Perhaps Washington D.C.? A field trip to our nation’s capital seems fun.”

Nate - “Oh man, this is a little hard...maybe go to California with a couple of friends, like maybe Kelly, Lucas, Ariana, Beryl, and Hel? Or maybe the Pacific Northwest, cause I’ve never been and it seems super nice…”

Isra - “BEYOND HUMAN IS GOING ON TOUR BABY!”

Floyd - “There’s no, like, bridge to Asia yet, right? Cause at first I wanted to take the anime club to Japan...I might take my brothers somewhere instead, but I dunno where.”

Teddy - “I’m gonna load that RV up with every single member of the Gay-Straight Alliance and get us the hell out of Tennessee.”

Question: What’s your fursona spirit animal?
Characters

Chat Quotes

Arts!

Open to constructive criticism!

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

Question: What’s your fursona spirit animal?

Wyatt: How about this - "Question: What prompted you to ask this shit question, you fucking queer?" You want me to say that I should dress up as a raccoon or some shit and go fuck my equally faggoty friends? Well, fuck that.

... Huh? 'Choo say, Bret?

Oh. I guess it'd be a horse or something. Not a fucking pony but like, one of the Budweiser horses, the fuckin' huge ones. Big, strong, never give up, that sort of thing.

Justin: Huh. That's actually a really tough question for me because I can't think of myself as anything other than, like, a person. ... Maybe like, a trout? Sometimes you just gotta go where life takes you, and enjoy the ride. Own your stream, make it yours, and enjoy the ride as it takes you on your course!

Cheridene: Gazelle. Definitely a gazelle. Did I answer that too fast? It's just... me, man.

Question: Of all the books you've had to read for school, did you have a particular fondness for any of them? What's your favorite?
V6 Tributes

Spoilers, Ricky didn't win V5

Things We Say

CrossbowPig
Member Avatar
Icon!
[ *  *  * ]
Quote:

Question: Of all the books you've had to read for school, did you have a particular fondness for any of them? What's your favorite?

Violet: I liked reading Macbeth, in, uhm, tenth, tenth grade? It was very good, and I liked the whole witchy angle, even if it was technically, ah, erm, wrong, in a few senses, right? Problematic, you could say. But, hmm. Yeah? It was good.

Max: We read The Communist Manifesto in a political theory class I took last year. I had already read it a few times, of course, but reading it in that class, in that context? Priceless.

Lucas: ...do you want the long answer, or the short answer?

Long answer, please.

Alright. When I was in eighth grade, my English teacher made us read a book called The House on Mango Street, by an author named Sandra Cisneros. If you haven't read the book, it's a series of vignettes about a teenage latina girl living with her family in the poor part of a city, and it deals with problems like womanhood, and what it's like being an immigrant, and things like that. Being a series of vignettes, it's all over the place in terms of narrative, and each one is like, only a few pages long, for the most part, right? So the class, at that point, hated the book, almost universally. Myself included! We all tore into it whenever the class came up, in that month! I can't lie, I was one of the most vocal detractors. I might've even written my essay about how bad it was, it was just intolerably bad.

But as time went on, it kind of, eh, grew on me, would you say? I was inspired to write my next novel - no, you can't read it, and I know you didn't ask - out of order, though not in vignettes, in part because of that book. The House on Mango Street also, like it or not, opened me up to stories told in a more unconventional fashion, if only to see how they did it better than Cisneros did. When Milo read it for his class - he went to the same school as me, of course - he ragged on it the same way, but I found that I had taken a liking to the, I guess, lack of things happening. It's like Seinfeld, except I've never really seen Seinfeld, but I do know that Seinfeld is supposed to be funny, and Mango Street generally isn't funny. What I mean is that it's like Seinfeld in that there isn't really a plot, or really a central focus. It's a book about nothing, but it's really about the characters, I suppose.

And then they stopped teaching it, the year after Milo finished middle school. Now, nobody has the chance to have the same revelation I did.

Such a shame.

Question: What's your favorite genre or style of music? Favorite artists within said genres?
~~~~~ "We were wrecks before we crashed into each other."

NOW: V7

SOON: V7

DEAD: V6

MAYBE: V?

Ryuki
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Quote:

Question: What's your favorite genre or style of music? Favorite artists within said genres?

Ned: I don't really have a preference in music, but if I had to choose, I'd say J-Pop. I can thank anime for that.

Yuki: I'm mostly partial to classical, but I also have a soft spot for pop songs.

Zach: Hard rock of course! AC DC and Van Halen rule!

Question: What's the worst movie you have ever seen?
Edited by Ryuki, Oct 15 2017, 08:35 AM.
Art

Character Concepts

Malloon
Member Avatar
Survivor
[ *  * ]
Chloe: Twilight. I know, it's not very original, but I don't watch movies a lot. And if I do, I tend to stick to the ones I know I'll enjoy - I don't like to waste my time on things that'll disappoint me. But I saw Twilight once one summer evening, when I had the flu and there was nothing else on. And yes, it was awful, the worst film I've seen to date. But compared to what I had expected... it wasn't that bad. It was just bland. And boring.

Joey: Hm. I'm going to have to go with "Son of the Mask". I enjoyed the heck out of the first movie, but the second one, well, I felt violated, sort of. I just couldn't get through it. And I'm not going to talk about it, though I will say this: "Trainspotters" only had the second most scary baby on screen, and "Son of the Mask" did it by accident. That's how bad it is.

Same deal as before.

Question: What's your favorite quote?
V6 Character - Benjamin "Squirrel" Lichter [ ~ / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / > ] - You'll find him in the clouds.
Future Characters:
Chloe Bruges - You'll find her doing math.
Joseph "Joey" Quintero - You'll find him writing speaches.
Keith Rogers - You'll find him out with his gang.

In the unlikely event you want to use my characters...

TheLordOfAwesome
Member Avatar
Survivor
[ *  * ]
Malloon
Oct 15 2017, 12:16 PM
Question: What's your favorite quote?
Sierra:: Well, there is one quote that I like. It was from saint, or something. I don't know. My dad use to say it to me when I would get frustrated during archery when I was starting out. I think it went something like "Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best."

Lucas: Ah, shit, there are so many good ones! This is going to bug me all damn day when I give my answer because I'll probably think of a better one. Hmm, I think I'll go with a quote from the great Orson Welles. *clears throat* "'Be of good heart,' cry the dead artists out of the living past. 'Our songs will all be silenced, but what of it? Go on singing.'"

Question: You are the villain of a horror film franchise, what is your gimmick?
V7 Charcters

Espi
Member Avatar
Death By Truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Katja: Classic psycho-with-a-stabby-thing is too easy. I'd make them think they did something wrong, then make bad things happen to them until they tried to repent. Then I'd make it worse. That's pretty evil, I think.

Robin: I suppose if it was me trying to be evil and/or murderous, perhaps I could trap my victims in a non-euclidean space full of traps and they'd have to escape. Maybe I could have a mic where I give them inconsistently helpful advice, so sometimes I guide them and sometimes what I tell them will get them killed. Or, is that too personal?

Time, practicality and money are no object; what would your perfect Halloween costume be?
V5: Cut Short

V6: Broken Down

V7: Unprepared

Zetsumodernista
Member Avatar
escaping the real world to face reality
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Aoi: ...what are you doing with your life?

Megan: *tilts head* San! Like, the wolf girl from Princess Mononoke! I'd say Kiki or Naoko from The Wind Rises but...um, those seem a little too easy given the parameters? Sorry for munchkining...

Dustin: Nietzsche? Or maybe, like, a beat poet or something.

What's a major fear that you have that you're pretty sure isn't a fear for anyone you know?
dear god dear god tinkle tinkle hoy

G056: Asuka Takahara: The one who can out-pretentious them all.
- Memories: 1
- Pregame: 1
- V6: 1-2

CrossbowPig
Member Avatar
Icon!
[ *  *  * ]
Quote:

What's a major fear that you have that you're pretty sure isn't a fear for anyone you know?

Violet: Well...I do really hate being touched. It's, um, a childhood thing. Am I afraid of it? I guess?

Lucas: I've got pretty common fears. I'm afraid of what happens when you die, for one. But I have - well, it used to be worse - I have a fear of people lying to me on a really, really big scale. Like, I had this whole phase where I was obsessed with what others thought of me to the degree that it ruined several friendships I had, and I'd lose many, many hours of sleep over it. Pulled out more than a few tufts of hair. I'm a little over it now. I hide the worst parts.

Well, that, and also running out of... well, do I need to say it?

Max: I'm terribly afraid of the possibility of turning into that which I despise. The day I utter a word in favor of leftist politics and ideals will be the day that I have truly died, no matter how fast my heart beats in my chest.

Question: Do you plan on going to college? If so, where?
~~~~~ "We were wrecks before we crashed into each other."

NOW: V7

SOON: V7

DEAD: V6

MAYBE: V?

TheLordOfAwesome
Member Avatar
Survivor
[ *  * ]
Quote:

Question: Do you plan on going to college? If so, where?

Sierra: I... uh... haven't really thought about it. I guess the public university here in Chattanooga is fine enough. So maybe I'll go there if I decide to go to college.

Lucas: I've considered going to film school. The closest is the Arts Institutes in Nashville, so maybe there? Then again, some really good filmmakers never went to film school so maybe I won't either!

Question: What is one thing that you would like to change about the world?
Edited by TheLordOfAwesome, Oct 24 2017, 10:58 AM.
V7 Charcters

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

Question: What is one thing that you would like to change about the world?

Roxie- If you ask me? I think most problems in the world come from simply not accepting things that are different. Like, most of my leg is gone, my idea of a nice Christmas is less "wait for Santa" and more "let's go eat at the Asian buffet," I like spooky stuff, I chow down on waffles like a pro, and I think retro 80s and 90s stuff is cool. Am I harming anyone? No! It sucks, because that's how stupid prejudice happens. Like, "I hate dogs so people who like dogs suck," or even worse, something like, say, racism or sexism. Not cool, yeah? And then people think they're weird or uncool or whatever, and they feel bad. If people were even just, like, ten percent more accepting of harmless differences that don't effect them? I think we'd eliminate a ton of pain in the world. Just me, though.

Bree- So, animal abuse. People abuse is bad, too, but in a way, animal abuse can be worse. I think it's because half of the time, they don't even have a good way of fighting back that we can't do something about. I already mentioned the super-gross cook-and-eat-fish alive thing, but let's face it, animals deserve better. Again, I'm not PETA, I eat meat, but we need to do better. And it's pretty bad, because we put whales into giant fishtanks where they lose their shit just so we can be entertained, we pollute, and all this nasty nasty crap, and yeah, I'm glad we're dealing with all that. But what I also hate is that we only care when they're cute. Do you know what's happening with coral? It's been depleting rapidly, and many habitats are going away. It's awful. So, I guess that's my answer? People caring more about animals in general, and not just the ones we like or the ones we can use, basically.

Question: Happy Halloween! What did you do for it last year?
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.
Bree Jones- "I'm not exaggerating when I say that my fish are smarter."
Roxanne "Roxie" Borowski- "Next video? Oh man, tons of ideas, dude. Lemme get the makeup for that."

In Loving Memory

Humiliating things I caught you guys saying

Kami's Promise for v6 (doing this again)

Posted Image

Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V6. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Roleplaying Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply