Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
V7 Questions Game!; i almost wrote snatch game. this is not that
Topic Started: Sep 9 2017, 05:34 PM (1,581 Views)
Aloha
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

If a trolley was heading towards a group of five people tied to the tracks, and the only way to save those people was to pull the lever you happen to be standing next to and divert the trolley onto a set of tracks with just one person tied to them, would you pull the lever?

Alison - “Well, that’s a little...extreme, but wouldn’t it be obvious to spare the most people?”

Nate - “Man, I’d break down if put in charge of people’s lives like that. But thinking objectively, I’d choose to pull the lever.”

Isra - “Depends on who they are. Like, there’s a difference between a whole stranger versus my friends than, say, a friend versus five strangers.”

Floyd - “I...honestly don’t know. Honestly, thinking about this makes me real uncomfortable...”

Teddy - “I can’t answer seriously because all I can think of are the memes.”

Question: What’s the last song that got stuck in your head?
Characters

Chat Quotes

Arts!

Open to constructive criticism!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Malloon
Member Avatar
Survivor
[ *  * ]
Quote:

Question: What's the last song that got stuck in your head?

Chloe: "Oh, uh, well that's not something that sticks with me, really. Though I guess... sometimes I get bad songs stuck in my head just because they're omnipresent, but I try to ignore them by distracting myself. And I forget about them after they disappear off the charts. The only one I can remember the name of is 'Scream and Shout'. You know, with 'Will.i.am and Britney biiiatch'.

"And now it's in my head again. Gah! I hate that song."

Joey: "Oh God! Please don't make me answer this! This can only lead to madness, you know that!

"Well, if you have to know, it was 'Subterranean Homesick Blues '. You know, by Bob Dylan. Not that I'm some big Bob Dylan fan, but I like to dabble, usually in things that were recommended to me. I get a lot of useful info that way, which I'm always grateful for. Anyway, these Blues, they've got a rhythm to them that I just can't shake. The lyrics don't make any sense, but you can't have everything, right? 'Johnny's in the basement, mixing up the medicine, I'm on the pavement, da da da da da da da, something something'. *Chuckle* Well, as long as I'm suffering, how about you join me? What song can't you get rid of?"

Warning: The following contains ethnic slurs. It was written to practice the voice of a character, but I don't want to subject people to his statements unnecessarily.

Question: You know what you did, so do we. We even have it recorded. We won't share it if you tell us why. Why did you do it?
Edited by Malloon, Sep 29 2017, 05:11 PM.
V6 Character - Benjamin "Squirrel" Lichter [ ~ / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / > ] - You'll find him in the clouds.
Future Characters:
Chloe Bruges - You'll find her doing math.
Joseph "Joey" Quintero - You'll find him writing speaches.
Keith Rogers - You'll find him out with his gang.

In the unlikely event you want to use my characters...

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

Question: You know what you did, so do we. We even have it recorded. We won't share it if you tell us why. Why did you do it?

Roxie- ... What did I do? Is this the time I rec'd Poultrygeist as a joke? I mean, it's gross and offensive, so I can totally understand why someone would get upset. But not sure how blackmail-able that is. I did it because... well, it was painful for me, and I had to share the pain.

Bree- Urgh. Look, that was a one time thing. And I did it because he was obnoxious. So yeah, that was why I ditched him at the theater. *crosses arms, frowns*

Question: Weapon of choice?
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.
Bree Jones- "I'm not exaggerating when I say that my fish are smarter."
Roxanne "Roxie" Borowski- "Next video? Oh man, tons of ideas, dude. Lemme get the makeup for that."

In Loving Memory

Humiliating things I caught you guys saying

Kami's Promise for v6 (doing this again)

Posted Image

Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V6. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.

Laurels
Member Avatar
Cause what you see isn't always the truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
KamiKaze
Sep 30 2017, 11:51 AM
Question: Weapon of choice?
Meka Gibson: A pen and/or a megaphone. Those are the tools you need to make a change.

Katrina Lavell: Um, I don't really like to get into fights, but, um, I guess maybe something like my, I dunno, my stiletto heels? Yeah, those are kinda kickass.

Tanisha Abbey: Bitch, who needs a weapon? My thighs can crush anyone's windpipe if they try to fuck with me!

Question: If you could go back in time and be a part of any historical movement or revolution, which one would it be and why?
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Blastinus
Member Avatar
That's Just Crazy Talk
[ *  *  *  * ]
Laurels
Sep 30 2017, 12:03 PM
Question: If you could go back in time and be a part of any historical movement or revolution, which one would it be and why?
Reuben: Probably something recent. I like the Renaissance, but I wouldn't want to deal with medieval plumbing.

Jeff: I dunno, the American Revolution?

Kenzie: I have to be in the movement, right? Hmm...What about the 60's? Free love, singing songs, and you can wear whatever you like and nobody will think you're weird. Because EVERYONE's weird!

Sarah: Me? I'd be a mafia hit...woman, making the rats swim with the fishes and wearing slick hats! Or...wait, no, I'd be a dame. Never mind!

Question: Do you work better in a noisy or quiet environment?
V7 Kids

Zetsumodernista
Member Avatar
escaping the real world to face reality
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Aoi: Quiet. Study time is for studying. If you're chatting while you're studying you're doing it wrong.

Megan: Oh, um. I kinda like both? It varies from day to day, really. Like, sometimes it's so quiet you can hear the clock ticking and that gets really distracting, but sometimes the ticking seems kinda cool and aesthetic? Same with working in a noisy environment. Sometimes I really like the ambience and it almost turns into background music, but sometimes I keep on catching snippets of convos and I can't stop thinking about them.

You have 10 minutes to live. What do you do?
dear god dear god tinkle tinkle hoy

G056: Asuka Takahara: The one who can out-pretentious them all.
- Memories: 1
- Pregame: 1
- V6: 1-2

Kermit
Member Avatar
i'm the worst
[ *  *  *  * ]
Z E T S U

You have 10 minutes to live. What do you do?

Michael: "Die."

Val: "Well, to be honest, I've never really thought about it. There would probably be some crying, though, a lot of regrets, shaking my fist at the sky, those kinds of things."

Max: "Uh, do some prayin', I guess. Probably call mom and dad, y'know, say how much I love 'em."

If a zombie apocalypse suddenly began, what would be the first thing you do?
Ravioli Marill - Today at 9:49 AM
(Mariavel is Kermit)

Some people that might be in V7 (or not):

Michael Froese: "Is it bad that I hope today's the day Richard finally fucking snaps, brings a gun to school, and shoots me in the head? Because I really can't deal with this shit anymore."

Valerija Bogdanovic: "If we as a society continue using words like "cuck" or "Reagan fetishist" to describe those who's political views differ from our own, we will accomplish nothing. Alienating each other will just lead to further division. If I were to insult you straight to your face, it's not like you'd hold my opinion with any merit."

Maxwell Fenster: "Okay then."

V1 sprites!

mini stuff!?!??!?!?!?!?!?

Wow look here's a big ol' spotify playlist, listen to it (only if u want im not ur boss)!

Blastinus
Member Avatar
That's Just Crazy Talk
[ *  *  *  * ]
Kermit
Sep 30 2017, 01:12 PM
If a zombie apocalypse suddenly began, what would be the first thing you do?
Reuben: Well, I mean, realistically, a rotting corpse would fall apart in a month or two, so you just stock up food, take cover in a basement or whatever, and the world will be zombie-free in no time. Even if one of them grabbed you, their arm would probably just fall off, so...But I guess if you're talking Hollywood zombies, then I'd probably try to find a cure, fail, and let some rugged action hero save the day instead.

Jeff: You know that zombies aren't real, right? Sheesh, kids and their imagination.

Kenzie: Hmm, my dad owns a helicopter, so I guess I'd just fly away. Then we'd live in the Caribbean somewhere, probably get some sun, and the whole thing would be sorted out by the time we get back.

Sarah: You kidding? I'd be out there with a crowbar, bustin' heads! *she punches her fist down into her other hand* Everyone in these movies is all like "Oh no, zombies! What do we do!" And I'm like "Come on! The world is full of sticks!"

Question: If you discovered that your friend stole something from a store, how would you react?
V7 Kids

Ryuki
Member Avatar
Survivor
[ *  * ]
Quote:

Question: If you discovered that your friend stole something from a store, how would you react?

Ned: I would not approve.

Yuki: I would probably tell them to return it.

Zach: It was their choice to do it, so they'll have to deal with that shit. It has nothing to do with me.

Question: If you had the power over one of the following elements: fire, wind, water, earth, light, or darkness, which one would it be?
Edited by Ryuki, Oct 7 2017, 12:51 PM.
Art

Character Concepts
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

Question: If you had the power over one of the following elements: fire, wind, water, earth, light, or darkness, which one would it be?

Wyatt: I'd use the kami-hami-ha or whatever to wipe your stupid fuckin' face off the planet for asking such a gay-ass question. (... Probably Earth.)

Justin: I think I like the power of light the most! Nothin' wrong with mosta them and you could prol'ly make a case for a few'a them, but light's like... the most powerful, I think? See where I'm goin' with this? It's both like, holy AND heat.

Cheridene: ... Um... where's electricity? 'Cuz that's mine. Of the others? Wind, I guess.

Question: You can take one object in your room with you on a foot journey across the state of Tennessee. What would you bring, and why? (No money/currency allowed)
V6 Tributes

Spoilers, Ricky didn't win V5

Things We Say

CrossbowPig
Member Avatar
Tryhard
[ *  *  * ]
Quote:

Question: You can take one object in your room with you on a foot journey across the state of Tennessee. What would you bring, and why? (No money/currency allowed)

Violet: Um... I guess I'd probably take my blanket, so that I could sleep in warmth, but then again it does get kinda hot over here. What time of year is it? I mean, my answer probably still doesn't change because, that's, um, cheating? But I think that, yeah, I'd take the blanket.

Max: Baseball bat. Self defense.

Lucas: Well, this all really comes down to how I plan to spend my days. If I spend my days begging for money, then I'd probably just take a big bottle of water with me so that I don't get dehydrated from sitting around in the sun. However, I'm probably going to be moving around at night and taking shelter on the edges of town, so I can rummage through some garbage anyways. In that case, I'd more likely take my flashlight so that I can see in the dark and get moving if I need to. I'd have to score some water somewhere else, but I think I could manage.

...I could bring a...

...but I don't keep those in my room.

Question: You are locked in a room with your greatest fear. You have two hours to get rid of it, whatever this means to you, or else it will consume you. How do you fare?
~~~~~ Sadly CBP looked at a SOTF character. It was so sad... such a sad character... like him... he only waned a normal life... was that too much to ask? was it?

NOW: V7

SOON: V7

DEAD: V6

MAYBE: V?

Aloha
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

You are locked in a room with your greatest fear. You have two hours to get rid of it, whatever this means to you, or else it will consume you. How do you fare?

Alison - “Hmm, I'm not exactly sure what I'm afraid of. I suppose...heights? But how do I get rid of that? I would just have to climb down, wouldn't I?”

Nate - “So what, I'm trapped in a room with the creeping feeling that I'll never amount to anything? Buddy I deal with that shit every day, and for me, a nap usually staves it off. I'm good."

Isra - “I have no idea how to deal with alligators so...I'll spend that time making my own funeral arrangements.”

Floyd - "Badly. I don't do well with raccoons."

Teddy - “Okay, I really hate bugs, but I can probably stomp on them if my life is on the line. Not gonna stop me from screaming the entire time though."

Question: What celebrity or fictional character do you resemble/identify with?
Characters

Chat Quotes

Arts!

Open to constructive criticism!

Ryuki
Member Avatar
Survivor
[ *  * ]
Quote:

What celebrity or fictional character do you resemble/identify with?

Ned: I guess I identify with characters like Spongebob and Pinkie Pie. I like doing voice acting just like Spongebob likes cooking krabby patties, and I like to entertain and see others smile like Pinkie.

Yuki: I suppose I relate to Carrie White. The shy part, not the telekinetic part.

Zach: I guess I'd say I'm like those guys on Impractical Jokers. They are a big influence for my videos.

Question: If you could have 1 last meal before you died, what would you want?
Art

Character Concepts
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Laurels
Member Avatar
Cause what you see isn't always the truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ryuki
Oct 7 2017, 01:54 PM
Question: If you could have 1 last meal before you died, what would you want?
Emeka Gibson: I'd probably want to eat some of my mom's traditional Nigerian cooking. Maybe some suya or some edikangikong. Absolutely some of the best food I've eaten.

Katrina Lavell: Wait, isn't this the sort of thing they do to prisoner's before executing them? Oh, well I guess a piece of strawberry cheesecake. It's one of my cheats, so I guess there's no reason not to.

Tanisha Abbey: Ooh, obviously my grandma's chicken and waffles recipe. She's got a secret herb blend way better than any white-ass chicken peddler like Sanders can make, and she even makes homemade honey butter that's to die for.

Question: What would be inside your dream house?
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

TheLordOfAwesome
Member Avatar
Survivor
[ *  * ]
Laurels
Oct 7 2017, 02:46 PM
Question: What would be inside your dream house?
Sierra Cook: "Maybe a large greenhouse garden that doubles as an aviary? Be a good place to just sit down, relax, and sketch some exotic birds."

Lucas Abernathy: "My own personal movie theater. Big screen, projector; the works, man."

Question: If you can have any extinct animal as a pet, and it would be completely loyal to you, what would it be?
V7 Charcters

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Roleplaying Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply