Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
I'm Lonely and Need Relationships; Looking for Rivals, Lovers and Everything In Between!
Topic Started: Sep 4 2017, 06:50 AM (356 Views)
jimmydalad
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Hey y'all! I'm just gonna use this place to put my character concepts as they come. So far, I only have one solid concept, but I promise more will come in the future!

Lukas Nielson

Millicent "Milly" Rosenberg
Version 5

Version 7

Artsy Stuff by Other People
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Somersault
Member Avatar
i'm a boss ass bitch (bitch bitch)
[ *  * ]
So, okay. Keisha most definitely gossips about Lukas, because she loves talking shit, so yeah. Oops. As part of her sorta rebel phase, Abaynesh is probably trying to bond with him, although that'd mainly be awkward conversation.
here's my v7 planning thread or whatever
C-H-A-T-T-A-N-O-O-G-A

V7 HERE WE COME

Concepts

Art Thangs

Let Them Fly Free

Ryuki
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
I think Ned is friendly enough to get along with Lukas.

Yuki shares an interest in writing, so maybe she and Lukas could exchange ideas with one another.

Zach would probably try to pick on him, because of Lukas' mother's job.
Art

Character Concepts

CrossbowPig
Member Avatar
CBP
[ *  *  *  * ]
Violet is probably friendly to Lukas outwardly, but inwardly feels awkward with an irrational fear of something happening between the two of them, a big nothing in her mind that she can't seem to shake out of, that their interactions are on her end at the very least somewhat tense and awkward.

Lucas - my Lucas - probably finds it funny that someone (sort of) shares a name with him, and I imagine the two, both involved in the writing scene, would know each other at least a little. Lucas would be pretty open to hanging out with Lukas, judgement free, and might have even tried to vent to him about some of his relationship struggles, though how much he said was probably not enough to give any useful information.

Max passes judgement on his mother for being, in his eyes, a pretty major sinner. That said, he probably doesn't really care enough about Lukas to interact in any meaningful way, for better or for worse.
~~~~~ Creativity's Burning Pyre ~~~~~

NOW: V7

DEAD: V6

MAYBE: V?

jimmydalad
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Ryuji

Ned and Lukas seem friendly enough to be casual friends. Though probably not a huge fan of videogames and cartoons, he'd appreciate his vocal talents and could occasionally be dragged into helping Ned out with his videos.

Writing friends are cool with Yuki and they could probably bond over that. I'm not sure how close they'd be, but he'd definitely be at least friendly with his fellow writing connoisseur.

I always appreciate people who would pick on Lukas and Zach seems to be a good fit for at least one of the people to make fun of his mother. He'd probably be antagonistic towards him, especially since he's protective of his mother. Maybe one of the main people responsible for making fun of him?

CrossbowPig

I can imagine Lukas being sorta friends with Violet due to them both being relatively weird and liberal. Lukas would be particularly interested in the occult stuff that Violet likes, but may not be eager on practicing it himself. Lukas may probe into why she seems to be awkward around him, which could be fun to see.

I imagine the two of them would be more than happy to share stories and writing tips with each other. He'd also probably find humor in there being another Lucas that likes writing and maybe they could be a funny pair around campus? I can definitely see them being friends, especially since Lukas would try to hear out and help Lucas's relationship problems, no matter how vague he explains it to him.

Lukas would just probably stay out of Max's way due to his more conservative views and thus probably wouldn't interact with him meaningfully either.
Edited by jimmydalad, Sep 4 2017, 10:59 AM.
Version 5

Version 7

Fenris
Member Avatar
head shot (drank)
[ *  *  *  * ]
children incoming:

Ivy would know eeeeverything about Lukas and his mom; I don't think she'd go out of her way to mock him, though, since he doesn't seem like he'd particularly annoy her, but if he ever did get on her bad side she'd have a whole lotta ammo at the ready. I can imagine him being at least friendly with Dante and Ian, I don't imagine he'd cross paths with Axel much. Nia would probably find him pretty interesting if they happened to get to talking.
"Well, Fenris, the King of Gossip. We meet again."
v7 kids

the future

Malloon
Member Avatar
Survivor
[ *  * ]
Chloe would probably be surprised when learning about his mother's occupation (who wouldn't be?), but she'd have a lot of respect for him for his maturity regarding sex. Having a European father (and therefore having a somewhat European perspective on things), she definitely agrees with him on the lack of proper sex education in the US. I doubt they'd have much to talk about besides that, however.

Joey would too be surprised, and would probably like him, given his tendency towards level-headedness, and maybe keep tabs on him in the unlikely that event he should ever need an amateur therapist, but would make a point of avoiding association otherwise because of Lukas' mother and his own exaggerated (but moderate) catholicism.

Keith would just be utterly confused. As in, the baptist in him sort of suspects he should have contempt for the whole ordeal, but given Lukas' otherwise inoffensiveness and his complete embarrassment at bringing up the subject of sex with the one person who he respects above all, his dad, he'd do his uttermost best to avoid Lukas and the subject of Lukas at all costs, just to preserve his own sanity.
V6 Character:
Benjamin "Squirrel" Lichter [ ~ / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / > ] - You'll find him in the clouds.
V7 Characters:
Chloe Bruges [ - ] - You'll find her doing math.
Joseph "Joey" Quintero - You'll find him writing speaches.
Keith Rogers - You'll find him out with his gang.

In the unlikely event you want to use my characters...

Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
yo wtf this is a great concept let me make u not lonely bby

Demetri would think the whole thing is fairly hilarious but he'd actually be pretty much cool with it. If we want to make them childhood friends (if Lukas is a Chattanooga raised boy most his life) he'd maybe have even met the mom without making it awkward, like they could be family friends or something? Like Demetri does crack the occasional quip about it but he's mostly good at not making a big deal of it and appreciating his friendship with Lukas for other stuff, like the writing especially, he'd be interested in swapping ideas with Lukas and getting some advice, since Lukas is probably the far better writer. Negative points to the relationship might be that Lukas could be a bit uncomfortable with Demetri's casual usage of homophobic jokes, especially given his own quiet bi identity, and he might also try to encourage Demetri to stop being friends with people like Zach but Demetri would be stubborn about that.

Charelle I also envision something a bit fun with. So like we could say the reason she's able to have a safe sex life being sexually active fairly young is she openly approached Lukas out of the blue and asked for his guidance? And then when he finished explaining she was like 'uh huh, so wanna give me a hands on demonstration'? That aside she really respects him for having helped her out so openly and she respects his boundaries whenever they meet up now, though she does throw the occasional quip referencing her proposition just because she thinks it's cute and hilarious.
V7

V6 - Like you imagined when you... were young...

jimmydalad
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
@Fenris

So as a member of Gaelen's group alongside his general dislike of gossipmongers due to his personal experience with them would probably make him one of the people who actively and openly dislikes Ivy alongside Gaelen. I'm in agreement with you on pretty much everything else, though I can imagine Lukas being friendly if not friends with Nia due to approaching her to do some tarot reading and then going from there.

@Malloon

While I can imagine Chloe and Lukas bonding about how fucked up the sex education system is in the US, they probably wouldn't talk much outside of that. While Lukas would appreciate his level-headedness, he'd probably do his best to avoid Joey due to his Catholicism and his bad experiences with people of that religion when it comes to his mother. Lukas would definitely do his best to avoid Keith at all costs, probably freaked out by his neo-nazi tendencies and general scary appearance. Like, I can imagine him being legitimately scared that the guy was gonna punch him in the face just because of his family and his sexuality, so that's cool and could be fun to explore.

@CicadaDays

Ok, so both of these ideas sound really cool and I'm totally up for exploring both of them. At the moment, I do plan on having Lukas be a born and raised Chattanooga boy, so having a childhood friend in Demitri would be super cool :D. Like I'm in sync with you for pretty much all your ideas, so I'm totally up for having something like that. It'd also present an interesting dynamic and I wonder if we could possibly have Lukas getting a bit more distant as time passes due to Demetri's causal homophobia and his insistence on being friends with people like Zach. As for Charelle, that is also a good ideaTM and would be a really interesting memories thread to explore. I'd imagine him being good friends after that experience, with him being one of the people who understand her best, if that sounds like an idea to you. He'd probably be flustered by the quips she makes, but takes it in his stride and is able to laugh about it.

I've also added my second character concept, Milly Rosenberg, so if you wanna start pitching ideas for her, that'd be cool too.
Version 5

Version 7

Ryuki
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Regarding Milly:

I think Yuki would enjoy playing cards with her. Yuki could also teach her how to play D&D.

Zach, on the other hand, would probably be banned for being an little jerk during a game.

Ned is also pretty nice, so maybe she could be friends with him as well.
Art

Character Concepts

MaskedMountain
Member Avatar
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
Based on similar interests in writing and journalism, Osiris could be friends with Lukas
V7 Soon to die

jimmydalad
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Updated new Milly so that changes any previous relationships established with her.
Version 5

Version 7

TheLordOfAwesome
Member Avatar
Survivor
[ *  * ]
Well, Lucas is a rich kid and part of the popular crowd, although he is rather atypical because he is kind of a nerd (a film and horror nerd, to be specific) and a rather nice guy who isn't into gossip. Also, he is a raging alcoholic and probably flirted with her at some point. So, I don't know, how would Milly feel about him?

Sierra would know Milly from parties probably.

Not sure how either of them would know Lukas, so feel free to suggest something. :P
V7 Charcters

Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quick relationship thoughts with Milly (also remember we already have stuff worked out with Lukas 👀)

One of either Charelle or Joanne could have been the rare friend who Milly sees as real, not shallow/despicable, and trustworthy? They're both popular party sorts but off the grain and not the sort who might not necessarily draw her ire. So one or both could be secret 'knows IRL' gamer friends she can unwind with and vent to, is my thought.
V7

V6 - Like you imagined when you... were young...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · V7 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply