Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
V6 Final Four Congratulations
Topic Started: Aug 31 2017, 01:53 PM (685 Views)
MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
You've been counting stars, now you're counting on me
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
So, it appears that the time for Endgame has come once again, and it's customary to make a thread about that! I'm doing it to sort of try to restore the tradition to what felt like its purpose in olden times: as pure congratulations. I know Endgames and their makeup can be contentious. I know folks may have very divergent ideas about which characters are best suited to win. All of that's fine. But none of it belongs in this thread. This thread is to congratulate those who've made it this far, is as much or as little detail as folks feel like, and to really try to set things off on a good note for the community. So, without further ado, congratulations to:

B01: Min-jae Parker (handled by backslash)
B08: Nate Turner (handled by Slam)
G10: Fiyori Senay (handled by Bikriki)
G31: Candice Banks (handled by Muninn)

I look forward to reading all of your work. To channel Bilbo Baggins for a moment, I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, but I hope to change that in the very near future. Good luck, guys. :)
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  * ]

Final four's looking pretty good! I already think there's a pretty solid potential dynamic to be had here and I'm wondering if we might see a slower, less outright action-packed Endgame this time around. I think that'd be interesting.

@Min-jae. Awesome internal character dialogue, that's been getting more and more in his own unique way profound as things have broken down. I mentioned that on some level I speculated Min-jae was already long gone in the buildup to Endgame and I think that provides all the dramatic impetus we as readers need, I hope we'll get to see the fruits of that, whatever place Min-jae ends up taking.

@Nate. Very dramatic twists and turns for Nate, all while keeping an admirable consistency of character- in a way the arc is a slow burn but it's always been a well paced one that didn't overstay it's welcome! I think Nate will bring something absolutely crucial to endgame in how his character has the most pliancy to try and play a solidly heroic role, and I welcome that potential however it could be explored.

@Fiyori. Wild card bitches? Fiyori's character remains a fascinating exercise in information withholding from and sliiight trolling of the audience via the classic Riki quirks of writing and I'm very glad Riki has a chance to strut for us in an endgame! Fiyori could go any number of ways to be honest but I get the sense that she'll be an axis of conflict. Let's see how far she gets!

@Candice. On the quiet side but still a solid character I have been low key following and admiring for some understated yet effective writing and a good dedication to a slow burn and consistent character progression. Candice has good potential to surprise, she was more or less built up to a certain point, a precipice from which action could be taken any number of ways.
The Dies Before First Rolls Squad

The Nights

Ruggahissy
Member Avatar
i'm not upset
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Congrats kids! Try to escape endgame with your sanity in tact.
things

Ryuki
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Congrats! I did not expect couple of these characters to make it this far. This is going to be interesting.
Art

Character Concepts

Fran
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
me by naft

dmboogie
Member Avatar
A Delicate Machine
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image
a tribute for the dead and dying

Posted Image

Fenris
Member Avatar
the consummate paragon
[ *  *  * ]
damn everyone made the obvious congratulations joke already

anyway CONGRATS! I will be the first to admit that I haven't read very much of v6 but I trust that y'all are gonna do an awesome job with endgame. :D
"Well, Fenris, the King of Gossip. We meet again."
v7 kids

the future
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CrossbowPig
Member Avatar
Icon!
[ *  *  * ]
Congrats to the Endgamers! I can't think of anything clever to say...

...so I'll just say congratulations again but in French! Félicitations!
~~~~~ "We were wrecks before we crashed into each other."

NOW: V7

SOON: V7

DEAD: V6

MAYBE: V?

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
Let's show that private threads still aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on the island in V6. If I started a thread in-game, you are welcome to join it.

In the past...

In the future...

TwelveFourtyFive
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yay, Endgame! Congrats!

NotAFlyingToy
Member Avatar
Southern motherfuckin' democratic republicans.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Gratz boys
A list of the dying, a list of the damned.

V6
V5
Future

Inge
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Posted Image

ToxieTheToxicAvenger
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Good job making it to Endgame! Regardless of who wins, I'm sure it'll be a crazy one!

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
Paige/EP/Plush, they/them pronouns pls thanks :3
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Congratulations everyone!
SotF Characters

the highest honor i'll ever achieve

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

Laurels
Member Avatar
Cause what you see isn't always the truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
To the endgamers:

V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Roleplaying Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply