Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Worm Mafia Fallout Thread; You needed worthy opponents
Topic Started: Aug 27 2017, 10:30 PM (181 Views)
VysePresident
Member Avatar
Long-winded, meticulous, & thoughtful. Mostly long-winded though.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Randomness
Aug 27 2017, 11:00 PM
I have learnt that I can't push games.

Murder really did a good job undermining my position from the get go, and I really shouldn't have launched an attack on him without a case, even though my gut told me he was definitely mafia.

I was suspecting Deamon honestly, because he wasn't using the neigbourhood to confirm info, which implied he didn't need/want it, but thought Murder was a more important target in endgame, since I already knew Deamon was a neighboirizer.
Was just glancing, but since I'm here, I just wanted to say I think you're better than you're giving yourself credit. Murder only undermined you because you second-guessed yourself so hard, and wouldn't push - been there myself and have the t-shirt to prove it. If you'd committed more strongly, pointed out the extreme flaws in his case (using tenuous logic and fringe possibilities to explain his scumread on you.), and slowly fleshed out your gutread, you'd have done well.

Basically, an active push requires commitment, which is something I think we all struggle with. (Hence my constant faked aggressiveness. One extreme to avoid the other.) Don't sell yourself short though, you have pretty good reads, and gut is *not* a bad reason at all.

Unfortunately, most of Town just didn't care about the game whatsoever, and I don't know if it could have been saved. I don't mean to be a jerk, and I understand that SC2 & old game bitterness hurt this one, but I do feel that it needs to be said - People who consistently join a game only to go afk should seriously reconsider joining. It hurts everyone.

Kudos to those who actively participated, whether they were right or not. You guys are what makes any game fun.

All in all, for what this spectator's opinion is worth, I liked the design and loved the memey humor.
Constructive criticism is always welcome! Feel free to send me a PM if you have any pointers or feedback you'd like to share!

Character #1: Boy #37 Ian Williams - Now with 55% less self-insert.
Designated Weapon: Polaroid Instant Camera With Film (Enough for 8 photographs)

Past - | 1 | 2 | (Current thread - Birds of a Feather)
Pregame - None
Island - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (Final Thread - Glass
)
Character #2: Boy #66 Chase Rodriguez - Adopted from Pippin.
Designated Weapon: Silver Pill Box Containing Three Cyanide Capsules

Past - None
Pregame - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (Last seen in - Diversions)
Island - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (Final Thread - Drawing to an End)

(Relationships Planning Thread #Pi)
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

VysePresident
Member Avatar
Long-winded, meticulous, & thoughtful. Mostly long-winded though.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
For what it's worth, I didn't mean either you (CBP) or Cicada. Honestly think you're both being too hard on yourselves, but I understand if the game's not fun, there's no point.

Take care, and here's wishing you the best.
Constructive criticism is always welcome! Feel free to send me a PM if you have any pointers or feedback you'd like to share!

Character #1: Boy #37 Ian Williams - Now with 55% less self-insert.
Designated Weapon: Polaroid Instant Camera With Film (Enough for 8 photographs)

Past - | 1 | 2 | (Current thread - Birds of a Feather)
Pregame - None
Island - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (Final Thread - Glass
)
Character #2: Boy #66 Chase Rodriguez - Adopted from Pippin.
Designated Weapon: Silver Pill Box Containing Three Cyanide Capsules

Past - None
Pregame - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (Last seen in - Diversions)
Island - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (Final Thread - Drawing to an End)

(Relationships Planning Thread #Pi)
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Mafia · Next Topic »
Add Reply