Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The V2 Read-o-thon; Olden days
Topic Started: Aug 24 2017, 06:45 PM (7,583 Views)
Maraoone
Member Avatar
yes thomas why
[ *  *  * ]
I guess I'll try lol
V6 Characters:
G062 - Olivia Fischer prayed a thousand prayers in Ye Not [37/107]
Previous Threads: Sæglópur - Until all our yesterdays are lighted fools... - the way to dusty death - a concrete cave - I'd Say That I've Had Worse Days, but Then I'd Be Lying - Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying - Until Then, You Are Free - Cast in the Name of God
Memories: Sometimes when we reach for the stars...
Weapon: Lobotomy pick.

V5 Characters

Chat

Pledges

"Mara was a mistake." - Cicada, 2017
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Maraoone
Member Avatar
yes thomas why
[ *  *  * ]
So! Rupert Stockton was a Trip.

His profile is honestly much more interesting than his on-game stay, but in all the worst ways. tl;dr Rupert is a Fat Angry Bully with all the inherent stereotypes. OK, boring. What's not boring is why he became this way, and I'm honestly offended. His father has basically been raping, molesting and abusing his entire family their entire lives, and it continues up until Rupert is abducted. He forces him to have sex with his sister and mother. Also, his father apparently gets away with this because he's a policeman. I'm really really really not a fan of how this is used to explain Rupert's bullying ways, and it simply should not be there. It is not handled well at all.

Pregame, he's used as a high school bully to make Andrew Ponikarovsky look good. Onto the island we go.

On the island, he shows up for one post, where it's stated that he's simply dropped from the plane onto the island, yet he survives because he's cushioned by his fat. Not a doctor but I don't think that's How It Works. Then, he trades insults with Jonathan Michaels, who points a gun at him and tells him to screw off. Rupert is written by Dodd, so at the very least, his writing is technically competent. Also, I appreciate how he actually at least attempts to have a moral dilemma regarding killing people, although this quickly goes the way of most bullies, the old 'oh I hate everyone so SOTF is the best thing ever' approach.

Now, his death.

This is a Mariavel Inactive Massacre Thread, and basically he tries to attack her with a stiletto right after she kills Alex Ovechkin. A total of around two sentences are devoted to his death.

Overall, I'm really really annoyed with how rape and incest are just wantonly used in his profile, and Rupert Stockton is the definition of fodder. Nothing more.

Next please!
V6 Characters:
G062 - Olivia Fischer prayed a thousand prayers in Ye Not [37/107]
Previous Threads: Sæglópur - Until all our yesterdays are lighted fools... - the way to dusty death - a concrete cave - I'd Say That I've Had Worse Days, but Then I'd Be Lying - Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying - Until Then, You Are Free - Cast in the Name of God
Memories: Sometimes when we reach for the stars...
Weapon: Lobotomy pick.

V5 Characters

Chat

Pledges

"Mara was a mistake." - Cicada, 2017
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · Roleplaying Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply