Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Give To Me, Give To Me; Somersault's relationship thread for v7
Topic Started: Aug 19 2017, 07:57 PM (525 Views)
Somersault
Member Avatar
i'm a boss ass bitch (bitch bitch)
[ *  * ]
Finally making one of these!

Keisha Higgins-Bell:
(Profile)
Interests: Cheerleading, debate, gossip, journalism, partying, political activism, volleyball
NOW WITH AN APPEARANCE THING!
appearance

Who is she?

Originally from Memphis, Keisha's the African-American daughter of a teen mom, who's raised her and her two siblings by herself, other than some assistance from Keisha's grandmother. Her family moved to Chattanooga when she was thirteen and in 8th grade, as her mom had gotten a job as a nurse. Since then, Keisha's integrated herself fairly well into the student body, although she has a reputation for being somewhat of a gossip, which led her to join the school newspaper, as well as the debate team. On the newspaper, she's known as having a penchant for especially revealing stories, which has often led her to be given fairly poor assignments. Celebrity gossip is also something she's generally quite fond of, which means she scours TMZ near-daily to see what rumors pop up. Due to this, the subjects Keisha's most passionate about include English and History, and so she's looking forward to majoring in Journalism at Tennessee State. In addition to all of this, Keisha's mother forced Keisha to play volleyball so she would have some sort of physical activity, and while Keisha isn't great at it, she's a backbencher for the team, playing as a wing spiker. Also, she's obsessed with third-wave feminism, and you can likely expect her to be ranting about intersectionality and such other related thing. Wears her hair in box braids that just go a bit past her shoulders, currently dyeing the tips red. Idolizes Rihanna and Beyonce, secretly also a big fan of the Dixie Chicks.

Also, secretly gaygaygay but real deep in the closet. Goes to church regularly, but sometimes conflicted about faith. Recently became a cheerleader, enjoys it a lot more than volleyball.

What's she looking for?

• Friends, either through political activism, newspaper, volleyball, or cheerleading! Or debate.
  • Enemies! Keisha gossips. A lot. And so, she's made more than a few enemies around the school, and she doesn't hesitate to start arguments with those she considers racist or just generally kinda weird. She's been trying to tone that down recently, though.
  • Secret lovers? IDK, but Keisha may have had some romantic encounters that haven't turned out well. Whoops!
  • GOSSIP NETWORK PEOPLE. Keisha probably has a group of people she goes to and shares gossip with, and who share gossip with her. Wanna be part of that? Just post here about it!
  • An idea of your own! Open to all and any!

Kelly Nguyen:
Interests: Animals, archery, graphic design, scrapbooking, vintage fashion, volunteering, yearbook
appearance

Who is she?
Born to Vietnamese immigrants in Chattanooga, Kelly has spent her entire life in the city. Her parents both work, one as a high-flying advertising executive, the other as a human resources manager, which has given them the opportunity to provide Kelly with a fairly stable upper-middle class existence. Since a young age, Kelly has always been interested in scrapbooking, starting when her mother showed her scrapbooks of their lives in Vietnam, which led her to develop a passion for it too. Due to this interest, she's part of the school yearbook staff, where she's in charge of graphic design. Other than the yearbook and scrapbooking, Kelly is also quite active on social media, where she tends to rant on her Tumblr blog about her least favorite teacher of the month, although she also takes the time to look at cute pictures of animals. Volunteering at the local animal shelter near-weekly, Kelly hopes to become a veterinarian, and failing that, a graphic designer.

Vintage fashion is also a love of hers, and so she wears a lot of glasses with cat's eye lenses. Polka-dot dresses and kitten heels are a must have. She and her parents are super duper new money, and so while not incredibly loaded, they've got it quite good. Also, kind of a lapsed Buddhist. Took up archery to appease her parent's demands as a sport, likes it but doesn't practice as often as she should.

What's she looking for?

• People from yearbook! Kelly might be the editor-in-chief or something, but she tries to put all members of the yearbook on equal footing, although maybe not if she's grossed out by them.
  • Volunteering peeps/friends! Mainly, she's into working at animal shelters and the like, but she's recently started out into helping out at charity stores like Salvation Army or local soup kitchens.
  • Fellow animal lovers!
  • Artsy people!

Abaynesh Dula:
Interests: Baking, cooking (mainly East African cuisine), history, reading (especially non-fiction), studying, wrestling (watching)
appearance

Who is she?

The eldest child of six siblings, Abaynesh's parents immigrated to Memphis 5 years before she was born. When she was six, they moved to Chattanooga as they felt it would provide a safer environment for their children, and also give them a chance to open their dream restaurant. Flash forward to the present, and the House of Dula is still a beloved community fixture in Chattanooga's East African community, and the Dulas reside in a fairly cramped apartment above it. Abaynesh is fairly shy and bookish, and most of her interest lies in things like history, cooking, and baking, as she is expected to become the new head of the restaurant when her parents retire, a day Abaynesh is both excited and terribly nervous about. In addition to this, Abaynesh is a fairly big fan of professional wrestling, beginning when she saw an episode of Smackdown while channel surfing. To this day, she remains a fairly devoted watcher of Smackdown and NXT, and her favorite wrestlers right now include Naomi and Asuka.

Currently half-heartedly trying to rebel against her parents by making friends with the sorta-weird kids, but may actually become friends with them. Loves orange and yellow, and is almost always wearing her incredibly kinky hair in two loose braids. Jumper dresses with leggings and flats are what she most commonly wears, although sometimes she'll just wear a wrestling t-shirt, and jeans.

What's she looking for?

• People who frequent her family's restaurant. If they're adventurous or Ethiopian food, they'll like it. Maybe your kid works there?
  • Study buddies!
  • Wrestling people who Abaynesh watches matches of!
  • Cooking and baking buddies!

Adele Jones:
Interests: Activism (especially on body positivity), singing, criminal justice, fashion design, dancing, law, mystery novels (reading and writing), swimming, partying
appearance

Who is she?

My newest concept! But really, Adele's grown up in a solidly middle-class household all of her life, being the daughter of two African-American police officers. Since then, she has always had a keen interest in criminal justice and law, and with it, an adoration of mystery novels, which she may or may not have an obsession with. Her parents were also quite big on music, especially people like Tina Turner, and so Adele has grown up with a love of music, and is part of the school choir. She's also part of the swim team. Quote social and outgoing, and is an outspoken activist for body positivity. Loves to party, although she usually tries to stay clear of any party drugs, in case her parents were to find out, and kind of disenhearted by an experience with pot although she still tries to act fairly cheerful.

Is part of the Titty Brigade along with Cicada's Joanne and Laurels' Tanisha!

Janie Lyons:
appearance

Interests: Kickboxing, piano, student council, politics, studying, art history, trivia

Who is she?

Janie is the older sister of @randomness's Jason/Jaclyn, and has often needed to be the more responsible sibling, or at least the one more subservient to the whims of their parents. As is easily seen, she isn't exactly happy with this arrangement, but she's not angry at her sister. Well, not really. More just a mild annoyance, but she does try her best to help out whenever she can, even if it is cloaked in sorta passive-aggressive behavior. Really into kickboxing, and is an avowed moderate member of the Student Council, where she tries to help keep the peace but almost just as often really really really wants to join in on the arguments. She also has no time at all for romance, so guys are probably not gonna have a fun time with her, and she'd prefer to keep it that way. Secretly entertains thoughts of becoming a pianist and living her life on an obscure Caribbean country, she's planning to major in political science at Penn State, and after that, isn't exactly sure what to do.

Also loves mom jeans and cardigans. Don't ask her about it. Just don't. But, do ask her about her piano playing! She loves compliments.

Cleo Braithwaite:
(ALL THE THANKS TO PAIGE)
appearance

Who is she?

Determined, athletic, adventurous young Trinidadian woman. Family emigrated to the US when she was a child, and she grew up in [V7 Area]. As a young girl she was involved in a car accident with a family friend, and lost her left leg and eye. She has adjusted to the use of a prosthetic for her left leg over the years, and typically wears an eyepatch over her glass eye except for formal events. She is a dedicated cyclist and has competed in amateur competitions for much of her adolescence. Known among her friends for being driven and loyal, and functions as a sort of group babysitter in more wild settings. She is driven towards new experiences and risky activities, but believes in careful preparation and planning before taking anything on. Some people find her too slow and indecisive because of this trait, which can cause social tension. Has some problematic social baggage about the gender binary and the need to adhere to it. For romance, closeted bisexual who has had at best extremely secretive limited relationships with women and most likely only been involved with men so far.

Cleo's Relationships
here's my v7 planning thread or whatever
C-H-A-T-T-A-N-O-O-G-A

V7 HERE WE COME

Concepts

Art Thangs

Let Them Fly Free
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CrossbowPig
Member Avatar
Tryhard
[ *  *  * ]
Oh hey, didn't know Keisha was on the debate team. This puts the whole thing you said in my relationship thread in another light, now. Not only does Max think that Keisha's ideas are ideologically bankrupt and morally unsound, he also things she's a shitty debater. That's probably the only thing I have to add to the relationships posted in that thread for the time being though.

Lucas is enthusiastic about feminism and feminist ideas, so he'd probably attempt to have some constructive conversations with Keisha, though whether or not he'd be turned off by how extreme Keisha's comments are is up to you, really. Violet thinks that Keisha's just swell, but doesn't really spend much time around her because the two don't seem like they'd be particularly friendly for any one reason or another. They don't really share any interests, is what I'm trying to say here.

Violet and Kelly would probably get along decently fine. I've been thinking about yearbook club and thinking that maybe Violet might be involved in some part of that, but even if she wasn't then they'd be pretty neatly together as animal lovers and happy people. Lucas is more on the artsy side, though, maybe not really in the same way that Kelly is but if she's in an art club then chances are he is too. Might be put off by her upper class status, but doesn't entirely mind her. Max just thinks she's another millennial with millennial ideals, doesn't comment at all on the racial aspect or immigration aspect of things, they're both well off so they could possibly have ran into each other at the country club some time or other, though how awkward that gets is in the air.

Dunno how much Max counts as a sorta weird kid, other than his political views, but it sounds like Abaynesh would maybe even feel personally threatened by some of the right-wing beliefs he holds. If a debate strayed into history, he'd be likely to keep his footing, but I get the feeling that Abaynesh would just stay away from him in general.
~~~~~ Sadly CBP looked at a SOTF character. It was so sad... such a sad character... like him... he only waned a normal life... was that too much to ask? was it?

NOW: V7

SOON: V7

DEAD: V6

MAYBE: V?

Malloon
Member Avatar
Survivor
[ *  * ]
Joey's on the debate team, but probably tries to avoid Keisha as best as he can - gossip can ruin a guy's political career, or at least his school one. Chloe has a similar, though less personal issue with gossip: it's all nonsense to her. Keith is a big-ass racist neo-nazi - I don't need to elaborate, I think, for any of your kids.

V6 Character - Benjamin "Squirrel" Lichter [ ~ / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / > ] - You'll find him in the clouds.
Future Characters:
Chloe Bruges - You'll find her doing math.
Joseph "Joey" Quintero - You'll find him writing speaches.
Keith Rogers - You'll find him out with his gang.

In the unlikely event you want to use my characters...

Somersault
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Yeah, all those ideas sound great! But, @Malloon, do you think that Abaynesh and Chloe might study together? Other than that, everything seems good.
C-H-A-T-T-A-N-O-O-G-A

V7 HERE WE COME

Concepts

Art Thangs

Let Them Fly Free

Fenris
Member Avatar
the consummate paragon
[ *  *  * ]
We've already talked about relationship stuff, but now Dante exists and he's here to flirt with your girls. (I think he and Kelly would genuinely be friends though, they probably volunteer at the animal shelter together and he loves animals more than most things)
"Well, Fenris, the King of Gossip. We meet again."
v7 kids

the future

Somersault
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
YAY YESS FOR ALL OF THE FLIRTING AND ANIMALS.

Like, Keisha might party with Dante, and totally understands the designated driver thing. Also thankful that he's chaste.

Kelly may have actually went out on a date with him once or twice? And now they're kinda flirty friends who volunteer together?

Abaynesh would blush so hard and then hide. Meep.
C-H-A-T-T-A-N-O-O-G-A

V7 HERE WE COME

Concepts

Art Thangs

Let Them Fly Free

Malloon
Member Avatar
Survivor
[ *  * ]
Yeah, that could work. Chloe's a maths (and by extension, physics) nerd more than a history nerd, so she and Abaynesh could help each other out.
V6 Character - Benjamin "Squirrel" Lichter [ ~ / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / > ] - You'll find him in the clouds.
Future Characters:
Chloe Bruges - You'll find her doing math.
Joseph "Joey" Quintero - You'll find him writing speaches.
Keith Rogers - You'll find him out with his gang.

In the unlikely event you want to use my characters...

Ryuki
Member Avatar
Survivor
[ *  * ]
Regarding Keisha, Adele, and Janie:

Yuki would probably have an interest in mystery novels, so she and Adele could have something to talk about.

Ned could know Janie through Jason/Jaclyn.

Keisha might not know it, but Zach could use her gossip as ammo against other students for his trolling.
Art

Character Concepts
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
You thought you'd gotten rid of me with Demetri but I ' m b a c k

Keisha -
Beryl - Interesting idea on this one. So lets assume the hypothetical scenario that the two girls shared classes and Keisha had an idea of how it is Beryl carries herself and speaks and weirds out, so she decided she could discuss stuff with Beryl to train herself how to debate people with really out of left field arguments. They get along fairly well, even if Beryl's probably kind of infuriating to talk to if you actually have a goal and intent in speaking, and maybe at some point they give dating a shot since Beryl's kinda cute and supportive and enthusiastic and all. But ultimately Keisha can't stand the weird and they break up, and they don't talk too much nowadays due to lingering awkward on Keisha's end. That could be refined quite a bit, but that's the skeleton of my vision.
Joanne - One part of the gossip machine. A decent acquaintance since Joanne would find Keisha's intellectual understanding of feminism and politics engaging! Joanne would mostly just play dumb like she always does and just listen and nod along while she uses subtle questioning to prod Keisha to ramble, and she'd process it on her own time. So Keisha might think of Joanne as fun at parties and attentive to the problems of the world, but probably not get the sense that Joanne's as intelligent as she actually is.
Gyu-ri - Another possible piece of the gossip machine, albeit a far less friendly one. Gyu-ri's mostly harmless but occasionally she can be snappy or difficult to deal with, so she might not be one of Keisha's favorite sources. She might be easier to deal with than trying to get info out of Ivy Langley though? Who knows.

Kelly - Might know Charelle if they volunteer at shelters together at complementary times! Charelle's social media presence is good enough that she'd also know Kelly's online aesthetics and fashion and stuff.

Abaynesh - I swear we already talked about this, but her family restaurant might be one of Joanne's favorites to visit for a bite? She left a hella review on Yelp and they might casually talk about school and stuff, and cooking stuff, since Joanne's looking to pick up the skill for herself someday.

Adele - Spell it with me, TITTY BRIGADE. Specifically for Adele I think Joanne would appreciate Adele maybe less then Tanisha but they'd still be super close, girls who dance together stay together and all. Joanne would also be her strong ally in terms of body positivism, and maybe a model or something. It could be that Joanne experiments with more daring and masculine fashions sometimes to help Adele make her points? And perhaps Joanne was somehow involved in that pot incident, briefly testing their friendship though it ultimately came out stronger. Or maybe it was Charelle who was involved in that pot incident and she promptly bailed and ducked to avoid getting implicated... It could go either way, I think either case could be interesting? All up to you.

And also, Gyu-ri. They're in choir together, but much like Riki's Hyacinth, Gyu-ri thinks body positivism is a particularly ridiculous liberal idea and she'll disparage it if it's ever brought up around her. I can't imagine they like each other.
The Dies Before First Rolls Squad

The Nights

Somersault
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
We already talked about this on Discord, but WOOHOO to all of your ideas @Cicada! T-I-T-T-Y B-R-I-G-A-D-E!

Also @Ryuki, everything sounds good, but we have already talked about this right? No? But yeah, WOOOOO to all of your ideas as well!
C-H-A-T-T-A-N-O-O-G-A

V7 HERE WE COME

Concepts

Art Thangs

Let Them Fly Free

Somersault
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
HEYYYY. Have a new (or not so new) concept up! Check her out!
C-H-A-T-T-A-N-O-O-G-A

V7 HERE WE COME

Concepts

Art Thangs

Let Them Fly Free

MaskedMountain
Member Avatar
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
Estela Cardoso is probably friends with Janie and Keisha due to an interest in political activism, so maybe something could come from that. She's also in the Student Coucil, and she would be part of Keisha's gossip network to gain information on her enemies.

Altan Ochir would probably be spectated by Abaynesh at some point also.

Osiris Wesley is glad for another East African (and possible Muslim) as well as a fellow baker and cook. On top of this, they share a love of literature which all culminates in Osiris having a crush on Abaynesh, although they appear to just be friends from an outside perspective.

(If you don't want any of that, just say)
Edited by MaskedMountain, Dec 31 2017, 08:23 PM.
V7 Soon to die

Somersault
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
WAIT I ONLY SAW THIS NOW, but I'd be totally cool with all of this! Abaynesh isn't Muslim, though.
Edited by Somersault, Jan 15 2018, 09:25 PM.
C-H-A-T-T-A-N-O-O-G-A

V7 HERE WE COME

Concepts

Art Thangs

Let Them Fly Free

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · V7 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply