Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
fenris's (not-yet-)dead kids; might as well make a thread right
Topic Started: Aug 18 2017, 05:09 PM (1,996 Views)
Fenris
Member Avatar
head shot (drank)
[ *  *  *  * ]
OP has been updated with relationships and also with some edits because my kids have changed a surprising amount in the three weeks since I made this thread. If I missed your kids in the relationships update please hit me until I remember. :D
"Well, Fenris, the King of Gossip. We meet again."
v7 kids

the future
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Malloon
Member Avatar
Survivor
[ *  * ]
Ahahaha! That interaction between Chloe and Dante? Perfect! Even if there's never a pregame scene featuring it, I want that to be canon. Chloe does play in a band, now that you mention it - in Bill Dover's (Skraal's character) jazz band. And Joey isn't the type to disrespect, just be more coy with the "one hand washing the other" idea.
V6 Character:
Benjamin "Squirrel" Lichter [ ~ / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / > ] - You'll find him in the clouds.
V7 Characters:
Chloe Bruges [ - ] - You'll find her doing math.
Joseph "Joey" Quintero - You'll find him writing speaches.
Keith Rogers - You'll find him out with his gang.

In the unlikely event you want to use my characters...
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Fenris
Member Avatar
head shot (drank)
[ *  *  *  * ]
@Malloon: It MUST happen in pregame. It must. The jazz band doesn't count as far as Ivy is concerned. :p

(also the OP has been updated again! someone send me a girlfriend for nia)
v7 kids

the future

Fenris
Member Avatar
head shot (drank)
[ *  *  *  * ]
SURPRISE I HAVE A SIXTH KID PLEASE MAKE FRIENDS WITH HIM :D
v7 kids

the future

Ryuki
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Regarding Artem:

Ned is a member of anime club, so maybe they've met each other there.

Yuki is also a tutor and aspiring writer, so maybe they could have a study/writing session.
Art

Character Concepts

backslash
Member Avatar
Who is this sassy lost child
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'll reconsider when I'm not tired but for Artem:

He and Myles have a few similar interests but I doubt their personalities would mesh well, probably acquaintances through hobbies and Myles might crush off and on but little depth to most of their interactions.

I see "morbid" in his personality so that combined with his hobbies and general demeanor makes me think he and Dolly could actually be quite good friends! I think that he would get her sense of humor.

Mercy probably has/had a crush on him and a crisis over whether her writing was too cutesy and juvenile for his tastes.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Characters

Others

MaskedMountain
Member Avatar
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
Estela Cardoso would immediately shut down any flirting from Dante.

Altan Ochir might be friends with Fabian stemming from Art Club.

Osiris Wesley might be friends with Artem based on a shared love for writing, literature and magic/curses.
V7 Soon to die

BlizzardeyeWonder
Member Avatar
Survivor
[ *  * ]
Dante- I think maybe once Dante tried to hit on Camilla with Yu-Gi-Oh reference, only to anger Camilla, a Magic: The Gathering player. Not that it would have worked either way, but what do you think? He's probably also hit on Meilin at some point, I'm thinking that it just kinda becomes a mutual flirty friends thing.

Ivy- As both a band kid and a party kid, Meilin would definitely know her. They might not even be acquaintances, but she'd know Ivy. Camilla... Ivy's relationship with Camilla can go a few ways, actually. Camilla has lived in Chattanooga all her life, but she isn't the kind to really tolerate fakeness. On the other hand, if they were friends as kids or something, I don't know, Camilla might be one of the few people to see her softer side.

Axel- Meilin would know him from parties. Maybe they dated at some point? Either way, she likes his music.

Ian- Would get along with both of the girls. He's probably acquaintances with Meilin, at the very least. Camilla might have talked to him, and think he's kind of naive, but she'd like him enough.

Artem- Meilin's in the writing club, so they'd know each other from there.
Edited by BlizzardeyeWonder, Jan 1 2018, 10:41 AM.
V7 Wayward Children

Camilla Bell: Pregame START
"These ferns grow up so fast..."
Oh No! - Marina and The Diamonds

Meilin Zhou: Pregame START
"Study haard, party harder!"
Run Away With Me - Carly Rae Jepsen

Fenris
Member Avatar
head shot (drank)
[ *  *  *  * ]
HEY I UPDATED MY THREAD (KINDA)

i still need to fix a bunch of relationship stuff, especially since poor artem still doesnt have anything written down, but i did important stuff

1. i got rid of ian. sorry to yall that had vague plans with him, but tbh he was always just kinda "dante without the flirting" by design, since i made him in part to replace dante when i thought i couldn't use him for v7. once i got dante back, i was kinda lost for what to do with him, so here we are.

2. way more importantly: i have a new child theyre cute please love them

hit me up w/ stuff for my new kid, or any of my old kids, just stuff in general pls thanks
v7 kids

the future

backslash
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hi I love Zen
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Characters

Others

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
Paige/EP/Plush, they/them pronouns pls thanks :3
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
backslash
Feb 16 2018, 12:53 AM
Hi I love Zen
u stole my line
SotF Characters

the highest honor i'll ever achieve

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

backslash
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Emprexx Plush
Feb 16 2018, 12:54 AM
backslash
Feb 16 2018, 12:53 AM
Hi I love Zen
u stole my line
ur 2 slow
Characters

Others

TheLordOfAwesome
Member Avatar
Survivor
[ *  * ]
Lucas would know Zen since he is in the drama club, and would probably be on good terms with them since he is a nice guy. He would probably be thrown off by their androgynous and would feel unsure if he should flirt with them since they look like a girl, but what if they are just a really cute boy? Would probably appreciate their enthusiasm and would probably bring them into his projects if they showed the interest, but he'll probably have them help with technical work since he probably wouldn't be too impressed by their acting unless he had a role that was specifically tailored for them.

Would definitely know Sierra from parties. Sierra might not like them initially, but I could see Zen possibly worming their way into Sierra's heart with their need to get people to like them. At which point Sierra would be pretty nice to them, and maybe Zen has a crush on her. Sierra for her part would find them adorable and would be a little bit protective of them.
V7 Charcters

Aloha
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Hey....new best friend

I think Zen and Robin's friendship would be relatively new. They likely met in the drama club and meshed well due to their bombastic attitudes, and perhaps Robin was the one who introduced them to K-pop. She loves them to death (likely platonically, cause idk if Robin's bi or not) either way.
Characters

Chat Quotes

Arts!

Open to constructive criticism!

Frozen Smoke
Member Avatar
Restored from Cryogenic sleep
[ *  * ]
Hey Fenris - Boy that's a lot of kids yah got! Let me take some stabs at figuring out where Faith stands against them, and let me know if I hit or miss :)

Dante and Faith could be a fun one, and Faith would totally take his flirting in good humour and almost certainly fire back a bit, especially if in a party setting where she can let her hair down. Faith wouldn't be interested in taking it into the actual relationship stage though, which he might take personally, but the mutual sly flirting could also be the basis of a pretty cool friendship between them. Depending on what particular religion he falls into, he might also have noted Faith fading out of the congregation, though I'm unsure how he'd take that.

We've talked a bit about Ivy and Faith before, with the general feeling being something along the lines of frenemies, which is probably not helped by Faith having a weird on-and-off sort-of Friends-with-Benefits relationship with Wyatt. Faith makes at least a token effort to stay on her good side, but sees her as someone who earned their position by effectively virtue of being pretty and privileged, and lose a little bit of respect for her over that.

Faith and Axel... Well, a lot is going to hinge on that first meeting at a party. If he can play it well and get on her good side, there's a good chance they both have fond memories of that party, and the night afterwards. He gets bonus points if he can nail something in the rock range. The bad boy image doesn't really sit well with her though, and if he tries to play that up to her, she's going to steer well clear of him in the future. If Faith ain't his type, she'll probably have a neutral opinion of him, but appreciate the tunes at parties at least.

Can't see Artem and Faith really interacting in any capacity, except maybe making a few lazy Dracula jokes at his expense occasionally.

Given that they're both pretty extroverted, I imagine Zen and Faith have at least interacted, though Faith is going to roll her eyes so hard you could power Chattanooga off of it over her dependency issues as someone who thinks of herself as strong and independent. She's really not, but y'know. Doubt she'd be into Faith's aesthetic as it's the least flashy thing in the world, especially at school, and she is openly as straight as a rule so no dice there.
V7 Stuff!

Criticism or thoughts on my writing are welcome and appreciated - always looking to improve!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
« Previous Topic · V7 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply