Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
fenris's (not-yet-)dead kids; might as well make a thread right
Topic Started: Aug 18 2017, 05:09 PM (1,691 Views)
Fenris
Member Avatar
the consummate paragon
[ *  *  * ]
hey yall im updating my relationship thread!! also i'm gay!! wow!!

(color coding: dating, past hookups/exes/etc, best friends, friends, neutral (vaguely friendly-to-vaguely antagonistic), dislike (one-sided or otherwise), enemies)

Dante Valiero

Ivy Langley

Nia Karahalios

Axel Fontaine

Artem Fyodorov

Zen Alicea Feliciano
Edited by Fenris, Yesterday, 1:03 AM.
"Well, Fenris, the King of Gossip. We meet again."
v7 kids

the future
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CrossbowPig
Member Avatar
Tryhard
[ *  *  * ]
Violet is another Violinist, so the two would at the very least know each other through that. Violet's also a gentle and nice kid who's lived in Chattanooga her whole life, but as far as interests go and how things are I think something like this is up to you as far as closeness goes, though I definitely see Violet at the very least in the outer circle of friends. Lucas probably resents her for some banal reason or another, likely something about her being some popular faker kid, though he acts nice enough around her because of her influence. Max is conservative - maybe a little too far conservative - and one of the more well-off kids financially, and though he probably disapproves of some of her habits I can't exactly see the two being on the worst terms relative to some of his relations with other kids. If something else speaks to you here I'm open to exploring it.

Speaking of Max's relations with other kids, I'm pretty more-than-sure that Max doesn't like Nia. Could have been something early on in childhood where they were "friends" but she kept bugging him with trivia so much that he got annoyed, or just now that he decides that her being shown kindness for being disabled is holding everyone else back, not entirely sure yet. Nia also falls into the small category of people Violet likes very little, since she charges for Tarot readings while also detesting it, an act she considers one of the things bringing down the craft as a whole. Violet probably started offering Tarot readings to her classmates for free for this very reason. If you want a peace-treaty worked out then that could be arranged, but for the time being this is how Violet would respond to this action. Lucas doesn't really mind her though. She's just a mute girl who doesn't harm anyone to him. Might have bought a Tarot reading, maybe vents around her, but he doesn't mind her all the same.

Lucas is very confused about Axel. On the one hand, he's probably given him a dollar or two when he's walked by him busking, but on the other hand, he resents how playing top 40 music gets him so many hookups. While Lucas doesn't have strong musical preferences of his own, popular stuff makes his head hurt. Violet may have come across him, listened to a song, and then asked naively if he knew In The Aeroplane Over The Sea or Fake Plastic Trees, and walked away disappointed when he didn't/gave extra when he did. Max just hears another pretentious lute-playing degenerate and gives him fake Christian dollar bills when he walks past.
~~~~~ Sadly CBP looked at a SOTF character. It was so sad... such a sad character... like him... he only waned a normal life... was that too much to ask? was it?

NOW: V7

SOON: V7

DEAD: V6

MAYBE: V?

Ryuki
Member Avatar
Survivor
[ *  * ]
I think Yuki would get along with Nia. It'd be nice for her have someone to have intellectual conversations with, even if that someone happens to be mute. They could have a tutoring session, one where she teaches Nia math, social studies, or even fantasy writing, while Nia teaches her ASL. Zach would definitely get on her nerves. Nia probably wouldn't like him making fun of her for being mute.

Axel and Yuki share a common interest in fantasy novels, also she's tolerant of LGBT individuals, because her sister is also bisexual. Ned and Axel could find common ground on video games.

Ivy's opinions on my characters might range from annoying to mildly entertaining. What would probably be interesting is that she'd find Zach amusing, in a courtroom jester sort of way. She wouldn't like him as a person, but she could feed him some gossip that he could use to prank others. I bet she wouldn't be a big fan of Ned's voice acting, especially his goofier voices.
Edited by Ryuki, Aug 18 2017, 09:16 PM.
Art

Character Concepts
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Somersault
Member Avatar
i'm a boss ass bitch (bitch bitch)
[ *  * ]
Keisha and Ivy probably gossip a lot, and if Ivy needs a token poor friend so she can pretend she isn't completely classist, Keisha's down for it! Also, Keisha would probably be on okay terms with Nia and Axel, especially Axel so she can pretend she's straight. Meeep.

Kelly might actually know Ivy from way way back, so they might be old friends who don't talk so much anymore? Bc Kelly's also quite rich, and has lived in Chattanooga for like forever. But not rlly old money, sooooo?

Abaynesh and Nia would def be friends! They could just have a lot of academic discussions and stuff, and Abaynesh would gladly offer Nia her amazing blueberry muffins.
here's my v7 planning thread or whatever
C-H-A-T-T-A-N-O-O-G-A

V7 HERE WE COME

Concepts

Art Thangs

Let Them Fly Free

Fenris
Member Avatar
the consummate paragon
[ *  *  * ]
Added a couple of things I forgot about Ivy, particularly that she's in church choir and possibly in school choir as well.

@CrossbowPig:

@Ryuki:

@Somersault:
v7 kids

the future

Dr. Adjective
Member Avatar
We've given everything we can,
[ * ]
I think we spoke about this briefly before but some thoughts;

Ivy: Heather's friends with Gaelan, who I'm reasonably sure detests Ivy, so she's no big fan either. The feeling's probably mutual. Akiem likely doesn't interact with her much, but if she is on his radar he's probably not too fond of her either; he's humble and kind and none too keen on her brand of toxic bitchiness.

Nia: Probably not on either of my kids' aforementioned radars. Heather's probably inadvertently upset her at some point in the past, but wouldn't mean any harm intentionally, so there's that. If Akiem ever saw her getting picked on he'd intervene, but may be pretty intimidating, so make of him what you will.

Axel: Hoo boy. Again Akiem probably doesn't cross paths with him much, probably pretty neutral. Heather though... depends on how he approaches her. Chances are she's snapped at and/or taken a swing at him at some point if he got too amorous, not sure how forward you intend for him to be.
V7 Ideas

Posted Image
No no no, you're shakin' it all wrong!

Somersault
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Ok, great Fenris! Everything seems like it's in order.
C-H-A-T-T-A-N-O-O-G-A

V7 HERE WE COME

Concepts

Art Thangs

Let Them Fly Free

backslash
Member Avatar
Celestial
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ivy... I can see her and Myles Roux possibly having a complicated relationship. He's a big gossip and hangs around with the popular crowd, but his family is lower class and he's pretty envious and resentful of rich kids. There could be some love-hate or mutual disdain going on here. Dolly Upton is from a pretty well-off family and as mentioned in the country club thread, the Uptons and the Langleys probably encounter each other just by virtue of moving in the same circles. She and Ivy could possibly chat about fashion or similar things but I don't imagine they'd be close. Astor and Andy probably don't interact with her much at all; Andy might be on Ivy's radar by virtue of being a fairly attractive athlete but he's pretty bad with girls and runs with a crowd that Ivy's not part of.

Nia: Now Nia I can see possibly being pretty close to Dolly! They have mutual interests and Dolly, like Nia, doesn't have many super close friends. Astor Maradona would be nice and friendly to her when they cross paths as well. She probably wouldn't interact much with Myles or Andy.

Axel: Axel and Andy could be buddies, since they're both guitarists, enjoy socializing and parties, video games and smoking pot. Depending on Axel's taste in dudes, Myles might possibly be a past fling (or even a recurring one since iirc Myles' current Thing is not exclusive). He and Astor I don't necessarily see being close, but they'd be friendly with each other, and idk if he and Dolly would even be on each other's radars.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Characters

Others

Fenris
Member Avatar
the consummate paragon
[ *  *  * ]
I JUST edited the OP to clear up the things I'm looking for section, add some things I forgot (how the hell did I forget that Ivy's a cheerleader), and to add Ian! I'll get to y'all's posts in just a sec ;w;
v7 kids

the future

Somersault
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
ALSO ALSO Keisha's a cheerleader, so maybe she and Ivy also know each other through that?
C-H-A-T-T-A-N-O-O-G-A

V7 HERE WE COME

Concepts

Art Thangs

Let Them Fly Free

backslash
Member Avatar
Celestial
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Scooting in here to say that Astor and Ian should be BFFs (after Bucky, nobody can replace Bucky)
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Characters

Others

Fenris
Member Avatar
the consummate paragon
[ *  *  * ]
@Dr. Adjective: Ivy'd be openly disdainful of Heather for sure (though probably not to her face; she doesn't want to get hit). Less so of Akiem; they wouldn't get along but she's too socially conscious to hate on someone so well-liked. If they ever interacted for some reason she'd be perfectly cordial toward him. Nia's not easily upset nor easily intimidated, but I don't think she'd have much of a relation with either, yeah. As for Axel, he generally backs off pretty quickly (for all his flaws he can at least take a hint), but I'd totally be down for him having gotten drunk one time and been a little too slow to leave her be. Also, now that I've finished Ian, I imagine he'd absolutely be a friend of Akiem's, being a sweet, church-going athlete and all. I haven't decided if he's a football player and would be his teammate yet, but even if not I'm sure they run in the same circles.

@backslash: I popped over to your thread and I think we're on the same page! I think Myles and Ivy would be friends of convenience, friendly with each other so long as they're in the same friend circles and have gossip to share (with some hidden resentment on Myles' part; Ivy would be pretty indifferent to him). Ivy'd definitely be friendly toward Dolly for familial reasons alone, plus she's officially a choir kid now, so they'd know each other through that. They wouldn't be close necessarily but they could definitely be friends (and yeah, talk about fashion). She probably ignores Andy and Astor for the most part, though she quietly thinks Andy's pretty cute.

Nia and Dolly would totally get along, for occulty things and because Nia loves befriending people who are into niche stuff. And Axel and Andy could totally be guitar bros/party friends. Is Andy's garage band already all set up? Cause if he needs a singer, Axel's got nothing better to do. I could see Myles being one of his past hookups; he keeps it casual in all things and he's still pretty much closeted so he probably wouldn't openly acknowledge Myles at all. And I'm absolutely down for Astor and Ian being best friends. Maybe Astor could help get the poor kid to take some more risks. :p

@Somersault: Yeah, definitely! More reasons for them to get along.
v7 kids

the future

backslash
Member Avatar
Celestial
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Fenris
Aug 19 2017, 11:08 PM
@backslash: I popped over to your thread and I think we're on the same page! I think Myles and Ivy would be friends of convenience, friendly with each other so long as they're in the same friend circles and have gossip to share (with some hidden resentment on Myles' part; Ivy would be pretty indifferent to him). Ivy'd definitely be friendly toward Dolly for familial reasons alone, plus she's officially a choir kid now, so they'd know each other through that. They wouldn't be close necessarily but they could definitely be friends (and yeah, talk about fashion). She probably ignores Andy and Astor for the most part, though she quietly thinks Andy's pretty cute.

Nia and Dolly would totally get along, for occulty things and because Nia loves befriending people who are into niche stuff. And Axel and Andy could totally be guitar bros/party friends. Is Andy's garage band already all set up? Cause if he needs a singer, Axel's got nothing better to do. I could see Myles being one of his past hookups; he keeps it casual in all things and he's still pretty much closeted so he probably wouldn't openly acknowledge Myles at all. And I'm absolutely down for Astor and Ian being best friends. Maybe Astor could help get the poor kid to take some more risks. :p
Garage band is in fact looking for more members currently and I don't believe we've got a confirmed singer! Andy and Empress Plush's Helena Fury are confirmed members and they're lead guitarist and bassist, respectively.
Characters

Others

Fenris
Member Avatar
the consummate paragon
[ *  *  * ]
backslash
Aug 19 2017, 11:13 PM
Fenris
Aug 19 2017, 11:08 PM

Garage band is in fact looking for more members currently and I don't believe we've got a confirmed singer! Andy and Empress Plush's Helena Fury are confirmed members and they're lead guitarist and bassist, respectively.
Awesome! Axel would absolutely be down. We should probably discuss Band Things in another thread or PMs. :D
v7 kids

the future

Yugikun
Member Avatar
maybe if you're lucky the random avatar will sync up to the character you're reading right now
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm so sorry
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · V7 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply