Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
V7 Foncept Clash Prompts; yugi made me do it
Topic Started: Aug 15 2017, 03:47 AM (818 Views)
Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
For some reason I am chosen successor to the Yugi derived thread that is Ciel derived. V7 isn't even starting pregame for at least another few months but I think more time is better for this sort of thing.

Works like the original threads did, essentially, throw me a character and whatever information you feel is relevant about them (anything from blurbs to full profile links to expansive novella length life story/dossier combinations are accepted. Because of MurderWeasel, i reserve the right to stop giving a fuck at a certain threshhold of info). I will contemplate, meditate, decapitate myself, then spit out a prompt for a scene involving your character that may be turned into any sort of thing you feel it could be turned into. Some short story or another, could become a oneshot or a full scene in V7 Pregame proper, could be recycled and turned into island threads, meh I don't care. If you don't like the prompt you can ask for another. Prompt as much of your cast as you want, as long as they are V7-destined characters. One prompt per character submitted though.

One other point. I will be avoiding controversial/subversive prompt ideas as a rule. At least by my definition of such, so don't look for me to rock the boat in terms of edgy content or what have you.

Hit me up, I'm 👀 all hours of the day except most of them tbh

Edited by Cicada Days, Aug 15 2017, 03:58 AM.
V7

V6 - Like you imagined when you... were young...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

NotAFlyingToy
Member Avatar
the bass and the tweeters make the speakers go to war
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Skinny Trevor Sharpe is a fast-talking drug enthusiast oldest of 3 african american brothers living in a single one story home. He sells narcotics and is verbally abusive.
A list of the dying, a list of the damned.

V6
V5
Future

Yugikun
Member Avatar
maybe if you're lucky the random avatar will sync up to the character you're reading right now
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I will be one of the first off with miss Teresa Rojas and Yuko Hayashibara, if you may.
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Hi! I have a blog! Please check it out and follow and stuff!

Posted Image

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
You've been counting stars, now you're counting on me
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Phillip Olivares is a gentle, mild-mannered Christian Juggalo who would like you all to know about the gloriously subtle and nuanced morality play of the Dark Carnival. Also he sometimes wears a ridiculous rainbow top hat with a propeller on top.
V7:
Juliette Sargent drawn by Mimi and Ryuki
Alton Gerow drawn by Mimi
Lavender Ripley drawn by Mimi
Phillip Olivares drawn by Ryuki
Library Vee
Misty Browder

SansaSaver
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Kween I am all over this!! Pls gimme one for my baby Tristan O’ Hara! Am toying with some other additional stuff to add to his concept, but IDK yet so won’t throw at y’all just yet! (He also often wears a black velvet top hat from his fav op shop.)
Version Seven:
Tristan O’Hara
Dorothea Rodriguez
Ariana Simpson

Past Characters:

Ryuki
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Ned Jackson is an aspiring voice voice actor. He likes cartoons, anime, and video games. He is friendly and talkative, if not a bit overzealous of his interests. Regardless, Ned likes to entertain others and make them smile.
Art

Character Concepts

Somersault
Member Avatar
i'm a boss ass bitch (bitch bitch)
[ *  * ]
Gimme one for Abaynesh Dula, shy Ethiopian gurl who loves reading, wrestling and baking. Also lives in a crowded apartment above the restaurant her parents run.
here's my v7 planning thread or whatever
C-H-A-T-T-A-N-O-O-G-A

V7 HERE WE COME

Concepts

Art Thangs

Let Them Fly Free

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
Paige/EP/Plush, they/them pronouns pls thanks :3
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
MurderWeasel
Aug 15 2017, 04:15 AM
Phillip Olivares is a gentle, mild-mannered Christian Juggalo who would like you all to know about the gloriously subtle and nuanced morality play of the Dark Carnival. Also he sometimes wears a ridiculous rainbow top hat with a propeller on top.
I dunno how I missed what is undoubtedly the greatest character in SotF history but I'm really glad he'll be gracing our lives. I'm also looking forward to when he unexpectedly dies in the middle of his profile.

For my part, hit me with something for the saddest boy Jeremiah Rumple!
SotF Characters

the highest honor i'll ever achieve

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

CrossbowPig
Member Avatar
CBP
[ *  *  *  * ]
Violet Schmidt would like a few words.
~~~~~ Creativity's Burning Pyre ~~~~~

NOW: V7

DEAD: V6

MAYBE: V?

Malloon
Member Avatar
Survivor
[ *  * ]
The history of this site never stops giving, doesn't it? I love this idea. I'd like prompts for Chloe, Joey and Keith, if you please.
V6 Character:
Benjamin "Squirrel" Lichter [ ~ / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / > ] - You'll find him in the clouds.
V7 Characters:
Chloe Bruges [ - ] - You'll find her doing math.
Joseph "Joey" Quintero - You'll find him writing speaches.
Keith Rogers - You'll find him out with his gang.

In the unlikely event you want to use my characters...

Aloha
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Ooh man, I'm wondering if you've got anything for Alison Bernhiesel?
Characters

Chat Quotes

Arts!

Open to constructive criticism!

Dannyrulx
Member Avatar
The guy who went AFK for a few months
[ *  *  * ]
Elizabeth Wilson is a quiet, reclusive girl to two parents who normally never would have met. She lost her left eye in a childhood accident, and has taken up photography and blogging to fill out the fact she doesn't have many real-world friends. She's also pretty religious too.

Jamie Goodman is a wannabe competitive gamer on the PC and a casual drug user, who does the bare minimum in school. He's saving up for a round the world trip.
Edited by Dannyrulx, Aug 16 2017, 04:30 PM.
You don't win the game of death by dying first. The name's a little misleading.

My Characters

[/spoiler]

Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
i evaluate

Naft

Consider a scene wherein Skinny and a brother are having a talk or perhaps petty argument around the home, wherein Skinny has the nagging sense, justified or otherwise, that his brother is somehow judging Skinny for his drug dealing. I will leave it up to you whether Skinny's brothers are in the know to any degree or completely in the dark. Play around with a narrative focus oriented first and foremost on a thorough elucidation of the thought process of Skinny, to an extent where the actual dialogue from both sides and the general external environment merely drive the twists and turns of the reader journey through Skinny's thoughts. In short an almost entirely internal dialogue for the entire story.

Yugi

For Teresa consider a solo scene where Teresa is somehow actively contemplating some aspect of her expressiveness and aesthetic. Perhaps she is using a mirror to evaluate herself dancing or perhaps she is trying on new combinations of her wardrobe and thinking about how she looks as she tries things on.

For Yuko consider a scene, set in her more awkward puberty years, where she is alone practicing kicking soccer goals, or is doing softball sliding drills, anything that is quite physical and requires her to be running around and using a lot of space relatively. It turns out she is being watched by a guy (for reasons never made clear to us as the readers, perhaps implied at the absolute most) she had a crush on at the time. Walk us through her reaction, how it affects her doing her work on the field.

For both of these prompts I will ask you consider how to paint a scene for us as readers through environmental detail and the impulse of emotion carried through your choice of words for details of actions and the sensory input we receive from Yuko and Teresa as readers. Avoid giving us directly voiced thoughts as much as possible.

Murderweasel

For Philip perhaps you could depict for us a scene where Philip is interacting with NPCs, or actual player characters if you can make it happen! So in this scene he's discussing quite casual things, but is given a clear (or perhaps misinterpreted) opportunity to segue into an ICP discussion with the others, and you will walk us through the rest of the scene until the discussion lapses back into normalcy, however you decide that goes, and perhaps show us some of the aftermath. For this scene I'm going to propose you break the flow of incoming information into bits and pieces strategically, purposely excise portions of Philip's thought processes, what he says, what others say to him, gloss over things to paint a potentially different picture for the audience compared to how you actually visualized the scene.

Sansa

For Sansa Tristan I would like you to envision a scene where Tristan lets down one of his former flames in an earlier time of his high school career. And it is a fairly peaceful and amicable break up for both parties, at least externally. They part ways peacefully at the end of the scene. Bring us into Tristan's thoughts. However Tristan actually feels about what is happening is up to you, what I believe the focus should be on is painting a very... normal scene. Consider to avoid painting undertones of anything into the narrative, avoid linking the drama of the moment to anything deeper within the character. Stay shallow and on the surface. Paint the scene and it's emotions strictly within the moment and let that ebb and flow in real time speak for Tristan's mentality solely.
V7

Kermit
Member Avatar
eEeEEEeEEEeeEeeeee
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
wow hi

May I have some prompts for These dumb nerds? (Michael Froese, Valerija Bogdanovic, and Maxwell Fenster)

tank u vvv much
"Kermit you are the guy in the horror movie that finds a book bound in human skin and decides to read out loud what is inside for fun" - some mean lady named Ruggahissy

i make art i think????

Sadly kermit looked at a mariavel. It was so sad... such a sad mariavel... like him... he only waned a normal life... was that too much to ask? was it?

Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ryuki

Depict a scene of some sort where Ned must rapidly transition through a series of different voices, maybe framed as recording lines for one of his videos or practicing impressions otherwise, perhaps even framing it in terms of an acted out conversation with the self. Perhaps also make the swapping between voices the pacing device for the story as a whole, it begins and ends bookends, with a question that is answered, or a phrase that is repeated. I'd really like to see the ebb and flow of Ned's mentality, how it shifts as he has to 'shift characters', so the focus of the narrative should be significantly internal and focused on Ned's thought process and the idiosyncrasies within it, perhaps with the environment being really more of a backdrop than actually featuring in any significant manner within the narrative.

Somersault

Consider writing a scenario wherein Abaynesh is either accidentally (due to mistaken identity perhaps) or purposely the acting representative of the family restaurant when a particularly annoyed/belligerent customer has complaints to vent. Walk us through the full conversation, however you decided to resolve it, but I'd like to see a PoV from outside the perspective of Abaynesh herself. Someone observing the situation, or even the complaining customer themselves. This perspective should be more character neutral, perhaps, without an especially affected or rich narrative style, emphasizing the role of subtle external and observable cues to paint the situation at large, Abaynesh's character and emotions under duress, and so on.

Plush

Hmm, for Jeremiah. Write a scene where he must parlay with a teacher or some other concerned authority figure like a counselor, and to preempt you slightly here their interest in helping should be from your perspective as writer genuine (if not our perspective as reader). However Jeremiah is responding and dealing with the stress of stuff that might not be what he wants to hear I feel like I'd like to see a perspective that is very heavily internal and played straight, the thoughts should be delivered to us as an audience directly, without anything intervening. Minimal poetic language, and also avoid shifting into any perspective that is not his own two eyes, for example trying to write a line from a more neutral third person viewpoint. Just his raw, perhaps stream-of-conscious flow of emotions and energies in response to the situation he is in.

CBP

I'd like to see a retrospective written from the point of view of Bob and Carol on their opinions of Violet in the recent years, of course colored by what they know of her history as her parents. How they might react to her interests and the nature of her relationships, for example. I think the consideration here should primarily be that Bob and Carol are likely 'muggles' to some extent, or outsiders looking into the more odd aspects of Violet's character and persona, or even if they have their own quirks I'd like to see you handle a more mundane perspective on the unusual. Bob and or Carol should explore the oddities and unusual-ness with a very plain and down to earth prosaic style and perspective in general.
V7

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · V7 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply