Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Battle Royale; Private, Day 11
Topic Started: Aug 5 2017, 09:18 AM (1,506 Views)
Laurels
Member Avatar
Cause what you see isn't always the truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Alba Reyes continued from Family Reunion))

Alba traced her hand along a cafeteria table. The cafeteria was empty as far as she and Fiyori could tell, but that didn't mean they were alone. After making the memorial for the Art Therapy kids, they had spent part of the night wandering the asylum, but didn't manage to find anyone. They turned in early, and tried their best to sleep the night away.

The announcement this morning said they were among "the elite survivors" of their group, which must have meant they were really close to the end. Alba couldn't believe that it was that close to the end. Maybe she would reach nightfall at this rate.

The names were upsetting to hear. They confirmed Fiyori's killing of Caedyn, reminding Alba of the horrible duel from yesterday. Even worse, they revealed that Jon had died. Jae killed him, making that another person Alba cared about that Jae took away. She had wished she had gone with Jon, but she knew there was a chance she would have died as well. She couldn't dwell on what-could-have-beens at this point. She just knew Jae had to go down if she saw him. If anything, she now wished she didn't leave Jon's jacket in the radio tower. She should have kept it as a tribute to him or something.

Alba's murder of Emma Luz was then announced. Emma was revealed to have killed Keith, one of the other bodies in the art therapy room, and the announcer called her their "resident paranoid." It looked like they were making Emma to be the worse person in this situation, but Alba couldn't believe that. Paranoid or not, Emma didn't deserve to die like that.

The Danger Zones also revealed that the kids wouldn't be able to leave the asylum anymore. Now they were more likely to find anyone left. Jae, Kimiko, and Bryony would have to be somewhere in the asylum. The chances of finding anyone were greater now.

Alba turned to Fiyori.

"Do you think this place is clear? I don't know if there's anyone hiding here."
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Okay, we can check the kitchen next," Alba said.

Alba walked down the rows of tables in the direction of the kitchen doors. She continued to trace her hand along the tables. The tables were old, covered in dust, and continuing to waste away in this space. Touching them just reminded her of how old this place was, especially looking around at some of the wall ornaments.

Alba finally cleared out of the tables and approached the double doors of the kitchen. Before she went in, she paused, then turned to face Fiyori.

"Hey, can I get some cover?" she asked. "Sorry, just figure it'd help if someone else was with me."
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Okay then," Alba said.

She pushed the door open, keeping the rifle held up. She looked around, wondering if anyone would come charging out. There could only be so few hiding spaces in a kitchen. But even she had to know that someone could be in any of them.

Alba sighed a bit and moved in, trying to peer around the nearest corner and looking past the rusted kitchen equipment. She didn't see anyone around, but began to move through.

"Hey, Fiyori," Alba said. "Aside from Jae, Kimiko, and Bryony, who do you think is left?"

Alba peered into a walk-in freezer. It was empty.

"I'm just trying to remember who has been on the announcements and not."
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Well, it'd be nice if we knew everyone who was left," Alba said. "I guess they're not going to just list off who's still around. That would be nice though."

Alba continued to look around the area. The freezer and the pantry looked clear. She let out a sigh of relief and turned back to Fiyori.

"Okay, I think the kitchen is clear," she said.

She lowered the gun and looked over at Fiyori. As far as they knew, there were five people left. Out of everyone she ran into, Jae, Bryony, and Kimiko were left. Most people like Brendan, Jon, Maxim, Caedyn, and Kaitlyn were definitely dead. There had to be a few more people she ran into who could still be alive. That's when she remembered one.

"Oh, I guess Blair's still alive," Alba said. "Wow, I can't believe I forgot her considering we saw her the day before yesterday- Oh!"

Alba slapped her forehead.

"Candice! I ran into her when I first saw Brendan and Jon. Holy crap, I can't believe I forgot I ran into her. Okay, so that's seven we know of."

Alba sighed a bit.

"Fiyori, if you could bring one person back who has died so far, who would it be?"
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Probably Brendan," Alba said.

Alba looked down a bit.

"I know that's probably not surprising, but that's who comes to mind."

Alba sighed.

"You know he wanted to find Ty? He felt bad about accidentally killing Bernadette and wanted to make amends. And worse, they both died around the same time, so that will never happen."

Alba pursed her lips a bit. She could feel her body starting to feel weaker the more she talked about Brendan.

"He also told me he loved me, and I really messed up then."
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"I mean, I guess..."

Alba groaned a bit.

"Well, he suddenly told me he loved me, and I was so surprised I didn't know what to say. But he took it as a rejection. Unfortunately, in the very next minute Jae shot him, which kind of prevented us from really talking it out. I ultimately just told Brendan I loved him like family, and he seemed happy about that before he died."

Alba sighed.

"We should have gotten that dealt with before we ended up here."
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Yeah, I guess it is," Alba said. "I probably should have just lied to him at the end. Just to let him die thinking that."

Alba sighed. At least Fiyori wasn't too harsh about this. Alba did have to admit it was nice to be able to goof around a bit and talk like actual teenage girls. It seemed so long ago that she could just relax and talk about something menial like boys and crushes and so on.

"What about you? Did you have anyone you loved or liked that way who ended up here? Or do you have someone back home?"
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Oh...yeah..."

So Fiyori liked Caedyn a bit. That was kind of awkward to think about, considering Caedyn tried to kill both of them.

Alba sighed.

"Well, I guess we could have done better romantically," Alba said. "That's something to think about if we get to go home."

Alba stretched her back a bit.

"So, I guess we're good here. Where should we go next?"
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Alright. Next place then," Alba said, following Fiyori out of the kitchen and back into the cafeteria.

The two of them stepped into the cafeteria. Alba noticed Fiyori taking one last look at the tables and chairs all over the cafeteria, but began to make her way to the door. The cafeteria was clear, but they needed to make sure the hallway was open before they moved out. Alba had made a promise to Fiyori, and she needed to act on it now by taking things way more seriously and being more willing to do what needed to be done to survive. Surely, being the lookout would be a part of that.

Alba had barely gotten two steps from Fiyori when the doors to the cafeteria opened. Alba froze as she saw the figures entering. She couldn't believe it. It was the duo they were most afraid of running into. Kimiko, who murdered Bradley back on the second day and killed several more after that. Jae, who was constantly causing trouble for Alba and killed Brendan and Jon. They were the two most dangerous students left, and now they were here.

Alba noticed Jae was already starting to fumble with his rifle. Alba didn't even need to think. She had the safety off on her gun in a second, then raised the rifle. Now was the time for her to prove she could protect someone, and that she could be the kind of person to take the risks needed to stop the most dangerous people left.

"Run!" she shouted to Fiyori.

She clenched down on the trigger as hard as possible, unleashing a hail of gunfire at Jae and Kimiko, and let out a scream as she did so.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Alba stepped back a bit as she fired. Most of her bullets hit the wall, but it did look like one may have hit Kimiko after she dove to the ground. Jae was firing at Fiyori from outside the cafeteria. Alba noticed Kimiko duck behind a table, so she quickly stepped back as fire was returned.

"Fi! Kitchen!" she shouted.

She began to make her way to the double doors of the kitchen, spraying bullets in the general directions of Kimiko and Jae. She had no clue if she could hit either of them, but she had to hope it was enough.

Fiyori was closer to the kitchen, so Alba could cover her while she got in. Alba continued to step back and fire in a sweeping direction. She prayed this would end quickly. If she and Fiyori were trapped in the kitchen, they'd need to figure a way to defend themselves and escape if needed.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Alba began to hurry her steps a bit towards the kitchen. Fiyori had already hurried in, so Alba could just burst through the doors and take shelter. They knew all the ways in and out of the kitchen, so they could possibly bolt if needed, or surprise Jae and Kimiko by using some of the racks to block them from advancing or hide in the pantry or meat locker for shelter.

Alba took another step backwards, when she suddenly felt sharp pains beneath her knees. She quickly looked down, stopping the immediate hail of bullets, and realizes she was bleeding. Kimiko was under a table, but she had taken a low shot to hit Alba in her legs. Alba let out a cry in pain as she reached the door.

She could feel her heart rate starting to increase. If she was hit in the legs and feet, it'd be hard to run. It'd be hard to do anything. Forget this fight, but she might not make it to the evening at this rate. Suddenly, she felt really scared.

Alba pushed her back to the doors and pushed her way in. As she did, she felt a sharp impact against her torso. She felt herself stumbling backwards, falling into the kitchen. The doors swung shut behind her, but she soon fell onto her backside. The rifle clattered to the ground by her side, along with her two bags.

"Fi!" she cried out, her eyes darting around for Fiyori.

Alba felt some pain emanating from her body, and quickly looked down at her torso. At the side of her body, near her waist, was a growing spot of blood. Her eyes widened and her breathing increased. This couldn't be good.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Alba clutched the wound on the side of her chest. More and more blood was starting to pour out. Alba had gotten her fair share of scrapes and cuts from roller derby and general roughhousing, but this was a lot more blood than she was used to seeing. She could feel herself getting a bit weaker with each breath. Now it was clear to her: she wasn't supposed to survive until the evening. She was supposed to die today.

Fiyori had taken to firing at Kimiko and Jae while she was lying there. Fiyori was still doing fine. She had no clue if Kimiko or Jae were still alive, but as things were, it didn't look like the odds were in their favor. Alba was probably close to running out of ammo, and with her injury preventing her from moving, she was as good as dead as she saw it. The minute Kimiko and Jae decided to burst in, she would likely die.

Alba didn't have long to think, but a thought came to her. Fiyori could die here as well, and Alba couldn't let her friend die like that. She promised Fiyori she'd be strong, that she'd make the right choices when the time came. Now, as she was slowly bleeding out on the floor of some decrepit kitchen on an island somewhere unknown to mankind, the only choice was made clear to her. She had to be brave, and she had to act on it.

She swallowed a lump in her throat, and spoke.

"Fiyori," she began. "Get out of here. Please, just go."

Alba looked over and noticed a window in the corner of the room. It looked large enough for a person to get through it it was open.

"There's a window," she said, pointing to it. "I'll hold them off as long as I can. Just get out before it's too late."

Alba winced as she felt more pain. She looked at Fiyori and gave her a weak smile.

"Sorry, I don't think I'll last until evening, but I can try to stop them for good. Please survive this game. And... please tell my family I loved them."
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Alba looked as Fiyori disappeared out the window. She sighed a bit. At least Fiyori was safe. Alba could rest assured there was at least one person she properly protected here.

She tried to pull herself up a bit, but felt sharp pain from her legs. Her pant legs were becoming darker from blood, and a lot was leaking out from under them onto the kitchen floor. Alba could feel herself getting woozy as she tried to use the rifle to prop herself up a bit. One of the shots to her legs must have hit an artery. Combined with the chest shot, which was probably a lot closer to something vital than she previously assumed, Alba knew she probably had moments left.

That was most likely compounded by the fact that it had been quiet outside. She had no clue if Jae and Kimiko were still there, but she knew they were more likely hanging out in the cafeteria, reloading, and making plans to siege the kitchen. If they came in, they'd likely be able to kill her and then pursue Fiyori. Alba had to do something.

She tried to raise the rifle to the door, but had trouble bringing it up. She could barely move it over to her lap to steady it. She let out a weak sob.

"Please, Lord. Give me strength," she muttered to herself.

Alba soon let go of the rifle, letting it fall to her side. She couldn't shoot them. She was so weak she could probably fail to hit them where it would matter. They could easily shoot her first, and it'd all be for nothing. Jae and Kimiko would be able to continue moving around, and they'd most likely kill everyone left. She had to have something to use for this moment.

That's when she remembered something in her hoodie pocket. She reached her hand inside and felt the object.

"Kaitlyn..."

She pulled the object out. Days ago, Kaitlyn wanted her to prove she was strong, to prove she could survive this game. Alba wasn't going to survive this game, but this was her time to do so.

"Thank you, Kaitlyn," she muttered. "Sorry for everything."

She moved the bags over to her lap. There was a reason she beat Kaitlyn back in that cave, and this was why. She could feel a wave of drowsiness coming over her.

"Bryony, I'm sorry," she muttered, tilting her head down a bit.. "Emma, I'm sorry. Mom, Dad, Carlos, Sofia. I'm sorry. God, please forgive me for my sins."

Alba closed her eyes. She curled her hand around the remote. She moved her thumb over the button.

"Brendan..."

She felt a smile come on, a faint one, but a smile nonetheless.

She heard the door to the cafeteria open. The sound of footsteps came closer.

"...I love you."

She pressed the button.

G035: ALBA REYES
DECEASED
EIGHT STUDENTS REMAIN
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Cafeteria · Next Topic »
Add Reply