Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Meanwhile: V6 Documentary; The documentary is named something like Cochise 2016 or smth
Topic Started: Jul 29 2017, 09:38 AM (228 Views)
Fran
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Introduction:

Hello!

I have a meanwhile idea plan that involves the family of one of the victims of V6 to make a documentary about the Cochise students. They want the children who died during the program to be humanized, so basically they aren't seen as killers or victims but as actual people who had lives before they were kidnapped.

It is led by Michael Shelley, the father of Dorothy Shelley. He crowdfunded the documentary on GoFundMe and he is reaching out to families to interview them, get them to give him some childhood footage, narration of their lives and, you know, things like that.

The goal is to have a documentary that is bittersweet: it shows the lives of kids that got screwed pretty badly but they were still humans deserved to be remembered as such. Therefore, things that are directly refering on stuff that happened on the island (i.e.: footage, narration of what they did/how they died/who they killed, reenactment, ect.) are stricly forbidden.

How to participate:

Anybody can participate to the project.

You only need the rights to the character's family [edit: they don't have to be part of the character's family, original characters are fine as long as they follow the meanwhile guidelines] (either you handled the character or are given the right by another) and you send me your piece of writing for me to like... check over it then post with your credits.

Seriously though anybody can participate I don't mind as long it's not like... a troll post, it's chill.

Things you can do:

In the best of world, the interviews I receive should be written as transcript of the video.

You can see some example here and here (all of them are fine apart from the clean one) (also don't mind the 2010 meme wow). Any other styles are fine as long they convey the characters's personality, their mood, their tone, and it's clear who is speaking.

However I understand it may be hard to adapt your writing from narration to that so I can understand like being unable to do it. It's important to remember however that the more detached it is, the better. You have to write it as if you were watching it and you had to describe it to someone basically.

Something else you can do that is more related to a narrative kind of writing is describing footage that was given by the family to the crew. For example, Ballet Death Squad's perfomance of Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake. You can write it out as you would normally do in the main game, just not from anybody's point of view.

You can include anything related to the crew of the movie like the production. You are allowed to write your character's family reacting to Michael calling them and telling them about the project he is working. That's fine! You just have to send it to me, I'll make sure it's fine and you can post it by yourself since it's not actually included in the documentary itself

At the moment, these are both of the things I can think of that could appear in the documentary. However, if you have an idea for something that can appear, hit me up. This is a collaborative writing project: anybody can participate and anybody can contribute to it.

The crew

I'll make a full list and description of people working on the documentary IC but like everything else related to this project, you can contribute to it. You can, if you want, write a cameraman or the person that will do the interviews. I don't want anybody to focus on that since it's not the best part of the project and it's really my responsibility but if you want to do it: you can.

I'll fill it in as time goes in a post reserved below.

The message I sent to staff if you have like any other questions
Edited by Fran, Jul 29 2017, 02:16 PM.
me by naft
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Fran
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
[Post reserved for the filming crew]
Edited by Fran, Jul 29 2017, 09:39 AM.
me by naft

Fran
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
[List of related meanwhiles]
me by naft

Fran
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
MurderWeasel
Jul 29 2017, 01:46 PM
A question: if someone has a character with, say, connections to some of the dead V6 students but who is not an actual family member, would that also be acceptable for use?

This sounds like an awesome project, and I'm stoked to see the outcome.
I thought I had it clearly written but friends of V6 students, people who didn't go to the trip, and local people living there can all be included in the documentary as long they have a tie to the V6 students, close or far.

For example, a shop owner in Cochise isn't going to show up unless they were employing a student like Alvaro.

edit: me dumb forgot to put it that it can be anyone with ties to the v6 students in the op thats a rip wow
Edited by Fran, Jul 29 2017, 02:16 PM.
me by naft

Fran
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
so since scdos started this project is not really put on hold but i don't anybody is that interest to participate since like, you know, more island things is going on for the general population and im as busy as everyone with it + full-time job so lmao

i will still work on the crew so check back a couple of time a month i guess?
me by naft

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Roleplaying Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply