Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Worm Mafia; The end is nigh, or possibly in the semi-distant future
Topic Started: Jul 26 2017, 08:36 PM (4,023 Views)
CrossbowPig
Member Avatar
Icon!
[ *  *  * ]
y'know at first I thought that "8 posts per day" applied to a 24 hour cycle and not a day phase so i freaked out.

i'll follow Cicada's lead I suppose. what could poooooossibly go wrong?
~~~~~ "We were wrecks before we crashed into each other."

NOW: V7

SOON: V7

DEAD: V6

MAYBE: V?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CrossbowPig
Member Avatar
Icon!
[ *  *  * ]
Oh shit, uh, yes, role received, probably should have made note of that earlier.

I have no clue what bandwagon to jump onto. All of these are super shitposty and unpersuasive, but I feel the peer pressure,

So, uh

Vote: Deamon for being curiously brief in his post.

CrossbowPig
Member Avatar
Icon!
[ *  *  * ]
Not very serious at all. I mean, I don't know how serious to take things yet, so I'm kind of just testing the waters, but I'm pretty sure that briefness of a post at this stage is a pretty un-serious reason to vote someone~

CrossbowPig
Member Avatar
Icon!
[ *  *  * ]
Is this the part where I snap my fingers, go "Darn it!" and start openly twirling my mustache like the villain I've so quickly been made out to be?

In short terms I feel like mountains are being made out of molehills here. I meant nothing by it but the insistence that it "must be a trick!" or that I'm baiting means that I don't think I'll undo it, really, not quite yet.

CrossbowPig
Member Avatar
Icon!
[ *  *  * ]
Fair enough on the part about it being more serious than before, but still, Demon's post in question is around the fifteenth post in, and briefness at this stage is, as stated, expected when they're not much of anything to go off of.

Whatevs. Gag wasn't funny. I gotcha.

CrossbowPig
Member Avatar
Icon!
[ *  *  * ]
I'm hesitant to switch my vote quite just yet but that analysis of Cicada's posts was quick and snappy enough to get me to UNVOTE Deamon. Probably caused more trouble than it was worth anyways. All I can say is that this has been maybe the worst fallout any joke I've ever attempted to make has ever had, lol.

CrossbowPig
Member Avatar
Icon!
[ *  *  * ]
What I meant by quick and snappy was that, in a relatively small amount of words, I was convinced momentarily that there was something going on with Cicada's thing, relatively fast, and "snappy" in the sense that it was concise. Cicada's rebuttal has me questioning things even more.

(I think a few less question marks and maybe just an underline without red would help me not have a heart attack next time I open the thread thanks)

CrossbowPig
Member Avatar
Icon!
[ *  *  * ]
I'm just really unsure what to believe here. While it may seem pointless to some, I want to see how the MW/Yugi (grouped together because both are making the majority of the argument against Cicada) vs. Cicada thing goes for a bit longer before I decide if I want to make a vote one way or the other.

CrossbowPig
Member Avatar
Icon!
[ *  *  * ]
CrossBowParents

What I meant was, it's more a case of either voting for Cicada or a case of not voting, though in the case that a stunning turnabout occurs, I want to, verbally, have left open the possibility of that vote happening so that someone can't be all "Well you were on board why'd you turn tail and run hmm?" though as it stands the chances of that happening are incredibly low.

In short I was trying to protect in the future against this specific kind of exact words shit but maybe I should just stop being so paranoid. I dunno.

CrossbowPig
Member Avatar
Icon!
[ *  *  * ]
Randomness

@CBP Sorry, but what do you mean by a turnabout and why do you think it is unlikely?

I just feel convinced enough by Yugi's argument that he's putting forward, and there isn't anything about what's been said by Cicada to defend his arguments that would lead me to believe he isn't onto something here. Say he gets caught in a lie, or assumes something that reaches a bit far, or uses a piece of information nobody has, and he has to get his way out of that, or reason why he assumed that, or do some backpedalling, that's what I'd see as a turnabout, but as it stands, I can't divine that from what he's saying - I don't predict that happening right now based on how his prosecution has been going, so to speak. I'm wary, but that's how it is right now.

MW

A preemptive defense is, generally speaking, the goal of someone keeping a close eye on not getting lynched. That's more of a scum mindset than a town one (though it's been seen a lot with newer town players of late, so is not all on its own a thing).

Newer player is the keyword here. I don't like having to bring outside information into this, but in all fairness to myself this is my first mafia experience on the site, and the only other experience I've had with the game was in a much faster paced version meant to be played real time over voice chat, and lacks a lot of the features this has.

CrossbowPig
Member Avatar
Icon!
[ *  *  * ]
There's probably something worth examining in here. Whatever. You are all, clearly, better at this than I am, good at this game enough to be able to convince yourself that killing one of your own is the best thing to do. I could Vote: MW for spearheading this rally against me but at this point what's it gonna do? I could preempt an argument, but that would be suspicious. I could claim defeat in some manner, but that, too, would be suspicious. So, in all honesty, I'm fucked either way.

But if I'm fucked, then you guys are fucked too. That's just how this goes.

However quickly this happened I guess I'm resigned to your decision. I can't exactly hold it against you, can I?

Just worth noting how quickly the group of people who were most active - being Deamon, Yugi, and MW, all turned on me in roughly the same amount of time, after having barely said anything to me this entire time, as if targeting me. Cicada could reasonably have been in on it too - the four of them, conspiring against us all, staging a mock debate over which one of them is mafia before they turn on someone they know isn't - is that too much speculation? Is anything good enough for the masses?

Like I've said, I'm pretty resigned to it.

Quote:

Day 2 will exonerate me.

CrossbowPig
Member Avatar
Icon!
[ *  *  * ]
Yeah, that's the vote I'll be putting forward.

CrossbowPig
Member Avatar
Icon!
[ *  *  * ]
Quote:

but CBP's behavior yesterday seems more dangerous to me,

An apology at this point is absolutely worthless from me but for what it's worth, two days has given me a bit of space to think over how badly I overreacted and my general inexperience with this, and in hindsight I guess my words could have been seen as more than suspect. That said, I still think that, for a first day accusation, things felt a bit fishy. Probably because I'm the one being accused and thus I'm inclined to defend myself in whatever way, but still.

MW's mini-analysis of Yugi's post looks sound - or reads into the post enough for me to believe it's a smart interpretation - but I'm hesitant to offer any support other than nodding in agreement that there's something there.

CrossbowPig
Member Avatar
Icon!
[ *  *  * ]
Of all the roles to have been role-blocked, Tracker is probably one of the least offensive to claim. On those grounds I'm inclined to believe Yugi's role claim, though I'm still unsure if the "No Result" would mean nothing happened or that it was blocked.

CrossbowPig
Member Avatar
Icon!
[ *  *  * ]
Quote:

because the thing is that I did use my power in the night phase.

Suspicious claim is suspicious. It seems like, in trying to cast suspicion on Yugi, you've raised some questions about yourself. In all fairness it's a useful role-claim, since it gives us a reason why Yugi might be falseclaiming if you're correct.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Mafia · Next Topic »
Add Reply