Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Worm Mafia; The end is nigh, or possibly in the semi-distant future
Topic Started: Jul 26 2017, 08:36 PM (4,031 Views)
Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
yugi probably still somehow OP hmmm

Shitposting aside I'll get one of my 8 done today and in advance say not particularly substantive that people are going to look too much into 👀
The Dies Before First Rolls Squad

The Nights
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Is trolling and shitposting also considered signs of legit suspicion tho :0

The Nights

Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
see if I could vote myself I totally would

but actually like I can set up a win-win for myself here since either I help eliminate myself or get zetsu to kick me from the game for sheer incompetence so alea iacta est

Vote: Cicada

The Nights

Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
But what if I commit to the joke and keep voting myself? Anyways I have no knowledge of what you've done in past games because I avoid Mafia as a rule, so on.

Suppose there could be an aspect of oddity to CBP's post because I don't read the tone as joking but I don't see the inherent value of a blind non-bandwagony shitpost vote as of yet, to either side. Something meta I'm missing, I'm sure.

The Nights

Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I just don't think there's much to it in terms of strategic shitposting value, unless CPB is trying to set himself up as bait for either side by acting blatant.

The Nights

Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  * ]

(this is a pure shitpost)

The Nights

Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
^ video thumbnail actually slightly nsfw tbh

I agree with Random, kind of. In a vacuum bereft of other infos, acknowledging stylistic choices in the shitposting could tell us things like 'effort put into crafting this' which would imply early intent. I intuit (sans actual Mafia knowledge) that town are typically less likely to put in effort early on without any extra info to go off of, as opposed to Mafia who want to set a precedent from the get go with their extra meta knowledge.

aka i implicate myself 👀

The Nights

Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
No, I do think it's an over read. I suppose I'm speculating to sniff out if there's anything more to be had.

The Nights

Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
@Random: The angle I was coming from is that mafia having expanded meta knowledge could allow them to strategically sew dissent/chaos/panic! at the disco and so they can use activity to their advantage, as opposed to town who have to be all ???. I think my logic at the time accounted for townies who have no power role so they're like 'eh' in terms of trying to sniff things out and so they let others lead the discussion? This is just my intuition since I rarely play Mafia at all. I get your point as well and it's probably the more accurate take on things.

@Yugi: Ooh okay let's see it! Pretty sure you're going to be right.

The Nights

Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
i mean it could just be the case that i never drop the meme form right

But to try and go for a more legitimate I'm going to make several points to defend myself. I dropped out from that mafia you cited me being in fairly early on without having accomplished much, is that really a positive correlation with 'Cicada has skillz to write home about?' Then there's my back and forth with Randomness and MW, to a lesser extent the fact that I'm messing up the basic rules should point to how thorough and informed a player I'm trying to be. Seat of my pants pretty much.

So like digressing to @MW I think the way you'll see the phrasing of the originally quoted post is that I was making a hypothetical off information I had realized was false anyways. Just to make a point or smth I dunno there's like nothing happening, or at least there wasn't until I accidentally painted a target on my own back.

Back to @Yugi (imma @ u boy try and stop me 👀👀👀) I'm going to go with the 'what would be my own motive' thought experiment here? What exactly is it that would lead me to try and play such an obvious bluff? Consider that if I'm Mafia and I'm actively trying to go for such a bluff I'm only drawing needless lynch attention to myself and as far as I'm aware there's nothing any role can do to prevent the straight up lynch, might be some stupid variant role buried in some mafia game run on Gaia Online or whatever that Zetsu randomly dug up I dunno. If I wanted to 'play' stupid to try and convince you guys wouldn't I have done it in a way that's more subtle and believable? Since I was supposedly conniving enough to come up with the 'act dumb' plan in the first place? I just don't think you can objectively look at acting the way I did as being in any manner beneficial for Mafia on the margin as far as I can tell by looking at the various situation, there's just no benefit to be derived from the risk, it's not like Mafia can do anything with having a member lynch target themselves.

Only Riki jumped onto the wagon immediately so yeah might be interesting to get a deeper insight into why he jumped onboard so fast. I'm also doing this to muddy the waters a bit in my favor, say this was indeed a Mafia plot to put a token vote or two my way to make both members seem less suspicious, I wouldn't exactly want to turn it around back on him, right?

The Nights

Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Just because I have no idea what I'm doing doesn't mean I can't try my best at intuiting it though. One doesn't need to know the meta of the game or it's specifics in any great detail, just having the basic idea of what the point of Mafia and some basic grasp on group dynamics is enough for me to take a shot at being a proactive player (albeit it seems to be dangerously close to shooting me in the foot so far so maybe I should have just shut up and barely posted).

As an aside, take a look at my Hammers and my various Discussion posts on the proper site. I just naturally type with a lot of attempts at explaining myself and whatever like this when not trying to filter myself through a character voice, so I don't think I'm acting in a contrived enough manner that might hint I'm going for a specific endgoal/result here.

The Nights

Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm not actually sure what you're seeing here? I'm going to give up on defending myself since I'm legit not sure how I'm supposed to be phrasing things to not give off the signs I'm supposedly giving.

The Nights

Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I think MW and Yugi have logically separate arguments against me though that may just be stylistically how they both play. Assuming I'm town and at least one of them is Mafia taking advantage of my running my mouth to frame me I think there's at least decent odds it's one of:

- One is Town making a valid query and the other is opportunist Mafia
- Or that one is Mafia muddying the waters and one is Town jumping on due to legit concerns

Because, like, I don't think two Mafia would overtly try to make a connection between themselves as a voting bloc this early on.

The Nights

Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Also just in case I don't get around to it later Unvote: Cicada. The meme has run on for long enough now that I'm in legit danger.

The Nights

Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
@fogue: which assumption i've made like 8000

The Nights

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Mafia · Next Topic »
Add Reply