Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Worm Mafia; The end is nigh, or possibly in the semi-distant future
Topic Started: Jul 26 2017, 08:36 PM (4,014 Views)
Yugikun
Member Avatar
maybe if you're lucky the random avatar will sync up to the character you're reading right now
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Claiming Bonesaw. Everybody else say that they're not Bonesaw so that we can confirm that I'm the real Bonesaw.
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Yugikun
Member Avatar
maybe if you're lucky the random avatar will sync up to the character you're reading right now
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
aw man I just got my role PM and it told me I wasn't actually bonesaw I'm so sad you guys :(
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

Yugikun
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
MurderWeasel
Jul 26 2017, 09:53 PM
I have my role!

Also, VOTE: Yugi for posting before he had his PM. What's more suspicious than someone who posts before even they know if they're Town? 0_o
this post is fearmongering and i will not stand for it
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

Yugikun
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Also voting for MurderWeasel because he still has to post in the Jeremy/BB Sadie Hawkins dance thread.
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

Yugikun
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
[4:27:42 PM] Zetsu: also y'all need to post more in Worm Mafia
[4:27:47 PM] Zetsu: I WANT DRAMA

ok

guys you're all dorks
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

Yugikun
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
...Oh jesus this is a short dayphase I should probably do something to actually push this game in a direction quick.

Once I have some sleep of course.
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

Yugikun
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
UNVOTE
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

Yugikun
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
MurderWeasel
Jul 28 2017, 11:24 PM
Hey, Yugi, why the unvote?
Figured since we're out the joke phase I may as well remove the joke vote. Considering putting a serious vote onto Cicada, although is it okay if I give myself some time to put down my exact reason as to why? I'm getting a bad feeling but it's not one that I can describe as per yet.
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

Yugikun
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Cicada Days
Jul 29 2017, 03:42 AM
Ooh okay let's see it! Pretty sure you're going to be right.
well honestly this particular thing makes me suspicious more than anything

but essentially the reason I wanna vote Cicada is because she's pretending that she doesn't know anything about mafia while not only having experience playing mafia before and also putting forward some notable comments on meta info basically sorta making me think that she's trying to push herself back? like 'hey I'm cicada lol I suck please ignore me like please seriously do I don't want to be noticed.' I dunno. Honestly I could be pretty unfounded in this but this game's pretty inactive and something needs to happen so...

Not gonna put a vote down just yet though, since that'd bring it halfway to a lynch.
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

Yugikun
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
@Murderweasel: Thoughts on Riki's vote? Thoughts on Cicada?
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

Yugikun
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
CrossbowPig
Jul 29 2017, 08:49 AM
but that analysis of Cicada's posts was quick and snappy enough to get me to UNVOTE Deamon.
???????????????????????????????
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

Yugikun
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Cicada Days
Jul 29 2017, 06:48 PM
Back to @Yugi (imma @ u boy try and stop me 👀👀👀) I'm going to go with the 'what would be my own motive' thought experiment here? What exactly is it that would lead me to try and play such an obvious bluff? Consider that if I'm Mafia and I'm actively trying to go for such a bluff I'm only drawing needless lynch attention to myself and as far as I'm aware there's nothing any role can do to prevent the straight up lynch, might be some stupid variant role buried in some mafia game run on Gaia Online or whatever that Zetsu randomly dug up I dunno. If I wanted to 'play' stupid to try and convince you guys wouldn't I have done it in a way that's more subtle and believable? Since I was supposedly conniving enough to come up with the 'act dumb' plan in the first place? I just don't think you can objectively look at acting the way I did as being in any manner beneficial for Mafia on the margin as far as I can tell by looking at the various situation, there's just no benefit to be derived from the risk, it's not like Mafia can do anything with having a member lynch target themselves.

Only Riki jumped onto the wagon immediately so yeah might be interesting to get a deeper insight into why he jumped onboard so fast. I'm also doing this to muddy the waters a bit in my favor, say this was indeed a Mafia plot to put a token vote or two my way to make both members seem less suspicious, I wouldn't exactly want to turn it around back on him, right?
yeah because this totally shows you're a noob and that you don't know what you're doing

To answer your question though I think the reason you'd do this as scum is to make people not think highly of you/disregard you while still meeting the post quota. Although the optimum strategy for scum would be to just hide out and do that as you said given that people have to make eight posts a day phase you sorta have to make yourself visible.

Although, this doesn't disregard the fact that you're going "I'm a noob! Also here have a bunch of not-nooby serious analysis on the game!"
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

Yugikun
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Deamon
Jul 30 2017, 05:42 PM
In seriousness this Cic/MW thing looks to just be pissing in the wind right now but I dunno. I'm willing to let it keep going to see what comes out of it.
Honestly when I decided to speak up about my cic suspicion I was pretty aware but it wasn't the greatest case but its resulted in people being more interested and more posts being made in the thread so hey its worked out.

More people should post BTW. Inactive town is not good for scum.
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

Yugikun
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Uh, I mean that inactive town is good for scum, not the other way round.
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

Yugikun
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
CrossbowPig
Jul 30 2017, 06:34 PM
I want to see how the MW/Yugi (grouped together because both are making the majority of the argument against Cicada) vs. Cicada thing goes for a bit longer before I decide if I want to make a vote one way or the other. (you're not my mom cbp I can do WHATEVER I WANT)
Wait so this is suddenly a case where its either Cicada as scum or both me and Toben as scum?

That's news to me.
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Mafia · Next Topic »
Add Reply