Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Worm Mafia; The end is nigh, or possibly in the semi-distant future
Topic Started: Jul 26 2017, 08:36 PM (4,221 Views)
Skraal
Member Avatar
Why, hello there.
[ *  *  * ]
I have my role! Not much to say at the moment, just checking in before I head out to work.
Survival of the Fittest Version 5

Survival of the Fittest Version 7
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Skraal
Member Avatar
Why, hello there.
[ *  *  * ]
I've been reading over the thread, and though the whole issue with Cicada seems to have been mostly discussed to death, one thing bugs me. Yugi and Murderweasel have been consistently pushing discussion forward on the topic. However, there is a third person riding this wagon at the moment.

Riki has only made once post since making his vote, and in that post, all he did was briefly summarize the analysis made by Yugi in the previous post. Cicada is suspicious, yes, but it seems fairly scummy to jump on a wagon that is almost halfway to lynch during the first day without providing much original information of your own.

Murderweasel didn't seem too concerned about it when asked, but it seems like buddying behavior to me. While Yugi and Murderweasel's analysis' seem fairly good reasoning for being suspicious of Cicada, I'm not very satisfied with Riki's.

VOTE: RIKI

I'd like a little more explanation for why he's hanging onto such a large wagon (compared to the number of votes needed to lynch), especially on the first day.

I'd like some more explanation from him

Skraal
Member Avatar
Why, hello there.
[ *  *  * ]
EBWOP: Ignore the last sentence fragment, I need to really proofread my posts before submitting them...

Skraal
Member Avatar
Why, hello there.
[ *  *  * ]
Cicada Days
Aug 4 2017, 03:55 AM
So Fogue was the one who got offed either because a bunch of the power role powers all traffic-jammed during night phase and mostly canceled each other out or Mafia chose to target the people who weren't as active, thinking that those people were less motivated because they had less useful/intricate Town powers and thus were less capable of defending themselves? My take on it. Absolutely nothing got resolved from the back and forth we all had going last day phase though, as far as I can tell all Fogue did was try to interrogate me a bit, otherwise he had no stake or clear connections to the current suspicions we all have.
Seems like a bit of a strange assumption to make, at least the latter bit. Being more active is better for town, so it doesn't make sense for the mafia to go for the less active players first, in order to reduce potential threats. What would make you think that?

In any case seeing as we don't have much more information now than we did at the end of last night, we should probably start eyeing yesterday's suspects again. I'm still a little suspicious of Cicada, but CBP's behavior yesterday seems more dangerous to me, especially in regards to his attempts to deflect responsibility for his votes onto Yugi and MW, and his extremely defensive response to getting voted.

VOTE: CROSSBOWPIG

Skraal
Member Avatar
Why, hello there.
[ *  *  * ]
You've teased at it twice, so you might as well reveal it. Constantly dancing around mentioning what it is just distracts everyone's attention away from what could be more important areas of discussion.

Skraal
Member Avatar
Why, hello there.
[ *  *  * ]
Alright, the day's ticking forward, and Yugi's actions have taken up all this time. While I don't like assigning motivations to people, it seems like from the beginning Yugi had organized this to take up as much time as possible.

First, he hints at his role by saying he got roleblocked. Then, when called on it, he takes a post to wonder if he should claim, before waiting to make another post in which he does claim. He responds to Primrosette pressing for information by shitposting.

The decision to reveal his role, if he is actually a tracker, is more of a hinderance than a help to town, especially with the cop gone. It seems far more likely than not that he is scum trying to lead us on a distracting tangent to take us mostly away from the previous leads that we had, sowing uncertainty in order to prevent us from making a lynch today.

With that said, I'm going to put my money where my mouth is, so to speak and

VOTE: YUGI

Skraal
Member Avatar
Why, hello there.
[ *  *  * ]
So, procedure-wise, what happens now? Does the game pause while the mod looks for someone to replace Yugi? Seems like it might be rather painful to do, since his successor would be in a pretty sticky situation with little way to effectively defend themselves.

Skraal
Member Avatar
Why, hello there.
[ *  *  * ]
Also, requesting a vote tally, since we haven't had one for a while.

Skraal
Member Avatar
Why, hello there.
[ *  *  * ]
@Cicada: I'm not 100% sure how it works, but I don't have to unvote someone if I want to switch my vote, only if I want to go to a position of not voting for anyone, right? That seems like the most reasonable option to me.

Skraal
Member Avatar
Why, hello there.
[ *  *  * ]
Alright, seeing as the game has started to grind to a halt right here, I think it's time to push things back on track and start looking at some other leads.

In particular, I'd like some explanation from Cicada concerning her softclaim this post.. What did you see that made you doubt Yugi's claim? Yugi's actions in the thread have left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth in regards to hinting at roles, so I'd like some clarification here.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Mafia · Next Topic »
Add Reply