Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Worm Mafia; The end is nigh, or possibly in the semi-distant future
Topic Started: Jul 26 2017, 08:36 PM (4,219 Views)
Randomness
Member Avatar
Is in some state of existence
[ *  *  *  * ]
Zetsu

Feel free to shitpost though, :)

All shitposting has been sanctioned by this statement. Clearly, what this means is that we should be more concerned about those who refuse to take this invitation. Vote:Cicada for this uncharacteristically unbridled attack on our oppurtunity to shitpost.
"I have the heart of a young boy. I keep it in a jar on my desk" -- Stephen King

Those no longer with us

It's the Grand Map of Doom! v6
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Randomness
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
@CBP Why do you think noting the brevity of a post isn't a serious reason to vote for someone? I mean it's more serious analysis than most of the votes that have come before, and is actually related to the game.
"I have the heart of a young boy. I keep it in a jar on my desk" -- Stephen King

Those no longer with us

Randomness
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
@Cic, I think the opposite really, given that mafia can just schmooze through the random voting phase, townies must hunt to get any info. Also, hunting as mafia early is risky since that 'extra meta knowledge' can be a dead giveaway. The point is, this is more a personal playstyle thing more than an actual tell.

Those no longer with us

Randomness
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Cicada

I think my logic at the time accounted for townies who have no power role so they're like 'eh' in terms of trying to sniff things out and so they let others lead the discussion?

Just a reminder for everyone in case they missed it:
Zetsu

14. The game is role madness. There are zero vanilla townies, and zero goons. Everyone has a power role. Power roles may be combined (i.e. a character might be a cop-bulletproof hybrid (this specific role will not appear in the game, for obvious reasons)).

Those no longer with us

Randomness
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
@CBP Sorry, but what do you mean by a turnabout and why do you think it is unlikely?

Those no longer with us

Randomness
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
CBP

Just worth noting how quickly the group of people who were most active - being Deamon, Yugi, and MW, all turned on me in roughly the same amount of time, after having barely said anything to me this entire time, as if targeting me

It's very unlikely that this is an all out mafia drive to get you. Your post was over-defensive in a way which generally feels far stronger than neccesary for the level of accusation.

While it is plausible that you are mislynch bait, if you flip town next phase, all eyes should be on the people that voted for you. The key drivers of your bandwagon will be quentioned, hard. There's little chance that most of the people on the wagon are mafia, simply because they want to avoid this questioning. Odds are some of them are mafia, but that doesn't really mean this couldn't just be town catching you for something that looks scummy.

Also hasty vote count since I only just noticed that there is less than half an hour left in the phase and it's been a while since the last one.

Cicada: Randomness, Riki (L-4)
Riki:Skrall (L-5)
CBP : Murder, Deamon, Yugi, Cicada (L-2)
Murder: CBP (L-5)

Those no longer with us

Randomness
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Typoed Skraal there. Sorry.

The lynch could still happen, but I'm a little hesitant to vote for CBP, since this strikes me more of inexperience than scum. If it was L-1 or the argument was stronger, I might be more inclined to ensure the lynch, but there's enough doubt for me to stay on the fence right now.

Also, going for lynches based on which one is more likely also raises my hackles a little bit, since getting the better lynch is more important than getting any lynch.

Those no longer with us

Randomness
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Gonna note that Frogue also pushed Yugi a little, and not just Cic.

Quote:

He's also preemptively providing defense against any charge of being the mafia kill role ("It couldn't have been me! I was roleblocked!")

This argument is kinda weird for me, because for all we know the kill we see isn't the mafia kill and is actually the vig or something.

Yugi, what grounds do you have to believe that you were blocked?

Those no longer with us

Randomness
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Not sure if I like the speed of the reveal, given how low the pressure is. That said, it seems to make sense, pending further information on exactly what the message said.

Those no longer with us

Randomness
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yugi

[Scum] probably already consider me a person to be cautious of/take out due to my day 1 play

Okay, wait am I missing something? What leads you to believe this?

Those no longer with us

Randomness
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
2+ pages of discourse don't mean anything if they don't give results. Info is all nice and dandy, but relevant info is the closest thing to the local deity.

What do you think of Cic and CPB, Yugi?

Those no longer with us

Randomness
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Should move back to Cic/CPB? That was our best lead going into today and I'm not sure things have changed too much after the whole Yugi thing.

Cic's claim of actually having done something might actually be true if it was blocked and there was no PM informing her of the block. Would a tracker normally recieve a 'no result' in this kind of case?

Those no longer with us

Randomness
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Not the tracker getting role-blocked, but their target getting role-blocked. Sorry if it wasn't clear.

Those no longer with us

Randomness
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Are you talking about a result PM, because I'm not sure if doctors normally get those. Second of all, can you confirm what you mean by 'this is how I will PM people about power usage', because standard results can differ from role to role.

Those no longer with us

Randomness
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Not sure if it's advisable for the other doctor to counterclaim, especially so late in the phase when it can't ensure a lynch. Mild sketch points on Murder for not pointing this out, because he's the one my brain says normally advises against counterclaiming.

Those no longer with us

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Mafia · Next Topic »
Add Reply