Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Worm Mafia; The end is nigh, or possibly in the semi-distant future
Topic Started: Jul 26 2017, 08:36 PM (4,015 Views)
Randomness
Member Avatar
Is in some state of existence
[ *  *  *  * ]
Zetsu

Feel free to shitpost though, :)

All shitposting has been sanctioned by this statement. Clearly, what this means is that we should be more concerned about those who refuse to take this invitation. Vote:Cicada for this uncharacteristically unbridled attack on our oppurtunity to shitpost.
"I have the heart of a young boy. I keep it in a jar on my desk" -- Stephen King

Those no longer with us

It's the Grand Map of Doom! v6
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
see if I could vote myself I totally would

but actually like I can set up a win-win for myself here since either I help eliminate myself or get zetsu to kick me from the game for sheer incompetence so alea iacta est

Vote: Cicada
The Dies Before First Rolls Squad

The Nights
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CrossbowPig
Member Avatar
Tryhard
[ *  *  * ]
Oh shit, uh, yes, role received, probably should have made note of that earlier.

I have no clue what bandwagon to jump onto. All of these are super shitposty and unpersuasive, but I feel the peer pressure,

So, uh

Vote: Deamon for being curiously brief in his post.
~~~~~ Sadly CBP looked at a SOTF character. It was so sad... such a sad character... like him... he only waned a normal life... was that too much to ask? was it?

NOW: V7

SOON: V7

DEAD: V6

MAYBE: V?

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
You've been counting stars, now you're counting on me
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Obligatory suddenly-serious-yet-fairly-minor points:

1. Don't like self votes (Hi, Cicada!). Self-voting in joke vote stage lets you "play along" with the joke while avoiding leaving any sort of trail. I think I've hashed this out a lot of times in past games, but I really like seeing folks commit (even if just to a stupid joke).

2. Crossbow's post comes off as weird to me because everyone's screwing around but the post seems to take stuff seriously. Crossbow, how serious is your vote?
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley

Primrosette
Member Avatar
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I am totally late to the party. But my role is confirmed!
Their Time Is gone

Spoiler: click to toggle

V7

In The Future

CrossbowPig
Member Avatar
Tryhard
[ *  *  * ]
Not very serious at all. I mean, I don't know how serious to take things yet, so I'm kind of just testing the waters, but I'm pretty sure that briefness of a post at this stage is a pretty un-serious reason to vote someone~
~~~~~ Sadly CBP looked at a SOTF character. It was so sad... such a sad character... like him... he only waned a normal life... was that too much to ask? was it?

Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
But what if I commit to the joke and keep voting myself? Anyways I have no knowledge of what you've done in past games because I avoid Mafia as a rule, so on.

Suppose there could be an aspect of oddity to CBP's post because I don't read the tone as joking but I don't see the inherent value of a blind non-bandwagony shitpost vote as of yet, to either side. Something meta I'm missing, I'm sure.

The Nights

Deamon
Member Avatar
Humans...
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm not very trusting of CBP's poking at me then going "Just a prank bro."
Kimiko Kao - - - - - - - The Lagniappe
Travis "Trav" Lynch - - They Stumbled Into Faith and Thought
Cameron Herrig - Ω - Ω - Shock Me

V5
Unknowns
"They'll tell you failure is not an option. That is ridiculous. Failure is always an option. Failure is the most readily available option at all times. But it's a choice. You can choose to fail. You can choose to succeed."

Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I just don't think there's much to it in terms of strategic shitposting value, unless CPB is trying to set himself up as bait for either side by acting blatant.

The Nights

Deamon
Member Avatar
Humans...
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Then it's working???

V5
Unknowns
"They'll tell you failure is not an option. That is ridiculous. Failure is always an option. Failure is the most readily available option at all times. But it's a choice. You can choose to fail. You can choose to succeed."

CrossbowPig
Member Avatar
Tryhard
[ *  *  * ]
Is this the part where I snap my fingers, go "Darn it!" and start openly twirling my mustache like the villain I've so quickly been made out to be?

In short terms I feel like mountains are being made out of molehills here. I meant nothing by it but the insistence that it "must be a trick!" or that I'm baiting means that I don't think I'll undo it, really, not quite yet.

Yugikun
Member Avatar
maybe if you're lucky the random avatar will sync up to the character you're reading right now
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
[4:27:42 PM] Zetsu: also y'all need to post more in Worm Mafia
[4:27:47 PM] Zetsu: I WANT DRAMA

ok

guys you're all dorks
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

Deamon
Member Avatar
Humans...
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Rude

V5
Unknowns

Zetsumodernista
Member Avatar
escaping the real world to face reality
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Dr. Mother: All goes according to our plan

Contessa: lol

Dr. Mother:...

Contessa: [whispers]

Dr. Mother: SHIT

Contessa: keikaku

Votecount 1.1

Yugi: MW (1 vote, L-5)
MW: Yugi, Deamon (2 votes, L-4)
Cicada: Randomness, Cicada (2 votes, L-4)
Deamon: CBP (1 vote, L-5)

Players not voting: frogue, Skraal, Riki, Kermit, Prim

The day phase ends in:

Posted Image

Scum daychat ends in:

Posted Image

dear god dear god tinkle tinkle hoy

G056: Asuka Takahara: The one who can out-pretentious them all.
- Memories: 1
- Pregame: 1
- V6: 1-2

Zetsumodernista
Member Avatar
escaping the real world to face reality
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
You're all BUTTS
dear god dear god tinkle tinkle hoy

G056: Asuka Takahara: The one who can out-pretentious them all.
- Memories: 1
- Pregame: 1
- V6: 1-2

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Mafia · Next Topic »
Add Reply