Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Worm Mafia; The end is nigh, or possibly in the semi-distant future
Topic Started: Jul 26 2017, 08:36 PM (4,017 Views)
MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
You've been counting stars, now you're counting on me
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
To clarify: the game also ends if we mislynch, of course. But I'd rather lose to "we guessed wrong" than to "we literally could not get it together enough to lynch a single player for the entire game."
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
ugh effort

But okay I'll try to put together my own brief thoughts. Like maybe as a group we can best fit a lynch somehow? Like whoever is the closest to most suspicious on average.
The Dies Before First Rolls Squad

The Nights
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Randomness
Member Avatar
Is in some state of existence
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'd advocate a massclaim at this point. Town has zero options without information and this is the best way to ensure there is more pn the table.
"I have the heart of a young boy. I keep it in a jar on my desk" -- Stephen King

Those no longer with us

It's the Grand Map of Doom! v6

Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Hm okay so I went back and looked at the first day phase again and my personal observations are something like...

So we have a rough two instigator-y parties now that Yugi was killed to death, or at least we had them on the first day. Random (who got a bit quiet on the second/third day besides playing a sort of shepherd-y 'hey everyone I am ur mom do shit instead of sitting around' role) and Murder who did, well, the stuff he always probably does in these games. But something I saw a trend of was Murder actually being a bit all over the place with his suspicions. Started with me, moved onto CBP during the whole CBP/Cicada debacle on the latter half of Day 1, went onto a bit of Yugi eyeing on Day 2, and the thing is this actually exon orates him a bit in my eyes? The lack of consistency in pushing a target when people like me and CBP possibly had trains going on them that could have killed an extra town early on makes me think he legit doesn't have the meta info Mafia is supposed to have.

I'm also a bit extra suspicious of Random now, just because his behavior if anything seems to be a bit opportunistic 'draw no attention by dedicating myself to a role but still quietly prod things to set them in motion'. Deamon is a bit similar but less generally active, but that could be explained if they decided in collusion and via 33000 emails that only one person would be pushing a narrative? Still I think he doesn't put off signs in particular. If I had to rank my 'must kill to death' lists right now I'd go...

0. cicada must die
1. Murderweasel/Randomness
2. Deamon
3. Primrosette (strictly because I'm sure at least one Mafia is a barely active member just holding on with minimal posting to not draw attention tbh, but this is totally unfounded)
4. CBP
5. i forget who else is in this mafia but the rest of them

The Nights

Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Hm okay so I went back and looked at the first day phase again and my personal observations are something like...

So we have a rough two instigator-y parties now that Yugi was killed to death, or at least we had them on the first day. Random (who got a bit quiet on the second/third day besides playing a sort of shepherd-y 'hey everyone I am ur mom do shit instead of sitting around' role) and Murder who did, well, the stuff he always probably does in these games. But something I saw a trend of was Murder actually being a bit all over the place with his suspicions. Started with me, moved onto CBP during the whole CBP/Cicada debacle on the latter half of Day 1, went onto a bit of Yugi eyeing on Day 2, and the thing is this actually exon orates him a bit in my eyes? The lack of consistency in pushing a target when people like me and CBP possibly had trains going on them that could have killed an extra town early on makes me think he legit doesn't have the meta info Mafia is supposed to have.

I'm also a bit extra suspicious of Random now, just because his behavior if anything seems to be a bit opportunistic 'draw no attention by dedicating myself to a role but still quietly prod things to set them in motion'. Deamon is a bit similar but less generally active, but that could be explained if they decided in collusion and via 33000 emails that only one person would be pushing a narrative? Still I think he doesn't put off signs in particular. If I had to rank my 'must kill to death' lists right now I'd go...

0. cicada must die
1. Murderweasel/Randomness
2. Deamon
3. Primrosette (strictly because I'm sure at least one Mafia is a barely active member just holding on with minimal posting to not draw attention tbh, but this is totally unfounded)
4. CBP
5. i forget who else is in this mafia but the rest of them

The Nights

Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
rip the double post BUT I MEANT IT TWICE

The Nights

Deamon
Member Avatar
Humans...
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Doubly important info.

I mean lurking mafia seems most likely at this point
Kimiko Kao - - - - - - - The Lagniappe
Travis "Trav" Lynch - - They Stumbled Into Faith and Thought
Cameron Herrig - Ω - Ω - Shock Me

V5
Unknowns
"They'll tell you failure is not an option. That is ridiculous. Failure is always an option. Failure is the most readily available option at all times. But it's a choice. You can choose to fail. You can choose to succeed."

Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Yeah it seems like it's not too much of a risk to try a lynch of a lurker if we can't actually come to a consensus otherwise? Like MW said before better to go out with a bang.

The Nights

Primrosette
Member Avatar
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Yeah, you can lynch me. I have not been keeping up in this game.
Their Time Is gone

Spoiler: click to toggle

V7

In The Future

Randomness
Member Avatar
Is in some state of existence
[ *  *  *  * ]
Deamon is pushing for an inactive lynch at a point where bussing is a waste of time.

Lynching an inactive person is normally only done for lack of other choices, but we have a situation where a small number of votes will decide the game.

Pushing for this easy argument against a group of people that are unlikely to argue back rubs me the wrong way.

I'm willing to take Deamon as the likeliest scum alternative.
"I have the heart of a young boy. I keep it in a jar on my desk" -- Stephen King

Those no longer with us

It's the Grand Map of Doom! v6

Deamon
Member Avatar
Humans...
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Point out where I have even so much as done what you've just said

V5
Unknowns
"They'll tell you failure is not an option. That is ridiculous. Failure is always an option. Failure is the most readily available option at all times. But it's a choice. You can choose to fail. You can choose to succeed."

Deamon
Member Avatar
Humans...
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Primrosette
Aug 21 2017, 04:51 AM
Yeah, you can lynch me. I have not been keeping up in this game.
Yeah kinda don't want to since we may lose if we just lynch you for no reason

V5
Unknowns

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
You've been counting stars, now you're counting on me
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Randomness' most recent post feels weird to me--it's a slight variant on the chainsaw defense; rather than turn on the accuser (Cicada) it's a "Oh, but Deamon's done this scummy thing!" I can see the rationale behind it, but I also don't think it quite gels with what he's said; his specific statement was:

Deamon

Doubly important info.

I mean lurking mafia seems most likely at this point

Randomness reads this as:
Randomness

Deamon is pushing for an inactive lynch at a point where bussing is a waste of time.

A few things are weird with that. 1. Deamon's pushing a lurker not on the basis of "kill dead weight" but on the basis of "I think scum is lurking." This might or might not be a good assumption (I really want to hear more on it), but it's certainly no "prune the inactives." Representing it as such feels to me like spin. 2. The use of the word "busing" just throws me a bit. Busing is almost always used to refer to scum dumping other scum for credibility. It doesn't really have any relevance here that I can find, but moves the statement into scummier waters linguistically, either by suggesting some sort of innate scuminess or as some bizarre Freudian slip.

Another unfortunate thing: If there are townies among the low-activity, there's a solid chance that wrecks the potential to get a lynch in general, which is bad news. Prim, if you wouldn't mind, would you be willing to at least take a gander at the thread before the phase ends and vote the same way as CBP? We've already established why CBP's vote is hugely important, and i think this is the most reasonable way to handle low activity folks right now.

Full breakdown when a bit more awake; work gave me a rough time over the weekend. -_-
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CrossbowPig
Member Avatar
Tryhard
[ *  *  * ]
I know that if I lock in a tentative vote I could probably shift this conversation one way or another, but then again I don't know exactly who I'm most suspicious of and for what reason. Prim being inactive is the easiest thing for me to follow, but the analytics of Cicada and MurderWeasel are both persuasive in their own right - to say nothing of the exposition that has yet to drop. Consider me a fence-sitter for the time being.
~~~~~ Sadly CBP looked at a SOTF character. It was so sad... such a sad character... like him... he only waned a normal life... was that too much to ask? was it?

NOW: V7

SOON: V7

DEAD: V6

MAYBE: V?

Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I don't think I like the idea of linking Prim's vote to any specific voter, even if that voter is confirmed Town. If we can't reach a plurality/majority then the vote is wasted anyways. Could we just ask Prim to vote to lynch when we reach a vote threshold, on whoever that may be?

The Nights

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Mafia · Next Topic »
Add Reply