Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
We who are about to die send you a friend request; Whoa, finally made a planning thread on time for once
Topic Started: Jul 16 2017, 04:39 PM (454 Views)
Skraal
Member Avatar
Why, hello there.
[ *  *  * ]
Hey everyone, it's that time again. Roll up and see some more kids who are most likely going to be brutally slaughtered!

Colour Coding

------

Oliver Lacroix

If you're looking for someone who loves to take risks, Oliver's your man. A gambler at heart, he'll never turn down a bet, and craves new and wild experiences. In addition to being a bit of a party animal, he's also quite the speed freak, and since he's gotten his license has made a habit of going out at night and driving way too fast on deserted side roads. He's also a fan of magic tricks and optical illusions, and though he's not amazing at them, is always looking to improve his skills.

Looking for friends, enemies and party buddies, mainly, though girlfriends and ex-girlfriends would also be welcome for him. He's not exactly what one would call a patient listener, so his exes would have plenty to gripe about that. Bonus points for characters who are interested in street racing and whose handlers are willing to possibly take the risk of running a race sometime during pre-game.

Relationships

William "Bill" Dover

At first glance, Bill's large figure gives off a rather imposing impression. However, once you get to know him, you'll realize that he's actually quite the sensitive guy. Having four younger siblings has left him with a strong feeling of responsibility for others, however, and if you go picking on any of his little brothers or sisters, he won't hesitate to stand up for them. He loves jazz, and plays the trumpet in the GHH school band, as well as an amateur jazz group that he's made with a few other students at the school.

Looking for friends and band members. His musical group's probably going to be a quartet/quintet, depending on how many other characters want in on it, with any empty spots filled by students from the grade below or one of his siblings. He's also not shy about standing up to bullies, so if any of them end up picking on one of his friends they'll probably end up confronting him. He's not very good in a fight though, so don't expect him to pose much of a threat. Bill's also African-American, which won't endear him to the several racists running around the school.

Relationships

Salvatore "Sal" Bonaventura

Sal's not exactly the kind of guy who blends easily into a crowd. His hyper personality leaves him constantly on the move, and he loves to show off. Despite being a rather committed drama student with definite talent in acting and singing, he maintains a passion for terrible films and other works with a "so-bad-it's-good" quality. He's also a huge gamer, with a particular love for the Metal Gear franchise, and is constantly attempting to perfect his impressions of series' characters. He's also gay, and fairly open about it, though his mannerisms wouldn't have given him much of a chance to hide it anyway.

Looking for friends, fellow actors and other gamers. Love interests and exes would also be welcome. He's a fairly open and accepting person, and open to having friends any social group, though his flamboyant attitude would likely put off at least a few of his classmates.

Relationships

Scott Fischer

To put it bluntly, Scott's kind of a loser, and his personality isn't going to be winning any awards either. His extreme sarcasm puts many people off, and is fairly judgemental for someone who doesn't have many positive qualities to speak of. He's also fairly bitter about the fact that he hasn't had an experience with romantic relationships, and blames a variety of things for the issue. Unfortunately, none of those things include "himself". A dedicated user of online image boards for many years, he seems to have gravitated to the worst of those communities, picking up many unhealthy attitudes and beliefs along the way.

Looking for other social rejects from him to hang out with, as well as some bullies to pick on him. The majority of people at GHHS would probably be quite put off by him, if they even happened to know who he was, that is. Also looking for a member of the female gender to be the unlucky recipient of his unwanted affections.

Relationships

Survival of the Fittest Version 5

Survival of the Fittest Version 7
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ryuki
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Oliver: Zach would probably try to take advantage of him by making him do some messed up/humiliating dares. When Oliver isn't looking, Zach might be recording him for his Youtube channel.

Bill: Ned is friendly, so he and Bill might get along. If Bill ever needs tutoring, he should see Yuki, she's willing to talk to others. Bill would probably not like Zach, but since Zach is shorter than him, he more than likely wouldn't be intimidated by him.

Sal: Ned is a talkative aspiring voice actor and gamer, and is a part of theater/drama club. So he and Sal could get along well while talking each other's ears off. Zach would definitely try to get under Sal's skin with homophobic slurs. Yuki's sister is bisexual, so she could be tolerable towards Sal, although she might be put off by his hyperactivity.

Scott: He and Zach might be cut from the same cloth, but I'm not sure if that would help them get along better or not.
Art

Character Concepts

Skraal
Member Avatar
Why, hello there.
[ *  *  * ]
I could see Zach and Oliver agreeing to make some Jackass-style content for Zach's channel. Judging by the way you described it though, the video would probably be cut in a way that makes Oliver look a lot worse than he signed up to be...

Bill could probably make use of Yuki's tutoring. It'd be interesting to see any confrontation between him and Zach, because Zach's probably one of the few "bullies" that Bill could possibly beat in a fight.

Ned and Sal sound like they'd make great friends. They definitely have a lot to talk about together!

I can see Scott and Zach mildly disliking each other but still hanging out because they're one of the few people that can actually tolerate each other's company. It'd probably a point of resentment for Scott that he's so hard up for friends that he's resorted to hanging out with Zach.

Malloon
Member Avatar
Survivor
[ *  * ]
Regardless of whatever else is decided, I want a standoff between Bill and Keith. Both are big, both are bad at fights, and there are a dozen reasons a confrontation could happen. Furthermore, Scott could be one of Keith's “potential“ recruits.

Chloe plays clarinett, and is in the school band. I could see her liking jazz, so, maybe she could have joined Bill's band too? She's hardly the type to form an obsession around, though, so I doubt she'd be the one for Scott to be attracted to.
Edited by Malloon, Jul 17 2017, 11:19 AM.
V6 Character - Benjamin "Squirrel" Lichter [ ~ / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / > ] - You'll find him in the clouds.
Future Characters:
Chloe Bruges - You'll find her doing math.
Joseph "Joey" Quintero - You'll find him writing speaches.
Keith Rogers - You'll find him out with his gang.

In the unlikely event you want to use my characters...

Skraal
Member Avatar
Why, hello there.
[ *  *  * ]
I could definitely see that standoff happening. Bill's African American (probably should have mentioned that above), so Keith would probably dislike him right off the bat, and Bill has a tendency to insert himself into other people's conflicts.

Scott's not a nazi, but he would share some beliefs with Keith due to his immersion in the alt-right subculture. If they spoke about politics, he'd view Keith as being right about more issues than the average liberal, but a little bit off his rocker with the unironic veneration of Hitler thing. He wouldn't be as shocked or disgusted by it as the average person, however, and is probably one of the few people in school who could have a somewhat civil conversation about politics with him.

Bill would find it really cool to have a clarinetist in his group, and would definitely be able to have a connection with Chloe over their shared love of music.

Maraoone
Member Avatar
yes thomas why
[ *  *  * ]
Soooo since Sal's in the theater club and stuff, he and Yuka would probably know each other, be friends since Yuka loves making them. She definitely wouldn't mind his hyperactiveness that much. Lee would probably look down on him for being so flamboyant, but he wouldn't be upfront about that, so he would probably just disapprove of him from afar and stuff.

However, I'm thinking that since Scott's picked up a lot of bad habits from imageboards and stuff, maybe he could try to aspire for Yuka to be his waifu? She's into pastel goth fashion, so that's what she'd be wearing, so I'm not sure if he's into that. But out of the triplets, Yuka is the pretty one. The sarcasm and constant bitterness would probably turn her off. In any case, even if you don't want Scott to have a crush on her, I assume he'd repel her at least.
V6 Characters:
G062 - Olivia Fischer prayed a thousand prayers in Ye Not [37/107]
Previous Threads: Sæglópur - Until all our yesterdays are lighted fools... - the way to dusty death - a concrete cave - I'd Say That I've Had Worse Days, but Then I'd Be Lying - Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying - Until Then, You Are Free - Cast in the Name of God
Memories: Sometimes when we reach for the stars...
Weapon: Lobotomy pick.

V5 Characters

Chat

Pledges

"Mara was a mistake." - Cicada, 2017

Skraal
Member Avatar
Why, hello there.
[ *  *  * ]
Sal and Yuka seem like they would be pretty good friends. Sal and Lee would probably be on pretty cold terms, though they likely just avoid each other rather than clash outright. If Sal hears Lee make any homophobic comments, he'd be sure to interject though...

As for Yuka and Scott, perhaps he had a crush on her at one point in the past? I'd imagine that she'd shut him down once he started getting creepy about it, leaving him still fairly bitter about the whole thing.

CrossbowPig
Member Avatar
Icon!
[ *  *  * ]
Street racing has just enough danger involved that Max would stray away from it. No comparison to gladiatorial combat will sway him from his stance on the matter. Plus, Max just straight up thinks that Oliver's a shady guy. The gambling will do that. Lucas has Oliver's back if he ever wants to do some urban exploration. Violet is uninterested in this fellow.

She does, on the other hand, likely know Bill, as they're both involved in the school music department. They're likely to have played together at some part, in some kind of fusion thing or whatever, or at the very least Violet is a supporter of his band. Lucas probably doesn't have much to say except pleasantries to this guy, and Max has quiet respect for him as a human being.

Speaking of quiet respect, Lucas doesn't think much of Sal, apart from acknowledging that he exists, unless you had something else in mind for what the two could do. Violet would probably be alright friends with him over gaming and such, though the impressions might be a little odd for her tastes. Max sees an openly gay man and thinks 'degenerate' so I don't think there isn't much debate over what their opinion of each other would be there.

Scott might take a liking to Max's political views and opinions, though Max might see him as a little bit of a band-wagoner though he tolerates his presence. Violet's likely heard enough about him to be able to stay away, and Lucas probably is so out of the loop that he doesn't know who he is.
~~~~~ "We were wrecks before we crashed into each other."

NOW: V7

SOON: V7

DEAD: V6

MAYBE: V?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Skraal
Member Avatar
Why, hello there.
[ *  *  * ]
All of that sounds pretty good to me, though keep in mind that Bill's black (sorry, just edited it into the top post now), which may colour any interactions that he may have with Max.

Speaking of Max, though, Scott'd probably quite enjoy talking to him. Though Scott hasn't bought into the NatSoc meme himself, he'd always enjoy having someone to take the piss out of liberals, feminists and other "cucks" with.

Oliver's down to do some urban exploration with Lucas, and hopefully we could start making some plans for where to go once the pre-game town's location boards are put up.

Brackie
Member Avatar
i love him, i love him, i love him, i love him
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I could see Mikki and Oliver having dated either currently or at one point in the past - she likes bad boys and taking risks and treating guys like adventures that need to be had but she probably wouldn't put enough effort into the emotional labour side of the whole deal. She's also pretty much the queen of organizing parties as well as the queen of DJs (or at least that's what she'd put on her business card).

if Sal's reasonably attractive, I can see Kayden having pursued and possibly snatched him up at one point. Not for anything serious or romantic mind you, but definitely for sex, probably in the middle of a party. Afterwards they might have hung out and Kayden would get pretty sick of Sal's personality, especially when he talks in any capacity about video games, so nothing would have really happened on that front.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I can't sing but I wrote you a song

Wrong notes but the melody's so clear

When I'm lost, I'm still close to gold

cause I found my treasure in you

CrossbowPig
Member Avatar
Icon!
[ *  *  * ]
While Max has lower expectations for black people, and doesn't think much of anything except disgust towards what he associates as black culture, and consumes and internalizes studies on intelligence of different races and crime rates in their most raw form, and silently reaffirmed his biases and presumptions based on what he sees around him in a very negative way, he wouldn't consider himself racist, and he probably knows a few people of color that he thinks good things about. Bill sounds like one of those, though it's probably one-sided.

"colour any interactions" ahahahahaha Max would find that funny
~~~~~ "We were wrecks before we crashed into each other."

NOW: V7

SOON: V7

DEAD: V6

MAYBE: V?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Skraal
Member Avatar
Why, hello there.
[ *  *  * ]
Brackie:
I could definitely see Oliver and Mikki having dated in the past. He'd probably have been and still would be a frequent guest at her parties (assuming she didn't take the breakup too badly).

I could also see Sal hooking up with Kayden at a party, and be disappointed when it didn't turn into a relationship afterward. He'd likely be somewhat bitter about it and more cautious about hooking up with other students in the future.

CrossbowPig:
Noted. Bill doesn't at all reciprocate Max's admiration, but he won't start any conflicts with Max so long as the guy stays away from him and his friends.

Dannyrulx
Member Avatar
The guy who went AFK for a few months
[ *  *  * ]
Jamie Goodman, wannabe competitive gamer and casual drug user would probably be friends with Salvadore. Neither of them would be judgy enough to put each other off, and there could be some fun little scenes with them talking about their childhood whilst on the old console.
You don't win the game of death by dying first. The name's a little misleading.

My Characters

[/spoiler]

Aloha
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Isra would know Oliver from the party scene, but I'm not sure if they would've had a brief fling or not. She'd thing he'd be fun to be around, and I can imagine her going on a drive with him once and being traumatized.

Nate's not a huge gamer, but their interests probably overlap a little. He might also admire Sal's openess about his sexuality, although I don't think he'd confide in his own sexuality.

I'm not sure if Alison and Scott would cross paths ever, but he miiight know her through Demetri, and he also has a creepy crush on her. Either way, she's polite and friendly (even if she thinks the other person's a total weirdo), so I can see Scott crushing on her.
Characters

Chat Quotes

Arts!

Open to constructive criticism!

Somersault
Member Avatar
i'm a boss ass bitch (bitch bitch)
[ *  * ]
Can Keisha become friends with Bill over her (fake) interest in jazz? Like, she only pretends to enjoy it, but eventually I think she'd just end up enjoying talking with him. Abaynesh would probs bond with Bill over both of them having a lot of siblings to take care of, and Kelly's just real friendly.

Abaynesh is fairly into video games so she might know Sal, although she's kind of put off by overly energetic people.
here's my v7 planning thread or whatever
C-H-A-T-T-A-N-O-O-G-A

V7 HERE WE COME

Concepts

Art Thangs

Let Them Fly Free

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · V7 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply