Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Suggestion: increasing the character cap per handler; its a suggestion for staff but anyone can comment on it, be nice and dont pick fights :) or else i will end you :) seriously
Topic Started: Jul 11 2017, 10:50 PM (375 Views)
MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
You've been counting stars, now you're counting on me
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
My take:

What I think makes the most sense is to leave the three-character cap in play as the assumption for Pregame, with maybe a note that there's a possibility but not a guarantee of it being raised. Then probably leave it in play through, say, the first three rounds of final apps and a couple weeks beyond, then see where the game's at, then assess accordingly. I don't think raising it to four is necessarily a bad idea, but I also don't think there's any reason to raise it if we're sitting between the V5 and V6 size ranges, because V6 especially seems to have hit the sweet spot where almost every character's pretty well-developed and has something to recommend them. On the other hand, there's a good reason Main's games skew bigger than Mini and we don't want it to be minuscule.

Or, in other words: in a perfect world, I think a three-character cap is better, and I don't think it makes sense to change it before there's a good idea of the situation. That said, if once we have a better view the game seems on track to being tiny, I don't see the harm. Raising the cap will increase the pre-raise roster by at most 33% (with every single handler having three characters and then adding a fourth), but realistically probably less (I'll estimate 10-15% and maybe pull V4-era numbers later). That's a nice bump to roster size without much potential to totally alter the game's dynamics.
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
You've been counting stars, now you're counting on me
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
re: Crossbow's point, I actually agree that that is the best case scenario, and one that has historically played out alongside the stuff that makes me worry. Sometimes it's too easy for me to get caught up in the frustrations of the less-happy results and to forget the cool stuff that can also come about. I still think super mega huge games aren't great, of course, but just seeing this post sorta threw me back to my own processes years ago, and it's a point with merit worthy of consideration.
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Support/Suggestions · Next Topic »
Add Reply