Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Volver; Open
Topic Started: Jul 11 2017, 12:14 PM (333 Views)
Laurels
Member Avatar
Cause what you see isn't always the truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Alba Reyes continued from The Ten Duel Commandments))

"Hi, Brendan," Alba said, staring at the body laying under the sheets on the bed. "I didn't think I'd be back so soon."

Alba sighed. She really didn't expect to come back here. It was a random thought that brought her and Fiyori back to this room. She and Fiyori were making their way out of the asylum, away from the lab where Caedyn's body rested, when Alba thought about their supplies. They had gone through quite a bit in the last few days, and the recent incident took away a bit more of their medical supplies. Not only that, but food and water was becoming more and more depleted, and Alba wanted to ensure they could hold out for the remainder of the game.

That's when she remembered something: Brendan had a bag that she completely left behind in the wards when he died. He had a kit, food, and water still in the bag. He also had a gun, which was still probably stashed in. They made their way back upstairs and soon found the ward. Sure enough, Brendan's bag was still in the room, right where Alba forgot it.

"Hey, can you check the bag? Is everything still there?" she asked Fiyori.

She turned back to Brendan and stared at it. It was still hard to believe he had been dead for a whole day.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Oh good," Alba said, turning back to Fiyori. "I was worried someone might have taken the gun or something else."

Alba sighed a little bit, then brushed some hair back.

"Fiyori, I know you want to kill Jae, and I'm fine going along with you to look for him."

Alba stopped a bit and rubber her neck. She pushed the collar up a bit and rubbed the area underneath.

"But once he's dead, then what? Are you going after anyone else?"
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"I see," Alba said.

Alba raised her head back and balanced on her heels.

"I mean, I guess the same. If we can, I'd like to survive as long as possible. Personally, I'd hope we never have to see Jae and Kimiko ever again, whether someone else kills them or they kill each other. I know I shouldn't think that way, but I guess that'd help us."

Alba adjusted herself.

"Fiyori, if we're the last two people here, what would you do then?"
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Alba nodded when Fiyori asked her to draw the conclusion. It made sense, a bit. She didn't know Fiyori that well before this game, and their one tie was lying under a sheet on the bed in the room. She could expect a partnership to last while it mattered, but she shouldn't rule out that Fiyori would turn on her. Friends had already turned against her, so why wouldn't Fiyori?

At least Fiyori hoped someone else would kill Alba first.

"Yeah, I'd actually prefer the same. Not that I'd want you to die, but, y'know."

Alba walked over to the wall by the doorway and pressed her back to it.

"Is it weird to be thinking this casually about our deaths? I mean, before all of this I was just thinking about getting a part time job this summer and what I'd do for my seventeenth birthday."

Alba paused. The thought seemed so far away from everything here, but it still made her think of home.

"I'm never going to turn seventeen, am I?"
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Alba listened quietly as Fiyori spoke. It was hard to believe Fiyori had been contemplating suicide for some time. Alba didn't know anyone who had attempted or gone through with suicide. It sounded like this island had gotten Fiyori to work through those thoughts since she wanted to survive now. Maybe it hadn't, but Fiyori's attitude told Alba she was beyond such thoughts.

Maybe Alba did just need an attitude change and that was all it would take to survive. She knew how to fire the gun, she had killed already, and she had seen enough good people die that she had to know that she had to be willing to take charge of a dangerous situation.

Still, there was one thing Fiyori said that she didn't get.

"What's happening tomorrow night?"
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
It was strange to think there had to be around twenty or so kids left. Maybe the math wasn't perfect, but if the rate over ten days was as Fiyori suggested, it would be reasonable to think 80 or 90% of the abducted students were dead. How Alba, Fiyori, and whoever else was left managed to outlive all those people was hard to imagine. It wasn't like Alba did anything particularly special, but to think that she could last so long in this game was hard to believe.

"Well, it would be nice to make it to tomorrow night," Alba said.

Alba rubbed the back of her neck.

"At the very least, that's a fine measure. Like how people say to make it to the weekend after a rough week, or something similar? I guess that can work for us. 'Make it to tomorrow night.' Sounds good to me."

Alba stretched a bit.

"So how do we make it to tomorrow night?"
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"I've never actually tried alcohol. Never even at a party. I guess I figured it'd be fine to wait until I was 21, but oh well."

Alba stretched a bit as Fiyori suggested battle strategy.

"I guess we can. I mean, it's a little hard since we don't know where anyone is, nor do we have a way to lure specific people to a location."

Alba hummed to herself.

"I mean, I guess we can discuss weaponry. Obviously, I've got this rifle. I've also got some stuff from Kaitlyn, like an uzi and a bomb. And now we've got Brendan's gun too."

"What do you have again?"
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Okay, so we're pretty well armed, all things considered," Alba said.

Alba tapped her finger against the side of the rifle.

"I mean. What do we think? Are people heading for the asylum, or staying outside it? Cause that could determine where and how far we move."

Alba stepped a bit away from the wall.

"We could search the asylum in areas, or we could go outside. What do you think?"
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Okay. We can stay inside," Alba said. "There's plenty of places to check. I'll be sure not to run into any rooms either."

Alba stepped away from the wall and over to Brendan's bag. She crouched on the ground and reached in, pulling Brendan's gun out. She had to think about survival. Nearly everyone was gone, and Alba had to make sure she and the decent people left could last as long as they could. Alba put the gun in the back of her pants. She then searched through and found some extra bullets to put in her other sweatshirt pocket.

"So, I guess we should go," she said, moving some extra food and water into one of her other bags. "We've only got so much daylight left."

Alba walked to the doorway, and peered out. No one was out there. There was no Jae to shoot at her right now, but there were no guarantees. She turned back and looked over at Brendan's body on the bed. If she could, she'd return at least one more time before this all ended. That would be a good goal for tomorrow night.

With that, Alba stepped out into the hall.

((Alba Reyes continued elsewhere))
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Regular Wards · Next Topic »
Add Reply