Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
1ИS∅MИ1∀; Morning, Day 10, Open
Topic Started: Jul 7 2017, 02:03 PM (544 Views)
Muninn
Member Avatar
Survivor
[ *  * ]
((Candice Banks continued from Tea Party with Death at Dawn))

Candice didn't particularly want to think about the answer to that question. It wasn't like she'd been keeping inventory or anything... for the past few days she'd just fished around in her bag until she found one of her rations to eat that day. So if she'd counted ten of those when she'd first woken up, and this was the tenth day...

"I- I think I'm out."

Worried, she began rummaging through the bottom of her pack. Honestly, of all the things that might finally do her in, dying from not realizing that she'd run out of food was possibly the most pathetic. She could just imagine the announcement a few days from now: "We'll start today of with a public service announcement: People who don't eat, die. Candice Banks apparently didn't know this, so we're just giving a reminder to anybody else who might've been failed by the American education system"

Then again, being trapped on an island of killers and ending up dying of something as uneventful as starvation sounded like par for the course for her, given how things had been going so far.

Candice felt something in the bottom of her bag. Pulling it out, it seemed that she still had one ration left. Had she started with more than ten? Wait, today was the tenth day and she hadn't eaten yet, so she'd only used nine of them so far.

"Er, make that one left." So much unnecessary panic, all because she apparently couldn't handle simple math. Wonderful.
Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V7. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.

V6 Characters
G31 - Candice Banks (adopted from Somersault) - The Rooftop
G35 - Bernadette Thomas (adopted from Imehal) (Deceased) - Northwest Cliffs

Past Version Characters
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Muninn
Member Avatar
Survivor
[ *  * ]
Candice had been tempted to take Alice up on her offer to share food, but held off on saying anything. Setting aside the momentary panic that she had found herself in earlier, it wasn't like she was in immediate danger of starving. For that matter, now that she'd had a bit of a wake up call regarding how low supplies were, she could probably try to stretch her last ration out for two days. It wasn't likely that Alice had large stockpiles of food herself, anyway.

But still... sometimes things happen. People get separated, or dead, or supplies can get lost or stolen. Candice only had a day or two of food left, at the most. Shouldn't she make sure she was prepared in case the worst-case scenario came true?

That line of thinking worked its way into Candice's mind, but was halted in its tracks once Bryony spoke up. After that, there was no way she could say anything about the matter. How could she sit there and ask for extra food when someone else didn't have any?

"I can probably manage on my own... for a while, at least."
Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V7. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.

V6 Characters

Past Version Characters

Muninn
Member Avatar
Survivor
[ *  * ]
Something about Bryony's proposal that she go search for Sandra didn't sit right with Candice. She figured at first that it might have been concern about the other girl going of alone, but the slightest bit of thought made that train of thought seem silly. (After all, wasn't Sandra by herself right now?) It was a little while before she realized what her problem with the suggestion was: whether finding her would even be possible. Bluntly speaking, this asylum was fucking huge.

Well, maybe that was a bit of an exaggeration. But it seemed like it would be ridiculously easy to miss each other because someone went down to search one floor while the person they were looking for decided to go up, or something like that.

"I don't know if that's... I mean, do you know where to look?"

It wasn't that she wanted to be contrarian. In fact Candice was trying her best not to sound like she was shooting down ideas for actually doing something, because Lord knows that those were few enough without being instantly dismissed. Leaving Sandra on her own was also something to be avoided... honestly, they probably should've stopped her from wandering off in the first place. So in the end she didn't actually have any way to improve the idea. But somehow, it just felt to her that there was "Bad Idea" written all over this.

V6 Characters

Past Version Characters

Muninn
Member Avatar
Survivor
[ *  * ]
Way to be a total bitch, Candice.

Seriously, it would have been so much better if she could have just said something to the effect of "Mind if we all search together? It might be safer that way." But no, she'd managed to word it in a way that paraphrased to "Your idea is dumb. Try again."

Bryony didn't argue, or get angry at Candice, which was probably a bad sign. If she'd just been able to brush off the criticism with "Candice is just being ornery, never mind her" they'd be fine. Well, maybe not "fine" since getting into arguments during life-or-death situations was probably not the most ideal thing to be doing, but they probably would have been able to stick together even in those circumstances if Candice could just keep her mouth shut. But Bryony didn't get irritated at having her idea shot down right away. She didn't attempt to defend it.

"She's right, all of my ideas are bad."

If you asked what Bryony was thinking right now, that would be Candice's response. She'd be willing to bet money on it.

It was a train of thought that she'd become all too familiar with during this past week.

Well, in the end they had some sort of purpose to be working towards now, even if the girl leading the way sounded like she was about to start crying. They even had a solution to the problem of "What if Sandra returns and we're elsewhere" that had made Candice hesitate to suggest that they all go together, or rather it was a super obvious solution that Candice hadn't seen on her own. For the time being, it seemed that there wouldn't be any issues.

Except...

There was the one issue. The one that Alice had brought up, but in the wrong context.

"We're already unarmed, so you aren't going anywhere alone. At least not until we fix that."

While she had been on her own, Candice had bounced back and forth between the states of "I don't want to appear threatening" and "I don't want to appear weak." At the time she had met up with this group, she'd been feeling more like the former, so her gun had been stuffed into her bag. She'd avoided the topic for enough time that her next attitude shift was towards the state of "I don't want to appear deceitful." Consequently, none of her companions knew that she was armed.

In the process of trying not to look like a suspicious person Candice had become a person worthy of suspicion. And as she followed Bryony out into the hallway, she reflected on the fact that with every day that passed it was becoming a harder subject to address.

((Candice Banks continued in Rain, Rain, Come Again))

V6 Characters

Past Version Characters

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · Intensive Care Wards · Next Topic »
Add Reply