Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
My (Now Hopefully) Complete List of Cannon Fodder
Topic Started: Jul 5 2017, 06:11 PM (871 Views)
General Goose
Member Avatar
Don't cast aspersions on my asparagus.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
So, anyway, here is my incomplete list of characters. I have three more ideas in very rough development, all based around the setting, but I'll introduce you guys to who I have now.

Ashlynn Martinek
A V6 leftover
Parents are discredited Chattanooga lawyers. A long-winded, intelligent, altruistic Czech-American trivia master with an ambitious activist streak. Ashlynn can, for all her good intentions and friendly attitudes and self-professed ultra-tolerance, be arrogant and dismissive towards those she considers less ideologically selfless or less knowledgeable.
Basically other opinions are probably wrong. And hey, she values pluralism and debate, but still. Yeah, you're probably wrong. Even if it's a minor dispute. Especially if it's a minor dispute. God forgive you use a logical fallacy around her. She kinda thinks she's the master of rant comedy, but she isn't. She's not a bad person or arrogant at heart, not in the slightest. Just that she's always been very opionionated (her opinions changed pretty dramatically over the past couple of years though, from arch-conservative to progressive), and she needs to mature a bit. Which may happen. Or it may not.

Nick Ogilvie
Has a beard that's a fucking mess. But people still find him attractive because he's naturally pretty hot and well-built and has a rather nice Edinburgh accent. Wants to be an illusionist. NOT a magician. Don't call him a magician. Magic doesn't exist. Illusions do, though. And he loves them. Thinks they make him even sexier. Which is good, because he likes to sleep around. With any and all genders. Also thinks that his fondness for cigars makes him even hotter*.
Otherwise he's a neurotic bundle of issues. Basically has a history of being peer pressured or cajoled into doing things he doesn't want to do, things he feels guilty about, that kind of thing. Both big and small. Hyperaware of that now, but still fundamentally vulnerable to it. Very stubborn and sarcastic as a result, and has the occasional temper tantrum. Also has an off-colour sense of humour. Makes a lot of objectifying comments. Uncertain whether he really is into daddykink or just treats it as a meme.

*not really into them but he pretends he is. Kinda like Winston Churchill.

Bill Winlock
Unlike all my other characters, Bill's family has been in Chattanooga for generations, and they are pillars of the community - civil rights activists, environmental champions, active volunteers and local politicians. Basically a very accomplished family that did a lot with a tough hand. Bill was basically brought up knocking on doors and handing out leaflets and he was always kinda terrible at it, but fuck it, it was the least he could do, right?
And now he is basically a giant ball of anxiety and insecurity because he basically feels average as hell. Sure, he's a very friendly and chill guy, who is basically friends with everyone (mainly because he sucks at confrontation). Yeah, he's really good at, like, sociology and psychology, but those aren't real subjects, are they? And he's also really good at fighting games, but you can't do that for a living. So no, Bill has no marketable skills and no marketable talents and he's doomed to obscurity.
That's his thought process anyway. He keeps all of that shit bottled up and repressed around his family, and only really lets go around his friends. Elsewhere he shies away from conflict, lies habitually to downplay both his achievements and his failings, and has one of those really annoying Facebook feeds with lots of Buzzfeed shit linked to it. He also plays baseball, based on his father's insistence that he needs a sport, and is mediocre at it. Passably so, though.
Also I am giving him the same leg frame that I have because fuck it. So correction. Used to play baseball.

Camille Bellegarde
Algerian-French, her parents are tech gurus who moved to Chattanooga for work. She is a massive nerd who is basically going to spend her life writing and drawing depraved smut for internet commissions and she's not even gonna apologise for that. Sure, she only started when she was 18 (she believes in the letter of the law, even if she thinks fuck the spirit of it), but she's been working at it for a few months now and has a pretty good following.
She is also an actor in training, and she likes making big scenes out of stuff. Also a very big people-watcher. Like, enjoys sitting in cafes and watching people tick with minimal intervention. It's good for her writing. That's the excuse she has for her rabid reality TV consumption too.

Club Memberships
Sports wise:
Bill is an ex baseball member
Ashlynn cycles
Camille plays water polo for the bants

Non-sports wise:
Ashlynn - Debate, Amnesty, Activism, Anti-Bullying, Chess, Doctors Without Borders, Gay-Straight, Newspaper, Interact, Yoga (no she gives none of them the deserved time)
Camille - Amnesty, Doctors Without Borders, Gaming, Writing, Drama
Bill - Book, Film, Gaming
Nick - runs his own Illusionist club that is basically his attempt at creating some kind of Magic Circle
V7 peeps:
Nick Ogilvie
Ashlynn Martinek
Bill Winlock
Camille Bellegarde

V6 peeps:
Kiziah Saraki
Bradley Floyd
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Brackie
Member Avatar
i love him, i love him, i love him, i love him
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
dude. DUDE. Gaelan would be all sorts of amazing friends with Nick I can already tell.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I can't sing but I wrote you a song

Wrong notes but the melody's so clear

When I'm lost, I'm still close to gold

cause I found my treasure in you

General Goose
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Brackie
Jul 5 2017, 06:25 PM
dude. DUDE. Gaelan would be all sorts of amazing friends with Nick I can already tell.
Oh yeah they definitely would
V7 peeps:
Nick Ogilvie
Ashlynn Martinek
Bill Winlock
Camille Bellegarde

V6 peeps:
Kiziah Saraki
Bradley Floyd

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

Uncertain whether he really is into daddykink or just treats it as a meme.

WHAT
Posted Image
SotF: Mini - SCdoes a-rolling! - PV3 Prologue ongoing!
Draw Thread! - Pathfinder! - Writing Thread!

Adequate summary of my personality
V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

General Goose
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
he says "daddy" a lot

deal with it
V7 peeps:
Nick Ogilvie
Ashlynn Martinek
Bill Winlock
Camille Bellegarde

V6 peeps:
Kiziah Saraki
Bradley Floyd

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
my question is whether he is the daddy or
Posted Image
SotF: Mini - SCdoes a-rolling! - PV3 Prologue ongoing!
Draw Thread! - Pathfinder! - Writing Thread!

Adequate summary of my personality
V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

General Goose
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Only if people want him to be
V7 peeps:
Nick Ogilvie
Ashlynn Martinek
Bill Winlock
Camille Bellegarde

V6 peeps:
Kiziah Saraki
Bradley Floyd

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
Paige/EP/Plush, they/them pronouns pls thanks :3
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Of course Blaise and Nick have slept together. Just of course. Look at Blaise. Look at Nick. Now back to Blaise. Now back to Nick. Vain-ass illusionists with nice accents and lots and lots of issues that make them dismissive of others. They occasionally refer to him as Daddy and pretend it just slipped out when they're feeling like stirring the pot. The more I think about it the more I realize they may actually be a little stuck on him but they'll never, ever own up to it.

Hel and Ashlynn seem like they'd at least be colleagues? I imagine they get along decently since their ideologies tend to align, but Hel often tries to get her to reign it in a little and be more engaging with other viewpoints as a way to help win people over rather than alienate them, though I also imagine that's not terribly successful.
SotF Characters

the highest honor i'll ever achieve

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CrossbowPig
Member Avatar
CBP
[ *  *  *  * ]
Max looks down on Ashlynn hard. He probably heard about her parents being discredited through his mother, and as such sees her efforts at debate as some form of reflection of that. Probably runs the fallacy-fallacy as an argument against her most of the time, if they get in spats, and they probably do. He simply doesn't accept the fact that she could be right, just as she barely ever accepts that she's ever wrong. This isn't to say, about Max, that he thinks that he is always right: it is just this person in particular that he cannot accept as ever having a point. As her opinions changed from conservative to progressive, he probably looks down on her for simply going with whatever is in vogue, and probably brings that up in arguments or when asked by others about his thoughts on her - even if she isn't even involved in the discussion apart from a namedrop. Probably gets teased about this - the word hatecrush is one I see used by others. Lucas probably strays away from her, and Violet probably does as well, at first responding well to her tolerance and then fading away once they realize that maybe she isn't quite what she professes to be.

Violet doesn't call Nick an illusionist. She calls him a phony. Magic exists. Illusions are mean-spirited. More than likely one of the few people, if not the only person, she actively dislikes. Stays away from him, and thinks his beard is disgusting. Similarly, Max thinks that his illusions are just a simple party trick, and would be the kind of person to look into how they work online and then debase him in social situations. For fun. Lucas thinks he's a pretty swell guy, though, and is sympathetic to his past.
~~~~~ "We were wrecks before we crashed into each other."

NOW: V7

SOON: V7

DEAD: V6

MAYBE: V?

General Goose
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Empress Plush
Jul 14 2017, 03:03 AM
Of course Blaise and Nick have slept together. Just of course. Look at Blaise. Look at Nick. Now back to Blaise. Now back to Nick. Vain-ass illusionists with nice accents and lots and lots of issues that make them dismissive of others. They occasionally refer to him as Daddy and pretend it just slipped out when they're feeling like stirring the pot. The more I think about it the more I realize they may actually be a little stuck on him but they'll never, ever own up to it.

Hel and Ashlynn seem like they'd at least be colleagues? I imagine they get along decently since their ideologies tend to align, but Hel often tries to get her to reign it in a little and be more engaging with other viewpoints as a way to help win people over rather than alienate them, though I also imagine that's not terribly successful.
Okay yeah Blaise and Nick have slept together. Nick views them as a friend who was v fun to sleep with but does not reciprocate any lingering attractions. He's moved on to more complex and more dramatic things now.

And yes Ashlynn will be the friend that Hel kinda wishes at times wasn't on her side of the argument, because yeah Ashlynn will not like being held back.

Quote:

Max looks down on Ashlynn hard. He probably heard about her parents being discredited through his mother, and as such sees her efforts at debate as some form of reflection of that. Probably runs the fallacy-fallacy as an argument against her most of the time, if they get in spats, and they probably do. He simply doesn't accept the fact that she could be right, just as she barely ever accepts that she's ever wrong. This isn't to say, about Max, that he thinks that he is always right: it is just this person in particular that he cannot accept as ever having a point. As her opinions changed from conservative to progressive, he probably looks down on her for simply going with whatever is in vogue, and probably brings that up in arguments or when asked by others about his thoughts on her - even if she isn't even involved in the discussion apart from a namedrop. Probably gets teased about this - the word hatecrush is one I see used by others. Lucas probably strays away from her, and Violet probably does as well, at first responding well to her tolerance and then fading away once they realize that maybe she isn't quite what she professes to be.

Violet doesn't call Nick an illusionist. She calls him a phony. Magic exists. Illusions are mean-spirited. More than likely one of the few people, if not the only person, she actively dislikes. Stays away from him, and thinks his beard is disgusting. Similarly, Max thinks that his illusions are just a simple party trick, and would be the kind of person to look into how they work online and then debase him in social situations. For fun. Lucas thinks he's a pretty swell guy, though, and is sympathetic to his past.

That all sounds good with Ashlynn. Especially with Max. Let the hatecrush commence. Ashlynn would never admit it though.

Nick thinks Violet is a stupid poopy butthole, but only because she thinks he is. If she just stopped to accept that, hey, she can believe in her mumbo jumbo and Nick can keep on having his fun, that there's no contradiction there, they could be friends. But nope. She gotta be a bitch. Nick isn't bothered at all by Max's attempts to embarass him. Nick is hard to embarass. Nick thinks Lucas is cool, though, yeah.
V7 peeps:
Nick Ogilvie
Ashlynn Martinek
Bill Winlock
Camille Bellegarde

V6 peeps:
Kiziah Saraki
Bradley Floyd

Somersault
Member Avatar
i'm a boss ass bitch (bitch bitch)
[ *  * ]
ASHLYNN AND JANIE TRIVIA QUEENS UNITE. Or if you want, they can be trivia rivals instead, bc they're both kind of rlly aggressive although Janie makes rlly crappy attempts to try to cover up that part of her personality?
here's my v7 planning thread or whatever
C-H-A-T-T-A-N-O-O-G-A

V7 HERE WE COME

Concepts

Art Thangs

Let Them Fly Free

backslash
Member Avatar
Who is this sassy lost child
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
All of my kids probably have varying degrees of dislike for Ashlynn except Astor, who could potentially go either way with her. He's principled but chill and not super into debating, so it depends on how she would feel about that.

Kind of hard to tell how things would turn out with Nick just from the blurb, things might work better if developed through actual threading (you're not getting away with only writing with me for one thread this version :3c)
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Characters

Others

General Goose
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
@somersault: tbh Ashlynn does not get competitive over trivia, so at most it'll be friendly rivalry. She has a sense of perspective about these things, after all. She'll probably be friendly with Janie unless STUDENT POLITICS intervene

@backslash: As long as Astor has the right opinions, they could be friends

And yes I will totally thread with you to see how everyone clicks with Nick
V7 peeps:
Nick Ogilvie
Ashlynn Martinek
Bill Winlock
Camille Bellegarde

V6 peeps:
Kiziah Saraki
Bradley Floyd

Somersault
Member Avatar
i'm a boss ass bitch (bitch bitch)
[ *  * ]
Yayyyy Janie finally has trivia friends.
here's my v7 planning thread or whatever
C-H-A-T-T-A-N-O-O-G-A

V7 HERE WE COME

Concepts

Art Thangs

Let Them Fly Free

Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I didn't want to have to do this but u leave me with no choice.

Ashlynn (rip v6) - Joanne likes activists turned progressive. Ashlynn probably doesn't think much of Joanne's brand of fighting the good fight since Joanne comes off as an idiot. Probably some sort of vague tolerance and similar circles.

Beryl's informal and unstructured approach to philosophy and debate would probably peeve off Ashlynn. It'd get especially annoying because Beryl would turnabout and agree with Ashlynn disagreeing with her. One sided dislike, probably.

Nick - We still on the polyamory swag, yeah? Share interests in magic and illusion-craft. Beryl doesn't apply peer pressure as a person and she gracefully tolerates his more irritating/problematic quirks so she'd be easy to be around, as a friend, then when she's like 'hey wanna threesome but romantic like' then he like 'wew lad ye'. Probably similarly off-color humors, albeit not the same.
V7

V6 - Like you imagined when you... were young...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · V7 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply