Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friendship is Tragic~; Or that time Paige was certain someone has used this title before but they basic
Topic Started: Jul 4 2017, 04:38 AM (936 Views)
Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
Paige/EP/Plush, they/them pronouns pls thanks :3
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hey. You've got characters. I've got characters. It's weird they aren't doing stuff together, right? Let's fix that!

Zyzzx Rigs

Blaise d'Aramitz

Helena 'Hel' Fury

Jeremiah "Blu-J" Widdlestone

Damion Riccardo Maradona Reyes

Barbara "Babs" Mulaney
SotF Characters

the highest honor i'll ever achieve

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Malloon
Member Avatar
Survivor
[ *  * ]
Well, starting with the obvious, Keith doesn't like Cleo because... Keith. Though her being handicapped and athletic would make him back down somewhat, seeing as how he has some respect for determination like that. By himself, he'd be gruff and avoid her, with his friends he'd join in with any jeering or stuff, but his heart wouldn't be into it like with other people.

Chloe and Blaise would have one thing in common - Chloe is half-french herself, but Blaise's traits are otherwise the eptiome of what Chloe would consider "nonsense": Extrememly dedicated to appearence? Check. Gambling? (Chloe is a maths wizz and knows how probability works.) Check. Impulsive and having a short attention span? Check. Inconsistent and arbitrary? Check. Unreasonable (through vindictiveness)? Check. Flighty and unwilling to commit to a relationship? Check. Thinks themself too good to communicate clearly? Check. Yeah, Chloe wouldn't like them, though in general she'd not go further than being cold and snippy when in their presence. She'd still help them if asked and feel sorry for them if they get in a pickle, but both with a "cluck" from her tongue of dissproval and an almost audible "I told you so, or would have if you'd bothered to listen".

I'm guessing Blaise woudn't appreciate that condescension.
Edited by Malloon, Jul 4 2017, 06:11 AM.
V6 Character - Benjamin "Squirrel" Lichter [ ~ / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / > ] - You'll find him in the clouds.
Future Characters:
Chloe Bruges - You'll find her doing math.
Joseph "Joey" Quintero - You'll find him writing speaches.
Keith Rogers - You'll find him out with his gang.

In the unlikely event you want to use my characters...

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
One of my kids, Roxie, also lost her leg in similar circumstances as Cleo. I honestly don't know how close they'd be, but they do share similar life experiences, so that'd be something they'd at least relate to? I think Roxie, at least, would admire her drive, if occasionally finding her hesitance a bit annoying. And... hm, what would Cleo's opinion on Roxie be?

I might come back with more stuff later. O:
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.
Bree Jones- "I'm not exaggerating when I say that my fish are smarter."
Roxanne "Roxie" Borowski- "Next video? Oh man, tons of ideas, dude. Lemme get the makeup for that."

In Loving Memory

Humiliating things I caught you guys saying

Kami's Promise for v6 (doing this again)

Posted Image

Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V6. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.

CrossbowPig
Member Avatar
Tryhard
[ *  *  * ]
Lucas is an urban explorer and a bit of a loner as well, so if they were friends I'd imagine that Jeremiah would be one of his good friends, but at the same time I'm not all too sure what would be the spark that would push the two together.

Hel and Violet would probably be gaming buddies first, then magick buddies second, though. Violet's a kind soul, she's open to just about anybody.
~~~~~ Sadly CBP looked at a SOTF character. It was so sad... such a sad character... like him... he only waned a normal life... was that too much to ask? was it?

NOW: V7

SOON: V7

DEAD: V6

MAYBE: V?

Aloha
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Nate and Blaise share an interest in the arts, and I can see them at least being casual conversational partners when they share art classes, or possibly at art club. He'd definitely admire the confidence they have to be openly genderfluid in their environment, and he may or may not confide his sexuality in them, though it depends on whether or not Blaise can keep a secret. I feel like Nate might also run in the same general nerd social circle as Hel, but since they're both socially awkward + their interests barely overlap I don't see much beyond occasional friendless.

idk how they'd meet but Isra would sympathize w/ Jeremiah's attitudes towards school, and would def be willing to talk abt it and possibly help him thru thinking abt stuff after high school since she's also trying to sort that out for herself. But I can see Jeremiah being unwilling to do so, and Isra would back off if he wanted her to.
Characters

Chat Quotes

Arts!

Open to constructive criticism!

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Damian and Babs have joined the fray!

@Malloon: Both of these sound great. Cleo probably doesn't give a fuck about the opinion of Keith or his friends, though I can imagine they might have had a confrontation or two if they got particularly animated.

Chloe and Blaise are real interesting to me because I think given Blaise's nature they'd take the coldness more as a challenge than as something to be offended by. Teasing her in French and being overly friendly when she's about to try and show her that their unpredictability is fun and she needs to let her hair down some more. Plus Blaise can always use people that will call them on their shit, there's a particularly big incident with Z's Myles where they out him after their relationship goes nuclear and...yeah they're gonna deserve some people yelling at them after that. Forever >.>

@Kami: I think Cleo would think that Roxie is super fucking cool tbh. I've got her in my head as a pocket horror fan though it's not something she'd indulge much on her own, but if she had a friend who was way into it I could see her getting in deeper too. Plus the girl feeds on sass and and would think that her work is really really neat. Maybe even ask her for a hand figuring out how to get a YouTube channel and other stuff put out so she can build a social media presence, if Roxie'd be inclined to give her a hand there. I could see them being really good long term friends based on their personalities!

@CBP: Awwwww yiiiis I'm hella digging on Lucas and Jeremiah as urban explorer bros. I've been thinking about a hobby that would put him out away from people without being too close to his dad's outdoorsman interests and I think urban exploring would be a really good compromise, maybe they just ran into each other out geocaching or both ending up fucking around in the same old building without knowing the other was there.

Violet and Hel sounds great too. Other gaming friends are a plus, other witchy chicks are a must, and I think their personalities could mesh together super well. I could see them as friends from freshman year on, and Hel would be super into the pilgrimage Violet wants to take. I could also see her being one of the handful of people she confides about her relationship with?

@'loha: HOO BOY CAN BLAISE NOT KEEP A SECRET

I imagine after the incident with Myles Blaise has a really, really bad reputation both with the out and closeted members of the local GSM community. Like, they genuinely and frivolously endangered him out of pure spite. Combine that with Blaise's generally unpredictable personality and yeah, confiding in them is noooot a great plan XD I could see them being casually friendly before the Myles outing, after that is up to you. I can definitely see Hel and Nate as casual buds who are nice to each other and maybe occasionally game, but not in each other's inner circle.

Isra and Jeremiah could be...interesting. I don't think he'd tell her to back off because honestly he just doesn't have the backbone to even if he wanted her too right now, and maybe she can help him out with that some. He spends most of his time either quietly afraid, confused, or numb so how good a conversational partner he is depends on how/when she catches him from the day to day. He'd appreciate the help and concern, though, even if he has trouble showing it.
SotF Characters

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

CrossbowPig
Member Avatar
Tryhard
[ *  *  * ]
Lucas doesn't explicitly do Geocaching, but I think a tense memory thread where the two are in the same building and inadvertently having a game of cat and mouse might be in order.
~~~~~ Sadly CBP looked at a SOTF character. It was so sad... such a sad character... like him... he only waned a normal life... was that too much to ask? was it?

NOW: V7

SOON: V7

DEAD: V6

MAYBE: V?

Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I get to u first 👀👀

Demetri and Blaise could have bet over some dices and a few games of cards casually, back a year or two ago? And now I figure Demetri would very much not be something Blaise approves of because of his less savory jokes that might become personal insults. And perhaps some debts owed that he has yet to pay up, a couple of bucks nothing big, but he's blown Blaise off long enough that they would start to activate their full vengeful rage on him and shittalk him to their friends. One of the cases where their rage against another is pretty much justified. Not that he needs the help making his reputation further questionable.

Something interesting and possibly bad with Jeremiah, hmm. If Demetri and Jeremiah could have been friends since they were young, before Jeremiah's family promptly fell apart, then maybe they have some kinda weird thing going to today? I could see this meaningful but messed up thing where Demetri was and is pretty cool to Jeremiah on some level, lets him stay over, play some board games he has around the house, helps out a bit with Jeremiah's math grade where he can. But then Demetri's also a toxic influence because the homophobic jokes might just further confused Jeremiah's identity and make him feel isolated, and Demetri is also passive and fails to protect Jeremiah from his bullies. It's complex and weird, I'd get it if u disapprove.

Damian once thought Demetri was just innocently malicious with his shitty sense of humor. Tried to talk some sense into Demetri. Demetri just shrugged him off. Damian thinks Demetri's a piece of shit now. That seems about right, yeah?

Beryl and people -

Beryl and Blaise would probably bond to some extent over stupid experimental fashion and sketching! Perhaps some of Beryl's flirtations with experimenting with her gender identity could partially be the influence of Blaise on her even. Their both being impulsive and unreliable in their own way probably means they can't necessarily rely on one another though they probably try and dramatically fail projects in classes they share as a result. 👀 Blaise would probably have had something to say about Beryl's trying a polyship, maybe have had a hand in encouraging?

Beryl likes Helena's band even tho she in one of the opposition. That's treachery or something. But anyways Hel is Beryl's frond, etc. Though your call on whether Hel is out to Beryl or otherwise. They should also do magics and rituals and stuffs together, assuming chaos magic isn't some euphemism I am totally missing the point of. Supports the stream and also can occasionally randomly be found being ambient background when Hel and her band are practicing!

Beryl sets lures to try and lure Jeremiah into chess club

Damian and Beryl might have spoken before, probably initiated by Beryl being randomly friendly. Beryl being generally overly liberal might draw some of Damian's ire but she's probably far from problematic in his mind, especially since she talks with an open mind and heart... possibly too open, he might have reprimanded her for being too wishy-washy in her rhetoric before.

Babs tho. So Beryl as initiator the two might have eventually struck up a friendship over Babs being interested in Beryl teaching her Hawaiian, and since they both do some G.O.O.D music stuff they might have some fun times collaborating and messing around writing songs together, Beryl helping Babs with some instrumental work for the songs she wants to bring to life from time to time. Intimate enough they get and perhaps the relationship is tinged with an awkward mutual flush crush neither side can engage on or even be cognizant of because DRAMATIC IRONY reasons.
The Dies Before First Rolls Squad

The Nights
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Zetsumodernista
Member Avatar
escaping the real world to face reality
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Only gonna make notes for the relationships that I have substantive ideas on.

Cleo and Megan: Megan is in need of momfriends and is also a weird mix of 'chill' and 'timid' that'll give her a similar tendency towards doing adventurous stuff cautiously. Maybe they cheer each other on and give each other life advice?

Aoi and Blaise: They hate each other. Aoi is somewhat bigoted against transgender and non-binary people (of the 'you have a biological sex, that's science, stop trying to argue with science' variety) and sees such issues as 'PC nonsense'. Probably judges them for their appearance, and thinks of them as vain and shallow for all the temporary appearance-changes. Judges them for being impulsive too.

Blaise and Megan: Former friends/romance, before Megan accidentally did something to enrage Blaise? Even if she never did, she'd probably be extremely put off by their vindictive streak, and attempts to confront them over it might trigger a falling-out. Anyways, their relationship right now will likely be pretty problematic.

I actually do have more things, but have to go for now. Gonna go ahead and post, will update!
dear god dear god tinkle tinkle hoy

G056: Asuka Takahara: The one who can out-pretentious them all.
- Memories: 1
- Pregame: 1
- V6: 1-2

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Oh hello hi hello friends I'm gonna start hugging you now okay <3_<3

Demetri:

Oh Blaise is gonna rain hellfire on that ass if he owes them money. Honestly though I think they'd keep playing with him unless he becomes a serial flake, they can give as good as they get and they're not looking to be friends, just take a sucker for a ride XD

Ooooooh I love this with Jeremiah and Demetri. Yes pretty please. Like, it's a perfect realistic relationship for him where yeah, dude's a toxic influence and by all rights he should have cut him out of his life, but if they're old friends I think he'd be afraid to lose one of the few points of stability he has as long as things don't escalate super hard. I think his homophobia would make Jeremiah visibly uncomfortable though, how would he respond to that?

Checkity-check-check with that Damian/Demetri relationship.

Beryl:

I think Blaise would definitely encourage polyship there, and that description of their relationship seems spot on. Actually huh. Hold up. Blaise might be poly and have a lot of Very Serious Thoughts about ethical polyamory. Fuck me. You're making me have character deep thoughts Cae-dot, I did not give permission for that O_O

Yeah, I think Hel is out to Beryl. She likes her and trusts her and thinks she's a groovy gal, plus it helps they're both emoji addicts. She'd be open to doing magic stuff with her as well, Hel's a pretty free-spirited practitioner~

plllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllls lure Jeremiah into chess club so I have an excuse to write a character who is as bad at chess as I am

Actually I think Damian generally likes Beryl. She's good enough in spirit that I doubt he'd police her too much, her heart's in the right place and he has bigger fish to fry. They're not super close friends or anything, but he'll smile when he sees her and has probably been to some of her shows.

Oh my gooooood I wanna do Babs and Beryl quietly awkwardly unawaredly crushing on each other forever and ever until the end of time, this picture is way to adorable in my head and it needs to happen yesterday

Megan:

Awww, I hadn't thought of Cleo as a momfriend before but actually you're super right, I can see that all the way. Cleo will drop a motherfucker who gives her trouble, and would probably try to encourage her to get out of her head and into the world a little more. It's cute and I love it, double plus approval.

Okay so this is kinda weird, but Blaise is very rare to explode and hates explaining themselves, so how would Megan feel if one day the relationship just...stopped? Like it was a casualish thing to start with and then Blaise suddenly got really distant and dismissive for awhile and has never explained why? Follow-up, but what if Blaise is back around to being weirdly flirtatious in the present day like nothing ever happened? I feel like we could do something real twisted and interesting here since Megan is super into expressing her negative feelings and making them understood while Blaise is super into being as vague and distant with people who they don't feel are worth their time as possible.

Aoi:

Here's the thing. I think at the start Blaise might get huffy, but once they've clocked his deal then for the most part they never engage with him. Never even acknowledges him. Like, possibly for for upwards of a year or two. Just watches him interacting with both them and others every day until one day in as public a place as possible they walk up behind him real slow, and bend over and whisper something absolutely vicious in his ear. Like, just going off the cuff here but I feel like it's something along the lines of feeling a great deal of pity for him since he is such a bitter, unimaginative, narrow-minded child that the only way he can feel competent is to reduce others with droll parroted opinions so that his own tasteless, cookie cutter existence doesn't look so fucking pathetic when placed alongside any person who could actually be mistaken for interesting. Then they walk away and go back to pretending he doesn't exist, no matter how he tries to get a rise out of them. And that's about how Blaise feels about Aoi.

Hit me up when you have those others, I'm very interested ^.^
SotF Characters

Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
finish the mission

Demetri - Blaise : Demetri pays back, like, eventually. Not consistent sorta deal and maybe skimps on a few dollars from the total tab or such until elbowed hard enough. He's okay enough a player that he can sometimes win enough to reduce the outstanding debt, shrug.

Demetri - Jeremiah : Something along the lines of 'Hey man, it's just a joke, you know I'm cool. Not like we're gay ourselves or anything, like could you see me getting on both my knees? Save that for church, am I right?' Something along those lines, joking and deflecting and such.

Demetri - Damian : Oh and also they're on the same team so RIP.

Beryl - Jeremiah : I nuked the person I had planned to be a chess player when I revamped Joanne but hmm... I'll get back to you on this.

Everything else wins the seal of approveroni!

The Dies Before First Rolls Squad

The Nights
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Somersault
Member Avatar
i'm a boss ass bitch (bitch bitch)
[ *  * ]
Abaynesh would totally be down to be friends with Cleo, who'd probably drag her to do tons of exciting shit. And if not, hooray for planning! Abaynesh loves that. Also, Abaynesh would probably be study buddies with Babs.

Keisha and Cleo are both deeply in the closet ppl, and I guess they'd know each other from around the school and stuff. If Cleo parties, Keisha would def party with her. Also, she's probably done an article on her. RIP. Also super into politics, so she'd probs know Damion, although they'd argue a lot economically. Debate team ppl?

Kelly probably really wants to be friends with Blaise but also thinks they're waaay too pretentious for her. She might know Hel as she's really into art, and yeah.

Hope that sounds good!
Edited by Somersault, Aug 17 2017, 08:56 PM.
here's my v7 planning thread or whatever
C-H-A-T-T-A-N-O-O-G-A

V7 HERE WE COME

Concepts

Art Thangs

Let Them Fly Free

Dannyrulx
Member Avatar
The guy who went AFK for a few months
[ *  *  * ]
Well. We have two characters who have lost eyes in car incidents. Despite being very different, I don't suppose there would be much holding back Lizzy Wilson from being pals with Cleo?
You don't win the game of death by dying first. The name's a little misleading.

My Characters

[/spoiler]

Fenris
Member Avatar
the consummate paragon
[ *  *  * ]
i could've sworn i posted here but apparently not oops

Blaise: Ivy thinks they're a complete freak (while quietly admiring their fashion sense). Dante probably hit on them one day when their presentation was particularly feminine, who knows how That would have went (up to you!).

Helena: Bandmates! There is No Way In Hell Axel could be in a band with her without having had a crush on her at some point, which is either a thing that came up and got squashed down at some point in the past, or is Still A Thing, whatever would be more interesting. Crush or not I imagine his bandmates would be his closest friends, and Hel's probably one of the only people who knows Axel's a closet nerd. (and also closeted period oops) Ivy would see her as a target, again Dante would have flirted with her at one point. Nia would actually probably find her fascinating, though I dunno if or when they'd ever realistically interact.

The Bloo Man: Ivy would have a FIELD DAY with this one. On the other hand Ian would probably go out of his way to talk to him and they'd probably end up friends. Nia would Also find him fascinating and I could totally see them vibing if Jeremiah wouldn't be totally turned off by the fact that the very first thing she'd write to him would be "Why are you blue?" Because once that was out of the way, Nia's a really good listener and would probably attach to strategy board games as her new obsession for a while.

Damian: Ian and Astor are BFFs, so I'm sure he'd know Damian at least a little (Fabian and Damian go together so well as names too!)

Babs: (points at Dante again)
"Well, Fenris, the King of Gossip. We meet again."
v7 kids

the future

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Oh shiiiiiiiii I have so much to respond to sorry folks ;_;

Errything looks good Cae-dot!

Abaynesh:

Vibing on Abaynesh and Cleo! Real talk: memory thread where they go to a WWE live show or taping together? Yes, yes, maybe?

Babs and Abaynesh totally werks, I think Babs probably doesn't get into her hobbies or anything so much but she likes her ^.^

Keisha:

SECRET LOVERS YOU SAY? Noticed that looking through your profile and hooo I can see something coming out of Keisha interviewing her for an article and them spending time together. Cleo probably parties a bit but not too hardcore, though I can see her getting into it.

Hmm, I think Damion and Keisha might disagree some on specific economic policies but to be honest that's not Damion's main focus so I think they'd get along fine?

Damion's not on the debate team, but Hel is and I could see her really liking Keisha! There might be something there, they might even be partners if you're down.

Kelly:

Ooooh I love the idea that Blaise and Kelly kinda wanna be friends, but Blaise is too extra for Kelly and Kelly is too basic for Blaise, I could see Blaise trying to drag her kicking and screaming into being what they feel is more interesting XD

Lizzy:

Hmm, not seeing a ton of overlap between Cleo and Lizzy's interests, but I could see Cleo sticking up for her and biting heads off if she catches people bullying her? She's got a soft spot for wilting flowers.

Ivy:

Hahahahahaha Blaise will tear this bitch apart :3 They're rivals in the gossip/manipulation game I think and if Blaise ever caught wind of Ivy talking shit they would make it a mission to burn her to the ground.

Jeremiah don't have nothing to say to Ivy. Probably quietly hates her if she's always on his case but I don't think he says or does much back, per his usual.

Hel's cursed her at some point. It was a very nice ceremony involving giving her yearbook picture over to the flames and invoking personal ruin upon her soul, only to be disappointed when she realizes that won't work because Ivy doesn't have one~

Dante:

Yooooooo Blaise and Dante totally could have hooked up at some point, it's how they do. I think they find him amusing in a desperate puppy sort of way and are willing to indulge once. Guts says the experience was disappointingly normal and they ignore him now, but I'm up for other ideas as well!

Hel, Cleo, and Babs are aaaaaaaaaall kinda over Dante in different ways, mostly because he seems to flirt with anything that moves and that's not their jam. Babs is kinda flattered, I think, but never does much more than politely smile and thank him. Cleo laughs at him and flirts back, but nothing's ever gonna happen. I think the first time he tried it with Hel she gave him a blank faced "...okay. Cool. Cool. I'm, uh, I'm gonna go now, okay? Okay."

Also I think Damion kiiiinda quietly digs Dante? He likes the earnestness and the hustle, plus they're on the track team so track buds?

Axel:

Okay Axel crushing on Hel is kinda fucking cute. I like the idea that it's unresolved, like maybe it's come up and they talked about it a couple times but she's got hang-ups that keep it from being an outright yes or no. Like, we can make this real sad and go with she likes him and has always kinda been interested but doesn't wanna potentially burn the band to the ground if they don't work or her issues wig out. Theeeen Hel's current secret online relationship happens and I'm debating whether he knows and man there is so much juicy juicy drama here, let's do it O_O

Cleo likes guitar boys, she's flirted with him at some point.

Ian:

Aww, Ian and Jeremiah. I like it. It's interesting because I imagine some of the football bros are among Jeremiah's worst antagonists, but he appreciates having a friend who is actually trying to understand him. Good bro.

Yeah, Damian looooves Ian. Always happy to see oasis in the sea of football suck XD

Nia:

I think Nia and Jeremiah could actually be really close friends...oh my god I want Jeremiah to learn ASL from Nia, I want that memory thread reeeeaaal bad, it's kinda perfect. Jeremiah's not afraid of questions so much as he is judgement and Nia seems like she gives off this really genuine vibe that I think he'd respond super positively to, so there's something there. Probably something even like a platonic crush on his end.

Hel and Nia is also p. cute, I dunno how they interact yet either but I kinda want something there, I'll get back to you!
SotF Characters

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · V7 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply