Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
TORCHES TOGETHER; why burn poor and lonely? || dm's relationship thread, yo
Topic Started: Jul 2 2017, 08:00 PM (544 Views)
dmboogie
Member Avatar
A Delicate Machine
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
unlike v6 im not going to ditch half these guys before profiles even open up, i swear

Abraham "Abe" Watanabe: Write the words "APATHY IS DEATH" like a hundred times on a whiteboard and you get the picture probably. Likes media best when he can make fun of it, especially horror and sci-fi. Writes flash fiction, but only ironically. (He puts a lot of effort into this ironic fiction.) Other than that, he only works hard enough to avoid treading water around the bare minimum so people don't get on his case about half-assing things. Works as a barista at the cafe his dad opened up as a new addition to his family-owned grocery store. Socially, he doesn't go out of his way to be a dick to people or anything, but he's bad with emotions and the expression thereof; and he likes saying weird shit with a straight face just to get a rise out of people. He's bisexual.

Looking for:
-Fellow slacker friends (stoners also welcome)
-ex or current datefriends
-writer buddies (if they can tolerate his "nah man im not really trying, it's ironic, im not owned im not owned" routine)
-people to go 'bro you're kind of a shithead'
-anything else you want, im open for anything man

what the hell, hey friendo

Alexander Brooke: Cool cat. Blind since birth. Reasonably wealthy family. Singer for Beyond Human, a Depeche Mode love-letter band. Spends most of his free time listening to audiobooks and podcasts. He's not the greatest vocalist (but i mean to be fair mr. depeche mode guy doesn't have the biggest range either) but he takes his band very seriously, and he's one of the most vocal about the band's creative direction. Can be kind of an insufferable hipster especially with his dry, sarcastic sense of humor but he means well. Wants to go to college for business. he's str8

Looking for:
-book or podcasts buddies, or buddies in general idk
-ex or current girlfriends
-people who have Opinions about his band

I'm taking a ride with my best friend~

Christine "Chris" Bright: Wants to be a paladin when she grows up probably. She does MMA and is generally buff, also likes Ren Faire/medieval stuff. Fascinated with tattoos and is seriously considering studying to become a tattoo artist after school. Super into social justice. Has very firm opinions on morality and shit, and doesn't have much patience for people who don't. Kinda intense in general! She's gay.

Looking for:
-MMA or knight nerd friends, also friends in general
-ex or current girlfriends
-people to shout at or shout with about politics and justice

BOON COMPANIONS

UPDATED: 10/29/17 11:45 PM (yes I am this determined to not leave the edited tag on while still showing that I'm adding shit, shhh)
a tribute for the dead and dying

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CrossbowPig
Member Avatar
Icon!
[ *  *  * ]
Christine would be shouting at Max a lot, I feel. Max would probably be somewhat mad at her for appropriating medieval attire as a social justice warrior, and he'd run arguments based on what the ideals of the time were. It'd probably aggravate Chris a decent bit, but hey, that's what Max is up to lately.

Lucas could probably be writer buddies with Abe, yeah? And I mean, Lucas is sort of a slacker when it comes to maintaining a healthy social image, so maybe that box is ticked too? Unsure but you get my drift.
~~~~~ "We were wrecks before we crashed into each other."

NOW: V7

SOON: V7

DEAD: V6

MAYBE: V?

Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Boogie's in it everyone else pack up and head home.

I see potential with Demetri and Abe being cool friends? Demetri's pseudo ironically a nerd with the same media tastes and also tries too hard as a writer. Though Demetri's probably more genuine and definitely way worse. Since they both have terrible senses of humor I figure they're kindred spirits over that. Pretty much cool with each other and hang out, maybe Demetri tries to pick Abe's brain for writing tips and shits.
The Dies Before First Rolls Squad

The Nights

Brackie
Member Avatar
i love him, i love him, i love him, i love him
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I feel like Christine and Jordan would be good friends! She's also fairly sporty and also heavily into social justice stuff but she's not very good at forming good arguments so she kind of gets rings run around her by people like Max :c

I also feel like Alex would know Mikki, both being artists/musicians! She's also the most serious about her own group's direction and is probably going to end up in LA as a production intern after school so I feel like they'd get each other - also if he's attractive Mikki would probably have hooked up with him or tried to at least once or twice.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I can't sing but I wrote you a song

Wrong notes but the melody's so clear

When I'm lost, I'm still close to gold

cause I found my treasure in you

Deamon
Member Avatar
Humans...
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Oh boy, Forrest would be friends with Abe since she's a pretty notorious stoner and she'd also good at not giving a shit about what people say. She'd probably find his fiction interesting at a minimum if that helps any XD

Alisa would probably dislike Abe since there's probably a chance he's said something stupid about her race or religion, which she is a little sensitive about.

Forrest would probably think that Alexander's band is cool and that him being blind but still performing is awesome. They could have gone out or are currently going out during pregame, which considering Forrest is best friends with Mikki won't be awkward for anyone at all.

For Chris I'm thinking maybe her and Aliya get on as they're both into combat sports to some extent. Bret might find her attractive but be like "Hm, she's hot but gay. That's some shit."
Kimiko Kao - - - - - - - The Lagniappe
Travis "Trav" Lynch - - They Stumbled Into Faith and Thought
Cameron Herrig - Ω - Ω - Shock Me

V5
Unknowns
"They'll tell you failure is not an option. That is ridiculous. Failure is always an option. Failure is the most readily available option at all times. But it's a choice. You can choose to fail. You can choose to succeed."

dmboogie
Member Avatar
A Delicate Machine
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
okay first things first i think i misrepresented Abe a bit, so just to clear it up: his sense of humor is less "offensive for the sake of it" and more "really weird."

Quote:

Christine would be shouting at Max a lot, I feel. Max would probably be somewhat mad at her for appropriating medieval attire as a social justice warrior, and he'd run arguments based on what the ideals of the time were. It'd probably aggravate Chris a decent bit, but hey, that's what Max is up to lately.

lmao yeah chris would hate his guts. absolutely Bad Feelings

Quote:

Lucas could probably be writer buddies with Abe, yeah? And I mean, Lucas is sort of a slacker when it comes to maintaining a healthy social image, so maybe that box is ticked too? Unsure but you get my drift.

yeah abe'd be cool with him

Quote:

I see potential with Demetri and Abe being cool friends? Demetri's pseudo ironically a nerd with the same media tastes and also tries too hard as a writer. Though Demetri's probably more genuine and definitely way worse. Since they both have terrible senses of humor I figure they're kindred spirits over that. Pretty much cool with each other and hang out, maybe Demetri tries to pick Abe's brain for writing tips and shits.

i think these duders would get along really well yeah, tho abe would be kinda "uh. dude???" at Demitri's sketchier shit. doesn't have enough conviction to really do anything about it other than awkwardly laugh and try to change the subject if it's particularly bad though.

Quote:

I feel like Christine and Jordan would be good friends! She's also fairly sporty and also heavily into social justice stuff but she's not very good at forming good arguments so she kind of gets rings run around her by people like Max :c

EVERY KNIGHT NEEDS A SQUIRE hell yeah they'd be good friends

Quote:

I also feel like Alex would know Mikki, both being artists/musicians! She's also the most serious about her own group's direction and is probably going to end up in LA as a production intern after school so I feel like they'd get each other - also if he's attractive Mikki would probably have hooked up with him or tried to at least once or twice.

Alex would probs respect/hang around Mikki for her seriousness about music, yeah. (Alex is p. attractive but he's also Not into hookups, so any attempts would most likely remain attempts.)

Quote:

Oh boy, Forrest would be friends with Abe since she's a pretty notorious stoner and she'd also good at not giving a shit about what people say. She'd probably find his fiction interesting at a minimum if that helps any XD

Alisa would probably dislike Abe since there's probably a chance he's said something stupid about her race or religion, which she is a little sensitive about.

Abe and Forrest seem like they'd gel well (and we already agreed that they're currently dating. :P) Abe's not that brand of ass so I don't think Alisa would have much of a problem with him, but I also don't think they'd be more than casually friendly. Also, his hanging out with Demetri might sour him to her.

Quote:

Forrest would probably think that Alexander's band is cool and that him being blind but still performing is awesome.

Alex would think it's cool that Forrest does music but everything else about her band and personality in general doesn't seem like they'd gel

Quote:

For Chris I'm thinking maybe her and Aliya get on as they're both into combat sports to some extent.

ye

Posted Image

backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
In addition to the stuff we've talked about with Myles and Abe, Andy and Alex probably have a rivalry-slash-kinda friendship going on due to competing bands. I think Christine could get along with both Dolly and Astor, Dolly for fashion things (Lolita is different from Medieval but Dolly would still be into it) and Astor for politics/social justice things.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Characters

Others

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
Paige/EP/Plush, they/them pronouns pls thanks :3
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Cleo has no fucking patience for Abe and would absolutely fire back if he tried to get a rise out of her. I think she probably had a huuuuuuuuuge crush on Christine at some point but she's super private about her bisexuality and only dates people she feels are okay being low-key about it so I don't think she ever followed up on it other than maybe some awkward flirting.

Blaise finds Christine just ridiculous and probably ridicules her constantly in exaggerated Ren Faire speak that is obviously wrong.

Hel has a hot and cold relationship with Abe, I'd say, where she wants to get along but he probably pushes her buttons and she needs a breather sometimes? They can be stoner buds but on the other hand she's Sbucks trash soooooooooo. I think she really likes Alexander though. Maybe they dated for a hot minute? I don't think it'd last, especially because I think there'd be some at least internal problematic romanticizing of his blindness within her dysphoric headspace that would make her uncomfortable/ableist even if she doesn't express it and eventually you gotta make way for secret online relationship, but they could still be acquaintances afterwards. She lives in awe of Christine and wishes she had the personality to be like her.

Mmmmmmmmmm I feel like Abe has probably said some really bad things to Jeremiah at some point and that bridge is just burned to cinders. I feel like he and Christine could have an interesting relationship? How is she about like, trying to fix people's problems?

Damian also loves Christine and they could be LGBTQA+/social activism buds. I feel like they'd mesh really, really well.

Babs likes Alexander a whole lot and probably trades podcasts with him pretty frequently. She is terrified both of Christine's loud, confident, political personality and the weird fluttery feeling she gets in the pit of her stomach whenever Christine is around that she does not want to explore ever at all till the end of time thank you very much please.
SotF Characters

the highest honor i'll ever achieve

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

Somersault
Member Avatar
i'm a boss ass bitch (bitch bitch)
[ *  * ]
Adele may be sorta writer friends with Abe, but she almost might find him a bit of a dick tee-bee-haitch. But maybe it can work?

Cleo and Alexander might maybe bond over random shit, esp if Alex parties, bc Cleo is all about that life. Well, about doing that life responsible. STAY SAFE KIDS

here's my v7 planning thread or whatever
C-H-A-T-T-A-N-O-O-G-A

V7 HERE WE COME

Concepts

Art Thangs

Let Them Fly Free

Fenris
Member Avatar
the consummate paragon
[ *  *  * ]
kids kids kids kids kids

Abe: axel def at least knows him through mutual friends, though he does want to stomp demetri into the ground so that could be a complicating factor on the two of them actually being friends. i think theyd get along fine mostly tho. i cant decide if artem would think he was funny or if he'd just exhaust him completely since artem takes his writing p serious but also like im imagining them stoned and watching old horror movies and its an appealing image

Alexander: okay normally i do my kids in order but i saw "Depeche Mode love-letter band" and artem lost it so like, you've got a fan at least? maybe a friend too since artem's a big reader. axel at least knows him since he's hel's ex and he probably thinks his band's aight but also like, Band Rivalry

Chris: (obligatory "dante has probs hit on her and im sure that just went GREAT" here) ivy's like "lol gross" but she wouldnt (loudly) talk shit cause she doesnt want to get hit. nia lowkey thinks she's hella cute but probably keeps her distance cause Politics and Justice and Moral Stuff is just not her jam
"Well, Fenris, the King of Gossip. We meet again."
v7 kids

the future

backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Now that I have Mercy, I think she and Christine would know each other since Mercy is getting into MMA. They might clash at times but I think they could be friends.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Characters

Others

dmboogie
Member Avatar
A Delicate Machine
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
hello yes everyone thanks for dropping your kids off i swear i didnt just abandon them behind a denny's for three months (it was an arby's)

backslash

In addition to the stuff we've talked about with Myles and Abe, Andy and Alex probably have a rivalry-slash-kinda friendship going on due to competing bands. I think Christine could get along with both Dolly and Astor, Dolly for fashion things (Lolita is different from Medieval but Dolly would still be into it) and Astor for politics/social justice things.

This all sounds good! I think Andy/Alex would be more on the "rival" side since I don't see their personalities gelling well, but it'd still be mostly good-natured.

Chris would be super appreciative of Dolly's aesthetic even if it isn't exactly her jam. Their dreams for the future are pretty similar, too; and I can see them meshing well in general. Good Friends, imo. Graffiti is kinda like tattoos in that both are art forms on non-traditional canvases, so I think Chris'd tag along with some of Astor's tagging trips too; in addition to the justice shit.

Empress Plush

Cleo has no fucking patience for Abe and would absolutely fire back if he tried to get a rise out of her. I think she probably had a huuuuuuuuuge crush on Christine at some point but she's super private about her bisexuality and only dates people she feels are okay being low-key about it so I don't think she ever followed up on it other than maybe some awkward flirting.

(did you drop Cleo? I don't see her in your thread - if she's still i'm cool with both of these)

Empress Plush

Blaise finds Christine just ridiculous and probably ridicules her constantly in exaggerated Ren Faire speak that is obviously wrong.

rude

Empress Plush

Hel has a hot and cold relationship with Abe, I'd say, where she wants to get along but he probably pushes her buttons and she needs a breather sometimes? They can be stoner buds but on the other hand she's Sbucks trash soooooooooo. I think she really likes Alexander though. Maybe they dated for a hot minute? I don't think it'd last, especially because I think there'd be some at least internal problematic romanticizing of his blindness within her dysphoric headspace that would make her uncomfortable/ableist even if she doesn't express it and eventually you gotta make way for secret online relationship, but they could still be acquaintances afterwards. She lives in awe of Christine and wishes she had the personality to be like her.

Hell yeah stoner buds - Abe feels contractually obliged to dunk on her for the starsbucks, though. He probably wouldn't deliberately push her buttons much, but he's also a dummo so it'll happen regardless.

I like the idea of her having dated Alex - they've got bandshit and nerdery in common; but yeah it probably wouldn't last too long and Alex has Zero Goddamn Patience for ableist shit - even if it was never explicit, he'd probably pick up on it eventually? I think it might've ended poorly, but at some point afterwards they made up and are at least friendly in the present?

Chris thinks she's cool and is All About collecting weird titles but I don't think they'd be too close.

Empress Plush

Mmmmmmmmmm I feel like Abe has probably said some really bad things to Jeremiah at some point and that bridge is just burned to cinders. I feel like he and Christine could have an interesting relationship? How is she about like, trying to fix people's problems?

Yeah, Abe wouldn't target the guy intentionally; but he's almost certainly made some tone-deaf jokes to him that fucked any chance of them getting along. He feels bad about it, but he's also a piece of shit who doesn't know how to apologize, so that's a non-starter. :V

Chris isn't really the type to try and "fix" people, so she'd probably be nice to Jeremiah but not much more than that.

Empress Plush

Damian also loves Christine and they could be LGBTQA+/social activism buds. I feel like they'd mesh really, really well.

hella lgbtqa+ justice solidarity

Empress Plush

Babs likes Alexander a whole lot and probably trades podcasts with him pretty frequently. She is terrified both of Christine's loud, confident, political personality and the weird fluttery feeling she gets in the pit of her stomach whenever Christine is around that she does not want to explore ever at all till the end of time thank you very much please.

podbros. Pros. Yeah they'd get along well and Alex would respect her a lot for her language studies.

Chris would probably notice Babs's nervousness around her eventually and try to keep it down when she's around, but I think that'd be basically the extent of their relationship.

Somersault

Adele may be sorta writer friends with Abe, but she almost might find him a bit of a dick tee-bee-haitch. But maybe it can work?

He is a bit of a dick but it could probably still work, esp. since he parties and shit too.

Somersault

Cleo and Alexander might maybe bond over random shit, esp if Alex parties, bc Cleo is all about that life. Well, about doing that life responsible. STAY SAFE KIDS

Alex is an incredible stick in the mud so no partying! I could see them getting along but probs not anything too deep?

Fenris

Abe: axel def at least knows him through mutual friends, though he does want to stomp demetri into the ground so that could be a complicating factor on the two of them actually being friends. i think theyd get along fine mostly tho. i cant decide if artem would think he was funny or if he'd just exhaust him completely since artem takes his writing p serious but also like im imagining them stoned and watching old horror movies and its an appealing image

Yeah I don't think Abe and Axel would really be friends, but they're both party people that's probably be alright around each other. Maybe they hooked up at one point too?

abe would probably dunk on artem (not maliciously but maybe past the point of comfort), but i am 10000% percent down for doing the weed and the horror yo

Fenris

Alexander: okay normally i do my kids in order but i saw "Depeche Mode love-letter band" and artem lost it so like, you've got a fan at least? maybe a friend too since artem's a big reader. axel at least knows him since he's hel's ex and he probably thinks his band's aight but also like, Band Rivalry

Yeah I could see them getting along! Alex is always down to talk books with people, and he's also v. not against the ego trip of knowing someone's actually a fan.

They don't have much in common so the extent of his relationship with Axel would probs just be the band rivalry, especially since he hides his love of fantasy novels.

Fenris

Chris: (obligatory "dante has probs hit on her and im sure that just went GREAT" here) ivy's like "lol gross" but she wouldnt (loudly) talk shit cause she doesnt want to get hit. nia lowkey thinks she's hella cute but probably keeps her distance cause Politics and Justice and Moral Stuff is just not her jam

yeah fair

Backslash

Now that I have Mercy, I think she and Christine would know each other since Mercy is getting into MMA. They might clash at times but I think they could be friends.

Chris thinks Mercy is v. cute (and has probably flirted with her at least once) but wouldn't have teased her or anything so I think they could be MMA friends yeah!

Posted Image

dmboogie
Member Avatar
A Delicate Machine
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Double-posting to note that I've updated the OP with every single relationship my characters currently have, so maybe it'll actually be useful now!!!!!!

If you worked something out with me but I didn't write it, please tell me I'm bad so I can fix it.

Posted Image

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
oh hello yes

Cammy is neither a slacker nor a stoner, but she is super chill and does do weed, so she'd probably be alright with Abe (minus maybe the weird trolly sense of humor). Cammy would also be pretty cool with Alexander as a fellow 'person who does the music'. Sachi kickboxes, which isn't the same as MMA but is probably close enough that she and Chris would be on friendly terms. Dane is just pretty much a jerk to anyone who isn't as rich as he is, so there's potential for enmity there (can't think of anything more specific than that, but yeah).
Let's show that private threads still aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on the island in V6. If I started a thread in-game, you are welcome to join it.

In the past...

In the future...

backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Aha, I totally forgot Forrest and Abe were a Thing. Andy's going to have some baggage with Abe over that since he's still carrying a torch for Forrest and all.
Characters

Others

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · V7 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply