Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
I'll draw your character when I'm bored; for free
Topic Started: Jul 2 2017, 09:23 AM (7,630 Views)
MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
You've been counting stars, now you're counting on me
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Wow, you are really really excellent at this. Your style is super cool, too. I like how much emotion and character you're able to work into even stuff like the angle of someone's head.

I'm not sure if you're willing to venture into the perilous waters of Mini/older versions (since I just request the same handful of characters every time someone makes an art thread and since appearances are, like, the part of profiles I struggle most with so I procrastinate on them for new characters until the very end), but if so, would you be willing to draw Jewel Evans?

Here is her description extracted:

Thanks so much for showing your work! You're cool.
V7:
Juliette Sargent drawn by Mimi and Ryuki
Alton Gerow drawn by Mimi
Lavender Ripley drawn by Mimi
Phillip Olivares drawn by Ryuki
Library Vee
Misty Browder
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
These are absolutely fabulous. I love how much detail you manage to get into little things, like clothing wrinkles and designs and Jonathan's scar--it's subtle yet always noticeable.
V7:
Library Vee
Misty Browder

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Just wanna say, again, that you're doing a super awesome job on these. I love how you're able to work a lot of variation into posture and stance and how you're able to subtly define features with stuff like nose shape and eyebrows. I'm not great at unpacking visual things but I guess what I'm trying to say is that I love your style and am totally amazed by how much you can work into these. You rock!
V7:
Library Vee
Misty Browder

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
<3

Jewel looks super duper wonderful and amazing. I love all the little details you put into her clothing and hair. I just want to say again that it's super cool of you to volunteer your time and very considerable talent making art for folks. You are totally awesome. :)

Also, since you've indicated willingness to let folks add more to your endless pile, could I request Jennifer Perez? Her appearance section is extracted below with a couple notes because V4-era profile standards were terrible looser.

Jennifer's appearance plus a couple notes

Feel totally free to ignore, skip, etc. as you will. That you've done the amount of art you have already makes you a hero to the community, and I don't want to add untoward work if you're not down. Once more, you rock!
V7:
Library Vee
Misty Browder

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Really wonderful job. <3 Cass has this real physical presence, and I totally love Jasmine's shirt and how it's slightly untucked. I'm glad to see you back in action, and I hope you're not stressing or feeling pressured at all here, because doing any sort of art for the community is a huge gift and an amazing thing to volunteer. You absolutely rock.
V7:
Library Vee
Misty Browder

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
These are super incredible. I'm particularly impressed by Jeremiah's hat/hair, Arthur's sort of half-smirk, and the way Dorothy's eyebrows meet her hair--the latter especially since it manages to be super distinct despite being largely strong black lines in both areas. You pack a ton of expression into these. You totally rock. <3
V7:
Library Vee
Misty Browder

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Amazing job as always, Kotorikun! One of the things standing out to me especially in this round is the cool way in which you do eyes--I'm not totally sure how to describe it, but the line-based shading there looks really good. I also like the super subtle grey fill going on to suggest shading or darker color. I'm always super stoked to see this thread update, 'cause I know it'll be something cool. <3
V7:
Library Vee
Misty Browder

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
All of this is super awesome and I'm super stoked for the group drawings but I think we all need to take a while to appreciate the majesty of that butt some more. I really love that it's basically just a butt. I also really love that you knocked out another really great version of Jay just to make a butt joke too.
V7:
Library Vee
Misty Browder

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
<3

What Yugi said! You did a super duper wonderful job with them, and got a ton of character into the poses and expressions. I'm constantly in awe of your talents. Also, this may be a weird thing to focus on, but I'm super impressed by your ability to accurately draw the Ghostbusters logo from something other than a straight-on perspective. I dunno, it's so smooth I almost didn't notice at first, but it really adds this element of depth and camera angle to it all, if you will.
V7:
Library Vee
Misty Browder

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Kotorikun
Oct 24 2017, 01:21 AM
MurderWeasel

(....)but I'm super impressed by your ability to accurately draw the Ghostbusters logo from something other than a straight-on perspective.
sweats..... I actually did draw it from a straight-on perspective. Then I changed the perspective of this layer with a tool. [announcer voice] stay tuned for more tips and tricks for digital art.
Hey, that counts! That's cool. I didn't even know you could do that maybe it's time to upgrade from the version of Photoshop I've been using since 2002.
V7:
Library Vee
Misty Browder

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Kaitlyn and Mikki look amazing, as do Will and Jordan who I somehow neglected to comment on I think because I saw them in the birthday thread. I love Will's luxurious mane and Jordan's freckles. Kaitlyn's art actually super intrigues me to learn more about her as a character; she looks so... confident. And I think the bulk to Mikki's coat is amazing. You've outdone yourself once again.
V7:
Library Vee
Misty Browder

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Reading posts for BKA and BDA made me love Matt already but that plaid shirt and suave beard and smoky gaze make me love him even more.
V7:
Library Vee
Misty Browder

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Artist's Alley · Next Topic »
Add Reply